Hell's Kitchen S19 Power Rankings (Top 11)
Feb 18, 2021
- I called it that Josh would be eliminated (and on his birthday, oof that must be rough), but here we are with another episode. Another chance to predict who will be going home. I’ve gotta say, last week clarified who the real contenders are in this whole race.
11. Jordan Savell- Jordan had been growing on me these past few weeks. I think this is the week where I lost a lot of the confidence in her. Yes, I think she’s grown, and yes she had a good positive uplifting moment about her sobriety. But her cooking has really suffered at times, and though she eventually bounced back in service, she did start off serving some underwhelming scallops. She’s better than she was in episode 1, but I just don’t think she’s improving as fast as everyone else.
10. Lauren Lawless- Lauren may not be my elimination prediction this week, but I do think she’s still one of the weaker red team members. She was having trouble knowing how to cook pasta. It just seems like it’s too late in the game for rookie mistakes.
9. Marc Quinones- So Marc seems to have put some of the drama behind him. Good. But is his cooking now starting to suffer because of it? I’m not sure. I worry for him since I think he’s the most vulnerable blue team member.
8. Syann Williams- Syann was a mess this week, serving a wonton in a pasta challenge and then undercooking lamb in service. The good news for Syann is that she seems to be getting a good edit. She’s always featured in the narrative and always has something to say. She’s the narrator of the season and I expect her to go forward another few weeks at least, despite making a wonton in a damn pasta challenge.
7. Amber Lancaster- Amber was a disaster on fish, but I do think this will make her a better competitor. Good chefs learn from their mistakes. I think Amber is a good chef. I think her attitude is still not always there, but her skills as a chef should get her out of this rut.
6. Mary Lou Davis- Mary Lou is the reason some bad lamb was served, but I do think she and Syann bounced back after that. She always knows how to bounce back, and that’s what keeps her this high on the list.
5. Kori Sutton- I think Kori is hard to place because Kori hasn’t really been delivering too much on the food. This is yet another challenge where her food hasn’t been good, and it’s starting to show in her confidence. The reason I have Kori so high is because of that moment with Jordan. She essentially talked her off the ledge, and gave her an uplifting pep talk about her sobriety. I think that’s what a leader is made of, and Kori proved that she really is the glue of this red team. So while she really hasn’t been performing well in challenges, her leadership skills are going to be what gets her through this competition. I’m not sure I’m convinced enough by her cooking to say she’s the winner, but she is a contender for sure.
4. Nikki Hanna- A quiet episode for Nikki. While I did say Kori was the glue of the team, Nikki has been performing slightly better as a chef. I think, between Kori’s leadership and Nikki’s skill, we’re going to see the red team continue to slightly edge out the blue team, even if I do have some members of the blue team topping this list in a more individual sense.
3. Cody Candelario- Cody didn’t do too well in the challenge, but I do think he’s been an incredibly strong voice on the blue team. He seems to have his act together, and while he can still let cockiness slip through, he doesn’t lead me to believe he’s an incompetent leader.
2. Declan Horgan- Declan, like Cody, didn’t cook too well in the Italian challenge, but he has still been a beast in services. I don’t see how he doesn’t make it at LEAST to black jackets, especially since he seems to have calmed his beef with Marc.
1. Adam Pawlak- Adam is still the only contestant this season to still not have a major hiccup. Everyone (even Declan, Cody, Nikki, Kori, Mary Lou, etc) have messed up at some point. Adam has yet to really mess up. So he tops this list again, despite not really having too big of a presence on the season (hey, at least he’s staying out of drama).
Once again, I think the red team as a whole is stronger, but the blue team may have the strongest three individuals as a whole in Adam, Declan, and Cody. Only time will tell, but I do think those three (plus Nikki, Kori, and Mary Lou for the red team) are our likely black jackets. Maybe we’ll see Amber sneak in there if Cody does have another off night like he did in the beginning of the season. But I truly think the next boots will be Jordan, Lauren, Marc, and Syann in some order. Syann is good in confessionals, Marc is there for drama. That leaves Jordan and Lauren, and I’m just gonna go by this past episode and say Jordan goes.
Going Home- Jordan Savell
Leave a comment