This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Alexeh's TSC High Lights 2020

Topic » Alexeh's TSC High Lights 2020

1240 days 15 hours ago
Alexeh23
80th place: Donika Nimani - Everyday
Sent by: MISSimogen (2nd entry on the list)
15th in TSC 393

The second (spoiler: and last) feature from MISSimogen's Swedish era, this is such an effortlessly cool song, not necessarily something I ever seek out but every time I hear it I enjoy it a lot. EVERYDAYEVERYDAYEVERYDAY just slays me. This is just such a bop overall and I'm kinda surprised it didn't do better because sonically it's very early 2020/late 2019 TSC bait.
1240 days 15 hours ago
Alexeh23
79th place: Agnes - Fingers Crossed
Sent by: PennyTrationStan (2nd entry on the list)
3rd place in TSC 413

The JOURNEY I have gone on with this song. I went from like to love to obsessed to SO bored to liking it to loving it and now I'm here, putting it 79th in my TSC songs of the year. It was originally like 99th but I pushed it up after listening again and here we are. It's not as good as her music from last year, but it's still very solid pop excellence and it screams TSC winner.
1240 days 15 hours ago
Alexeh23
78th place: Aly & AJ - Attack of Panic
Sent by: PennyTrationStan (3rd entry on the list)
12th place in TSC 383

This is like infinitely better than the song they won with and I don't care who hates me for that take. This is SO good and I slept on it at the time, pretty sure I ranked it 11th or 12th when it really deserved at least some points. It is a bit disjointed but when it slaps it slaps HARD. Moms.
1240 days 15 hours ago
Alexeh23
77th place: NOTD, Nina Nesbitt - Cry Dancing
Sent by: r*cktworick1 (1st entry on the list)
3rd place in TSC 409

Very fun modern dance pop, this very easily could've been a TSC winner and frankly I think if Rick had won with this song it wouldn't have made it to this list x Doesn't exactly blow me away or anything, but it's so strong and solid and enjoyable when I listen to it. Great song.
1240 days 15 hours ago
Slice
waits patiently for my first entry
1240 days 15 hours ago
Alexeh23
good things come to those who wait x
1240 days 14 hours ago
PennyTrationStan
tea
1239 days 8 hours ago
Alexeh23
76th place: Melisa Carolina - Poco
Sent by: varlto (2nd entry on the list)
DID NOT QUALIFY in TSC 403

MUEVELO UN POCO POCO POCO POCO POCO POCO POCO

HOW did this NQ??? Was it worms on the brain?? Were the voters in this semi just not listening?? Did everyone figure out it was Alvaro and therefore naturally boycott?? So many theories and yet the robbery remains. This obviously slaps most in the chorus and the rest is just good, but as a whole package it's good enough to end up here in my list. It brings me great jo- dismay to confirm that this is Alvaro's exit from my list as we enter the second quarter.
1239 days 8 hours ago
Alexeh23
75th place: ABIR - Yallah
Sent by: Patrick319 (2nd entry on the list)
8th place in TSC 409

One of the many 2020 victims of being a clickrace that maybe wasn't *quite* good enough to be a TSC winner, and therefore was a little bit robbed in the end. Also a victim of being in the same week as Mauvais Oeil who did the sound better. This is still really great though, the ethnic vibes throughout really do it for me. I think this is the only ABIR song I've ever really cared for because the headache that is Young & Rude will always be nothing more than a headache. <3 The last part where she just screams and the instrumental goes off is excellence.
1239 days 8 hours ago
Alexeh23
74th place: Conrad - No God
Sent by: Eoin (1st entry on the list)
6th place in TSC 388

I mean we can all agree that TSC 388 didn't happen, but if it did, this would've been the best song from it (sorry LIZOT and Holy Molly you're still not a new artist). I didn't like this at the time but it's grown on me a lot since and aged pretty well in the months following its appearance. A great vocal and a really strong chorus, super super solid. One of the best men Eoin sent this year (sorry Dotter).
1239 days 8 hours ago
Alexeh23
73rd place: LÉON - Who You Lovin
Sent by: Patrick319 (3rd entry on the list)
8th place in TSC 393

It's IMPOSSIBLE for LÉON to sound bad on a piece of music, everything she does is always so melodically pretty. This isn't her best, it's probably far from it which is why it's only here, but still a really strong song with such a pretty, solid chorus. Gorg as always.
1234 days 13 hours ago
Alexeh23
I know you've missed Alexeh's TSC High Lights 2020 over the last 4 days, don't lie, I know you have.
1234 days 13 hours ago
Alexeh23
72nd place: serpentwithfeet - Cherubim
Sent by: MISSimogen (3rd entry on the list)
4th place in TSC 414

One of my favourite things about doing these lists every year is commenting on songs I didn't initially get to comment on because I was hosting. My reaction when I saw this song in my mails that week was truly something because I've loved serpentwithfeet for a long time and this is actually one of my faves even though I know that's not a popular opinion with SOMEONE. It's so unique I kinda can't believe it came 4th but it's just so good. It's not the kinda thing I can listen to on repeat or anything, and I have to be in the right mood, but yeah, art.
1234 days 13 hours ago
Alexeh23
71st place: Tayla Parx - Dance Alone
Sent by: QueenM1chelle (2nd entry on the list)
6th place in TSC 415

Did I kinda sleep on this because it was in such a strong week? Perhaps. If this was sent last year it'd be like top 20 or 30 in my list because it's just that brand of EXCELLENCE that has become more prominent across the second half of this year and it's only made it up to here because there are other songs I love more. This is such a gorgeous bop though I love her voice so much and the instrumentation the whole way through, especially in the chorus, is gorg. Looooove.
1234 days 13 hours ago
Alexeh23
70th place: Dagny - Somebody
Sent by: rodrigueseve (2nd entry on the list)
1st place in TSC 402

Shock boot? Maybe, idk. I was definitely in love with this a LOT more than I am now back when it was originally sent, there was a period of this year where I was kinda obsessed with Dagny's music (maybe there's another Dagny song on this list? Idk, that would be telling) and that period feels like ancient history now, but I still had to honour this song regardless because it's such solid pop excellence, and Rod getting a much deserved win was great to see!

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!