Hell's Kitchen S19 Power Rankings (Top 13)
- I’ll admit, last episode took me by surprise for a few reasons. 1, Drew was medically removed from the game. Poor guy, I hope he and his belt-less pants are okay. 2nd, Amber was put on the blue team after seriously dissing Nikki’s cooking. We also saw Syann (my top ranked last week) in the bottom 4, along with Britanni, Marc, and Peter. Speaking of Marc, I really wasn’t expecting him and Declan to start being targeted this early, but alas, they really clashed heads and dragged their team down. At the end of the day, my pre-season 1st boot pick was eliminated in Brittanni. Not shocked.
13. Marc Quinones- Marc has always had passion, but now that passion is turning into chaotic energy. He is the reason the blue team is as weak as they are, and until he and Declan are split up, I truly don’t think it’ll get any better. I think it’s clear that Declan is the overall better chance at staying, so I’m predicting we lose Marc. Not how I would’ve expected things to go after the premiere, but given how toxic their relationship has been, it seems like the only solution.
12. Peter Martinez- Poor Peter was who I thought was going home by the time elimination came. I simply think he’s the weakest link on the blue team, despite maybe being a better team player than people like Marc or Declan. Peter can see that team cohesion is the thing ruining the team, so I think he’ll squeak by until either Marc or Declan are gone.
11. Josh Oakley- Josh was fine during dinner service, but can we talk about how bad he was in that first hour? First off, he put up bad steaks one after another during brunch. Then he screwed up the cupcakes on the punishment. You have to be in really rough shape to mess up at the punishment…
10. Jordan Savell- Jordan finally got through an episode with little blood on her hands. She did start off the brunch service a bit shaky, but ultimately recovered and had a successful episode from then on. It honestly surprised me to see Jordan survive the night, but I hope this means she’ll continue improving now.
9. Syann Williams- Syann set the red team off to a bad start. It’s a shame because she’s one of the most likable people, but she really didn’t shine tonight. I think she’ll stick around for a little while, but I don’t really know if someone who burns many flatbreads to start off a service is a probable winner. Still rooting for her, but it was a rough night for Syann.
8. Amber Lancaster- Yikes Amber. Badmouthing a fellow contestant is a bad look. Her experience has nothing to do with her abilities. Everyone is there for the same prize, and Nikki made it thus far, so stop complaining. For her bad attitude, I put her lower. She’s a fine chef, and will likely bring something good for the blue team, but I can’t respect the way she treated Nikki.
7. Declan Horgan- Still the best natural chef there, but wow, I disrespect the fighting with Marc. I think Declan’s cockiness is shining through, and it’s making his prospects of being a true contender much more dim. I still think he’ll go farther than Marc, but a change needs to come or he won’t be a winner contender any longer.
6. Kori Sutton- Kori had a pretty off night. She’s still being shown in a positive light, which is why I still have her toward the top of these rankings. But she did put up bad food for the first time all season. I’m not worried about her though. Everyone has their off days, and I think Kori will recover.
5. Cody Candelario- Cody was treacherous the past two weeks, but THIS episode, he really shined. Once Declan and Marc started brawling, Cody’s voice seemed to shine through as the leader. Everything he was saying, I was completely agreeing with. While I didn’t like him early on, I think he’s definitely more of a team player and is going to hopefully help this blue team get back on track. Let’s face it, the girls are crushing it right now, and I think we need someone to step up for the blue team, and we saw that neither Declan, Marc, or Amber could do that as we expected.
4. Lauren Lawless- Like Cody, Lauren bounced back this week too. Is she the strongest chef there? No. But she’s one of the better team players, and didn’t really give me any reason to believe she’d be in danger, especially since Ramsay spared her nomination a few weeks back.
3. Adam Pawlak- While I did just say that Cody is emerging as the voice of reason in the team, I still think Adam has done the least wrong on the blue team. He hasn’t screwed up once, and for that, I have him this high.
2. Mary Lou Davis- Mary Lou got a rare “beautiful” for her steaks. It’s rare that Gordon just throws out compliments like that. She’s growing more and more each episode.
1. Nikki Hanna- Amber was bad-mouthing Nikki at the top of the episode, and it really rubbed me the wrong way. I think this is going to come back to bite Amber, but I think it’ll certainly work in Nikki’s favor. Nikki had one bad episode, but has been nothing but consistent since. I’d love to see her continue proving her haters wrong, and I think she will do that…for that reason, I’ll put her at number one. Justice 4 Nikki!
I still think Jordan, Josh, and Peter could go home very soon, but Marc and Declan’s feuding HAS to come to an end eventually. If one of them isn’t put on the red team, then it should be a no brainer that one of them be sent home tonight. And if one of them isn’t, I can’t see anyone from the blue team winning this season.
Going Home- Marc Quinones
Leave a comment