This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 339 FINAL

Topic » TSC 339 FINAL

1906 days 5 hours ago
adeleadele
30) ROZES- A good entry overall! But this is such a strong contest, i can only give points to 10 songs :/
1906 days 5 hours ago
Alexeh23
31) Raja Kumari - 'Shook'

Svetha Rao, professionally known as Raja Kumari, is an Indian-American songwriter, rapper and recording artist who has written songs for artists such as Iggy Azalea, Gwen Stefani and Fifth Harmony. She'll be making her third appearance in TSC with "Shook", hoping it'll leave us all just that.

"Of course he wanna eat me, sweet as lychee, but he ain't never caught a head shot from a genie."
1906 days 5 hours ago
adeleadele
31) Raja Kumari- What a week closer to a extremely strong contest. Its not "bad" but it just flew past me. The rapping was not even good either
1906 days 5 hours ago
Alexeh23
We made it!!

All 31 songs have been posted!

Make sure you listen to all of the songs, post your comments and then send your votes to CharlieBibi, NOT me.

Please give 12 10 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 points to your ten favourite songs. If you don't know how to vote, please PM me/CharlieBibi.

To remind help remind you of all of the songs, a fab recap has been created for you to listen to while doing your votes. Thanks to Felix for this. <3
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XMy0OoyzD70dmvBhqR3B-r836ZzYe8Tj

The votes are due on Sunday at 3 PM EST/8 PM BST, which is when the results show will be hosted.

Good luck all!
1906 days 5 hours ago
adeleadele
Full Comments

01) Destra Garcia- What a open to the TSC 2019 season LOL! I really enjoy Soca music so no surprise i really enjoy this! It's not at "Big girl now" level, but still a fun opener and entry! AND THAT VIDEO LOL MY WIG!
02) Nicole Millar- We stan a Canadian! Ok not strong verses, but waiting too see where it goes. Ok did not like where it went. The drop sounds so basic, heard it all before. Quite bad honestly.
03) BLAYA- It's quite good overall! A bit generic, but i enjoyed it! Not sure if it would get points considering there is 31 songs.
04) Dami Im- Queen! I don't think this will do well in the contest considering its a live performance. This started as a slow beautiful ballad, then turned a bit upbeat (Acoustic upbeat) Ok honestly i love this, this will flop, but i love this <3
05) Gabriella- We stan another Canadian! Also NF Reject so im prob biased cuz im a eurovision stan <3 I stanned this song too, i stan everything about this LOL! So catchy and i love the use of strings! LOVE LOVE LOVE!
06) LYRA- A well produced pop song, also tsc friendly :P I loved that bridge honestly, the chorus could of had more of a punch, but still a nice song!
07) Matt Nathanson- The budget music video i cackle! Not bad, but very safe. With a 31 song contest i can see a lot of people putting this on the borderline of points.
08) Iveta Mukuchyan- "Armenian Girls" MY WIG! The dislikes are from Azerbaijanis :P I really liked this which is shocking since i did not really like her other songs. Might do well, might not but really really enjoyed this!
09) AVEC- Sounds very familiar! Quite good overall possible winner?
10) Fleur East- Did not even know they had new music out tbh. I enjoyed it at first, but it dragged and i got uninterested. Its good, but doubt it would get points from me.
11) MARINA- Dead at the capitlization of the next 4 songs! Her music has been a hit or miss from me, but this one i quite enjoy! Perhaps to some it could be boring, but for me its relaxing!
12) DIAMOND PLATNUMZ- " is a Tanzanian bongo flava recording artist and dancer" oh dear. Well we need a last place in the contest right? Bad autotuned vocals, weak generic production, cringy af lyrics, a complete disaster.
13) ILIRA- THE SONG TITLE LOL! It's a cute little bop, generic but the lyrics make up for it. Nice song!
14) ROSALÍA- I wanted to like it, i don't think i do much though :/ I like the clapping sounds in the song, and the dark vibe is nice. But i think a bop would suit her better. Decent.
15) Lizzo- A fun 80s throwback song! A very likable artist with a unique music video! I could see this winning, but depends!
16) Electric Fields- A fun bop! A extremely unique song and well written! The chorus could be stronger, but still a really good song!
17) Greyson Chance- Questionable lyrics, and very very boring. Not good
18) RIKA- Seems a bit weak in this very strong contest, not bad at all, i was not bored, just needed a bit more of a punch for it too reach getting points level.
19) Weathers- Generic Boy Band Alternative song. His vocals are awful and the song was painful to get through. Awful.
20) CLC- Missed TSC K-Pop <3 Heard much better K-Pop songs, but this was still a fun entry overall!
21) Au/Ra- Plz don't name your song "Emoji" Jesus Christ. Honestly its not bad, questionable choice of a lyric "emoji", but beyond that its ok? a bit boring.
22) Bring Me The Horizon- Interesting Music video :/ Ok nasty music video, disturbing actually. I only judge the song, so the song itself is a generic rock song and not my taste. Next!
23) Marie-Mai- Love the French! A interesting song overall, really enjoyed the chorus! I think the chorus is stronger than the verses, but i still enjoyed the whole song! Could get points!
24) Ben Hazlewood- Another possible winner for sure! A very powerful song, and one of the few male vocalist songs i really like so consider me giving u a good amount of points as a 12 haha! Great song!
25) Matoma- A fun little dance song! It stands out in the contest as theres not been really many songs with a EDM influence. Quite good!
26) Openside- Was expecting a male band, but then this iconic queen showed up! Was not expecting to like this but i actually did! The song grew on me as it went on, good entry!
27) Austin Mahone- Imagine sending Austin Mahone in the first week of the contest, but then yet again i sent Cherry Fung the first week last year. Generic Trash like expected.
28) LION BABE- A really catchy groovy song, with questionable vocals. Sadly the song did not go anywhere :( It was just one note the whole time and the vocals turned me off quite a lot (Especially the rap). Probably the biggest dissapointment in the contest because of how much potential this had.
29) The Blue Stones- I live in Ontario iconic! It sounds ghetto so it sounds like its from Ontario. Not bad, but meh
30) ROZES- A good entry overall! But this is such a strong contest, i can only give points to 10 songs :/
31) Raja Kumari- What a week closer to a extremely strong contest. Its not "bad" but it just flew past me. The rapping was not even good either
1906 days 5 hours ago
Arris
01. This was awful. Gooood. Next.
02. Kinda weird pace. The beat was a bit too long and honestly it was bothering me.
03. Really boring, if I'm being honest. The melody was monotone and with rap I NEED to know what they sing about. I don't speak this language, soez.
04. Already heard before, I think it was submitted to BETA lmao It's pretty nice. She has a beautiful voice.
05. Awful. What the actual fuck? It sounds like an album reject from early 00's. Ew
06. This one was really good. Interesting vocals and melody too.
07. Very good. What a pleasant listen and relatable lyrics!
08. Ehhh too much all over the place. Not bad but just a bit too out there for me.
09. I liked it. It wasn't great or anything but it was pretty cute, so sad though.
10. Pretty good but the chorus reminds me of Shakira's Dare too much. A bop tho.
11. I was never really a fan of hers but this one is pretty good.
12. Kind of a really trashy bop, but a bop regardless.
13. I liked it. Really fun and uplifting.
14. I hated this one. Ugly vocals. And she's trynna be trendy so bad. Bleh
15. I will never understand this groups obsession with her. However the track is fine, really uplifting.
16. I didn't really feel this one. Like I don't even know if I like it.
17. Super dull and boring. I was waiting for SOMETHING to finally happen but it was the very same monotonous tone all the time.
18. Really good. Catchy and fun.
19. Pretty good. It had interesting vibe.
20. Unlistenable. Trash.
21. I thought it was good. I loved the melody and her vocals.
22. Okay I surprisingly really liked this one. Fun and had a groove lmao.
23. Really nice. It was cute , especially pre-chorus.
24. Yea this was kinda good. He has nice voice.
25. Catchy bop.
26. Really unexpected. So cute. The beat is dope too.
27. He literally sounds like Justin Bieber now. The track is all right, but already got lost in the shuffle. He needs his own sound.
28. I didn't feel it at all. Couldn't wait for this to be finally over.
29. This was good. However, probably won't point it. Too many songs I like.
30. I liked it. I will forever love her for 'ROSES'. This one was cute.
31. Awful. Mess.
1906 days 5 hours ago
LiukBB
01. Destra Garcia: LMAO such a iconic way to open this contest. I usually a fan of trainwreck but I wasn't feeling this at all. The more this goes on the more I feel annoyed
02. Nicole Millar:  I liked the beginning then it became a lot noisy so like nope . Overall I feel it's a very overprocessed song, with lot of annoying sounds. I am quite confident this will do well though.
03 Blaya: Didn’t like the first 10-15 seconds then the song explodes, and especially the chorus snaps. Not the most original song but quite nice for what it is.
04. Dami I'm: Didn't know we could have sent live version. The song isn't bad, but it's just boring and a bit plain but again I feel this has a big disadvantage by not having the studio version.
05) Gabriella : This is a complex one. I quite appreciate the chorus but the rest of the song , the drop is quite good , but I feel like the verses are a bit plain and empty. Overall it's okay
06) LYRA: The first song of the night I can safely say I like. Good vocals, nice flow which helps not making zone out. Maybe i expected something more from the chorus, because I feel It didn't went all in, but it's really a small thing. Solid pick.
07) Matt Nathanson: I wanted to like this, but I feel like it’s a bit generic. Like it just completely passes me by. I have listened this song maybe 100 times.
08) Iveta Mukuchyan : I feel a bit underwhelmed this, I do like the rhytm and I appreciate for being modern but I expected idk something else. The trumpet (?) added in the chorus was completely uneccessary. This might be a strong contender for the w.
09 )Avec- Hello Dallas. This is really good.Everything just works here, from the drop to the beat, but the chorus is really good. Hope it slays
10) Fleaur East: Not feeling this one. The vocals put me off and the song is really bland and boring.
11) MARINA - 'Handmade Heaven' : I feel she has so much better than this one . Not bad but quite unremarkable overall.
12) DIAMOND PLATNUMZ : This is nice and so catchy. It kinda loses on me as the song goes on but I still appreciate this.
13) ILIRA : I really like her voice and I really aapreciate the progression of the song, the chorus slays.
14) ROSALÍA : I WISH BAGDAD was choosen instead of this as it’s my fav from her. Nice verses bad chorus. Dunno what to do about this,
15) Lizzo: Quite like the rhytm, not a groundbreaking entry but this had my ass moved. Solid
16) Electric Field: So this was almost picked to represemt australia ? I really don't like this: ye it's modern but this is all over the place. And what is it with that sound in the beginnign that keeps appearing. This song is so weird so disjointed and so out of place lol
17) Greyson Chance : The song was literally boring until like the drop in the chorus, that was quite an highlight. But then it went back to being boring lol.
18) RIKA: Nice production, solid voice, good progression, amazing chorus.One of the best of the night so far.
19) Weathers : An other interesting dark song . Not hooked in the beginning but overall it became quite solid as it went on . Not as strong as other entries, but still a pretty interesting listen.
20) CLC - 'No': This was soo fuuun, upbeat and modern. This is how I like Kpop.
21) Au/Ra  : I lost the count of how many times she has been entered now. I find her a bit overrated and this song is really nothing special. Ye contemporary but that’s really it.
22) Bring Me The Horizon  : Same as Weathers basically, just a bit less stronger . I feel like this doesn’t have a really momentum where it stands out, but it is still pretty nice.
23) Marie Mai: Not bad but I prefered her other 2 entries of last year. I do like the fact is a standout but there is something missing.
24) Ben Hazlewood  : The verses were so promising, the rhytm was there until that chorus who completely destroyed the song. This entry is really incomplete.
25) Matoma: After a couple of middle of the roads songs, this made me dance and feel good.. Really dig the drop and the vocals.
26) Openside: does she say the F word ? Anyway it’s a bit generic and in a contest like this personally it doesn’t stand out enough. Not too keen on her vocals
27) Austin Mahone : Uhm what’s this ? I like “ what about love “ by him but this was just  bad
28) LION BABE It’s quite repetitive, isn’t it ? There is worst in the contest though
29) The Blue Stones  : Yas, give me a bit of dark rockk. Could have it been better, especially in the chorus, but i quite enjoyed this.
30) ROZES: This was amazing. Like i am still blown away. This is just stunning. Really solid pick. Damn boy that chorus
31) Raja Kumari: Nah didn’t like this. A small plus for being alternative, but this was a lot to take in.
1906 days 4 hours ago
ricktworick1
1. Destra Garcia - And the first song of TSC 2019 is a tune from a former winner. And unfortunately, it's easily her worst thing to be entered so far.
2. Nicole Millar - Starts really slowly, and then it really picks up during pre-chorus, only to go for this really uninspired drop. Not terrible, but it probably won't make waves in this contest.
3. BLAYA - It's been all done before, and this is nowhere near the best executions of this kind of music.
4. Dami Im - Whoever entered this will most likely succeed in ruining Dami Im's good TSC record.
5. Gabriella - It's not bad by any means, but I never got the hype for this during DE. It plods along quite nicely, but that's about it.
6. LYRA - It half-succeeds at managing this dramatic sort of feel to the song. A little bit underwhelmed, but it was alright I guess. Slightly reminds me of Kovacs in terms of the style.
7. Matt Nathanson - This is a good representation of what's wrong in current music trends. Vile.
8. Iveta Mukuchyan - A much needed change of pace to this contest, especially after hitting the dire spot with the previous song. A bit messy at places, but ethno pop is my kind of trash.
9. AVEC - Decent pick, it sounds like something that'd have done really well back in 2014 TSC era. Not sure how people are gonna award this in 2019.
10. Fleur East - Came across this while I was looking for new music, and I was honestly quite disappointed with this. It's very safe, there's nothing really remarkable about it, and it just BOTHERS me.
11. MARINA - The thing about artists maturing their sound - it can go either way, and I'm afraid that Marina got the wrong end of the stick.
12. DIAMOND PLATNUMZ - This is not my thing AT ALL, and the way this is executed definitely will not convince me.
13. ILIRA - It's a pretty decent pop song, nothing I would really come back to, but works as a feel-good listen.
14. ROSALIA - So here's a song that just follows the current pop music trends, but in another language. Which means it's still just not good.
15. Lizzo - This isn't her best work, but Lizzo's discography has been consistently up there. Nice vintage feel to it combined with the right sassy attitude needed to lift the overall package up. Good pick.
16. Electric Fields - Fun fact: I re-downloaded Grindr recently and one of the guys that messaged me had the lyrics of this song on their profile. I ended up replying with "MILLENIAL MONROE" and we have been chatting a bit since then.
17. Greyson Chance - So this is that guy that got famous for covering that one Lady Gaga song...let's hope Gaga herself doesn't find out about this bullshit piece that he's released.
18. RIKA - Unremarkable pop song that follows current trends, take #2814.
19. Weathers - Slightly shrill vocals, but the song is pretty alright.
20. CLC - Bad song? No. Best song? No. Makes sense? No.
21. Au/Ra - She is like the next Halsey in terms of selling out - this song doesn't actually start off too badly, but this chorus is a fucking catastrophe.
22. Bring Me The Horizon - My flatmate is a massive BMTH fan, and the fact that both me and him don't like this bullshit attempt at appeasing to the mainstream listeners when our music tastes are at opposite ends should tell you that this is just not good.
23. Marie-Mai - Lol @ her having another song in TSC. This has a brilliant Robyn-esque chorus which really lifts up an otherwise meh song. Decent choice.
24. Ben Hazlewood - This feels like a dark horse to win. Really well-structured and has a rather anthemic feel to it.
25. Matoma - While it doesn't really stand out in any form, it's quite a refreshing tune in a way.
26. Openside - Got me movin' slightly. It's not the most remarkable song ever, but it works the way it is.
27. Austin Mahone - My expectations were very low before listening to this, and although it was better than I anticipated this to be, I am definitely not sold on this.
28. LION BABE - Discovered this while I was looking for new music, and I was quite underwhelmed to say the least. They are trying to go for this retro feel which is a nice chance, but there's not much songwriting to really drag this tune above the line.
29. The Blue Stones - It's really one of the better songs in the contest, despite the fact that this sort of a sound isn't usually my cup of tea. LET US PRAY IT'S YOU BIBBS!
30. ROZES - It's not like this hasn't been done before, but I feel like the execution of this song is much better in comparison to some of the pop songs that I have heard in this contest. Quite nice.
31. Raja Kumari - Heard this before already, and honestly...this is probably the worst thing Raja has come out with so far. Not much positives that I can say about "Shook."
1906 days 2 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
Fine, I'll pause Soldi for this.

01) Destra Garcia - Broken record: really have to be in the right mood for Soca. This got like one cheek moving, but didn't completely hit the spot. 
02) Nicole Millar - This had potential. Not a song that I would have guessed had a drop like that, but you could eventually feel something coming... then we got an uninspired drop. I don't hate it, but I feel slightly let down.
03) BLAYA - Almost immediately, I fux with this. It didn't really progress anywhere special, but I appreciate the vibe as a whole.
04) Dami Im - Love Dami, but this is unequivocally not for me.
05) Gabriella - Liked it in the context of Destination Eurovision, but not really something I'd seek out on my own (it's not Comme une grande). It's fine.
06) LYRA - *crosses off list* Good for I.AM.L, not having to have an entry uploaded by me to make it onto Youtube. Growth. <3 I don't like it as much as "Emerald" (it's Lionheart, TYVM) but it's quite good.
07) Matt Nathanson - I could have sworn that Flameonx didn't do Best Of, hmMmmMMm. He sounds fine and all, but this made very little impact on me.
08) Iveta Mukuchyan - *crosses off list* I adore her. I haven't heard anything from her that I didn't at least moderately enjoy, other than that shitty collab with Aram MP3. It goes off ~SEVERELY~.
09) AVEC - Hoping this is building up to something epic, because I'm a little underwhelmed thus far despite feeling that it has potential. Yeah, it didn't get there. Untapped potential. </3
10) Fleur East - I surprisingly have not heard this yet. I was mostly expecting to be disappointed by it, but I'm actually very much into it. It doesn't POP quite like Sax, but that isn't neccessarily a bad thing.
11) MARINA - Heard it when it dropped and felt pretty much nothing. Felt exactly the same way this time around, too.
12) DIAMOND PLATNUMZ - OMARION AS IN LIKE I GOT THIS ICE BOX WHERE MY HEART USED TO BE?!?!?!?!>! Afljaesfjajlkfja. On paper, this should do a hell of a lot more for me than it did in reality.
13) ILIRA - I fear it's something I wouldn't appreciate much past the first listen, but I was feelin' it.
14) ROSALÍA - *tries to not be swayed by clapping* It's 100% something that I have to be in a mood for, but it really DID THAT for me right now.
15) Lizzo - I mean *obviously crosses off list*. I wish other (better) Lizzo singles got the attention that this is getting. With that said, this is still great.
16) Electric Fields - I mean *obviously crosses off list*. If you're a fan of this, I apologize that it didn't get selected by Australia, because I also stan for this and good things never happen to me SPECIFICALLY.
17) Greyson Chance - He still makes music? That's cute. Rill cute. His voice is solid, I suppose. The song, on the other hand...
18) RIKA - *crosses off list* Doesn't feel very original, but also, I don't really care. ^_^ It's solid.
19) Weathers - Good change of pace song. Not my typical taste, but I mostly enjoyed it.
20) CLC - CACKLED? YES. I wish the chorus was a little stronger, but as a whole, I really fucking like it. 
21) Au/Ra - Lost me at the chorus, dawg. Wanted to like it.
22) Bring Me The Horizon - *aggressive wh!ne$$ intensifies* I kid. But also, not into this.
23) Marie-Mai - Very pretty. Rick was spot on with the Robyn chorus comment.
24) Ben Hazlewood - This REALLY hit the spot in a contest with some pretty weak male entries.
25) Matoma - VERY NICE listen. It's been done before, but this was executed quite well.
26) Openside - This is the point in the contest where I like a song, but I know it's unlikely to get points based on what has come before it. It also doesn't help that we're on SONG NUMBER TWENTY SIX. It's nice for what it is, though.
27) Austin Mahone - To answer your question, Austin... this is why.

28) LION BABE - That's my GIRL. I wish she consistently put out music that was more TSC friendly, because she does deserve to be a staple of the contest. Don't really see this as TSC friendly, but ~I~ like it despite it being nowhere near her best.
29) The Blue Stones - Has my toes tapping. In a shorter contest where everyone wasn't bringing out their big guns, this would be in contention for some points.
30) ROZES - Chorus is nice, but not really my cup of tea overall.
31) Raja Kumari - Shut up. You already know I like it.
1906 days 2 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
ALSO,

Thanks for hosting, Alex (31 songs? YIKES, NO) and for the recap, Felix.
1906 days 1 hour ago
Insanity
1. Destra Garcia - We let her win once, and I don’t really see her being someone that can be a two time winner. All her music at this point sounds similar, and I’m not feeling it as much anymore.
2. Nicole Millar - I was feeling this at first, but this song just loses so much steam as it goes on and it doesn’t really pick up, I’m afraid. I wish there was more substance to it.
3. BLAYA - It’s not bad. I wish it popped off more in the chorus. It never got to a point where I was truly invested in the song.
4. Dami Im - Ugh, this just feels cheesy. Too musical sounding for my tastes.
5. Gabriella - It’s a decent pop song. Probably wouldn’t go back to it after this contest, but it’s got a cute lil charm to it.
6. Lyra - Yeah I’m not 100% sold on this. Like it’s just kinda going in an anthemic direction that I’m typically not a fan of.
7. Matt Nathanson - The straights need to be STOPPED.
8. Iveta Mukuchyan - That breakdown was… a choice. I’m not completely hating it though, it’s just very in your face. The verses are pretty nice too. Not bad.
9. AVEC - The buildup is pretty nice. It doesn’t impact me as much as I’d like it to. I like the direction it’s going in, but I wish it was a little punchier.
10. Fleur East - I didn’t hate it, but I felt like it was over before it began. It just really lacks so much energy that I know she can bring. It’s not boring, but it’s not making me wanna dance either.
11. MARINA - I love Marina, and  when this came out I decided to give it a listen to see what all the hype was about. I was pretty unimpressed when I first listened to it. I’m warming up to it a little bit, but I’m still not impressed.
12. DIAMOND PLATNUMZ - I wasn’t a huge fan of this. Just felt very one note, and it wasn’t a great note.
13. ILIRA - It’s a bit juvenile, but it was pretty upbeat and fun! I was expecting it to be more cringy than it actually was.
14. ROSALÍA - Ok I was actually feeling this a bit. I’m a sucker for a slow sexy song if executed properly, and I can safely say I was a fan.
15. Lizzo - Yeah I think like at least five people tried to submit this so grats on your win mayhaps??? I’m still feeling this every since it came out.
16. Electric Fields - It’s got a unique vibe to it. I’m intrigued, but I don’t think I’m 100% sold. But maybe like… 80%?
17. Greyson Chance - Well this left little impact on me. I wanted to like it when I found out he was one of the gays (trademark), but yeah this wasn’t good.
18. RIKA - A decent pop song. It all flows together really nicely. Wish it was a little punchier, but otherwise a solid entry.
19. Weathers - Bibbles would give this high points if he didn’t swear! Honestly I like this entry a lot more than most of the entries so far, which kinda surprises me.
20. CLC - Ugh they are so slept on in the kpop world. This song just goes so hard. A little too hard? No. Is this entry mine? No.
21. Au/Ra - I wanted to like this more than I ended up liking it. It was average at best.
22. Bring Me The Horizon - Isn’t this one of those EDGY ON PURPOSE bands? This is a little tamer than I was expecting, but I think that’s probably for the best. Not bad, honestly.
23. Marie-Mai - Ehhhhhh I wanted to like it but this left like no impact on me.
24. Ben Hazlewood - I didn’t mind this. It was cute for what it was I suppose.
25. Matoma - Ok it was pretty nice. Digging this one. This whole “31 songs” thing is starting to hit me though so I apologize if my comments for these last few songs are brief.
26. Openside - Feels like the next new Paramore song. I enjoyed this one. Pretty standard, but pretty effective.
27. Austin Mahone - I would like to personally know who is responsible for this? Solid nope
28. LION BABE - Whew the talent jumped out. Really digging the retro feel from this. Slay a bit.
29. The Blue Stones - First “hi bibbs!” of the year! Am I right? We’ll see! Am I giving this points? Odds are… not likely.
30. ROZES - It just feels very unoriginal in 2019. Like I’ve heard it at this point. Wish it was a little more inspired.
31. Raja Kumari - I wanted this to pop off more. It kinda fizzled out towards the end. It was okay.
1905 days 21 hours ago
onemanarmy
01) Destra Garcia - I won with Lucy but Lucy wasn't done shaking her behind so she is back to Show Off some more. She won't win with this but it's a great way to start off TSC 2019.

02) Nicole Millar - Elements of this is OK but it's not worthy of going on my player and anything not player worthy just isn't guaranteed any points this week.

03) BLAYA - Not sure if it'll go on my player but I like the production on it , not completely sold on the singing from start to finish but I'm not mad at it.

04) Dami Im - I just don't care for these type of songs. Good voice but I don't think anyone could sing this and make me give a damn about it unless they changed it into a rock song or something not this.
1905 days 16 hours ago
TheGoodMan
01) Destra Garcia – this one sounded a bit like it was a theme song for some shit TV show, yikes tbh
02) Nicole Millar – I had this on my list once upon a time, I’m not sure it’s aged as well as I thought it would, but it certainly builds nicely, that thingy that sounds like a cat annoys me in this though
03) BLAYA – this would have benefitted with some kinda tempo or key change, it stayed in its lane where it needed to bop off more
04) Dami Im – LOL this was an actual flop from the Aus Decides show, not good
05) Gabriella – it’s beyond me how this didn’t get out of it’s semi in DE, it’s a cute pop song, well put together, and the violin adds a lot to it
06) LYRA – the first few bars of the song remind me of that song that’s like 100% reason to remember the name and goes thru all the percents ya know? Anyway it’s nice, it follows that usual cinematic formula, nothing groundbreaking
07) Matt Nathanson – Oh dear, straight nonsense? In MY Tengaged Song Contest, it’s more likely than you’d think
08) Iveta Mukuchyan – well that drop is certainly something, I’m not sure I’m a fan tbh, I think she’s best when it’s sultry and sexy, this is just a bit busy
09) AVEC – It’s fine, it doesn’t really build up to what I think it should have done
10) Fleur East – I really liked this when I first heard it, it’s a well made pop song and exactly the kind of music she should be making
11) MARINA – I’ve always not been a huge fan of hers, this hasn’t really changed that if I’m honest, it’s a pleasant listen but, meh.
12) DIAMOND PLATNUMZ – eh, I didn’t care for this one, it’s not hitting me anywhere really
13) ILIRA – a solid pop song made better by the cheeky lyrics, a good entry that I can tell will be divisive amongst a lot of people LOL
14) ROSALÍA – this is really cool, the flamenco mixed with R&B and the video, it’s all really future sounding, I live
15) Lizzo – a BOP. Lizzo is a genuine QWEEN and deserves all the recognition she has been getting recently
16) Electric Fields – I’m a Kate Winner-Heidke stan but this was a really strong second, I love the energy and life in this song
17) Greyson Chance – omg I remember when he was that lil kid on Ellen, this is a lot more adult, I’m glad his voice is deeper now lol. I didn’t like stan it, but I think it’s pretty good
18) RIKA – this basic ass pop song, meh
19) Weathers – Boring, bland, nothing here for me
20) CLC – Look, I haven’t liked a lot of the other songs here, so this was a welcome change, I think it’s fun if not a bit messy
21) Au/Ra – So I like Au/Ra and I was the one to enter Panic Room, but this chorus makes me cringe, it’s an otherwise good song
22) Bring Me The Horizon – I liked their last album, it was quite accessible to non-screamers like me, but this just seems kinda neutered at this stage
23) Marie-Mai – Yeah this was a nice entry, the underlying beat kinda brought it an edge that some of the earlier songs that are similar didn’t have
24) Ben Hazlewood – No thanks to this, the vocal irked me
25) Matoma – for one of these kinda songs, I think it’s pretty nice actually, I like the vocal, the whole package works well
26) Openside – think chvrches lite, it’s fine, I like the synthy elements
27) Austin Mahone – big YIKES here
28) LION BABE – some good funk here, I think this will suffer because Lizzo is in the same contest, but I enjoyed this
29) The Blue Stones – I’m pretty much over these kinda MOR rock songs with that kinda vocal, Royal Blood do it better, Arctic Monkeys do it better
30) ROZES – I liked the verses and chorus but that WAH WAH sound throughout the song was REALLY annoying
31) Raja Kumari – oh girls did we order a BOP to the table? Because it’s HERE!
1904 days 21 hours ago
UnicornChicken
01) Destra Garcia - We stan a positive message! A silly, fun dance bop that I probably won't listen to again but it was a nice entry nonetheless.
02) Nicole Millar - This just didn't capture me at all. Super repetitive and just not my style.
03) BLAYA - This was just totally lost on me. I was hoping to hear something cool and different but it's the same old stuff in a different language.
04) Dami Im - I've been a huge fan of Dami from the second she auditioned for XFactor Australia back in 2013. It's a solid song and she sounds incredible as usual.
05) Gabriella - My hopes were instantly shattered by a super bland and un-creative chorus. Had potential. Kinda pretty. Took an interesting turn towards the end.
06) LYRA - This was fine. I liked her voice. Miles ahead of any entry so far but still fairly generic and uninspired.
07) Matt Nathanson - Not bad, not bad. Very cute vibes, but coulda done with being shorter.
08) Iveta Mukuchyan - Aaayyy a really exciting entry! The last minute of this song SLAPS and the rest is just as good!
09) AVEC - Not overly complicated which I think was nice in this case. It did manage to draw me in and keep my attention.
10) Fleur East -If I have to hear another basic ass song with the same verse, pre-chorus, chorus, verse, pre-chorus, chorus structure again I'm gonna SCREAM!! That being said this was much better than others.
11) MARINA - Werk! What an evolution. I really love a lot of the lyrics and the low-key haunting melody was mint.
12) DIAMOND PLATNUMZ - This diamond is definitely not polished or shining in any way. Muddy vocals and rubbish production.
13) ILIRA - This was a lot of fun! Love that she's doesn't seem to be taking herself or the song too seriously because it's a good time!
14) ROSALÍA - Okayyy a vibe song! I didn't really get into it but I actually appreciate this entry a lot. If I was in the right mood this might be one of my favs so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.
15) Lizzo - I 100% expected to see this here. Her music just keeps getting better and better and Juice is an 11/10.
16) Electric Fields - I am OBSESSED! Transcendant and so interesting lyrically, vocally, culturally and production wise.
17) Greyson Chance - Awwhh he's all grown up now. The twenty one bit reminds me of the Twenny Wun meme. I didn't mind it as a whole.
18) RIKA - This was a little bit awful. Only a little bit though. Nah-ahh-ahhhh.
19) Weathers - Very forgettable and one note. Wish it had some more oomph. Like stronger vocals or harder hitting production would have helped.
20) CLC - Started out promising but they never too it there, ya know? It was decent across the board.
21) Au/Ra - I wanted to like it and it really wasn't too bad. It just couldn't keep my interest for long enough
22) Bring Me The Horizon - My edgy friends really love Bring Me The Horizon and something tells me this isn't nearly one of their best songs. Live for the music video but a fairly pedesrtian song to go along with it.
23) Marie-Mai - I love that we're seeing such a wide range of languages this TSC. I would say ranks in the top half of non-English entries I've heard so far.
24) Ben Hazlewood - Ay I think I remember this guy. Must have done okay on some Australian singing show. That's just a recipe for a terribly generic music career and this song is proof. Bottom of the barrel stuff.
25) Matoma - Hmmm okay I actually liked the production quite and lot and Josie was popping off with vocals. A surprisingly decent entry! Yay.
26) Openside - What a cute little band! I appreciate the very slightly indie feeling of the song. Dare I say it - this felt like a quirky discount version of Paramore.
27) Austin Mahone - Oh no. A mess. I didn't hate the melody but I hated everything else.
28) LION BABE - This got me moving through the wave. I see you. This would probably pass me by any other day, but in one of the worst TSCs I've ever had the misfortune of judging, this stands out by miles!
29) The Blue Stones - Not a huge rock fan but among these others songs this is fairly middle of the pack. I could see this picking up a few points on the bottom end of things.
30) ROZES - A beautiful and gentle song- oop the chorus kinda turns this into a very bleh, samey kind of thing. I really loved the beginning, overall it's not bad.
31) Raja Kumari - POP OFF!! I've been dying of the plague all week but this had me up and twerking. Love the attitude and the Indian influence. Everytime she hits us with a 'RRrrrrraah' I screeched! Could have done without the boop booop boop boops though. Raja got me shook.
1904 days 11 hours ago
Aquamarine
01) Destra - Not this nonsense I've suffered through enough of this because of Felix. This is actually better than the other one he's obsessed with.

02) Nicole Millar - Well that's a real downer after Destra. Join the club of every other forgettable song like this.

03) BLAYA - You should know my opinion of anything foreign by now, it has to smash 10x harder to do well with me. This did not.

04) Dami Im - Since when were live performances allowed? I mustve missed some kind of memo. This is bleh.

05) Gabriella - Literally a 0% chance a French song does well with me, ever. The English doesn't save this for me.

06) LYRA - Eek this is going to do well I feel like because it's such a generic sounding song like those other best of songs that won.

07) Matt Nathanson - Trigger warning! This is white nonsense.

08) Iveta Mukuchyan - Ok apparently I also missed the memo that this was foreign language week and I get that a lot of people in here may be foreign but its hard to relate to lyrics if I don't know them. This does kind of go hard though.

09) AVEC - This will likely be one of the more forgettable songs for me even if it was vaguely enjoyable.

10) Fleur East - There it is, I would have submitted this if I thought I would be on in the first 30 seconds of mailers being sent out. I love this song lol.

11) MARINA - I really don't like a lot of what Marina does and this fits that bucket. There are a few of her songs I really enjoy but this style is not for me.

12) DIAMOND PLATINUMZ - That's a solid no from me dawg. But lol @ Omarion.

13) ILIRA - Why is every single artist lately stylized as all caps? I fucking LOST IT at this song. GET OFF MY MY MY MY...DICK!

14) ROSALIA - Jesus fucking christ this is 4 all caps artists in a row and 7 so far for the contest. That's about the most interesting thing about this song. Bleh.

15) Lizzo - I don't think I've bought into the hype of this artist. This song is a lot of fun compared to the other songs but I doubt I'll be adding it to any playlists.

16) Electric Fields - Yeah yeah whatever ok this lost entry to Eurovision for Australia and people are upset here about it. It's just ok for me.

17) Greyson Chance - Solid no.

18) RIKA - Eight all caps artists. This is entirely forgettable.

19) Weathers - lol I didnt mind this I actually kind of enjoyed it.

20) CLC - Refer to song title.

21) Au/Ra - This is another song I vaguely enjoyed that idk how well I'll remember at the end.

22) Bring Me the Horizon - If I didn't know better I'd guess this was one of the token bibbles/Alicia entries.

23) Marie-Mai - NO. ENOUGH. I'VE HAD IT.

24) Ben Hazlewood - Ruh roh this is doing things for me and I don't want it to. I'm a traitor to pop females.

25) Matoma - There are quite a few fun songs in this contest but I guess with 31 entries thats expected.

26) Openside - And we're back to hitting a complete low for this contest this is too out there for me to even care about.

27) Austin Mahone - lol @ this...it came up on shuffle yesterday in my friend's car through the new music friday playlist for last week and I just thought it sounded so much like a reject Charlie Puth song.

28) LION BABE - I am not a fan of her and this song does absolutely and completely nothing for me.

29) The Blue Stones - Oh. There's the bibbles entry.

30) ROZES - Eleven. All. Caps. Artists. I've never really cared for this artist, even their song with The Chainsmokers was overhyped.

31) Raja Kumari - This is certainly a wild way to end the contest because this goes off.

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!