[MOD] SURVEY: Adding a Moderator
1stJun 8, 2023
- Hi Tengaged!
The purpose of this blog is because the moderation team would like to open a discussion about a POTENTIAL addition to our moderation team. Before proceeding, I want to CLEARLY specify that we are only at the stage of CONSIDERING this possibility. Any final approval regarding an addition to the team (and who specifically that may be) will be made by randomize.
With that in mind, we do believe that your thoughts and recommendations will be important in shaping the decision. We want to poll you all about the following:
- Are there any specific qualities you believe would be a necessary addition to the team?
- Should we limit the search in any way? Consider things like how long the person has been on Tengaged.
- Are there any specific members of the community you think would be a good fit? Please do not recommend yourself.
We invite you all to share your recommendations by replying to this blog. Feel free to engage with others and have discussions on the blogs page publicly (tag us so we see it!). We want this to be an open and public discussion, so please do not reach out to us privately unless absolutely necessary.
PLEASE NOTE: Reaching out to any of the three moderators to discuss this is likely to result in us not responding. None of us will single-handedly make this decision. The decision isn't an easy one and trying to advocate for yourself continuously does not make it any easier for anyone involved. Our intention is to make this decision in the most transparent way possible, which is why we would like discussion about it to remain public at all times.
We look forward to hearing your valuable opinions and recommendations! If you have any questions, comment below.
Some points of clarification based on comments made so far:
- randomize will not be "selecting" the moderator in that he is not about to make a random decision as was done in the past. It will be made based on recommendations from the three current moderators (as was the case for the addition of koolness234 and I). He obviously has the power to say no to somebody, though.
- There is not about to be a "mod election." The Tengaged public will not be asked to select the moderator, but will just be consulted about our process in selecting that person.
Leave a comment