This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

#NTM11 - Challenge & Photoshoot (7)

Topic » #NTM11 - Challenge &..

2122 days 23 hours ago
Lalisa
Devon Aoki:

The Real Devon:
Devon is very sweet, down to earth, everyday girl. She's your typical girl next door and is super friendly but also reserved and a tad shy.

https://www.fashiongonerogue.com/wp-content/uploads/igr/2010/07/devon-aoki2.jpg

Devon's Alter Ego:
Devon's alter ego is the character she portrays when she models. She goes from the real good girl Devon in real life to a completely different person with the shutter of a camera. Devon becomes a mysterious beauty, recognisable by her unique face (usually sporting an evil resting bitch face) and blaring sex appeal. Out goes the good girl and in comes the bad girl turned model who's modeling screams danger!

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/1c/97/06/1c9706b11e1f1aba1e9d315fb69112fe--devon-aoki-vogue-russia.jpg
2122 days 20 hours ago
VictoriaW
Victoria Justice: Alter Ego

*Real Victoria-
Victoria is very down to earth girl and is very sensual. She is a driven person and who is dedicated to what she does. She is very caring and loyal to the one's she loves. She's just a fun loving girl. Good Girl
http://www.celebzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/victoria-justice-in-venice-magazine-spring-2016-_3.jpg

*Alter Ego-
Sexy and refined, a girl who knows what she wants. Very attention driven and doesn't care what people think. This girl is wild and she knows it. She is the polar opposite of Victoria. She loves to party and be the best at anything she does;). Bad Girl
http://hq-pictures.com/albums/userpics/10001/normal_VJ2457_283129.jpg
2122 days 18 hours ago
Brandonh1
Miles McMillan-

Miles is a very dark, very mysterious model. In his photos he doesn’t show much emotion and often has a very “blank” face in his photos. In this photo the dark mysterious “ego” is being portrayed from his facial expression, pose and attire.

https://hips-hearstapps-com.cdn.ampproject.org/i/s/hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/images/6-look8-00020033-copy-1507742502.jpg?crop=1xw:1xh;center,top&resize=980:*

Miles McMillan Alter Ego-

For the Alter Ego, I am giving a very formal photo. I wanted to show a very bright photo with Miles show emotions, and having the overall dark persona.

https://hips-hearstapps-com.cdn.ampproject.org/i/s/hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/images/look6-00080008-copy-1507742625.jpg?crop=1xw:1xh;center,top&resize=980:*
2122 days 15 hours ago
MoooHades
Izi Simundic -

The Real Izi:
Izi is a very calm and natural person, outside of modelling she actually travels the world and runs a travel blog with her boyfriend. A word I'd describe her as is definitively free.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0862/0118/files/Image009.jpg

Izi's Alter Ego:
Izi's alter ego definitively is a switch that flips on and off when she's modelling, she goes from a good girl who loves travelling and just being free, to the girl we all know today as the girl that can stare straight through your soul, she is that beach girl a LOT of the time, she still has those dead facial features, but her eyes show passion and want to be the best.

http://chic.com.s3.amazonaws.com/chic_brisbane/izy127/web5.jpg
2122 days 15 hours ago
DrG2
Dinara Chetyrova:

Dinara is someone who looks tough on the outside which maybe cause by her past experience. She also looks very mature if we look past her photoshoot and she also has this bold personality that makes her standout as someone who is dangerous if you mess with her. But on the other hand, because she doesn’t want people to look her down and image to look for, sometimes she just overthinking about things.

And we know that there will be one day when we can’t take the stress out of ourself easily because of how bad the problem is or we just can’t stop thinking about it. Well, it also happen to Dinara which make her release someone who she think will help her through her darkest time and that is Ashley Briton, her alter ego.
Alter ego is a condition in which a person shapes another character in themself consciously. This other character is often the ideal picture of themselves which they can’t reflect or do it. Sometimes they have alter ego either just to fulfill their fantasy or to make their live better which is like Dinara’s situation.

Ashley Briton is someone who is always happy, positive and playful one. Though she might act and dress like a child or teen, you don’t know how that personality can make some of Dinara’s problem solved with her positivity and always being happy in every situation

Dinara Chetyrova:
http://www.dinarachetyrova.com/uploads/8/3/7/4/83743768/mabel-fw-2013-shot7-00085-edit_orig.jpg

Ashley Briton (Alter Ego):
https://prnt.sc/k38gjr
2122 days 15 hours ago
nikw98
Lenox Tillman - Alter Ego
Lenox:
Lenox is the small town country girl with a dream. She loves nature and everything it brings. All she wants is to make it big! She's shy but ambitious, innocent but smart, scared but determined.

http://www.all-antm.net/displayimage.php?pid=96510&fullsize=1

Alter Ego:
Lenox's Alter Ego doesn't need to be any of those things. She gets what she wants by force. She demands attention and was born in the spotlight. Anything she cant get by force, she can always get by allure. She is a sex siren and she loves it. She doesn't care who she steps on to get to the top, as long as she remains there. She gets what she knows Lenox cannot.

http://www.all-antm.net/displayimage.php?pid=103304&fullsize=1
2122 days 14 hours ago
Zankie16
Garrett Neff

Garrett

Garrett Neff is a model that has an obsessive personality. When he wants something he gets it he is always on the go he does not care if he has to give something up that he likes. The only thing he cares about is showing up on time and getting the job at task done.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-dJqsV8JLw8A/VyMwe6ot8LI/AAAAAAAAeSM/sOc2Orpcpec/garrett-neff-massimo-dutti-personal-tailoring-ss-2016-004%25255B3%25255D.jpg?imgmax=800

Alter ego

His alter ego is a guy that is relaxed and go with the flow. He is a person that will just wake up on a Saturday or a Sunday and go for a morning stroll.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Odu7eqW6gAY/TAy1yVIH8eI/AAAAAAAAcME/A0dKO05ie9Q/s1600/Garrett+Neff+for+Massimo+Dutti+06.jpg
2122 days 14 hours ago
Jerard
XXCLOSEDXX
2122 days 2 hours ago
nikw98
I thought I made it on time and i scheduled it to where i would :/ i guess i was a few minutes late. But late is late and i apologize for my tardiness.
2122 days ago
haycsclair
For this photo shoot, I'm going to score you based on your two explanations and two photos. Each explanation corresponds to two points and each photo is equivalent to three points.

1st Explanation = 2 points
2nd Explanation = 2 points
1st Photo = 3 points
2nd Photo = 3 points

Okay. One's True Personality and Alter Ego don’t have to be OPPOSITES. Our Alter Ego is our most genuine Self, the one that is not defined by our particular cultural context, but this doesn’t mean it doesn’t react and express itself in contrasting ways, same as our most consistently publicly displayed outer Self.

In any case, it is not the product of a ‘multiple personality disorder’. Human beings are not one-dimensional. We are, in ultimate instance, bi-dimensional.

COMMENTS:

#TeamLUCKY

DEVON AOKI - Your first explanation doesn't support your first photo. Neither do I see a sweet girl nor a friendly girl in this one. I see a bit shyness but even that one doesn't really translate in the photo. Just a bit of an advice. Don't make an explanation that won't support your photo at all. It doesn't make sense to make an explanation without studying your photo well. The second explanation kinda sounds okay, but doesn't really elaborate your alter ego personality. You just said you are becoming mysterious and a bad girl in front of camera. That's it. Alter ego doesn't mean an exact opposite of one's true personality. Looking at your second photo, I don't see a bad girl in this one. There's no mystery beauty. Though your posing and styling are good. I don't think you fully hit the mark this week.

HAO YUN XIANG - It's not you who is the "artistic" one in this photo. It's the one who took and edited this photo. You are just standing there and not doing anything much. The filter and design were added to make it more artistic. That doesn't make yourself artistic. My another concern is that the photo is not a Top Model photo material. It doesn't look real. Your second explanation doesn't really describe your alter ego well. You said your alter ego is the "sexualized Hao", but why it is your alter ego? Though you look sexy in the photo, your explanation ruined it for you. I feel like you haven't really trying your best these past few performances.

MILES McMILLAN - Both of your explanation are confusing. You mentioned the word "dark" in both of your explanation. Did you double-check everything you wrote down? You said your real persona is "dark and mysterious", but your alter ego also have "dark persona". What are you trying to say here? It sounds like you don't know what you are talking about here. You just wasted your time for an explanation like that. Your first photo supports your first explanation. The photo is actually good. I can see the dark and mysterious Miles. Your second photo becomes nonsense because of your confusing alter ego explanation. This is what happens when a model doesn't study his photo well. I can see bright colors, but you also mentioned "dark persona," which I don't see in this photo. Bright colors for dark persona, really?

#TeamSUI who did submit on time

IZI SIMUNDIC - I like your first explanation because that's how I see Izi. Adventurous and free. But your alter ego explanation is really bad. You didn't explain well what does you being a "beach girl" have something to do with your real personality. Your explanation is super bland. It left us hanging. Your first photo is good. It really shows the wild and free Izi. Your second photo is okay. But then again your alter ego explanation doesn't make sense, so this photo is really not that strong for the theme this week. Both photos actually look the same to me. Your second photo can be used for your real persona. It means your second photo doesn't work as your alter ego.

VICTORIA JUSTICE - Good girl, Bad girl. Really, Victoria? Another wrong interpretation of alter ego. Your first explanation is good because I see Victoria as down-to-earth and a fun, loving girl. Your second explanation doesn't make sense. How does a girl who knows what she wants become a bad girl? You deliberately told us that your alter ego is the total opposite of real Victoria. It's obvious that you don't know what your alter ego is. Your first photo really supports your real persona explanation. You look sweet and innocent in this photo. In your second photo, I see a girl who is driven and ready to conquer the world. This photo in motion of yours is so good. The only thing that ruins this one is your bad alter ego explanation. Good photo but didn't really hit the mark.

#TeamSUI who didn't submit on time

Garrett and Lenox, this is the second time you submitted late. It seems you haven't learned from your mistake before. We don't tolerate that kind of attitude in this competition, so expect deduction for this.

GARRETT NEFF - Your first explanation is good but your photo doesn't support your explanation. I don't see the things you are talking about in your explanation in the photo. But I do like the expression on your face. It has that driven look. I also like the styling. Your second explanation, just like the others', doesn't really explain how you being "relaxed" has something to do with your real persona. It's just a total opposite of your real persona. Your second photo is good. It has the "lazy" look and the styling is so good. It got only ruined by your incomplete explanation.

LENOX TILLMAN - Both of your explanation are good. You explained well how your alter ego has something to do with your real persona. The real Lenox is "shy, innocent, and scared". But she has dreams that she knows she can't get by those characteristics of her. So she wants to be someone who can get what she wants by force. A character that is not really her. Even though your explanation is not completely perfect, I can see that you get the idea of what alter ego is. Your first photo really supports your real personality. I can see a nature-loving Lenox. I like the whole setting of the photo. Your second photo is good. I'm seeing a driven Lenox, but I'm not a fan of two photos in one for this theme. My other issue is that your photos are way too small. Don't forget that it is still a modeling competition. Always submit a photo with high quality.

#TeamMARLON

DINARA CHETYROVA - Finally! Someone fully understood what this theme is all about. Reading your explanation, I know you did your research well. I hope your co-models will learn from you. My only concern is that I'm not a fan of both of your photos. Your first photo doesn't have an effect to me though the styling and the pose are really good. Your face doesn't look tough. It lacks the right emotion for your real personality. Your second photo is just okay. I really like your smile. It seems genuine. It fits your alter ego, but there's no wow factor. Overall, a good job.

SHAWN MENDES - I like your first explanation and your first photo really connects with your real personality. I'm seeing a laid back and humble Shawn. Onto your alter ego. I can say that you didn't study the theme well this week. What you said in your explanation is not your alter ego. What you mentioned is your improvement throughout this competition. That's not an alter ego. You look really sexy in your second photo and the styling is so good. It would have worked if you have submitted it for another theme. Both of your photos kinda look the same to me. I don't see any difference at all. I can say that you failed to capture the theme this week.

Overall, I'm very disappointed with more than half of you. I want to give zero points to a lot of you, but I'm still considering the effort you exerted for this photo shoot. We are already in Week 7 and some of you are still posting late, not studying the theme, submitting photos which don't relate to your explanation at all, and most of all submitting photos with low quality, badly cropped and edited.

Some of you are clamoring about the theme of the photo shoot in the past few weeks. Now that we had given you an opportunity to be yourself and not to portray someone else, a lot of you failed BIG TIME.

We are looking for the best, so show us your best. Don't settle for mediocrity.
2121 days 23 hours ago
Lalisa
Jerard - "So what is alter ego? As stated in the dictionary, it is the opposite of who you usually are and your personality."

Sui - "Alter ego doesn't mean an exact opposite of one's true personality."

https://media.giphy.com/media/NORFfJzhC6iPe/giphy.gif
2121 days 23 hours ago
Lalisa
"Okay. One's True Personality and Alter Ego don’t have to be OPPOSITES. Our Alter Ego is our most genuine Self, the one that is not defined by our particular cultural context, but this doesn’t mean it doesn’t react and express itself in contrasting ways, same as our most consistently publicly displayed outer Self.

In any case, it is not the product of a ‘multiple personality disorder’. Human beings are not one-dimensional. We are, in ultimate instance, bi-dimensional."

-

Literally what you said in two paragraphs makes zero sense. You as a person are your TRUE SELF, your alter ego is the form you TAKE ON whether it be with Devon stepping infront of a camera and her overall persona changing or a civilian turning into a superhero.

"An alter ego (Latin, "the other I") is a second self, which is believed to be distinct from a person's normal or true original personality. A person who has an alter ego is said to lead a double life."
2121 days 23 hours ago
haycsclair
It means alter ego doesn't have to be the exact opposite of one's real personality all the time. The problem in your explanation is that you only mentioned how alter ego is different from your real personality. There was no elaboration. There was no depth.
2121 days 23 hours ago
Lalisa
Nah, it really just looks like everytime I post a picture, you look for reasons to be over-critical to make sure I don't do well and I'm over it.
2121 days 23 hours ago
Lalisa
You are telling people to do research when you yourself don't even grasp the theme like what a joke.

open group

NEXT TOP MODEL 20: Fans vs Favorites

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!