This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

#NTM19 - Challenge & Photoshoot (9)

Topic » #NTM19 - Challenge &..

309 days 22 hours ago
Jerard
Challenge #9

"Edward Wilding"

https://media.giphy.com/media/v1.Y2lkPTc5MGI3NjExYjE4MzF4emRqejZ1cGRhMThoNzU3a2o1YjM3cnkwa3BpZ3Y0NW9ldyZlcD12MV9pbnRlcm5hbF9naWZfYnlfaWQmY3Q9Zw/EMyO7mCKAIKztZwd1F/giphy.gif

Hello Top 5 plus our comeback hopefuls, welcome to your challenge this week. For this week we invited one of our esteemed judges from the past, who also has been a runner-up in both his stint in Cycles 5 and 8, let's give it to Guest Judge Francisco Lachowski!

For your challenge this week, we are giving tribute to one of Francisco's friends and co-model from Next Top Model Cycle 4: Guys vs. Girls, none other than Edward Wilding!

Your task today involves two photos - you will embrace your own unique fashion personas and showcase your versatility by transitioning between contrasting styles. Inspired by Edward Wilding's ability to effortlessly embody different fashion aesthetics, this shoot will highlight the dynamic duality within each model. You will be styled in contrasting outfits, representing various fashion aesthetics, that will explore different facets of your personality.

You will do a COLLAGE on two contrasting fashion ideas - some ideas would be the following: "Romantic vs. Edgy", "Minimalistic vs. Maximalist", "Monochromatic vs. Vibrant", "Classic vs. Avant-Garde", etc. You are not required to choose from the above example, you can think of your very own two contrasting ideas.

I posted the challenge earlier than expected but on-time submission is still on June 24, 6 AM EST (so around 28hrs and 40 mins). Thank you and good luck! x
309 days 7 hours ago
SeongWoo
So, for this Challenge i really had fun thinking about what i was gonna do, and well, i got a TRIPLE contrasting themes on these two photos. Hope you enjoy the explanation.

https://i.imgur.com/d76TYvS.png

The first contrast I bring is between Heaven/Hell.
In the first photo we have the dear angel Jackson, with his angel wings in a clear setting referring to the peaceful and pacifist atmosphere that paradise is presented, while on the other side we have an inspiration in the myth of Charon, the boatman who took the souls of the dead to the kingdom of Hades (Kingdom of the dead and the underworld, aka hell), thus alluding to the plane of the dead who did not go to heaven.

In this, many may wonder, "Jackson, but in the light environment you are wearing dark clothes while in the dark environment you are wearing light clothes, shouldn't it be the opposite?"

Well, I say no. And then comes the second and third contrast. The contrast of light and dark, both the environment and the clothes and the contrast of PERCEPTION.

Often the one we consider the good guy can be the bad guy behind the scenes and the one we consider the bad guy can be the good guy. The simple tonality of the garments already make some have an altered perception of something without knowing what it actually is.
309 days 6 hours ago
Delano
~Anja Rubik

LINK: https://imgur.com/a/TZDXzgd

Hello. It's been a while since I've been around here, has it?

For this challenge, I wanted to show a side that is interesting about Anja and that speaks very well to the concept of versatility.

My choice for the contrast of this challenge is the genre, mixed with the concept of old school and current fashion. I like to play with the transition between clothes that are said to be "masculine" and others "feminine."

On the left side, Anja is bringing her masculine side in the way she dresses. With tranquil tones and a style reminiscent of the old guard and the interior, I wanted to show that there is no rule in the way you dress, as long as you feel good in what you are wearing. The choice not to wear strong makeup was purposeful, as well as letting the hair loose, because I did not want the concept to be, in fact, the transition to the masculine but that it is possible to wear men's clothes without problems.

On the right side, I'm showing the feminine side of dressing, in conjunction with a more current fashion, inspired by one of my favorite movies: the devil wears prada. In this essay, I chose to highlight my skin with stronger colors, such as red. The position was also a main choice, giving an idea of the feminine power and the striking look.

I chose to leave the hair similar in both essays, since my choice is to show the contrast between the way men and women choose to dress. In addition, I wanted to work with the concepts of older clothes, aimed at the old west and more rural aspect, in contrast to so-called "elegant" clothes, aimed at the urban area.

That said, my contrast is gender, with a focus on the way you want to dress.
309 days 5 hours ago
Minie
V

Stern vs Chill

Today I wanted to challenge myself a little more and decided to choose similar outfit types while delivering  completely different outcome.

Even though I’m wearing suits in both pictures I’m giving off opposite styles, personality, vibes and aura.

In the first picture my outfit showcases professionalism while I have a very firm stance with again my hand in pocket portraying confidence and my overall profile showing sternness and formality.

In my second picture, I am dressed more casually and my pose is less professional looking. I release my hand from my pocket and I relax my facial expressions while leaning my face on it to showcase I am sitting in a less formal and more chill environment.

When you compare both pictures  from appearance to clothing styles to stances I have used justifies my dynamic duality. That being said you could say my contrast in this shoot can be considered, personality, behavior or physical appearance which was highlighted through complete different styling on same range of clothing.

https://imgur.com/a/QMvJQs6
309 days 5 hours ago
LaCroix
Simon Nessman

Summer vs. Winter

So I decided to showcase two different fashion choices for different seasons. Summer and Winter are completely opposite and have contrasting fashion styles. Summer is more relaxed, cool clothing to beat off the heat and Winter is more cozy, snug clothing to keep warm. It may be simple, but it's definitely two opposite sides of fashion.

https://i.imgur.com/xyJGDha.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/xyJGDha.gif
309 days 4 hours ago
Ajathekween
Doja Cat:

I present to you

The Wallflower vs the Wildchild

https://imgur.com/a/gf6UVxi

The first photo is representing the Wallflower. She is shy can often lonely. She doesn’t really have courage to make her presence known and she often has a shrugged demeanor. She is uncomfortable in any interaction.

The second photo is the Wild Child. She is eccentric and exciting. She never takes life too seriously and is fun. She can but a little sexy too.
308 days 23 hours ago
camell22
Kim Woobin:

I am giving

Extrovert vs Introvert.

https://imgur.com/a/c8vLwDa

In the first photo (Extrovert) you can see that very sociable side of me, happy to be around bt other people having a great time/ having a great conversation.

Meanwhile

In the second photo (introvert) you can see I'm more one with myself in the comfort of my own home in peace and quiet room not really worrying about having to talk to people and catching up with others
308 days 22 hours ago
coolKat
-Liu Wen-

Hard vs Soft

https://imgur.com/a/wSOeKuj

In my two photos I wanted to play with color, texture, and shape.

Photo 1 is Hard: I am modeling using metal as my garment and creating a very hard, structured piece. Almost like I am wearing a sculpture. The metal is also left in its natural state and I am wearing black which are both more ‘hard’ colors- especially black used in instances of leather and heavy metal (wink wink).

Photo 2 is Soft: I am modeling as a ballerina, which is soft and delicate, the shape of my outfit also is frilly and much more loose in terms of structure. I am also much more relaxed/soft in posture compared to photo 1 where I was modeling very stiff/hard. Pink is also a color used to describe something that is delicate and soft often times. Finding it used in a lot of princess and fairy core aesthetics.
308 days 21 hours ago
Jerard
ANNOUNCEMENT:

Juan is pulling out from the competition.
308 days 21 hours ago
icyz
- Steph -

Purity vs Perversion

https://ibb.co/hgycv3c

The purpose of my contrast was to show how versatile I can be.

In my first photo I wanted to represent this angelic, pure and innocent figure. The light and colors fulfill this objective of representing someone who doesn't know the "'dark'' part of this world.

In my second photo I wanted to bring attitude, with heavier clothes and makeup, a sexier pose and a more confident attitude, this photo represents sin, sexuality, vulgarity and how this girl likes to live that way
308 days 18 hours ago
Rubes
~ Rianne Van Rompaey ~

https://imgur.com/a/RXt1nai

This weeks challenge is all about the fashion outfits and how they convey two contrasting aesthetics.

So for this challenge I wanted to go down the route of Past vs Future. Giving you Past on the left and Future on the right. My first photo on the left is giving you this vintage and retro feeling through the clothing and hair while the second photo on the right is giving you a more innovative design, shape and pattern - much more editorial and futuristic in its design!
308 days 17 hours ago
Jerard
XXCLOSEDXX
307 days 15 hours ago
Jerard
Challenge results will be posted tonight @ 6 PM EST alongside your photoshoot.
307 days 5 hours ago
Jerard
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get a hold of our guest judge for the week. Thus, I will post my comments on your shots and score you for the challenge. I don't want you to wait any longer. Here's to hoping as well we still get to have our guest judge for the photoshoot this week.

Thank you!
307 days 5 hours ago
Jerard
COMMENTS:

Jackson - I love this! While your explanation was well-written, I was actually worried when you said you will be playing with three contrasts. But lucky for you, it did fit with each photo you presented. The two photos really had me thinking of what you've said - "Often the one we consider the good guy can be the bad guy behind the scenes and the one we consider the bad guy can be the good guy.". Fantastic job!

V - Well, that was a risky move there, V. I wouldn't have thought of Stern/Chill for the shoot. Individually, both shots were good, the backdrop really helped you portray different environments, and the poses were too since you were limited in those considering you were put on with a similar fashion style.

Doja - You had the same case with V, on this one. What you did here was centered more on posing and personality, a very risky move indeed. Now, your contrast was actually kind of a blur for me. Again, individually it was good shots, put together I wasn't as convinced if it was enough of a contrast.

Liu - First of all, that "hard" shot was stunning! However, it did quite both the good and bad
in your challenge, obviously good since it was quite a shot but the second shot was afar from it - putting these two together, it was obvious. The contrasting ideas were presented heavily with your fashion which is a really good thing I must say.

Rianne - Again, I am impressed. The two shots I believe were both worthy of photoshoots. Your collage was more "in your face" type compared to your co-Top 5's and where you came in it did you good. You presented not only contrasting personalities, but both were standout contrasting outfits as well.

open group

NEXT TOP MODEL 20: Fans vs Favorites

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!