This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 416 Final

Topic » TSC 416 Final

1299 days 7 hours ago
hellomynameis347
1. La Lana - TOOT - Honestly, what a bop. Spoiler for ESCT but I’ve fallen in love with this in the past couple weeks so it should be getting some good points from me.

2. ZESKULLS, Tara Rautenbach - NOOT - I love the melody but I hate the mixing, so idk how to feel about this overall.

3. Lapsley - TOOT - This is just such a good entry. One of my favorites from my library and I’m glad to see it back again.

4. YUKIKA - SHOOT - How did this not qualify originally? One of the best releases from Korea this year, and a great example of how to do retro in K-pop right.

5. Ruti - TOOT - I love her voice! I wish there was a bit more going on in the verses, but this is really solid.

6. Fletcher - TOOT - The fact that this and Andra Day were sent in the same week and CALVIN HARRIS won has made me lose faith in TSC entirely once again. Rather underwhelming from her, but still really solid.

7. Kelela - BOOT - Not feeling this one. The vocals are okay but the instrumental is just way too much.

8. Chappell Roan - SHOOT - ICON! Y’all really need to get your ears checked because letting this finish outside the top 5 the first time it was sent was a crime.
https://media3.giphy.com/media/fSLaRb5dP8jf6ZlEyU/giphy.gif

9. LEPARIINU - BOOT - I’m usually a fan of these types of songs, but this vocal is just so offensive. She’s airy and whiny and pitchy all at once and I can’t stand it.

10. Rina Sawayama - BOOT - Add this to the ever-growing list of Rina songs I can’t stand. I’m still just waiting for her to release something else as good as Bad Friend.

11. Ravyn Lenae - BOOT - My dislike for R&B/most retro music is showing, because I just couldn’t get into this entry. There’s just something off about the way the vocal interacts with the rest of the song.

12. Hello Operator - BOOT - Bibbles winning a semi with a song with swear words in it was truly a moment in TSC history, but y’all let the wrong Bibbles entry qualify this week.

13. Katie - TOOT - Oh what a queen. I’m always here for some good American-influenced K-pop, and this fits the bill perfectly.

14. MARINA & THE DIAMONDS - BOOT - This was such an underwhelming MARINA song, surprised it was sent in the first place.

15. A R I Z O N A - NOOT - This would be really good if more happened. All the elements are there, but it’s just such a boring listen.

16. Kah-Lo - BOOT - It’s not offensive, there’s just nothing about it that really makes it stand out. Very one-note throughout.

17. ROSALIA - TOOT - As weird as the MV is, the song was actually a pretty nice listen. Very well put-together, and her delivery works.

18. Lucia Fernanda - BOOT - I’m still really not crazy about this song. It’s in desperate need of a chorus.

19. Of Monsters and Men - TOOT - Not their best, but it won ESCT for a reason.

20. Little Nikki - BOOT - That was just so trashy in the worst possible way.

21. Natalia Kills - BOOT -No thanks <3.

22. Booty Luv - BOOT - This is just extremely forgettable 2000s pop compressed into one song.
1299 days 5 hours ago
Talian
01) 🟠 La Lana : I feel the chorus kinda saves the song from complete doom but overall the song doesn’t really appeal to me. The instrumental on particular.

02) 🟠 ZESKULLZ, Tara Rautenbach : I just feel this doesn’t pick up like ever. But it should.

03) 🟢 Låpsley : yeah I just love this song. The atmosphere, the vocals. Just aced. This doesn’t pick up either, but it didn’t even need to.

04) 🟡 YUKIKA : didn’t really excite me to the fullest, but it sure was a fine listen.

05) 🟢 Ruti : this was just so smoothing. Live stage vocals and the instrumental and overall it kinda made me go somewhere else that I can always appreciate.

06) 🔴 Fletcher : I didn’t know she went that way back with music. But yeah... I think I will keep on pretending she hasn’t released anything before 2018.

07) 🟡 Kelela : it starts so strong and so exciting. Then the chorus hits and it kinda goes lost especially with the drop but overall I can’t say I was displeased.... completely.

08) 🟠 Chappell Roan : was this my first pick and I also got accepted for like a couple of hours? Yes. With that being said it’s literally not my chords but the chorus is kinda fun.

09) 🔴 LEPATRIINU : the vocals are very grating and the song sounds kinda cheap.

10) 🟡 Rina Sawayama : definitely not her best. The chorus is not that great but the verses are and overall I think I really enjoyed this.

11) 🟢 Ravyn Lenae : oof that chorus is just everything and overall the song just shines on its own. But those vocals pull it all together so nicely I can’t even.

12) 🟢 Hello Operator : you know you can give me anything even remotely reminiscing of Arctic Monkeys and I would just eat it up like dinner.

13) 🟡 Katie : I think it’s the first time in my life in which a drop saves a song for me. I was so ready to write this off by this mediocre verses and slightly better chorus but then that drop came in and I was somehow sold.

14) 🟡 MARINA & THE DIAMONDS : way distant from my fav of her work. I hate the chorus but the initial verse is just so iconic.

15) 🟢 A R I Z O N A : ok fine maybe I’m just a little thirsty for the frontman’s cute mustached face. But yeah I love the song. We all know it.

16) 🟢Kah-Lo : I think i totally hated it the first time around but then this plays constantly at my gym that they brainwashed me into liking this.

17) 🟢 ROSALÍA : Just one word : masterpiece.

18) 🟢 Lucia Fernanda : You already know that by giving me any Spanish song with that guitar and I would do anything for you.

19) 🟠 Of Monsters and Men : I totally hated it the fist time in ESCT. Now it’s not that bad but also it really doesn’t speak to me at all I am afraid.

20) 🟡 Little Nikki : cheap? Yes. Stupid lyrics? Yes. Do I care? No. This bops.

21) 🟢 Natalia Kills : I need her comeback now. Like... find a single flaw in this. I dare you.

22) 🟢 Booty Luv : this is just so fun. Definitely reminds me of the afternoon spent in front of MTV in 2001. Good times.
1299 days 4 hours ago
PennyTrationStan
01) La Lana - BOOT - this qualifying to the finals was, indeed, SO MESSED UP. i mean duh, i knew this would qualify and i knew this would be here so i can't say i'm surprised but... i really don't see the hype? i mean i can definetly see the appeal but it's just very generic and that chorus is kind of over-produced and kind of grating? specially that final chorus which is so cluttered and noisy. i respect it for what it is but this has never really clicked with me, and don't think it will.
02) ZESKULLZ, Tara Rautenbach - NOOT - after the likes of this and other lesser songs nqed over u.s. girls (LITERALLY in my top 10 songs of the year if i do make one of those shitty lists with write-ups and stuff, i'm not making that list but maybe i should i mean i'm not because i have things to do but yeah), i was ready to not LIKE THAT but... actually? i'm not really sure where this stands. i actually really like and appreciate the 2017 production teas for some reason but her voice is INCREDIBLY grating. it's kinda funny that this NQed given how it sounds but yeah. this stands in that fine line between mediocrity and being decent. like, sure, it's edible, but why serve yourself THAT when you can have a full course meal?
03) Låpsley - TOOT - phew, here we go! iirc i kind of underscored this by giving it a 3 in the contest it was on but i do remember really enjoying this and... yeah! my opinion is pretty much the same. a gorgeous little atmospheric understated indie song about heartbreak, seriously these lyrics hit. got time for this the first merry go round and still do. MY LOVE IS still LIKE THE RAIN, and it IS the sweet sound after the drought. probably gonna do this dirty again while voting cause this week looks insanely strong but i do really like this song!!
04) YUKIKA - TOOT - still have night terrors over this NQing over some of the literal GARBAGE in the semi it was on but OH WELL, this is still one of the best songs in TSC this year and i am SO happy and SO SO relieved it got paid its dues unlike OTHER deserving songs -- seriously, fuck you guys for making u.s. girls nqing literally FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU -- i am still kind of obsessed with the debut album. think it's the best iteration of disco i've heard in k-pop and really who's doing it like her? if you get it you get it, if you don't you don't, if you know you know.
05) Ruti - TOOT - i spent the entire song trying to think back where i have heard this song before... and i still have no idea. regardless, i enjoyed this! feels oddly nostalgic and it does sound like a mood-setter for a perfect night driving in a RACING CAR(S????). good song!
06) Fletcher - NOOT - it's so funny how a 2016 song can sound so "of its time"... god we're getting old huh. this is a very FINE song by fletcher which honestly seems to be her motto at this point. i don't know, i just don't get the hype over her, nothing she's done has necessarily made me get the hype so. that said, i didn't DISLIKE it but i wouldn't say i liked it either. it gets a MOR rating for being such a MOR song i guess.
07) Kelela - SHOOT -
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/95/50/61/9550611aa1fd2611b1d6f286a4e812bf.gif
ladies... have you ever been struck by lightning?
five days ago marked the THIRD year anniversary for "take me apart", kelela's debut album and... my god, what an absolute opus. some of y'all white woman scandipop stans can only WISH their fave dropped an album as creative, strong, visionary, intricate, legitimately SO spellbinding i cannot stress this enough, one of my -- if not THE --favorite album(s) of all time. literally hit after hit, i mean... 'rewind', 'onanon', 'waitin' and 'frontline'????? WHO gave her the right??? though if someone asked me what was my all time favorite song in this album... yeah, it's this one. this is just so incredibly immaculate isn't it? like, take another contender for favorite song of all time 'me & u' by cassie but make it sound like it's being played in H̸͙̿̒Ȅ̷̝̲̘̄̑̑̃̕͝Ļ̵̖̣̭̙̐̂͒́̾̏̀̿L̷̹͚̓̌̾͐̒̐̈́̑͘??? a true visionary, that's who kelela is, was and will always be. channeling the 90s/00s R&B scene while giving it a futuristic, obscure, galactic and transcendent while slightly left-field spin?? AND THE VISUALS???? that mary j blige first look is absolutely ICONIC........ NO one is doing it like her. a song i could listen for hours and hours on end, and yes, i did try to submit this! 😃😃😃 overall... i wish i had the vernacular and the vocabulary to express my love for this song further but i think i've proved my point.
BUT i will point out that, and this goes to ANYONE who didn't put kelela on their ballot. i will find you, i will. please do not take these words lightly. i will find you. know that. and know that if you don't like this song then you have objectively bad taste and i hope this makes you feel BAD. because you SUCK. LOSER. and yes i did stop listening to the final so i could listen to this again over 10 times. and what about it? ALSO 18TH PLACE?????????????
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/LightheartedCarelessBee-size_restricted.gif
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/LightheartedCarelessBee-size_restricted.gif
08) Chappell Roan - TOOT - back to back talent hits... ahhh!!! the winner buzz this is getting is refreshing, given that this was viciously robbed and underscored by some (mainly me, i'm talking about me, i shouldn't have given it JUST a 5 but in my defense it was arguably the strongest TSC of the year!!!!!!) nevertheless... ugh this is just SUCH a song isn't it? love songs with a cohesive story and DRAMA and that's exactly what miss chappell roan is serving. the genuine cultural impact this has had on the TSC chat... i love to see it. i really hope the winner buzz this is getting doesn't attract BOYCOTTERS to BOYCOTT talent because this deserves. a modern classic i think.
09) LEPATRIINU - BOOT - genuinely dumbfounded this qualified in the first place. vocals are incredibly irritating and the drop is kind of horrible. it just doesn't stand out in a group of stronger songs. but it did qualify against the likes of 'catallena' and 'why so lonely' so what do *i* know, right?
10) Rina Sawayama - TOOT - ahhhh, and we're back! now here's some RAW talent. one of the first songs that got me into rina in the first place and, for me, one of her best songs (tho probably not on my top 5 rina because she has that good of a discography and anyone who disagrees can literally DIE). it's just such a sweet as CHERRY cute lil' bop and i love the j-pop influences in this. an incredibly great song which rina is no stranger to. she just IS the dream popstar, isn't she? ...that said, i like 'alterlife' better and that could've given kelela a run for her money BUT that's just NITPICKING... i still love this song duh.
11) Ravyn Lenae - TOOT - such a sugary and chill slice of r&b. wasn't really CRAZY over it in a first listen, her vocals are a bit TWEE but i'm really liking the whole ambiance of the track. just got better as it went along, yeah i really like this. sounds even better on a second listen, not sure if it stands out against my absolute FAVORITES but this is absolutely deserving of points.
12) Hello Operator - BOOT - stan bibbles, still not keen on this song tho luv... although this is way more decent than i remember giving it credit for. that chorus is actually really good, did i sleep on this? meh, still don't like the verses. don't forget rupert is still THE bibbles bop, now THAT song fucking SLAPS.
13) Katie - TOOT - k-indie??? don't mind if i do. wasn't crazy about this but i'm here for how bombastic and kinda drama this is. kind of opulent really. yes i really like this actually LOL.
14) MARINA & THE DIAMONDS - TOOT - i really slept on the entire "froot" era entirely up until recently when marina without the diamonds dropped the WORST FUCKING ALBUM* (*- not really the worst fucking album of all time but like aggressively mediocre) OF ALL TIME "LOVE + FEAR" and i came back to revisit her discography to remember what good marina music sounded like... i remember thinking this was overhyped cause i heard multiple people claiming this was her best song but... as it stands, i kind of agree? glorious disco pop, so mesmerizing and iconic. 'twas all downhill from here but i choose to ignore it in the context of this contest.
15) A R I Z O N A - TOOT - definetly a light toot but i kinda liked this. not sure on the chorus, the vocals are a bit OFF, but it's well produced i guess. his voice detracts this song actually, i mean, i don't know. this is definetly between a NOOT and a TOOT, but the production's cewl so it stays. definetly don't think i'm pointing this at all but still... decent effort.
16) Kah-Lo - TOOT - i'm just going to assume this was obviously sent with ME in mind cause the better kah-lo song ('fake ID') was eligible yet this was sent so thank you to appealing to ME and sustaining my ego, whoever you are little pennytrationstan <3! yeah i love this catchy, albeit cheap, summer anthem. it's just a ball of fun and a very good song, i mean DUH, i sent it? not my favorite robbed entry but definetly up there. it's just that summer jam that really makes you wanna get up and bust a motherfucking move.
17) ROSALÍA - TOOT - aaaahhh!!! LA ROSALÍA!! never really got into her discography as much as i wish i did but i dooooo really like this bop. really like, not love, i've heard this song way too many times to really be in love with it. still, quality is quality. EDIT: i've gone back and listened to her debut and this clicked with me again. iconic.
18) Lucia Fernanda - TOOT - LMAO @ THE RUNNING ORDER. i hold both of these songs to the same high regard, i really enjoy both of them so. the chorus in this just RUNS, doesn't it? no one gave lucía the right, yet she did it anyway. yeah i really liked this, and regret underscoring it in whatever contest this was on... that said i'll probably underscore this too because this contest is THAT good, lucía really can't ever win huh :(
19) Of Monsters and Men - BOOT -  andddd i still don't like this! i don't know, just feels monotonous and dull. chappell roan beating this was gay rights.
20) Little Nikki - TOOT - patrick hit it right on the head when he said "old-school eva simons track" and that's EXACTLY what it's giving me. i think that's why i'm so amused by it too, it's very charming in that early 10s trash pop scene. ridiculous chorus and ridiculous lyrics but i would be lying if i said i wasn't stanning a bitsy.
21) Natalia Kills - TOOT - i... cannot imagine not stanning miss teddy natalia noemi cappuccini sinclair AKA natalia kills AKA verbalicious AKA cruel youth, even ironically. WHEN will your fave get cast on an already IRRELEVANT x factor new zealand gig literally watched by two people yet get bashed worldwide for her stank attitude for bullying a straight man over wearing a suit -- clearly wise words of a visionary ahead of her time -- driving people to hate her til this day? the stunt queen to end all stunt queens. ava max's biggest claim to ironic fame was her roblox avatar falling in the middle of a volcano pit and her brother having a taco-selling business, that's why she will NEVER be glamour. this song is a MESS but it absolutely pops the fuck off. the mind of a visionary, i am scared of her power. nothing but respect for the mind behind "kiss it better"!!!
22) Booty Luv - TOOT - LMFAOOOOOOOOOOO NOT BOOTY LUV... this and "say it right" were kind of those early 10s bops but this really hasn't aged well at all LMAO. i'm still kind of dewigged by it tho, that post chorus just brought back MEMORIES. THE BREAKDOWN ENDING LOL WIG. i have no idea how this or little nikki will fare in my top 10 on a second listen but i did really enjoy the throwback nostalgia i got from this.
23) U.S. Girls - SHOOT - this is the best song of all time.

all in all, sorry to the songs i gave good comments too yet i'm probably blanking because this week was great <3
1299 days 3 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
01) La Lana - This song was criminally underrated at the time and it will be underrated now too.
02) ZESKULLZ, Tara Rautenbach – This is fine. I like her voice, I think it did deserve to qualify last time but I can see why people slept on it as it is a bit like paint TSC by numbers.
03) Låpsley – Not for me tbh, I just couldn’t get into the vocal mized with the funny electro sounds.
04) YUKIKA – I wasn’t in this semi and I remember everyone going gaga over the fact it didn’t qualify so I’m glad it did here. :D It’s pleasant, but with the hype I was expecting an absolute standout moment.
05) Ruti – Lovely vocal, the song itself hits so fucking hard…geezus christ that chorus. This is art.
06) Fletcher – I got excited thinking this was the other retro song named ‘warpaint’ then I saw it was Fletcher instead. This is fine, it’s a song that should always do well and it will probably do well here to.
07) Kelela – A bit all over the place, I really didn’t like the funny moany noises in the background. It’s not terrible though.
08) Chappell Roan – This suffers from the same fate as others here, because it get hyped so much. Don’t get me wrong, it’s enjoyable but for me it’s not going to be a standout of this contest.
09) LEPATRIINU - Fucking slay the faves, still sounds so fresh. Love this still.
10) Rina Sawayama – This deserved more than 13th, no ifs no buts no candy or nuts. This is strong, I have no complaints.
11) Ravyn Lenae - This is a forgotten gem, really enjoyed this tbh. One of Ryan’s best.
12) Hello Operator - Bibbles mate, you have better in your back catalogue…this doesn’t do your justice :p
13) Katie – Enjoyable until the funny chorus noises, but at least it’s interesting.
14) MARINA & THE DIAMONDS - This is good, of course it is. :p
15) A R I Z O N A – Not for me sorry, I didn’t like the vocal right from the start. :( The song didn’t particularly get better, the build was a bit choppy and the chorus wasn’t that impactful.
16) Kah-Lo - This is cool, not as impactful as other songs here. I’m curious to see where this is going to end up in my final standings.
17) ROSALÍA - I enjoyed this as well, it had an odd progression but it was solid enough.
18) Lucia Fernanda - This is pretty and personally it’s ok, but it’s not going to make a lasting impression.
19) Of Monsters and Men – ESCT royalty. I still really like this and I’m glad it gets a second chance. :D
20) Little Nikki - 20th? A casualty of the indie years for sure. Really enjoyed this.
21) Natalia Kills - This is strong. I like this a lot. I still can’t get over the bizarre moment where she killed her career on the x factor though, that was just so bizarre :p
22) Booty Luv - This must have been one of my first contests? :p This sounds so good, not going to lie. Well done for dragging up this gem.
1299 days 2 hours ago
Alexito
01) La Lana: Let's start saying this is not a bad song, but I don't know why I can't connect with it, I would vote for this in a weak week, it's just I don't like as much to give points to.
02) ZESKULLZ, Tara Rautenbach: I like her voice and the style of the song, however it's too electronic for me. It's almost good.
03) Låpsley: Obviously it lacks of something to stand out, it's a balad and a slow song, but in my opinion it's a well produced song and so beautiful too.
04) YUKIKA: You know that I love songs with elements from the 80's and 90's but this is really mediocre, and nothing good at all.
05) Ruti: The chorus! It's amazing! I expected a little more towards the end, but I'm surprised. I don't get the low placement, I don't really get it.
06) Fletcher: Love it, it has everything to be a potential winner, good song, well produced and it stucks in your head for a while.
07) Kelela: Nice start, there are some parts that are a nightmare but fortunately they are just a few. The rest of the song has som interesting vibes, I liked it.
08) Chappell Roan: OMG! I remember this song, it didn't finish top10? WTF? Wait, I had a different memory about this song, I thought I liked it more, but it's just ok.
09) LEPATRIINU: AHHHHHHHHHH! One of my favorite ESCT songs! It needs to win, ok? I don't accept any other winner.
10) Rina Sawayama: I didn't know her although I heard so much about her recently, I see why now. This song is just a bop, love the last part, OMG! Reminds me of Mariah Carey tbh.
11) Ravyn Lenae: Pretty meh, I didn't connect with it for some reason. It's not the worst song but as I said, really meh.
12) Hello Operator: Thank God the chorus saved the song, cause the verses were nothing! I was about to throw this song to the trash.
13) Katie: Sexy and captivating, but I don't know, I felt like it lasted like 6 minutes.
14) MARINA & THE DIAMONDS: I'm sorry but I'm not a fan of the voice, I know she usually makes good music and some bops but this is not one of them.
15) A R I Z O N A: I love them! It's not as good as my winning song but I can't deny I love it, it's just another bop!
16) Kah-Lo: I was ready to trash this song but well, it's such a good entry! Love the music, probably it's what I liked the most.
17) ROSALÍA: Really? Malamente here again? Not getting a single point from me. Next.
18) Lucia Fernanda: Excuse me? Maybe I'm stupid cause I don't get the meaning of the lyrics, but they lyrics are so messy and it's not pleasant for my ears... Very Spanish or flamenco, Mancebo would 12 it.
19) Of Monsters and Men: I still don't know how this song didn't win! Iceland Queen and Kings!! I'm still in love with this song. Sorry not sorry.
20) Little Nikki: I only liked a few lines from the chorus, the rest is quite forgettable and not interesting.
21) Natalia Kills: Nah, I didn't like it, I think there's a problem with this song, too much noise at some parts and also kinda messy.
22) Booty Luv: Trashy and outdated music! YAY! We love it! Please more songs like this in weeks like this please.
1299 days ago
hellocat
01) La Lana — I did really enjoy listening to this, it was strong! The verses can go but the chorus really slaps. Very enjoyable, I did like it! DA'VONNE
02) ZESKULLZ, Tara Rautenbach — It could have snapped a bit harder cause I did find it a forgettable at times but like this was a fun song, it was overly terrible. Yeah sucks it got death slotted. DA'VONNE
03) Låpsley — Oh I remember this song, I didn't like it at all. It just doesn't go anywhere for me but I can see why people gravitate towards it, just don't know how it got 11th. Mystery. NICOLE
04) YUKIKA — I remember giving this points in 409 but yeah I didn't give it that high points which now relistening it deserves. Thank god it got redemption by qualifying! DA'VONNE
05) Ruti — I remember her from The Voice! She does have quite an entrancing voice that draws you in. The song isn't anything special but it was alright and a bit pleasant. DA'VONNE
06) Fletcher — Oh wow this is sort of a hidden gem. 13th seems a bit low for this song! Must have been a strong Contest. I think that it's sweet enough to get a few points from me. DA'VONNE
07) Kelela — I just spent 3 minutes listening to a MASTERPIECE! DA'VONNE
08) Chappell Roan — I was scared I was gonna hate this cause I'm sure if I did I would get lynched, but wow this is really a good song! I loved listening to this and that chorus! It was really fun to watch her dance throughout the MV. SLAY'VONNE
09. LEPATRIINU — I remember this from ESCT, my first ever contest and my first ever 12 in the final. Will this be getting another 12 from me, I don't know this contest is very strong. DA'VONNE
10) Rina Sawayama — I mean it's Rina so obviously I'm gonna love this. It's not the best song she has but none of her songs are bad so it's like a win for me. DA'VONNE
11) Ravyn Lenae — I have only hated one song so far! This contest is just so good! This song was just too ahead of its time. I love how stunning her vocals are, very strong! Nice to have songs like this in the contest. DA'VONNE
12) Hello Operator — this is the better Bibbles song and the right one did qualify! I want to point this, but this contest is so strong I don't know! Sucks nibbles didn't send it! DA'VONNE
13) Katie — Wow this really did snap. I like the production in this song, very strong and she really does show off her vocals with the song. Surprised Thai song hasn't gone off yet! DA'VONNE
14) MARINA — Ew this song was doing so well and was very strong and then marina had to come.along and ruin that. MANRINA to lose!! NICOLE
15) A R I Z O N A — Wow Alicia has taste with this song. I don't actually remember this song and I do remember being in 385 unless I'm wrong haha 😂, this was alright it didn't  hugely go anywhere. NICOLE
16) Kah-Lo — Oh yay I'm very happy this qualified. I was bopping this the first time I had heard it and it has aged like wine 🍷! This edition it will get top 10! Hopefully. DA'VONNE
17) ROSALÍA — I can respect this and how people can like it but for me honestly, it was a drag. Like what a bore 😂. NICOLE.
18) Lucía Fernanda — To be honest, I liked this previously but it hasn't aged well for me. It had moments I really enjoy and she is beautiful but I was left wanting a lot more from this and I felt like I got a spoonful of what I needed. NICOLE
19) Of Monsters and Men — ANOTHER SONG I TWELVED IN ESCT! This is honestly right up my street they didn't deserve 13th that was a straight up robbery! The chorus is so beautiful and just speaks out and stands out. This better not get robbed again because I will not be happy. DA'VONNE
20) Little Nikki — If this song wasn't sent back then and was sent to like 414 for example then I believe it wouldn't even be eligible for this theme. It was massively ahead of its time. DA'VONNE
21) Natalia Kills — A victim of Syco, we do Stan this queen but like the song as a whole does suck. NICOLE.
22) Booty Luv — What a way to end the second chance contest of TSC! This really is a definition of a club banger it really didn't deserve 15th. This was a stunner of a song. Really enjoyed it. Great job. DA'VONNE
1298 days 23 hours ago
bibbles
I watched BTS live concerts, saturday and sunday so im posting a video!!

01) La Lana – not a fan of her way of singing, it was okay.
02) ZESKULLZ, Tara Rautenbach - chipmunks at the ready! not something I would choose to listen to, it was okay.
03) Låpsley - a bit off beat, she sounds like she cant be bothered, it was okay.
04) YUKIKA – japan meets south korea, its not too bad!
05) Ruti – at least her voice quite normal, it wasn’t too bad!
06) Fletcher – at least her voice quite normal, it wasn’t too bad!
07) Kelela – its okay, quite even keel, doesn’t really go anywhere, not my sort of thing.
08) Chappell Roan – first I was afraid, I was petrified, oh not that song! Bit wishy washy, a bit squeaky, it was okay.
09) LEPATRIINU – a bit tweeish! A bit lacklustre, it was okay.
10) Rina Sawayama – its alright, some bits are better than others. heard worse!
11) Ravyn Lenae – taking a while to get going, shes a bit squeaky, its a tad annoying!! 
12) Hello Operator – is someone going to do better with one of my songs than I did, or just wanted to get a 12!!
13) Katie - its okay, lots of odd little noises that are a tad irritating.
14) MARINA & THE DIAMONDS – these are quite over done!
15) A R I Z O N A – hes a bit insipid, tune is okay, but was not too bad!
16) Kah-Lo – not my sort of thing, just went round in circles!
17) ROSALÍA – she sounds bored and so was I!
18) Lucia Fernanda – very one note, just went on and on!
19) Of Monsters and Men – quite like this one!
20) Little Nikki – that was annoying from start to finish!
21) Natalia Kills – not a fan!
22) Booty Luv – not really my thing!

this one makes me cry

1298 days 23 hours ago
LornaHollas
1. It's alright but there are a million songs that sound like this
2. Very basic and generic. It's ok
3. Something about this song gives me a headache. It's not pleasant
4. Quite liked this. It's a bit one note but still enjoyable
5. She has a nice voice. Song starts to drag a bit though
6. It's a little catchy. Quite nice
7. This was really good. I was vibing along to it
8. This grew on me so much after its contest! Such a bop! Anything with Victoria Porkchop Parker in it I have to stan!
9. Her voice is rather whiny
10. She always delivers! Bop!
11. Sounds a bit like Kate Bush at parts. Quite like this
12. Great song! I really like the horror theme
13. Those uh uh uh noises are not nice to listen to
14. ICONIC! I love this song so much!
15. Didn't expect to like this but I was really vibing to it
16. Grew on me as it went along. Quite good
17. This left me wanting more. It's a bit one note
18. Feel like this could of gone off more. It's ok
19. It's alright. Doesn't leave much of an impact
20. Kind of got my life to this tbh
21. Her music doesn't usually do anything for me but this was quite good
22. I went to see them live and then became obsessed with this song! Such a bop!
1298 days 22 hours ago
QueenM1chelle
before i begin my comments, i would like to take a moment to pay my respects to a stunning, MEGA TALENTED group of ladies that passed away in tsc 416 semi 1 on the 8th of october...

𝖔𝖗𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊 𝖈𝖆𝖗𝖆𝖒𝖊𝖑.
https://i.imgur.com/eqtVIQ7.gif

they were the moment & always will be the moment. honestly they were not just a group. they were a lifestyle & a reason 2 live in this nasty world that would let them nq. i'm praying for these ladies and i hope they can find peace in the afterlife cause that is what they deserve.

my comments are dedicated to them this week and as a result, each song will be assigned their own caramel treat depending on my opinion of the song! (loosely inspired by onemanarmy)

01) La Lana - 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐋 𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐄𝐒𝐄𝐂𝐀𝐊𝐄 : This cheesecake tastes pretty good, the caramel smothered on top of it is making it even more enjoyable. I am not in love with cheesecake, but it's decent enough. If I had to pick out of all the treats, I would not go straight to this one, but if this was the last treat left I would have no complaints!
02) ZESKULLZ, Tara Rautenbach - 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐋 𝐂𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐒𝐇𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖 - This is a nice little snack to munch on, the marshmallow is a bit too fluffy and does not have much taste to it but the caramel on top makes it a bit better. If I ate too many of these I think I'd get sick, but for a one time treat it tastes decent.
03) Låpsley - 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐋 𝐈𝐂𝐄 𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌 𝐖/ 𝐃𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐍𝐔𝐓 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐄 - This tastes amazing. The caramel sauce on top of the caramel ice cream is just a wonderful overload of brilliant tastes and as it melts in your mouth you feel euphoria. Then once you are done with the initial ice cream, the warm donut cone is tastier than ever and completes the entire treat. So tasty.
04) YUKIKA - 𝐂𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐀𝐌𝐎𝐍 𝐒𝐖𝐈𝐑𝐋 𝐓𝐎𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐃 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐋 - My absolute favourite treat to pick up, I would gravitate right towards this as the cinnamon swirls itself tastes amazing, but now even topped with caramel it's one of the best treats ever to munch on. I could live off these and I wouldn't ever get bored. There's many different tastes to be explored here, and I couldn't imagine taking a bite of this treat and not enjoying it.
05) Ruti - 𝐒𝐀𝐋𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐋 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃 𝐂𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐈𝐄𝐒 - These have a nice enough taste on them, they are quite a basic caramel treat that I really don't have any issues with, I would eat a couple of them, but then would move on to the more tastier treats afterwards. 
06) Fletcher - 𝐏𝐎𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐆𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐋 𝐒𝐀𝐔𝐂𝐄 - This just tastes a bit weird and feels out of place with all of the other treats. It does not have a nice texture and it does not mix well with the caramel sauce, it's conflicting tastes. I don't think anybody would go to pick this treat amongst all the other tasty treats.
07) Kelela - 𝐁𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐍𝐀 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐋 𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐓 - This was something quite nice to indulge in, these flavours mixed together quite well and I would not be mad if I was served this dessert. There are a few better treats out there but I have no issues with this treat, it's better than many others.
08) Chappell Roan - 𝐒𝐀𝐋𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐋 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐅𝐅𝐋𝐄𝐒 - Another one of my absolute favourite treats. I swear I could just eating and eating them and never stop, they taste so so good and I am just obsessed with them. These are the top treats served at the Pink Pony Club!
09) LEPATRIINU - 𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐒 𝐁𝐀𝐑 - I have never liked this bar that much. There are so many better treats and this one is just underwhelming when you know what else is out there. This treat kind of annoys me even just looking at it makes me slightly annoyed.
10) Rina Sawayama - 𝐇𝐀𝐀𝐆𝐄𝐍-𝐃𝐀𝐙𝐒 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐋 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐈𝐂𝐄 𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌 - Bitch, this is so delicious. If I was at the shops one day and saw this in the fridge, I'd be so tempted, and sometimes I'd give into this temptation and gobble down this tub of ice cream throughout the day. I'm head over heels for this ice cream, it's one of my favourites.
11) Ravyn Lenae - 𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐌 𝐂𝐇𝐔𝐑𝐑𝐎𝐒 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐊𝐘 𝐒𝐀𝐋𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐋 𝐒𝐀𝐔𝐂𝐄 - This is just heaven. It's one of the best treats ever and I can't even tell you enough about how good it is. I was not a big fan of the sticky sauce before but years later I'm loving this taste with the sugary, warm churros with this sauce and it's just an explosion of brilliant flavours. One of my top treats!
12) Hello Operator - 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐋 𝐂𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐍𝐈𝐎𝐍 - This just tastes like absolute crap. I tried a little bite of it but I almost threw up because of how bad it tastes. I would not even consider this a treat, someone snuck this in with all the other good treats, pretending it was a good, tasty treat but in reality it was nasty.
13) Katie - 𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐃 𝐓𝐎𝐅𝐅𝐄𝐄 - I feel like my teeth are about to crack with how hard this toffee is. It's hard to enjoy this treat because it's too difficult to bite into, it's just a chore to try and eat. It was not an enjoyable treat.
14) MARINA & THE DIAMONDS - 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐋 𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐋𝐄 - I'm not mad at this treat tbh, it tastes decent. The caramel on the apple is a bit sticky and gets messy, but once you bite into it it's pretty good. It's not the most enjoyable treat but it's still tasting pretty good regardless, thankfully this apple is not rotten or else this would taste like shit.
15) A R I Z O N A - 𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐀𝐈𝐑𝐄'𝐒 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃 - This tastes so fucking good. It's feeling like a gourmet Twix bar, it should be average but it goes so beyond that to become a very enjoyable treat that I think anyone could enjoy. I'm in love with this treat.
16) Kah-Lo - 𝐒'𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐒 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐋 𝐒𝐀𝐔𝐂𝐄 - Another GREAT treat that is so fucking good like could you imagine eating this and NOT loving it? I have phases where I'm obsessed with these s'mores and they're all I want to eat. I then forget about them for a while, but when I return to them I feel like I'm on cloud nine with how good this tastes.
17) ROSALÍA - 𝐁𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐋 𝐏𝐎𝐏𝐂𝐎𝐑𝐍 - I don't hate it, but it becomes too much after a while and I get bored of this treat and just wanna move on to something more enjoyable. I used to like this way more but now it's gotten slightly stale. I'm not mad at this snack though.
18) Lucia Fernanda - 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐋 𝐅𝐑𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐔𝐂𝐂𝐈𝐍𝐎 - I don't like to admit it, but this is one of my staples whenever I go to get a drink at Starbucks. Everything about it just works and it turns out to be a very enjoyable drink. The little bits of caramel sauce I can taste as I drink it taste great too.
19) Of Monsters and Men - 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐋 𝐂𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐃𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐃𝐀𝐓𝐄 𝐅𝐋𝐎𝐔𝐑 - I'm not very impressed with this as it doesn't taste how it should. A caramel cake should be good but for some reason this one is not which is strange. I think this is an overrated cake and should not be one of the treats that is up for grabs today.
20) Little Nikki - 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐋 𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐃 𝐂𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐄𝐒 - These taste kinda good, they are iconic and kind of a staple, but still I get tired of them extremely quick and I don't like how they make my teeth feel afterwards.
21) Natalia Kills - 𝐒𝐀𝐋𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐋 𝐀𝐋𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐃 𝐁𝐀𝐑𝐒 - I love Salted Caramel, and I love almonds, so this is just a perfect combination all in one bar. It is one of my favourite things to indulge in and it's one of the first thing I would pick up. I would love to eat this with a cup of Natalia Noemi "Teddy" Cappuccini Sinclair's original blend of coffee. Yummy!
22) Booty Luv - 𝐌𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃𝐘 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐋 𝐄𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐑 - I usually like caramel Eclairs but this one just tasted weird and mouldy, I feel like I could get a bit sick from it. I had to spit it out because it was definitely out of date, and should have been thrown away before putting put on show.
1298 days 21 hours ago
hellomynameis347
https://i.imgur.com/eqtVIQ7.gif
1298 days 21 hours ago
TolisKalkas
01) La Lana        oh this is kinda a bop... okay
02) ZESKULLZ, Tara Rautenbach        oh at least this qualified this time,  it was quite chill enjoyable vibes
03) Låpsley        i think i liked this more originally, this just really didn't deliver anything for me
04) YUKIKA        there have been quite a bit of these retro feeling songs in kpop recently haven't there been. this also feels like it should be in a video game
05) Ruti        there felt like there was a disconnect between the vocals and the instrumentation. like it felt like they were not combined well. idk why like some parts kind of work togheter but like idk i feel like she's singing a different song to a different beat.
06) Fletcher        this feels very hwhite.
07) Kelela        i feel like i vibed with this and like rightfully so.
08) Chappell Roan        i feel like this was only submitted for the meme.
09) LEPATRIINU        this felt very safe for a returning song
10) Rina Sawayama        yea like i guess it's alright, but it still doesn't make me want to go and look up her stuff. not sorry
11) Ravyn Lenae        i honestly don't remember this, but also don't really care to much for it. like it could be iconic but like it's just meh
12) Hello Operator        lady goo goo outsold. i just have to say that about every bibbles entry
13) Katie        i swear to god i still taste you.... remember i remember... honestly didn't remember this song but i mean i'm sorry it is a fuckin bop
14) MARINA & THE DIAMONDS        of course marina is here, i remember her original submissions back before the gays really stanned her...
15) A R I Z O N A        i don't remember this but again feels very safe for a returnee game
16) Kah-Lo        i mean i was tapping my toes.
17) ROSALÍA        this didn't deliver for me, but it felt like it should do more
18) Lucia Fernanda        i mean... it's okay but like... meh
19) Of Monsters and Men        their older stuff is better. this is just otay now
20) Little Nikki        This is a bop, thank you that is all
21) Natalia Kills        i mean she IS a problem, but the song SLAPS
22) Booty Luv        this early 2000s feel. got me feeling nostalgic. kinda love this
1298 days 21 hours ago
Lemjam6
01) La Lana - This was cool. I felt like this was pretty unique and I was really into it. Liked the chorus and verses and pretty much everything about it.
02) ZESKULLZ, Tara Rautenbach - I wanted to like this, but it was just very average to me. I feel like I’ve heard so many songs like it. Nothing special.
03) Låpsley - I remember this from a few weeks ago and I liked it better then. Kinda just feels dry to me. Aged like milk.
04) YUKIKA - This was fun and did get me dancing a bit, still not my thing, but I didn’t mine it.
05) Ruti - This felt very different and I appreciated it. Probably not something I would typically listen to, but it was cool and I enjoyed listening to it here. Her voice is sweet.
06) Fletcher - I do prefer other songs by them, but this was fine. Cute and catchy, but just very basic and nothing special.
07) Kelela - This is sweet. Like her voice, very soothing. The chorus is very catchy.
08) Chappell Roan - I'm not joking. My favorite song I have ever heard since joining TSC. It makes me absolutely nauseous that this was even eligible for Second Chances. How did this work of art not even make it to single digits? I am going to find every single commenter in TSC 391 who wrote negative comments about this work of art and ruin their lives. I will take away everyone and everything meaningful to them for the sins they committed.
https://i.giphy.com/XDRrDLJDXomqcal70U.gif
09) LEPATRIINU - This was sweet, it just felt motivational. Liked her voice a lot.
10) Rina Sawayama -  I want to hate her because everyone loves her, but I just can’t. She really does just release bops. This isn’t one of my faves, but I enjoy the chorus a lot.
11) Ravyn Lenae - This was a solid okay. Kinda ratchet and all over the place. Not a big fan.
12) Hello Operator - This was fun for sure. It was different and I appreciated it. A nice chance of pace that this final needed. Love the guitar.
13) Katie - Okay, this was really bad. It just felt weird to me and I didn’t like it at all.
14) MARINA & THE DIAMONDS - Some of her songs are okay, but I absolutely hate this song. Absolute garbage. How was this allowed a spot in the finals? I'm concerned. NEXT.
15) A R I Z O N A - I liked his voice a lot, this was actually really nice! Smooth and good vibes. Very cool.
16) Kah-Lo - Uhh, no. This was just not good. She's not a good singer and this was a low-energy and very boring.
17) ROSALÍA - I hated this. It was very dull and I saw people stanning this and I just don't really understand. Seriously put me to sleep.
18) Lucia Fernanda - Okay, this wasn't bad. It had a nice vibe to it and it had me moving around a bit. Don't usually like spanish music, but it was alright.
19) Of Monsters and Men - Meh, I’m bored.
20) Little Nikki - The chorus was decent, but it was a little too upbeat for me and I find it just didn't have a lasting impact on me.
21) Natalia Kills - I hate this man. She's just an absolute cunt IRL and her music doesn't make up for it. This was boring, uninteresting, and did not deserve a second chance. Lazy work.
22) Booty Luv - I expected this to be absolute shit, but I was so into it. The chorus was soooo good. I was super into it, absolute bop.
1298 days 21 hours ago
Alexeh23
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/555774008453234699/764890528398704640/gmagik.gif
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/555774008453234699/764890528398704640/gmagik.gif
1298 days 21 hours ago
hellomynameis347
1298 days 20 hours ago
turkeylover

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!