This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Alexeh's TSC High Lights 2020

Topic » Alexeh's TSC High Lights 2020

1217 days 7 hours ago
Alexeh23
Once again sponsored by Charlotte Adigéry of course.

From the production that has brought taste, insight and fortune-telling...

https://i.imgur.com/DiOXgRX.gif

I bring you Alexeh's TSC High Lights 2020 - a rundown of my top 100 entries of the year! It's been an incredible year musically for TSC, with a wider variety of music being entered which meant my shortlist was much higher than it previously has been, so if your songs are lower than you expected, well, that's not my problem. #DoBetter

As with last year, I'm not including any theme weeks in which an entry would usually be disallowed, so that's Names Week, TV/Movies Week, Unused ESC Week, Error 404, Second Chances and TSC 420, and I'm not including my own because that'd be boring all my entries slayed.

Good luck! x
1217 days 7 hours ago
Alexeh23
100th place: Dua Lipa - Hallucinate
Sent by: Darbe (1st entry on the list)
1st place in TSC 389

Let's start the list as we mean to go on by getting a winner out first! Honestly Dua Lipa is NEVER my winner (justice for Noa Kirel) but obviously Future Nostalgia is an exceptional album and this is one of the most well-rounded songs on it even if it's not my favourite necessarily. She does kinda piss me off now and I can't explain why and I don't listen to this song anymore but yeah I can't deny a bop when I hear one and I do love it when Darbe wins it feels like a win for all of TSC when Darbe wins.
1217 days 7 hours ago
Alexeh23
99th place: Ava Max - Kings & Queens
Sent by: PennyTrationStan (1st entry on the list)
2nd place in TSC 389

The way this list is already a mess with the reversed top two of the same week being the first two songs on it. <3 And one of them is my sworn enemy Ava Max. <3 The implications this song has in TSC history are just too powerful I couldn't not include this bop on my list. I feel like I just like Ava more/hate her less between this and her iconic Roblox album streaming party (I went but still haven't streamed her album and have no plans of doing so). It feels so weird to say that this was sent in an era BEFORE Penny had ever won a TSC.
1217 days 7 hours ago
Alexeh23
98th place: NEIKED feat. MIMI - Call Me
Sent by: Darbe (2nd entry on the list)
21st place in TSC 398

I promise that the whole list isn't as messy/generic/mainstream as this. This was originally my 100th place because I don't consider it a 2020 song at all but since listening to it more while making my list I had to bump it up just a little bit. This song was released before I even joined TSC and I must have assumed it had just been sent to a week I wasn't here for because I've always loved this song and probably would've sent it at the time. Hearing it again in 2020 gives me a new layer of appreciation for it there are actually some really cute production quirks to it that I really love.
1217 days 7 hours ago
Alexeh23
97th place: BANKS - Contaminated
Sent by: jojo7784 (1st entry on the list)
5th place in TSC 405

We lose our first player overall with this one as jojo7784 reaches the end of the line, it's been short but sweet. <3 2019 was kinda the year I really got into BANKS after pretending she didn't make good music for years before that and so I wasn't even surprised when this song completely slayed me back in 405. It's not her best song, but there's just so much good in this song, the production is SO good and those little parts that attack your ears are just <3333. Doesn't have much replay value to it, which is why it's here, but gorg.
1217 days 1 hour ago
PennyTrationStan
https://i.imgur.com/DiOXgRX.gif
1217 days 1 hour ago
Alexeh23
you don't mind me taking credit for all 350 of your wins this year right?
1217 days ago
Slice
99th place: Ava Max - Kings & Queens
Sent by: PennyTrationStan (1st entry on the list)
2nd place in TSC 389

tom did not send this garbage to tsc... ur joking
1216 days 23 hours ago
Alexeh23
96th place: Klara & Jag - Måste jag dö?
Sent by: MISSimogen (1st entry on the list)
25th place in TSC 394

Strap yourselves in because you're in for a LOT of MISSimogen on this list, this is just the beginning. I hosted this week so didn't get a chance to comment on this song but I think I gave it a 12? Or very high points anyway, it's just such a cute uplifting bop that makes a good use of a familiar sample. The verses I can take or leave but this is still such a cute enjoyable song that deserves a place in my top 100.
1216 days 23 hours ago
Alexeh23
95th place: CXLOE - Devil You Don't
Sent by: Talian (1st entry on the list)
1st place in TSC 381

I remember discovering this song over Christmas last year and being like yup this is my first TSC entry of 2020. But apparently TALIAN had other ideas!! I hate hosting. I was obsessed with this when it first came out but it has since grown off me, either due to overplaying or just because it hasn't aged particularly well in comparison to other, more flavourful entries this year, but it's still a very solid song and a worthy winner. Really like the contrast between the more lowkey verses and the bigger electronic chorus.
1216 days 23 hours ago
Alexeh23
94th place: Mia Rodriguez - Psycho
Sent by: Dusty12910 (1st entry on the list)
19th place in TSC 391

Tragically the only Dusty12910 entry to appear on the list, gone but not forgotten, fly high angle. <3 This song is like Melanie Martinez if she were tolerable, there's so much about it that I shouldn't like but even to this day it goes off too much for that. I'm never slain by it and it's far from the most exciting/original song of the year, hence why it crashes out here, but I enjoy it every time I listen to it and rarely wanna skip which I think is a win.
1216 days 23 hours ago
Alexeh23
93rd place: Bow Anderson - Sweater
Sent by: Insanity (1st entry on the list)
10th place in TSC 389

Somehow the third song from TSC 389 to appear within the first 8 songs of this list. This was originally higher but I've swapped it last minute for the song that was originally supposed to be 93rd because I just don't think that deserves to be out yet. There was a time in my life where I LOVED this song and there's a 2016 part of myself that really loves this but it's one of those songs that hasn't particularly aged that well. Can still recognise that it's a GOOD song and it was nice to have this brief experience of Bow Anderson before she added ", the Meghan Trainor tribute act" to her name.
1216 days 20 hours ago
MISSimogen
this list is the ONLY reason i compete in tsc amen <3
1216 days 19 hours ago
bibbles
so many lists!
1216 days 3 hours ago
Alexeh23
92nd place: Parah Dice, Holy Molly - Everybody's Scared
Sent by: QueenM1chelle (1st entry on the list)
15th place in TSC 382

I distinctly remember this being in one of the worst weeks in the year and closing and me thinking "wow the winner is HERE" only for it to come 15th? The mistreatment of QueenM1chelle. This is so effortlessly cool it's always so good to listen to and dare I say it the best entry this year to come from "new artist" Holy Molly. I can only think that the TSC voting force felt threatened by this song and that's why it didn't even get top 10. Strategic voting kills.
1216 days 3 hours ago
Alexeh23
91st place: Lennon Stella - BITCH
Sent by: PoohSnap (1st entry on the list)
25th place in TSC 383

We continue our streak of robbed songs from early 2020 with this queen. Unfortunately this is where PoohSnap tragically leaves the list but the impact on 2019 is still fresh in my memory. I loved this song before TSC which for these early songs means I see this as more of a 2019 song than a 2020 one (I'd completely forgotten it was actually in TSC this year before compiling this list) but regardless it's such a good song, the chorus is so catchy. Love.

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!