Hell's Kitchen S19 Power Rankings (Top 16)
Jan 28, 2021
- I’m behind on a few episodes, so it’s time to rank from a few episodes ago. I was honestly surprised that Kenneth couldn’t bounce back. He really seemed like he could bounce back and grow after that disastrous signature dish challenge. We also saw Nikki fall apart in dinner service (I did say she might struggle early on) and Eliott basically handed in his resignation by saying he was not the stronger chef than Drew. It was quite a puzzling way to go. But alas, I think we have the 16 strongest chefs remaining. This next episode looks like Fabiola has some sort of medical emergency, so that will also factor into my predictions.
16. Jordan Savell- Jordan had a rough first episode and an even rougher second one. While Nikki was far and above the weakest Red Team member in service, Jordan was equally bad in the shrimp challenge. I think Nikki still shows potential to be a long-term contender (something about her edit in these episodes makes me think that she’s going to bounce back), but Jordan just doesn’t strike me as someone the producers want you to root for. She’s my prediction for the first casualty of the red team because of her back-to-back poor showings.
15. Fabiola Fuentes- Fabiola didn’t do anything this episode to convince me that she’d be going home anytime soon. But the preview showed that she is going to be having some sort of medical emergency next week. For that, I’m going to put her close to the bottom. With it being so early in the season, I really can’t base much of my predictions on anything, so medical emergencies are always safe bets.
14. Nikki Hanna- Poor Nikki really struggled this week. I do think, however, that Nikki shows potential. She got great moments in the first episode indicating that she’s a chef to watch. I think she’ll bounce back. That being said….I said the same thing about Kenneth. So who am I to judge?
13. Peter Martinez- Peter was an invisible one in episode one, but had more screen time this episode. Unfortunately for Peter, his overcooking of duck was a huge speed bump that ultimately led to the blue team losing. Peter seems to have his head in the game, but his cooking skills were entirely missing from his showing this episode. If anyone goes home on the blue team, Peter’s my bet.
12. Drew Tingley- Drew had an absolutely abysmal episode. His first dinner service was a mess, with him serving up raw lamb and getting himself, Eliott, and Peter to be kicked out of the kitchen. I don’t see him lasting too much longer, BUT, the fact that the clip of him getting a belt from Ramsay has yet to be shown, I don’t think he’s going to be eliminated for at least a few more episodes.
11. Brittani Ratcliff- Brittani has been nearly invisible this season thus far. She was an early boot prediction, and I guess she still is? But I really don’t think she’s gotten enough screen time to warrant an elimination this next episode.
10. Cody Candelario- Cody was annoying as hell in the first episode, but showed his cooking chops in the shrimp challenge. He did have a rough time cooking fries during service, which started a chain-reaction ending in the blue team being sent out. I do think, despite this french fry slip up, Cody proved that he really can cook in this episode. Is he destined to go all the way? I highly doubt it. But some of the blue team members are just that much worse.
9. Mary Lou Davis- Mary Lou is far and above getting the most screen time of anyone this season. What’s interesting is that she’s gotten equal amounts of positive and negative content. She bounced back big time after failing with her steak. She’s a wild card who may go home next or may be here in the black jackets phase. I truly have no idea how Mary Lou will fare, but seeing her redeem herself made me happy and made me believe that she could do this.
8. Josh Oakley- Josh was nearly invisible in episode one, but had a great showing in episode two. He cooked a great shrimp dish, and while he’s still more undersign than a lot of other cast members, he stood out as one of the better chefs today.
7. Lauren Lawless- Flawless Lawless was one of the top shrimp dishes this episode as well, but really didn’t have a ton of screen time after that challenge. She’s one of the stronger chefs this season, and I have no doubt she’ll be okay for a few more weeks at least.
6. Marc Quinones- Marc is still a really strong chef, but his energy may be rubbing off negatively on the other chefs. He seems to be so intense that he is turning some of his teammates off, and I hope he can take that passion and turn it into something more positive than negative. I still love Marc, and think he’s one of the best chefs there, but I am worried that we may see some fights in the near future between him and people like Declan, Adam, etc.
5. Adam Pawlak- Adam is probably one of the two people I’m most confident in on the blue team. He seems to be pretty level headed, and he and Declan have already formed a close bond. Him going home soon would be an absolute shock.
4. Syann Williams- Syann had a rough first episode, but she certainly redeemed herself with this showing. Her shrimp dish was delicious, a riff on southern shrimp & grits. We really got to see a great humanity and personality resonate through both Syann’s cooking and Syann herself. She’s someone I think the audience will really love, and I think she’ll go further than I predicted last week.
3. Kori Sutton- Kori is interesting because she really hasn’t done anything to stand out or garner a ton of screen time, but she still gets a ton of confessionals and moments to speak. The producers want us to know Kori’s journey and story. And for that, I have her as high as this.
2. Amber Lancaster- Amber was a strong winner contender pre-season, a strong winner contender after signature dishes, and still a strong winner contender now. She is the “leader” on the red team, and gave a pretty great shrimp dish. It didn’t top Syann’s, but I do think Amber has proven to be one of the most level-headed chefs in this competition. Her going far would be the least bit surprising.
1. Declan Horgan- Still my number one. He has done no wrong, and while he wasn’t picked as one of the top 6 shrimp dishes, he still seemed to have no issue in either the challenge or service.
Right now, Declan, Amber, Kori, Syann, and Adam are getting the most positive edits. But I do see potential from some other chefs. As for who goes home, I could go with the obvious answer of Nikki, but I do think there are chefs in more danger than her. Fabiola is shown to possibly be involved in a medical emergency. And Jordan has now messed up in quite a few areas. I’m going with that.
Going Home- Jordan Savell
Leave a comment