To avoid any confusion...
- ...we are going to TRY to make things perfectly clear. We aren't trying to be mean here, but when we try to allow flexibility, users push things to the limit or try to argue about the "grey area." We know things aren't black and white, but unfortunately, we have to make things that way or we continue to get accused of being biased. So here are are few things that have caused some confusion lately:
1. Homophobic language - Homophobic words (e.g. "f*g" or "d*ke") are not allowed. Does not matter if you're gay or straight. Context doesn't matter. Just don't use those words, even with asterisks. Period. If you're reporting someone, then yes, you can send those words to us, but no quoting them.
2. Racist language - "N*gger" is not allowed.
3. Homophobic comments also unacceptable.
4. Use of the word "gay" - We're NOT going to ban for "That's so gay" or "You're gay." If you think someone calling you gay is an insult, you're the homophobic one, honestly.
5. Racist comments (or attacks on religion or nationality) - Any attacks on someone including their race. Example: "dirty Mexican" - banworthy. Making light of genocide (holocaust, etc.) is included in this.
6. You're responsible for everything you post. If you post a link that another user can change and add porn to, you will be banned. Yes, we will try to look into the situation and be fair, but unless there is DEFINITIVE proof that something happened that was outside your control and it was not that way when you first posted the link, you will not be unbanned. So assume that you can and will be permed if this happens.
7. Threats - If you DIRECTLY threaten physical harm toward another user you will be banned. Examples: "I will beat you up" or "I will kill you." If you WISH death upon someone "I hope you die," you will be blacklisted if this is your first offense of ANY KIND. If you've been banned before for ANYTHING before, "I hope you die" will get you banned.
8. Encouraging suicide - This is strictly forbidden. "Go kill yourself" or "If I were you, I'd hang myself" is banworthy.
9. "Go to hell." - Not banworthy.
10. Accusing users of pedophilia, being a sexual predator, drug use, murder, or anything else illegal - not OK! If you have never had a harassment-related offense (these include homophobic or racist comments, other threats, or other warnings about harassing users), we will give you ONE warning for accusing someone of illegal activity. If not, you will be banned immediately.
Questions? Post here and we will do our best to respond!
Leave a comment