This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Alexeh's TSC High Lights 2020

Topic » Alexeh's TSC High Lights 2020

1244 days 2 hours ago
Alexeh23
69th place: Confidence Man - Better Sit Down Boy
Sent by: Lachie227 (1st entry on the list)
6th place in TSC 407

I honestly was really hoping that I would be the host to give Lachie his first win and for a while I thought this could be the song to do it but, alas, TSC had other plans (and those plans involved me winning this week instead, whoops). This is so much fun while still having a lot of quality to it, I just really enjoy it. Unique, fun, and a banger. What more can you ask for?
1243 days 23 hours ago
MISSimogen
serpentwithfeet KING!!!!! male artist of the year yup
1237 days 5 hours ago
Alexeh23
i promise weekly instalments aren't the planned reveal method for this list i do intend on finishing it before the end of 2020
1237 days 5 hours ago
Alexeh23
68th place: Gabrielle Aplin - Strange
Sent by: Eoin (2nd entry on the list)
9th place in TSC 393

Last year I had two Gabrielle songs on my list and said "Gabrielle Aplin could probably shit into a microphone and make it onto my end of year list", so I'm sure it doesn't really come as much of a surprise that she's back again. I'd be lying if I said that I love her as much as I did last year, Dear Happy is easily her weakest album, but this is definitely one of the strongest songs from it. Solid modern bop.
1237 days 5 hours ago
Alexeh23
67th place: Taylor Kelly - California
Sent by: Lachie227 (2nd entry on the list)
20th place in TSC 403

Truly ahead of its time, this is so so gorgeous I almost feel BAD for putting it this low on my list but I just think other songs have done THIS better. That being said this is stunning and that chorus is really really gorg. I hope we see Taylor Kelly return to TSC in 2021 because I really want to hear more of THIS elevator music gorgeousness.
1237 days 5 hours ago
Alexeh23
66th place: AURORA - The River
Sent by: Insanity (2nd entry on the list)
11th place in TSC 399

As I continue to reference my 2019 list, I said that there was a specific AURORA song that would end up in my end of year top 10 if it were sent, and this was that song. And YET it's only 66th because like, how could I possibly keep that promise a year on? It was never realistic. This is stunning though, she always writes such powerful lyrics I love this. ROBBED of a top 10 finish.
1237 days 5 hours ago
Alexeh23
65th place: Carla Fernandes - Jungle
Sent by: MISSimogen (4th entry on the list)
20th place in TSC 387

SPEAKING OF ROBBED.... 20th place for this banger was some malicious gay f@ggotry. Everything about this is so smooth and boppy the whole way through and I'm always just left wanting more in the best way. I got massive contender vibes when I heard it for the first time so for it to come 20th... to put that into context in the same week ADELEN came 18th... ADELEN??? ADELEN WAS IN TSC THIS YEAR??? SHE BEAT THIS??? No words.
1235 days 21 hours ago
Alexeh23
64th place: Mauvais Oeil - Mektoub
Sent by: PennyTrationStan (4th entry on the list)
1st place in TSC 409

I think we can ALL agree that this song hasn't aged the best of all the TSC winners this year. That being said, it's still one of my most played songs of this year, so I had to honour it in at least some form on my list because when I loved it, I LOVED it. It doesn't shape up to other greater songs this year, but still an excellent, unique song merging French and Arabic sounds. A worthy winner!
1235 days 21 hours ago
Alexeh23
63rd place: JS16 x Stella Mwangi - In the Spot
Sent by: ganghandedcat (2nd entry on the list)
12th place in TSC 418

When I tell you my soul LEFT my body the first time I heard the first verse of this song, an astronomical serve. I really do wish the man was QUIET, because this song would be so much better with just Stella, but I do kinda love the chaotic energy that JS16 adds to it. It's such a mess but it's so good at the same time, and it hasn't really aged for me either like songs like this tend to. Banger, deserved top ten AT LEAST but this was a really strong week if I remember correctly so I can't be too upset/lose my temper like Dohnald Duck.
1235 days 21 hours ago
Alexeh23
62nd place: Minelli - Mariola
Sent by: hellocat (1st entry on the list)
6th place in TSC 387

On reflection, I probably should've but some already-revealed songs above this, but this is still a super solid Latin-inspired bop. Dare I say even better than Discoteka? Dare I say even better than her TSC winner?? Idk maybe I'm saying that maybe I'm not. Listening to this again I still really like it, mom snapped on this one.
1235 days 21 hours ago
Alexeh23
61st place: Vok - In the Dark
Sent by: NicoleF (1st entry on the list)
14th place in TSC 385

I fondly remember this as one of the stronger songs in an otherwise pretty weak contest that only really brought us Winona Oak + a listening party. I remember thinking this was gonna do a lot better than it ultimately did, and I still think it deserved a better result. It's a really solid, catchy song that I feel could've swept a lot of middling/solid points but I guess it didn't. I love it, ANYWAY.
1232 days 16 hours ago
Alexeh23
yes right this list still
1232 days 16 hours ago
Alexeh23
i feel like there have been a lot of links on this page maybe we need a new page
1232 days 16 hours ago
Alexeh23
perhaps
1232 days 16 hours ago
Alexeh23
h

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!