Dancing With The Stars S28 Power Rankings (Round 8)
Nov 18, 2019
- Sorry I’m behind. Catching up now after a busy week at work. Sad to see Kate go. She was a gem, and I’d love to see her back on an All-Stars season if they ever do one, because she was actually improving and Pasha showcased some amazing choreography. Alas, Sean is still there, and Ally was in the bottom 2 again, so it’s safe to assume that Sean will be around in finale night and we can only hope he doesn’t Bobby Bones his way to the win.
7. Sean Spicer and Lindsay Arnold (Jenna Johnson)- Sending love to Lindsay. Thanks to Jenna for putting up with this mess. It was silly in the worst way possible, and that doesn’t discredit anything Jenna did. He’s gotta go, but with his luck, we’ll see James go before him. I’d love to think I’m kidding...
6. Lauren Alaina and Gleb Savchenko- Lauren’s jive was definitely a lot of fun, but I think the dance got away from her a bit. She always commits to the character and energy of each dance, which I have to applaud. I just wish the footwork was a tad more on par. Otherwise, I had a fun time watching her. And hey, she’s no Sean.
5. Kate Flannery and Pasha Pashkov- Kate’s jive was just so much fun. It sucks that this is the end of the road for her, as she didn’t deserve to be going home this early. But despite some minor flaws, I think she went out on a high note, and Pasha just showed how deserving he is of returning as a pro. He’s great. She’s great. Ugh I’m sad.
4. Kel Mitchell and Witney Carson- The first ten of the season went to this dance, and I definitely agree, seeing how much groove and smoothness Kel brought to this routine. If he keeps this up, I think America will have no choice but to put him in that finale. He has just improved so so much. Sure, there were three whole dances better than his, but all four of these top four showed that they’re here to stay.
3. Hannah Brown and Alan Bersten- Hannah finally got the scores she wanted I think, and I was a huge fan of her routine. She’s just such a bright light, and her smile can light up the room. This routine was so well catered to her. I’ll be interested to see how she brings this positivity to a dance with darker subject matter. She’s nailed the happy stuff. Now let’s see what other tricks she has up her sleeve. (Also, yikes, the singers sounded rough on this one).
2. James Van Der Beek and Emma Slater- James has a way of moving and connecting to a song that is just so incredible and mesmerizing. The only reason he isn’t number one is because I knew he’d nail this, and this one was more than just the dance moves, while Ally’s was probably more technically impressive. Definitely a perfect score worthy dance though, for sure.
1. Ally Brooke and Sasha Farber- I’ve never been her biggest fan, but this perfect 30 was well deserved, and it’s a shame she keeps ending up in the bottom. She does really well when she can be heavy and powerful, opposed to her lighter, jovial dances. This one had all the strength and power she needed, and it was quite a sight to see. Easily her best dance of the season…and you know, the season’s best as is.
So we haven’t seen Lauren, Hannah, James, or S**n in the bottom 2 yet, so I’m starting to think that this will be the cemented final four. It sucks, because Kel and Ally both deserve to be in the finale. The way it looks, Ally has been consistently in the bottom, but she’s also been more of a judge’s favorite, so I could see them saving her again should she end up there. If Kel is in the bottom, I worry he’ll go home, but due to recent events, I think Ally’s third time on the bottom will unfortunately be the end. If she ain’t getting votes now, she won’t get the votes in the end.
Going Home- Ally Brooke and Sasha Farber
Leave a comment