Quick Tips for Keeping Your Account Secure
1stApr 21, 2013
- Since there have been some issues with hacking today, we thought we'd provide a few quick suggestions on how to keep your account safe.
1. Do not click off-site links if you're not certain whether or not the site they link to is safe. We believe this hack can occur through any link, so be very very careful if you value the security of your account. If you believe that your account has been compromised, please mail us ASAP (if you have been banned, email firstname.lastname@example.org). In particular, be ware of "disguised URLs" (e.g., tinyurl.com links that don't show you where your click will actually take you). This article provides some tips on how to make sure a link is safe before clicking it - http://www.pcworld.com/article/248963/how_to_tell_if_a_link_is_safe_without_clicking_on_it.html
2. Do NOT share your password with anyone. We say this again and again, but it continues to happen. If you give someone your password and they go on your account and post porn, that is not "hacking," and you will be held 100% responsible.
3. Use a secure password that you don't use on other websites.
4. Do not input your Tengaged username on any other website. In the past, hackers have created off-site surveys, offering free T$ and karma. When you put your username/password into the survey, it is instead used to hack your account. Tengaged Moderation will NEVER ask you for your password and you should never give it to any users or third-party applications/surveys etc. If there is a question about whether or not an offer on this site is legit, please contact THIS account.
If you notice any suspicious behavior or get any odd requests for your user information, please let us know ASAP. We also ask that when sending reports to TM, you do not use any URL shortening or redirecting services. All images should be uploaded through tinypic.com or gyazo - if not, we will ask you to resend using one of these image hosts.
Thanks for your help in keeping all of our accounts safe and secure!
Leave a comment