2ndFeb 26, 2011
- Recently, there have many reports about players spamming and I suppose we can give you a little bit of clarification of what we feel spamming is.
There was a blog written by us a while ago, and it said spamming 3+ pages will get you banned, but you have to understand that this is for when we had slow games. Now that games have gained some speed, we have been very strict on the spamming issue. We have no idea when Randomize will add slow games, or what he will do with the fast games but for now, please follow the below rules so we don’t have to ban anyone for spamming.
1. SPAMMING THE SAME MESSAGE MORE THAN THREE TIMES IN A ROW IS CONSIDERED SPAM. Don’t be smart and post four comments of the same thing, post the fifth as something different and start over. We are not stupid, and if we feel you are intentionally “spamming” (this can also include posting the same thing multiple times on multiple pages, even if they're not consecutive), we will have to give a 1 day ban (depending on how many times you have been banned for this in the past).
2. Spamming anything more than FIVE times in a row is considered spamming. Even if each message is different, if you post five messages back to back, this is considered spamming, and you can get a 1 day ban (depending on how many times you have been banned for this in the past). Or if you are dominating a large portion of the posts on a page, that's spam too. It's a bit subjective, but again, the question is whether something is becoming disruptive. We will NOT ban for key ceremonies by the HoH in Rookies games, as it's part of the Big Brother experience.
3. Posting random letters, just to get plussed: Example (kjadkajdshahsdk) is considered spamming. If you do this once every now and then, we will not care. But if we see this posted two or more times on the same page, we will have to consider that spam as well.
Please don’t kill the social aspect of this game. There are players here who want to sit down, and enjoy the conversation of others without seeing “Good luck” posted by the same person 20 times just because they have nothing else to say.
4. E-mail or blog spam (sending repeated messages to someone just to get on their nerves) - If someone does that to you, filter them! If someone sent you something excessive that will take you forever to delete, let us know - that may be punishable spam.
Reporting Spam: When reporting spam, please provide ONE screen shot of the spam. If you just send us a link the game, we will ignore it as comments change and it will never stay on the same page. If you need help in learning how to screen shot, please visit this blog: http://www.tengaged.com/blog/Tengaged_Moderation/496318/reporting-issues
Any questions about spamming, please post below.
Leave a comment