This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Final Tribal Council

Topic » Final Tribal Council

1442 days 21 hours ago
ITZ3THAN
Fair point. he isn't lying abt that convo. Honest mf
1442 days 21 hours ago
obscurity
@Drew Yep I played your vote wrong, I'll own up to that. There was absolutely no reason for me to string you along and then just cut your throat. It's messy gameplay and I know better than that. However, I do think it was the right move for me as I was able to see the writing on the wall and realize that you had become closer to your post-swap (OG Khonsu) allies than you were to me. I do believe that we probably had at least a bit of a future in this game together but I was worried that if I trusted you too much then you would have eventually cut me for Brady/Daniel/Zac/Tiff and so I wanted to strike first. It may have been rash but I stand by it.

I hope you read some of my other answers because I've addressed the immunity thing a few times and I totally recognize why a lot of people have a bad taste in their mouths because of it. However, I would 100% disagree with the idea that I wasn't making moves because of my necklace. I touched on this in my speech but having the luxury of safety around my neck actually made me even MORE empowered to make moves. I never once decided to "take it easy." I was the one pming everyone every night after the TC thread was posted (probably to the point of annoying people) instead of waiting for the next day (or even the last hour before the vote deadline) to strategize.

The F11 round in which you were voted off (and I spent a considerable amount of time trying to get Newz and Jigsaw on board to do this) was quite possibly the hardest I ever played in this game, and I was immune that whole round. So no, I absolutely have to push back against the idea that I didn't make moves during the rounds I was immune. I swung the tribe to vote you out at F11 when I was immune, I flipped on Sanda at F7 when I was immune, and I was also basically the swing vote at F5 when I was immune (Clair ended up voting Daniel because I told her I would be voting Daniel). So really some of my biggest moves in this game were when I was immune.

What part of my game separates me from the jury? I genuinely feel that I played harder and faster than anyone in the jury and either of the two finalists sitting next to me. They played passive, which is a totally valid and oftentimes better way to play the game, but I saw an opportunity and took it. 7 immunities sounds like a pathetic joke but I think it's a testament to how much of myself I gave to this game and I feel like it should be viewed as an addition to my strategic game rather than a negative.
1442 days 21 hours ago
ZacPed
Daniel:

A move I made all by myself is actually one I made tonight at your vote off. Frankly Daniel, I did want you out at that vote because you were definitely liked more than Brady by the jury and Sagar was immune. However, I knew everyone was voting for you and I did not want to risk you having an idol and taking Brady out. To stop that from happening I voted Clair so that in case of an idol there would be a tie and Clair would go instead of Brady.

No one in the game had any idea I was doing this and I felt is the best move to maintain my word to you, and Brady. Thanks Daniel!
1442 days 21 hours ago
CoachWade
(Clair ended up voting Daniel because I told her I would be voting Daniel).

I’m going to write my jury stuff tomorrow but I’d like to call bullshit to this scenario because in defense of Clair, I def don’t think that was it lmao
1442 days 21 hours ago
ZacPed
Drew:

I'm not claiming those votes, all I'm saying is I voted those people out and no one else in the f3 can say that. You cannot deny that I did play an integral role in our swap tribe. Along with Daniel I was in the best position for that stage of the game.

It's not entitlement, it's confidence, which is something I believe you need as a survivor winner. Confidence that I was able to vote off who I wanted each vote, confident that my social game helped me get here with just one vote, and confident that I was a loyal and true player who made it to the end off of my bonds alone.
1442 days 21 hours ago
Bulldozer24
Zac
1.) give me a break you did NOT come up with either the chris or matt votes stop giving yourself so much credit
2.) Although it may be cool to try and stir things up and rogue votes here and there, you are sadly mistaken if you think that earns you the votes of jury members you didnt vote for
3.) I feel like your not being straight up and giving me something that puts you over the edge compared to Sagar. You conversation with Ethan is not a good answer for me. Everyone knew he was going it was unanimous you can't claim him as a move and that does not seem like that one conversation was going to ruin you position in this game. Your answers have been not honest, passive, and doesnt give me any sort of positive image on your game play. I hope u can reiterate your game better with other players because you have lost me
1442 days 20 hours ago
obscurity
@Daniel ANOTHER IMMUNITY QUESTION?????????? LMAO jk I will answer thoroughly of course but I do hope you read what I've wrote to the other jurors so far because I feel like my answer probably gets less coherent each time hahaha

Okay so let me just stop you immediately. No, I don't think I could have won this game with only a single immunity win. I will own up to that 100%.

However, I also don't know why that would disqualify me from winning this game. I've come to realize that a certain point in 20 years of Survivor being on TV, a lot of people have a perception of immunity wins as a bad thing when I see it as an element of the game that you can use to your advantage as you see fit. Just looking at the last 11 or so winners of Survivor, I can count at least 5 that at some point arguably relied on an immunity win at some point in the game.

Now that I think about your question more, let me actually change my answer. I do think I could have made it to the end with a single immunity win, because if I had only won a single immunity, then I would never have appeared as an immunity threat and this whole debate would actually be moot.

Let's say for the sake of argument I only won the swap immunity when both tribes went to TC.

Merge vote - Ethan goes, same dynamics
F11 vote, I'm not immune this time. I do the same thing and flip on Drew, he goes home.
F10 vote, Same thing happens and Sanda idols out Tiffany.
F9 I'm immune but I use my relationship with Newz and Jigsaw for them to target Hadley over me. I am okay with Hadley leaving the game at this point because it keeps my target small.
F8 Jigsaw evaced.
F7 - I'm not immune. At this point if I'm not the big immunity threat of the season, then it is probably Sanda who is the obvious threat. She goes in the same circumstances.
F6 - Newz volunteers.
F5 - At this point, people are not worried about me winning the F4 challenge because I don't win shit. I lose this immunity to Brady and I'm the swing between Daniel/Clair and Brady/Zac. I vote out Daniel.
F4. I lose immunity. Brady and Zac vote me but Clair and I vote for Brady. I play Brady in FMC and I think I can beat him.

So literally I just played out the entire season again but with me only winning one immunity (and FMC at the end). Nothing significant changes. Obviously this is HUGELY speculative but I think it's worth thinking about the fact that if I don't win any immunities, you can make the argument that I would never have been a target when I was vulnerable in the first place. I just decided to go all out on the immunities because I knew I had a good shot at going on a huge run with this cast.
1442 days 20 hours ago
DanielzSnooz
Okay well thanks both of you. I think I’ve decided who I’m going to vote for. Wish the best of luck to both of u and see u at the reunion!
1442 days 20 hours ago
ZacPed
Newz:

It was great talking to you too! I'd like to add about your point that we would've taken out sagar at f6. Sagar said earlier that me giving them the idol clue was a mistake, but this was really all to gain Sagar's trust so that we could pull off that blindside.

I've said this in previous answers but I did blindside Brady and Daniel on separate occasions. Brady with the Matt vote and Daniel with the Sanda vote. I took out there potential allies so that in their eyes I was the only choice they had as a number one ally. I hope this answer helped y'all see that it was not them making the decisions every vote.
1442 days 20 hours ago
CoachWade
Merge vote - Ethan goes, same dynamics
F11 vote, I'm not immune this time. I do the same thing and flip on Drew, he goes home.
F10 vote, Same thing happens and Sanda idols out Tiffany.
F9 I'm immune but I use my relationship with Newz and Jigsaw for them to target Hadley over me. I am okay with Hadley leaving the game at this point because it keeps my target small.
F8 Jigsaw evaced.
F7 - I'm not immune. At this point if I'm not the big immunity threat of the season, then it is probably Sanda who is the obvious threat. She goes in the same circumstances.
F6 - Newz volunteers.
F5 - At this point, people are not worried about me winning the F4 challenge because I don't win shit. I lose this immunity to Brady and I'm the swing between Daniel/Clair and Brady/Zac. I vote out Daniel.
F4. I lose immunity. Brady and Zac vote me but Clair and I vote for Brady. I play Brady in FMC and I think I can beat him.

So literally I just played out the entire season again but with me only winning one immunity (and FMC at the end). Nothing significant changes. Obviously this is HUGELY speculative but I think it's worth thinking about the fact that if I don't win any immunities, you can make the argument that I would never have been a target when I was vulnerable in the first place. I just decided to go all out on the immunities because I knew I had a good shot at going on a huge run with this cast.

I’m sorry but this entire thing is flawed AF. You would not be there without all those immunity wins and you fucking know that.
1442 days 20 hours ago
haycsclair
I'm working on my speech now. ❤️
1442 days 20 hours ago
ZacPed
Drew:

Well I'm being completely honest with my answers. I'm owning the game I played. You want an honest conversation I give it to you. I explained my moves to you, I'm not lying. I feel you just don't respect the kind of game I play which is respectable, but I feel I have explained my game in a positive light.

I made the best vote for my own game each time. When I voted incorrectly I knew ahead of time this would happen because I was well aware of how the game was being played across all sides. I won a very hard comp when a win was necessary for my game. That's my game no funny business, if you can't respect that, that's on you.
1442 days 20 hours ago
obscurity
@Newz "Also just a note on the F6, while this may surprise you, you were going to go home had you lost immunity and I didn't volunteer to go home. Brady, Zac, Daniel and myself would have voted for you."

Ah well...that's a bummer LMAO. Obviously that detracts from some of the arguments I've been making but all I can say is thank you for volunteering and somehow bailing my ass out I guess. Daniel said in his statement that a lot of my game was luck and honestly, I'm not going to sit here and deny that. But luck is a part of a lot of winning games of Survivor and so I'll power through with the rest of your questions.

Can I also ask since this has come up in other people's questions: If Hadley was immune at F9 and I wasn't, would you have voted me? I've made the argument that I could convince you and Jig to not do that and maybe vote Sanda instead but if I'm wrong on that, feel free to tell me and the jurors.

So my questions for you are the following:
1. Perception from jury is that you sheeped Hadley. Do you agree or disagree with this statement?

1. Nah I absolutely disagree with that. I think Hadley would as well, and I'm actually caught by surprise that some jurors believe that to be the case. I think Hadley and I had a solid partnership and she was probably my rock especially during the early merge but I would never say I sheeped her and would never say she sheeped me either. Hadley also left at F9 and there was a lot of game that was played after that that I played very much on my own.

2. Can I dip into pre-merge here? I think I really should take the moment to emphasize that even though I was obviously safe for a lot of the merge, I spent the first 3 rounds of this game on a considerably weak tribe with unstable footing which is very different than how most people perceived me in this game. If I remember correctly (and I very well could be wrong about this, it's just so long ago), I couldn't even show up (or at the very least, couldn't be very helpful) in the first 2 challenges that we ended up losing. So I could have been a very easy target. Really the power player on pre-swap Sobek was Chris, and he dictated a LOT of how those early votes went. I haven't talked much about him since he didn't make merge but he was a very early and very close ally for me in this game. I do believe that being sort of power-adjacent to Chris and staying in his immediate circle (there were like...8 different chats made throughout that entire mess of a pre-merge and I believe I was in all of them if not most of them) kept my name off the chopping block when I very easily could have been targeted early. So yeah just take my merge game that you know very well and picture the exact opposite and that was my pre-merge game, which kind of shows a bit of versatility from me this season.

Also hope your situation is okay and take care. I also enjoyed talking to you as always, that goes without saying
1442 days 20 hours ago
Bulldozer24
Well Zac thats where your wrong because I never once said I disrespected your gameplay i said i dont think it deserves my jury vote which is what you need to win. I want you to bring out the best of your game and its not enough to sway me, im just doing my job on the jury ive been in the dark for so long. Own your game but i need more passion and fight because i dont see it
1442 days 20 hours ago
obscurity
@Brady I think you misunderstood my point though. If I won literally no immunities, would I have ever been a huge target (or at least as big of a target as I was) in the endgame?

So like I guess what I'm saying is that maybe if I only won 3 or 4 immunities then sure, I could have easily been voted out mid-merge for being a decent-sized threat. But in those binary scenarios where I win like 0 immunities vs. 7 immunities, I can very easily see the game playing out very similarly because the question of me being a threat would not be as important. People would see me as someone they could easily get out next round, or the round after that.

Newz was playing basically the best game, I think a lot of us agreed on that, and yet he was never targeted because he didn't show up to immunities or didn't do too hot in them. I don't know if that was intentional strategy (bc I know he can pull out wins when he has to) but it does kind of speak to my point that you can get VERY far in this game even as a "big threat" without winning a single immunity just like you can get far by winning a shit-ton of immunities. Both are valid ways of playing.

So like Newz is saying that I would have got 6th if he didn't volunteer. I believe that. But what exactly was your guys' plan because I could have EASILY seen Newz winning the two finale immunities and then destroying this game in the FTC. Newz and I took two almost opposite approaches to the game, and yes, he did it 1000x better than me and I got lucky that he volunteered to go. But I won't sit here and give up because of that.

open group

Will's Survivor: Malawi [APPS OPEN]

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!