This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Final Tribal Council

Topic » Final Tribal Council

1443 days 1 hour ago
ITZ3THAN
the other two, broke a lot of trust. You have to earn that back.
1443 days 1 hour ago
Imopink1
Clair you made f3 love lol. You’re not on the jury
1443 days 1 hour ago
obscurity
@Ethan sorry to hear that but I get it and I don't blame you

@Hadley Thanks for asking this, I'd love to talk about the immunity thing. So I'm not oblivious and I realize that winning a shit-ton of immunities can and will NEVER replace playing an actual social and strategic game. I also realize that it leaves a hella bad taste in the mouths of jurors, many of whom never had the luxury of that protection even once, let alone 5 or 6 or 7 times.

I've actually been in this position quite a few times in group games before where I make the F3 after winning more than my fair share of immunities.
Sometimes it works out for me and sometimes it doesn't, but I do usually try to emphasize: 1) if the opportunity is there, I will absolutely 100% take it. I don't throw comps and I can't really bring myself to throw them, ESPECIALLY just to make myself less of a threat.

2) Every time I won immunity, I was essentially betting on myself to be able to manage my bigger target, either by doubling down and winning immunity again or scrambling the fuck out of the game

3) I NEVER once rested on my laurels and decided to take an "off-day" and let everyone else play around me. I think everyone can attest to the fact that I was out there grinding on Skype every single night regardless of whether I was immune or not, because I wanted to make sure I at least set myself up for the next day when I may not necessarily be immune.

4) Of all the twists and advantages that they throw into every season of Survivor, the immunity necklace has been the one constant and has been there since Episode 1 of Season 1 and has never gone away. I feel that immunity challenges are an integral part of the game and I don't want to try to downplay that part of my game or feel any shame over it.

OKAY now to answer your actual question LMAO
So I think I touched on this in my opening speech but I do feel that the relationship I had built with Newz and Jigsaw was hugely important for this mid-merge part of my game. I also think that was the one difference between me and you in the game. We were both in VERY similar positions and yes, I very easily could have been voted out if I had lost that tiebreaker, but the key difference was that you had no relationship with Newz/Jigsaw (in fact you were actively against them at this point) whereas I had spent quite a bit of time ever since the Lukas vote building trust with them. I had a really active chat with those 2 and Clair. Obviously, after I lied to them during the F10 round, there was a good chance they would want retaliation but I don't think that was the case. I genuinely think Newz and Jigsaw wouldn't vote for me here because they knew I would be a number for them against Brady and Daniel down the line. Newz can comment on this if I'm completely wrong about this.
1443 days 1 hour ago
obscurity
i type way too much sorry lmao if you want a shorter version lmk
1443 days 1 hour ago
Bulldozer24
Well final three ive been sitting on this jury for a while i have a lot to learn and ask about all of your games. Sorry Clair straight up you do NOT have my vote, my questions will be directed to Sagar and Zac.

Sagar-
My man you were right when u said you played my vote wrong, you absolutely did betraying my trust and maybe even my final jury vote. There are a lot of people here who are saying that you would have left without the necklace and you were not making moves because of this safety. I have two questions for you. What part of your games separates you from the rest of the jury and ultimately deserves you the win? Second, were u ever driving votes or what was you perception of the game, because that is not always reality

Zac-
Well Zac i dont have many positives to say towards you besides that i think you were loyal, but a lot of you conversations were passive just telling people what you want them to hear. I have two questions to you. What was one conversation you had in this game that you had to be straight up with someone even if it would have hurt your position in the game, who was that with and what was the talk about?
I also see you as someone who blindly preaches loyalty, sits behind the passenger seat the whole ride and somehow makes it to the end. You dont need to be a master challenge beast but at least show you care in the game to make some strategic moves. My second question to you is if your social game got you here, where was ur persuasion in the votes?
1443 days 1 hour ago
hadleykins13
ZAC: You say you built relationships, but if I recall, I fully built any relationship we had to service my own game with the other side of the tribe.  Explain to me, how me approching you an offering a lifeline was your move.

https://i.gifer.com/AI0g.gif
1443 days 1 hour ago
Bulldozer24
Also zac how can u claim the matt vote as yours?? just want to know because im confused you never came to me about that vote
1443 days 1 hour ago
DanielzSnooz
Hey guys congrats on making it here, you guys managed to do what we couldn't
My votes in the air honestly theres no clear cut winner here
Whoever I feel answers this best wins my vote

Zac - You were very loyal to me and Brady for most of this game and some may say you rode both of our coat tails until the end. I love you but I wanna ask what moves did you make by yourself without our help and how did that benefit you to get here?

Sagar - I think honestly you are lucky for winning every single challenge and the time that you didnt win, Newz wanted to go home. So my question is do you think you could have won this game with a single immunity and how would that journey look for u.

Good luck to you both
1443 days 1 hour ago
hadleykins13
CLAIR: As it looks right now, you don't deserve a single vote. You rode coat tails and are sitting there to get third place. Explain to me one startegic move you made that should have you crowned the winner.

https://i1.wp.com/www.purplerockpodcast.com//wp-content/uploads/2015/03/tumblr_lxo6ktv9701qbw8iso1_400.gif
1443 days ago
Bulldozer24
Plus Zac the chris vote you cant even claim either. Follow up question where is this sense of entitlement coming from
1443 days ago
obscurity
@Sanda Thanks for your kind words, it actually means a lot.

I answered a lot of this with my answer to Hadley but I'll take a different approach. I absolutely do believe I made smart moves. In fact, I firmly believe that every single move I made in this game was the correct one ASIDE from wasting the vote steal at F10 (I have you and your surprise idol play to thank for that) which I didn't end up needing anyway to be honest.

I made a relationship with every single juror in this game. Now, this isn't necessarily a good thing, because I had to turn my back on a lot of those people and I could have just as easily chosen to ignore all the people I didn't plan to bring to Final 3. But I play group games like I'm actually on the island (I'm a loser, basically) and I don't think it's realistic to totally ignore half the players just because they happen to not be on your side. I could have easily been a target at F12 and F10 (in fact I thought targeting me at F10 was so obvious that I was paranoid enough to play a vote steal but we'll put that aside for now..) but it was my relationships with power players on the "other side" like Brady and Daniel as well as more of the "middle people" like Newz and Jigsaw that kept me off the chopping block until it was too late for anyone to do anything about me because of my immunities.

I had a longer speech where I talked more about my relationship with you but I do think it was my key relationship in this game. We made this random-ass contract in the pre-merge. I didn't think anything of it at the time but it ended up coming into fruition quickly when we both had a common target in Lukas at the post-swap Khonsu TC. You ended up being a huge shield for me especially when I didn't win early merge immunities and I knew I had to rely on you in the beginning part of the merge. But when the friction started to happen between us and you blew up the contract in the main chat and also tried to disqualify me from that one immunity, I knew that our time in the game together was coming to an end quickly. At the time I was terrified I was putting myself in the minority and giving Brady + his number 2 Zac complete control of the game by flipping on you, but I do think it ended up being the right move that put me where I am instead of you, because I think you easily could have won the finale immunities like I did.
1443 days ago
obscurity
I also want to add that there were some parts of my game that were completely invisible to the jurors. I spent a LONG time looking for the rehidden merge idol after Tiffany was voted out with it. I ended up winning 3 clues and dedicated some time each day to look for it and absolutely could not find it at all.

But the point I want to make is: at the Final 6 immunity, I could have easily won the endurance immunity. But I also recognized that doing so would be absolute poison for my game and would only fuel the perception that I relied on immunities.

So I took a calculated risk and dropped out for Zac to win because I knew he wouldn't be my target that round anyway. However, I used this opportunity to build trust with Zac, who up until that point, was probably the person I had talked to the absolute least in this game.

I even got him to share the 4th idol clue with me when he won the immunity, which I think is a huge testament to my social game. I thought that Zac would get the 4th clue which would be a dead giveaway for the idol and then all that searching would be for nothing, but I actually was able to leverage my loss into receiving the clue from him, which I do believe was a strategic blunder on his part. I ended up not finding the idol anyway lmao but I still feel like this shoes that I kinda had my claws in all aspects of the game, and I never gave up even an inch to my competitors.
1443 days ago
OldNewz
Hi guys. First and foremost, congrats on making it to the F3. My vote isn't locked at all. It's pretty up in the air actually.

Clair: Sorry girl but you have no shot at getting my vote tonight. We barely talked and you rarely were involved in the gameplay. Lot of times it felt like you logged on 30 mins before vote deadline, asked what vote was, and that was it.

Zac: I really enjoyed talking to you man! Don't really have any negatives to say about your game. One perception of your game from ponderosa is that you relied on Brady and Daniel. Do you agree or disagree? Why? Could you also provide some examples or proof if you disagree?

Sagar: Also enjoyed talking to you however, my issue with your game is that your social bonds and alliances were rarely tested as you always had immunity. You were really only available to be voted out during the Ethan vote and Tiff vote. Besides that, you were always immune (even at F6, since I volunteered to go home). I do give you credit for winning all those challenges however, it's hard to give you credit for your social and strategic game when you pretty much were never at risk of going home.

Also just a note on the F6, while this may surprise you, you were going to go home had you lost immunity and I didn't volunteer to go home. Brady, Zac, Daniel and myself would have voted for you.

So my questions for you are the following:
1. Perception from jury is that you sheeped Hadley. Do you agree or disagree with this statement?
2. Can you provide some examples of when your social alliances saved you?
1443 days ago
ZacPed
Drew:

Well for one I was honest with how felt about votes for most of my conversations. Sure I told people what they wanted to hear, but that's a part of this game and the reason I'm where I am right now.

One conversation that I had to be straight up with was with Ethan at the first vote of he merge. He knew I was gunning after him, and I knew he was gunning for me. I told him that he had betrayed my trust from our first meeting of each other, and for that reason he would never have my trust.

As for how I persuaded votes. It may appear to you that I was the one riding the coattails of Brady and Daniel, but I think both of them can tell you I was always a vocal part of discussions for the votes, and I got the upper hand on both of them a few times in this game.

I think my persuasion on votes can be best seen on our swapped tribe. Tiffany had made themselves a huge target with their fight with Brady. So that round Daniel and I discussed voting someone else out to keep both of the bigger targets around. I came up with the idea of Matt since he was the one member of our tribe I did not speak to. I told Chris this plan as well and he gathered the rest of the votes. This was a total blindside to Brady. I knew doing this would actually help me gain trust with Brady because he had been isolated by everyone else.

Every round I would go along with whatever the plan was except if it did not benefit my game. This is the case for your vote out. I knew there were not numbers to keep you, and I attempted to flip the vote onto Clair instead of Hadley. If we had done this I believe you could've stayed that round. However, I did not vote for Hadley, I voted Sanda. 1. to play my own game not my alliances and 2. to cause some chaos since I knew Sanda would play into it.

To add to that, I had been preaching for most of the merge I wanted Sanda gone. Because of this people were willing to work with me to take her out at the f7. It wasn't me following the plans of strong players. Instead, I was driving my own car and steering into the direction that best brought me to the f3, and here I am.
1443 days ago
ZacPed
Hadley:

I play best in the position in where people think they have control of me. So it was a move on my part to go along with you and have you believe I would be playing my game to help yours.

We were both playing each other the same way. You needed me to get in the good graces of my alliance, and I needed you to do the same for me.

I believe it was my move and probably my best move to take your bait of a lifeline because it kept me safe when I needed it most which was the early merge. All love to you you were a great player!

open group

Will's Survivor: Malawi [APPS OPEN]

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!