This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Episode 3 || Vigilant

Topic » Episode 3 || Vigilant

278 days 9 hours ago
Coolbrandonman
| Petrified Cafe |

Taryn sits at the counter before opening hours in the morning. She looks down, thinking about her current situation. The door to her cafe clicks open, and Taryn jumps up in surprise. She looks to the door, seeing Clara Pointe and Sixth Sense welcome themselves into her cafe.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/090600fda528c25140b94109fdf97d75/tumblr_inline_ppe6ccPelD1rjxgbh_400.gif

She starts approaching the two Vanguards.

Taryn: E-Excuse me. We aren’t open yet. Please come in later-

Clara looks to Taryn and holds up a piece of paper to her. Taryn stops dead in her tracks and stares at the paper in confusion.

Clara: We have a warrant on behalf of the Vanguards. We were cleared to check your place out. Remember?

Taryn slowly grabs the piece of paper, looking down at it for a moment before locking eyes with Clara intensely and stepping back to let them look around.

Clara nods and turns to look at Sixth Sense, who is just staring at the corner booth of the cafe. The corner is dimly lit, and empty. Nothing out of the ordinary… But Sixth Sense is fixated on it for whatever reason. Clara stares at him, a little concerned.

Clara: Six?… You there?

Sixth Sense turns his head to look at Clara, already looking stressed out

https://media.tenor.com/8NB0HGgEbyAAAAAd/john-wick-no.gif

Sixth Sense:… Yes.

He looks over at Taryn for a moment before returning to Clara.

Sixth Sense: I’m sorry, It’s just…

He looks back over at the corner booth of the cafe.

Sixth Sense: There’s… Something. Over there.

The longer Six stares at the corner of the cafe, the more he feels the darkness of it loom over him. He only gets more confused and possibly a little scared as he feels the mysterious energy staring back at him… Clara looks at him in confusion before turning to look back at Taryn.

As Taryn watches this unfold, from her perspective only, she can see what Sixth Sense is looking at. The tall, dark and lanky demon that possesses her, is standing in that very corner of the cafe. He smiles widely at Sixth Sense, knowing he can’t see him. As the demon stands still, he begins laughing menacingly while Taryn watches him in fear.
————————————
| Vanguard Tower |

Bullet-Man shuffles through new reports that have found their way onto his desk. He reads through each report, scoping out for mission opportunities. Each report has one similarity to each other… They are all related to the Revenant. Bullet-Man rolls his eyes as he reads each report on this guy. He looks up and sets the reports down as Nyx walks into the room.

Bullet-Man: Yes?

Nyx:… What are we going to do?

Bullet-Man: About what, exactly?

Nyx: Backwardo. Remember? Our old teammate. He was murdered and yet, no funeral, no memorial, not even an announcement? You had done all of that for the other Daybreak heroes that were killed.

Bullet-Man: That was different. Daybreak has their own identity. They aren’t our team… Plus, this Revenant clearly wants my attention. I’m not going to gift him that.

Nyx: So we throw away our values when someone wants to test them, right? How does that make you better than him?

Bullet-Man sighs and stands up. He starts walking out of the room.

Bullet-Man: I don’t have to be better than anyone, least of all in an ethical sense… All I need is the people to think that I am. I’ll do what needs to be done, and I’ll make sure Revenant gets put into the ground. But I’m not playing his games.

Nyx: You know what, fine. I’m used to you having that disgusting mentality. But still, are you seriously going to do nothing for Backwardo? Like he never existed.

Bullet-Man raises an eyebrow and looks back at Nyx as he walks.

Bullet-Man: No? He was Daybreak. It’s almost practice for them to get killed horrifically. I’d be hosting funerals for that team until the day I retire.

With that being said, Nyx stops walking with Bullet-Man and stands in the hallway, watching him walk away.
————————————
| Western Seattle |

A couple of crooks fall to the ground as they try to reach their boat that is docked at a pier. The start to crawl frantically towards the boat. But a force pulls them back away from reaching it. The crooks groan in both pain and in fear as the brothers, Ryan and Oliver Mott approach them calmly.

Ryan: Fellas… Time to stop this.

Oliver: Yeah. I think you guys know your best bet is to surrender and put your hands in the air.

With Oliver saying that, the crooks immediately listen and pop up on their knees, raising their hands in the air. Both Ryan and Oliver share a laugh.

Ryan: I missed this little brother.

Oliver: I did too.

The brothers go in to remove the crooks masks, until they hear slow clapping from behind them. They both stop and look behind them. Korrl is seen standing a good distance away, still clapping slowly.

Korrl: What a wonderful catch you two… And oh how sweet. The brothers finally reunited. Love to see it.

The brothers looks at each other for a moment before looking back at Korrl.

Ryan: Who the fuck are you?

Korrl scoffs, shaking his head at the brothers.

Korrl: Who am I? I’ll start you off with this, clearly I am a way better crime fighter than you two idiots.

He motions his hand toward the pier. The Mott brothers look back, seeing the crooks they had caught in the boat and driving away quickly. Ryan steps up and holds the boat in place with his telekinesis… Suddenly he hears a loud crack. He looks next to him and sees a the lifeless body of Oliver being held in a chokehold position by Korrl.

Ryan freezes in shock for a moment before filling with extreme anger as Korrl drops Oliver’s Body. He swiftly uses his mind to lift Korrl up and aggressively swing him around, crashing him into the ground, and other walks of buildings around them until one of the buildings cave and breaks wide open, Sending Korrl flying inside.

Ryan grunts loudly as he begins walking up to the building. He looks the building up and down and it begins to shake, ready to crumble… That is until a blade comes flying out of where Korrl was thrown into. The knife spins through the air quickly, stabbing Ryan Mott in the chest instantly. Ryan’s eyes widen for a moment, then he reaches for the knife, holding onto the handle of it as he falls to his knees. Korrl comes limping out of the building, looking down at Ryan, who is slowly dying.

Korrl: Pathetic hero.

The buzzing sound of a flying object is heard approaching. Korrl knows what this is and quickly turns around. Before he knows it, an artillery drone is rounding the corner of a building and flying towards Korrl.

Korrl: Shit!

He turns back and starts running toward the pier. The drone starts shooting bullets rapidly, a few of them hitting Korrl, who is slightly faster than the drone. Korrl dives into the water as an escape and the drone continues to fly forward, not stopping to finish the job. The drone flies away, and Korrl comes back up to the surface, breathing heavily as his blood starts to change the color of the water around him.
————————————

(Episode opens tonight at 6:00pm!!)
277 days 22 hours ago
Coolbrandonman
(OPEN)
277 days 22 hours ago
spinfur
*Mika is stressing about finals since it's coming close to that time, he hasn't been really focused on hacking all that often as he chills in his college's library typing up some final papers*
277 days 22 hours ago
Maya10
-enter a flower shop to get some arrangement-
277 days 21 hours ago
Coolbrandonman
The college library has a TV that’s playing a news broadcast on mute with subtitles at the bottom of the screen. It’s interviewing local vigilantes, as the news station covers the recent spike in unlawful crime-fighters.
————
Random citizens spot Nyx and take pictures of her as she is just doing a normal person thing
277 days 21 hours ago
spinfur
*Looks up at the tv shaking his head*
^So much for Ethan's drones doing the work on helping^
277 days 21 hours ago
Maya10
Hears some camera clicks, buys a few flower-
277 days 21 hours ago
Coolbrandonman
Taryn sits at the cafe, super duper stressed out.
————
Bullet-Man is at the UTF
————
Tech walks throughout the center of the city, looking around
277 days 21 hours ago
spinfur
*Mika prints out one of his papers placing it in his folder and groans laying his head on the counter where the computer is*
^I really need some coffee^
277 days 21 hours ago
Coolbrandonman
Taryn turns on the tv in her cafe. This news station is playing a report on Backwardo. This week’s episode of “60 Minutes” will be about him.
277 days 21 hours ago
spinfur
*Mika gets up shaking his head logging out of the library computer, and heads to Taryn's cafe just overall exhausted*
277 days 21 hours ago
Coolbrandonman
The cafe has a weird energy to it. The lights are more dim, it feels cold in there, and not from the weather outside.
277 days 21 hours ago
Maya10
Step out after purchasing some flowers. Takes a walk*
277 days 21 hours ago
Tommy123
*Zach and Dani are at the park having a picnic*
277 days 21 hours ago
Tizian
Piper is currently in her office at Daybreak. She is constructing some candles for a candlelight vigil for Backwardo.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/c81d2686278180abe37579104f924b96/177e123011f45d9d-db/s540x810/4245c0303008c03129e881622a40e6160fe5ddbd.gif

She emotes a deep sigh, distress riddled on her face. She takes a sip of her coffee and runs her hands through her hair. ^Even with all this shit going on, I hope I can give him a nice memorial. He deserves that.^
277 days 21 hours ago
Coolbrandonman
Nyx can see that Seattle today is cold and snowy. The city looks pretty with the snow coming down.
————
Piper can hear commotion from outside her office

open group

Vanguard Society

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!