This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

#NTM19 - Challenge & Photoshoot (9)

Topic » #NTM19 - Challenge &..

330 days 17 hours ago
SeongWoo
Omg 😭
330 days 16 hours ago
Minie
Right? 😭😭😭😭
I hope judges comments soon the suspense is too much
329 days 17 hours ago
Brandonh1
(Not quite the last hour but I'm here)

Garrett Neff//

Doja Cat (Ajathekween): Doja, I agree that portraying a shot like this was a significant risk; however, it was not a bad risk to take because I think this shot was good. I can see the whole mannequin aspect of your shot; I love the background color, which further focuses on you, so overall, good job!

Jackson Yee (SeongWoo): Jackson, this is good. I was worried when I saw "Fireplace" because I had no idea how someone would pull that off, BUT you did a great job. The color usage for sure helped bring this depiction of a fireplace to life. I also feel like the clothing helped depict the flame.

Liu Wen (coolKat): Liu, I love this shot. This was another that I was worried when reading, like "How will they depict a bird in a nest," But once again, you pulled this off, and I do not have anything negative to say about it. This one is amazing and very creative.

Rianne Van Rompaey (Rubes): If it were not for your inspiration shot, I would have been confused about the curtain aspect since it is white garments, but after looking at the inspiration and then back at your shot, I can see the "curtain" aspect.

Kim Taehyung "V" (Minie): I think this was pretty solid. I can see where you were going with the sword; the pose is similar to the statue.

Simon Nessman: Simon overall, I think this shot was solid. It was not the best interpretation, but I will not say it was the worst. My critique for this would be that I wish this were a full body shot where you possibly fully embodied "chalk," but with this headshot and the chalk on your face, I can see where you were going with this.

Anja Rubik: I wonder which shot would have been the first one had you not been the challenge winner? I say that because the "Golden Chandelier" shot was "okay," The main thing with that one that I did not necessarily like was that you are in the shower, and that is just me being picky to details because that would be a major electrical issue if you think about it, but I get what you were doing. The "Red Carpet" photo was, however, great. I loved every aspect of what you were trying to portray, and overall, this one was the stronger of the two.

Steph: I am not a fan of this one, if I am honest. I think it was a bit of a stretch. By looking at this photo, I have to guess which part is the curtain clamp which is maybe the earrings.

Kim Woobin: Kim, this was a stretch for me. I understand what you were saying in your explanation; however, it did not fully translate to your shot.
329 days 16 hours ago
rahrah
Francisco - Hi all, it is great to be back. You are all so talented and I'm excited to be judging you all tonight.

Doja Cat (Ajathekween): I love this shot, you look stunning and beautiful. My only feedback would be that you could represent something more beautiful in here, my head went straight to a disco ball or even aluminum foil. I did not get a mannequin sorry.

Jackson Yee (SeongWoo): I see where you were going with this one, I do like the shot but I am a little confused with the messaging, fire is so powerful and strong, I don't get that from you in this shot. It is a great shot, but if you are representing fire I want you to also have the essence of that.

Liu Wen (coolKat): Love love love, I honestly don't have much to comment on, it is beautiful and you look stunning in this shot. Great job with the use of your body.

Rianne Van Rompaey (Rubes): This is beautiful, you look so poised and natural, with the wind blowing the fabric around. I love this shot a lot. Amazing Job!

Kim Taehyung "V" (Minie): I like the shot, but I'm not a fan of it being used for this challenge. A lot of people thought out of the box on their objects, you picked a statue. Overall I like the shot but I think you could have gone bigger with the object.

Simon Nessman (LaCroix): I love the intensity in your stare, it is strong and powerful. However I don't see much object, I get the chalk is on your face but it doesn't represent the object enough. I think you went a bit too literal.

Anja Rubik (Delano): Wow! You killed this challenge! The first look is so strong, a chandelier stands out in a room, and thats what you do in this shot. Then the red carpet is so well done, using your body to in this shot with the giant red fabric. Loved it, great job.

Steph Shiu (icyz): This shot is sooo fun, I am obsessed with the simplicity but also the attention to detail. You make that room look more vibrant and interesting. Well done!

Kim Woobin (camell22): I think you look great in this shot, nature is super organic and natural though and I think the tie in to that could have better. Great shot though.
329 days 15 hours ago
SeongWoo
Not me saying i am representing a gas fireplace exactly bcs the flames are softer and u saying u want me representing the fire stronger 😭😭😭
329 days 13 hours ago
IceBear
Jude Reece’s Comments:

Simon - I see a lot of untapped potential here. Your stare is stunning and by itself is a cool photo. I would have liked for you to have represented more properties of chalk than what was shown. You facing being covered in chalk is clear to see, but I’m not seeing you do much else to represent your object. I think a full body image would have allowed you to express more qualities rather than be solely reliant on your face to carry this shot.

Anja - As much as I adore your pose in golden chandelier, I think the red carpet look is a more complete shot so my comments will be referencing the latter. The wide side gaps makes this look like a red carpet rather than just a red dress. Red carpets are often the star of a room just like this photo, but you still managed to tell a story. The tied hands really help pull this together and standing tall was a nice choice. Well done!

Doja - I thought picking a mannequin would leave you in a “high risk, low reward” scenario, but this really works for me. You look stiff, as if forced in this position which works well in your favor.  The headgear seals the deal for me and I can totally see what you were going for. Great job keeping this shot at a high level!

Steph: This is a very entertaining photo for me. The two strands of hair dangle so elegantly. Your arched pose alongside a window keeps the focus on you rather than letting your hair to all the work.
Your caption is very…ambitious to say the least, but you do convey a trapped position very well. You are fighting back for a spot with force!

Jackson - I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: you’re creativity never ceases to amaze me. I see where you’re going with this and you struck a nice balance between an intense yet peaceful look that I’m a fan of. The biggest note with these types of challenges is that you’re clear with what specifically you’re representing. I think you captured the essence and properties of a gas fireplace really well, I just would have liked you to have your moment to shine in this photo.

Liu - I love this photo! It’s so simple, yet super effective! Your dress looks just like a nest and you shine as the bird. My only note would be to channel the bird a little bit more. Amazing job!

V - This is a cool shot. You look so regal in that outfit with your glamours sword, fitting for an emperor. A statue is one of the safest ideas tonight but I like that you challenged yourself to give us something unique. This is a beautiful shot, but not enough of a risk to stand out tonight.

Woobin - Honestly, this was a miss for me. Your tree/nature themed outfit doesn’t match the background’s region and makes you stand out for the wrong reasons. The hand in the mouth is a peculiar decision and the crossed legs doesn’t help create a nature look. You’re leaning similarly to the tree behind you and that helps justify your pose a little bit. You set yourself up well with a unique environment, but you seem out of place. I think if you focused more on embodying your object, you would have had more success.

Rianne - This is a solid shot. It does look like you’re being blown by the wind and I understand that aspect which you were going for. I would have liked more grace from your clothing presentation. The garment surrounding your head and the sneakers take away from this delicate nature that curtains have. The creativity and risk are there, I just would have liked the essence to be captured a little bit more.
329 days 7 hours ago
Jerard
COMMENTS:

Simon (Chalk) - This actually has been one of your better submissions for me, it was direct but somehow helped you and didn't at the same time. It was a solid shot, you had that important element on your face, and may I say it was a stunning beauty shot. Though, I just don't know how groundbreaking it would be to get the spot you wanted back in this competition.

Anja (Chandelier/Red Carpet) - Your first shot, is just gorgeous. But however, the whole chandelier thing and the shower don't really feel right. The second photo, on the other hand, I have a handful to praise you about. The garment felt like a red carpet itself, even you yourself being it was just a smart idea. Then came your metaphoric explanation which really wrapped this into one of your most memorable shots.

Steph (Curtain Clamp) - Now, this is thinking like "go big or go home", when I think of this photoshoot I was hoping someone would do something little that almost felt like their insignificant, and I am glad you were able to do that. I did see what Judge Garrett was pointing out, but your body positioning, the elements, even the littlest of it was well thought of.

Woobin (Nature) - This was actually a unique idea, I just don't know if this was a risk you should have taken - simply because there would be a lot to focus on. The shot itself has been one of my favorite shots from you, for the complete idea however it did feel like a stretch. Again, it was a good shot, I can even say great shot, but I'd say I agree with Judge Garrett's sentiments on this one.
329 days 7 hours ago
Jerard
Doja (Mannequins) - Doja, you are one of the models I am excited about seeing their photos. This photoshoot was a chance to showcase what you've been building as a brand, but this week I just missed it from you. I've seen you go on a bigger route, I'd say I agree with Judge Francisco, this was an okay shot but it screamed more of a disco ball for me. With what I've seen tonight, I don't know if this was a standout

Jackson (Gas Fireplace) - Now that's something I didn't expect you to choose. And I must say it was a risk that paid off. Your object was unexpected but you translated it smartly through text and interpretation. Coming to this photoshoot and how you performed last week, I had high expectations, and I believe you might not have matched last week's, it's still up there. Great job!

Liu (Bird's Nest) - You need not another sentence to really make us understand this photoshoot. This week was go big or go home for me, and you certainly did the first part. I must say I would've loved to have seen this in color, but it's just me getting nit-picky. I loved how you were posed mimicking a bird. This was a pretty smart decision, one of my standouts of the week.

V (Statue of Constantine the Great) - Now this, just like Liu's was somehow self-explanatory. No need for long comments to make the viewers understand. Now, the quality of the picture I wasn't really a big fan of, but it's just a minority on how I liked this shot. The accessories, you are selling pretty well, and that sword was a nice touch and pose mimics well what you were portraying which sealed the deal.

Rianne (Curtains) - I think what you tried to do was a risk, a big one. I came to see your shot and I wasn't able to connect with it as quickly. Now, the photo was gorgeous and I wished to have seen this in another photoshoot and this would have been another story. But anyways, focusing on here, one thing I really liked is the pose, it really did capture the feeling of being blown by the wind, that was creative.
329 days 7 hours ago
Jerard
Panel in a few minutes.
329 days 7 hours ago
Jerard
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~PANEL~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
329 days 7 hours ago
Jerard
If you are here, don't hesitate to join in.
329 days 7 hours ago
coolKat
hey <3
329 days 7 hours ago
Jerard
Okay, we shall start.
329 days 7 hours ago
Jerard
We will begin with the announcement of the comeback hopeful who will have a chance to re-enter the competition.
329 days 7 hours ago
Jerard
Comeback Hopefuls:

- Anja Rubik
- Simon Nessman
- Steph Shiu
- Kim Woobin

open group

NEXT TOP MODEL 20: Fans vs Favorites

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!