This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 416 Final

Topic » TSC 416 Final

1304 days 17 hours ago
ianfitz0012
Since my comment got cut off

1) La Lana - it has its moments, love how it builds but gets old very quickly. Wish this girl had better rhythm as the chorus she just comes off more robotic than hip
1304 days 17 hours ago
ganghandedcat
01 : La Lana - So Messed Up : Well, this is definitely a way to start the final. It's inoffensive at its peak, yet slightly annoying the more I hear it. It's solid, it'll do, but I may not just be in the mood for this as much as I was eight months ago.
02 : ZESKULLZ, Tara Rautenbach - Like That : The fuck is this dirge and why is it present in this final. Not even these pop beats could save a truly dire song. She has an inkling of Ellie Ghoulding to her, you can figure eight if that's a compliment or not.
03 : Låpsley - My Love Was Like The Rain : I have to come out and say that I never particularly was a fan of Lapsley, but this started off so stunningly and prettily with that small click. It builds up more and more progressively throughout, and I'm waiting for that moment yet it just never comes. I love simplistic synth-infused bangers, but the "drop" into that chorus left me begging for me.
04 : YUKIKA - SOUL LADY : Yess! I was considering this for the week at a point but I just wasn't sure enough. This is really good, I love this quite a bit, it's so easy to listen to, and if any language sounds the best with this type of song, Korean's the one to do it. And she's just so adorable! That post-chorus progression,,, whew.
05 : Ruti - Racing Cars : I was expecting to like this a lot more than I actually did... Which is unfortunate, I think it's just her voice with the instrumental that grinds my engines. This really doesn't do much for me, the chorus is a whole bunch of nonsense.
06 : Fletcher - War Paint : I- Who thought this was okay in 2020? Certainly not I.... because this has aged and dated and not in a good way. Regrettable.
07 : Kelela - LMK : LGBT+ banger! This is one of the first R&B songs which truly opened me up to slowly get into the genre, Kelela is a queen with all of her releases and this is top tier for her. Let me knowwwww, it ain't that deep by the way. All you gotta do is LMK.
08 : Chappell Roan - Pink Pony Club : I've got to be honest here and say that I'm not the biggest, or the smallest fan of this. This just doesn't do a lot for me. It's a nice listen but coming back to it really doesn't do a lot of things for me. Solid song though, but not my winner.
09 : Lepatriinu - Up The Sky : Didn't know this song before listening here, and honestly I wished that it stayed that way. This just is not for me. Mega yikes.
10 : Rina Sawayama - Cherry : I love Rina and I even considered her for this week! Alas, this is one of her worst efforts, but in comparison to the rest of the week it'll do. Was really hoping to see Alterlife here, a classic.
11 : Ravyn Lenae - Sticky : Who is she girl? I really like this! This is a really smooth listen that just flows so nicely with her pure silky voice lyricising honey into my ears. Will definitely be coming back to this.
12 : Hello Operator - I Created A Monster : Right... It gets better as it goes along. That chorus is great, but it needs some good production backing it up to truly make this have an impact.
13 : KATIE - Remember : This should be right up my street. It's cute, it's catchy, and the visuals are stunning. I wish I could say that honestly. I just don't like that drop, completely ruins the vibe of the song for me. Get rid.
14 : Marina and the Diamonds - Froot : Well it is second chances for a reason, so welcome back Marina, doll. I think today is her birthday? Or yesterday? I don't know I just saw it on a friend's story, he loves Marina. This is one of the better Marina songs from the Froot era and it's really cute hearing this throwback but this wouldn't be doing nearly as well in my ranking so far if it wasn't for the quality of the previous choices.
15 : A R I Z O N A - Nostalgic : Right... This does nothing for me. What the fuck is this week? This final? Yikes.
16 : Kah-Lo - Exit Sign : I'm always partial to Kah-Lo, and I didn't know this song from them so I came in with an open mind. This is fine, and I love her deep voice over the chorus, but that drop is just not for me. I wanted something darker like their hit song which name forgets me.
17 : ROSALÍA - Malamente : Yesss! Banger. Love Rosalía and this is one of her best. It's not her best though, I have to be honest but I'm just really into this. Trra trra. Hope to see some of her other music in the competition but I know most of you girls are going to call it a dirge even if it's in actuality Spanish art.
18 : Lucia Fernanda - La Manta : LA MANTA TODO PASA. I wanted to click race for this but thought against it. This is soooo good! Ugh, pure perfection and art in this artistical masterpiece. Love this flare that's inflected in her voice, and I've loved this song for months and months. I hope this does well because it truly deserves it.
19 : Of Monsters And Men - Wild Roses : No. Just don't like this. Pure drivel.
20 : Little Nikki - Little Nikki Says : Didn't know this from before, this started off promisingly, I was expecting a rap banger but this pop vibe will do. Early 2010s club banger! This drop is good, and this is such a pleasant bop. Maybe I am still a drop slut after all? Feels dated but in this case I am getting down.
21 : Natalia Kills - Problem : Wow, my fellow problematic also Uruguayan queen is here with us tonight. I love her, she's so cool and fly, but this song is not it... Not the worst here but it's not the Natalia song that I'm here to give high points to. Uh huh.
22 : Booty Luv - Black Widow : Ending it up with a song I don't know, I'm excited, especially with a name like that! Starts promisingly... learns that it's early 2010s again. That pre-chorus was exciting me so much, but child... That chorus is just generic and boring for me, and not in an interesting way. I don't dislike this but I'm not the target audience for this. Sorry to this man.
1304 days 17 hours ago
ganghandedcat
I am editing a review

21 : Natalia Kills - Problem : Wow, my fellow problematic also Uruguayan also LEO queen is here with us tonight.
1304 days 17 hours ago
PrincessTeePee
La Lana ~ I must admit I wasn’t fully enjoying this until the chorus came in.. that KINDA popped off. I didn’t live it but it did the job.
ZESKULLZ ~ A little bit autotune-y but I really enjoyed this overall, very catchy but of synth.
Låpsley ~ In general, I line her a lot but this song really isn’t it for me. Love is Blind >>>
YUKIKA ~ Homestly for the genre it’s good, the use of disco vibes was a good choice. I’m unsure if it’ll do anything more for me in the final, but I’m not mad at this at all.
Ruti ~ The song isn’t serving anything much if I’m honest, but I do love her vocal. I’m not sure that’s enough for points, she deserves a stronger song all round. It’s really only ok.
FLETCHER ~ Yeah very solid, it still sounds good. Can see it contending. 
Kelela ~ The chorus does just enough to salvage this otherwise draggy song, but I’m not sure that’s enough for points in this final.
Chappell Roan ~ This is really winning huh? The drops in her voice are somewhat annoying but otherwise it’s good. It progressed very well.
LEPATRIINU ~ I’m undecided on this, as the high pitched vocal is giving me a headache. The chorus is fun though, better than expected. S’alright overall.
Rina Sawayama ~ I think on second listen, I don’t like it as much as I did, the beats are cool though. It isn’t her best.
Ravyn Lenae ~ More high pitchyness!! Nah didn’t like this. I wasn’t even sure what was going on here?
Hello Operator ~ Oh this REALLY goes in vocally doesn’t it? It’s grown on me, divisive af though. It gives me Fjokra vibes which I’m not mad at. Finally a MAN!
Katie ~ I liked that it was sinister with unexpected thumpy beats. Grown on me since the semi, pretty solid.
Marina and the Diamonds ~ Ehhh I’m familiar with this to the point it has little impact now. It’s ok, I’ve never been bowled over.
A R I Z O N A ~ BUT I CAN’T STOP IT OHOH OHOHHH. Love.
Kah-Lo ~ The beat is so quirky and infectious, I just wish the song had that bit more substance. It’s a bop though.
ROSALÍA ~ Sure I think I get the appeal of this, but it bored me after a while if I’m honest.
Lucia Fernanda ~ I got bored if this.. it’s cute but Jesus, SO one-note.
Of Monsters and Men ~ Better than most of their others tbh. It builds very well.
Little Nikki ~ I knew who sent this without even having to check :’) yeah it’s fun! Not my favourite song but deffo a bop.
Natalia Kills ~ Ayyy it’s ok, a bit aggressive. Not a huge fan but I didn’t hate it.
Booty Luv ~ They never bettered Shine for me honestly. They were also in Roll Deep, that kinda flopped too.
1304 days 16 hours ago
Insanity
1. La Lana - It’s so unfortunate because the verses and prechorus are pretty solid. This drop though? Garbage. I hate to admit it, but I’m afraid the drop kills any redeeming qualities this entry may have had for me.
2. ZESKULLZ - I’m glad this song didn’t have to NQ twice, because I don’t think it deserved to NQ in its semi the first time. That being said, there are some heavy hitters this contest, and I’m afraid this may get lost in the shuffle. It’s a solid tune, although the sound after a few relistens is pretty predictable and basic.
3. Lapsley - I’m digging the vibe of this song. It’s good atmosphere/mood music. I’m not sure if I’d want to put it on a playlist, because I feel like I need to be in the right mood to fully enjoy this. It’s strangely pulling me in though.
4. YUKIKA - An entry that absolutely deserves to be in this final. The instrumentation is so silky smooth. Different for Kpop, but this is still very up my alley.
5. Ruti - I didn’t remember this entry whenever it was submitted. She’s got a nice voice, but it doesn’t make up for the fact that the song doesn’t really go anywhere. The drop is a little uninspiring. Not my favorite.
6. Fletcher - I’m not mad at this song from her. It’s a little country-inspired. I’ve certainly heard better tunes from her, I’m not sure how well it will do in this lineup.
7. Kelela - I really thought I was gonna get top 5 when I sent this to TSC, but I was sorely mistaken. This song is one of my most robbed entries imo, and it’s aged like fine wine. It still slaps to this day, and I’m glad it’s (hopefully) getting the redemption it deserves.
8. Chappell Roan - ***CHAPPELL ROAN STANS PLEASE REFRAIN SOME SENDING HATE TO MY UNCULTURED ASS***

To this day, I still don’t understand the hype around this song. It’s structured really weirdly, I couldn’t tell you any of the words in the verses after potentially listening to this song FOUR times. I understand that this song isn’t meant for me, but I’m glad Miss Chappell is getting her redemption. I can’t wait to attend her Roblox concert with all her stans.
9. Lepatriinu - Pleasant. That’s all I really have to say about this song. It’s inoffensive and fine enough for a one time listen. Not entirely groundbreaking, but I guess it did its job.
10. Rina Sawayama - Oh yes bitch I love this song. I really didn’t appreciate this song until well after her TSC appearance. I don’t think I was cultured enough for the excellence of Ms. Sawayama back then.
11. Ravyn Lenae - Loving the vibe of this song. Really impactful delivery. Idk if this needed redemption but I’ll certainly take it.
12. Hello Operator - Not one of my favs I’m afraid. This genre isn’t for me. But congrats for bibbles getting a song through (even if it’s not bibbles entry this week).
13. KATIE - I can’t fully defend that shrieking in the chorus pretending to be a hook. Otherwise though, gorgeous voice, gorgeous instrumentation. The chorus has had to grow on me, but after a few more listens I’ve grown to stan.
14. Marina - Um yeah kind of a random pick for this contest but I’m not complaining. I enjoy this track, although it’s not fav Marina track from this album.
15. A R I Z O N A - Not really memorable in this contest. Something about it isn’t meshing with me.
16. Kah-Lo - First, a legend. Second, the song slaps. Not my fav track from her, but she has yet to disappoint.
17. Rosalia - This song has only grown on me with time. It’s a perfect fit for this contest. I already know at this point voting is gonna be tough.
18. Lucia Fernanda - LMAO I actually kind of stan this. It’s nothing groundbreaking, but a solid Latin pop bop.
19. Of Monsters and Men - The chorus slaps. The verses really do feel like a chore though. Interested in seeing how this does.
20. Little Nikki - *obeys the orders of old school TSC legend Little Nikki* Really fun dance tune, way catchier than I would like to admit.
21. Natalia Kills - Something about this is just so MESSY. Mixed feelings on this one.
22. Booty Luv - I stan this song at a safe length so I can properly social distance from it. Guilty pleasure teas. It’s not bad but this contest is stacked with talent, I don’t know where it will land for me.
1304 days 16 hours ago
ricktworick1
hello your favourite juror is here

1. La Lana - Thanks for reminding me why I wasn't that huge on this in first place. The pre-chorus has so much potential, but all of it is completely killed by this hideous chorus. What a shame.
2. ZESKULLZ, Tara Rautenbach - A really pretty song that deserved better in its first attempt. I'm glad to see it finally make finals, though I feel like this will likely be forgotten by most of the audience by the end of this show.
3. Låpsley - There are many interesting elements here, but as a whole it's rather static. It's almost there, but just misses the line.
4. Yukika - Absolutely robbed of its qualification the first time, glad to see it here. It's not the best attempt at retrowave/city pop style, but I'll definitely take it.
5. Ruti - This drop is still rather intolerable, but this is overall a nice entry.
6. Fletcher - I remember this song sounding much better LOL. I remember not really being way into it the first time, somehow this got worse...sorry.
7. Kelela - How this failed to even get close to top 10 is beyond me. This is so much better than most of the R&B that is being sent right now for the purpose of getting good results rather than respecting this particular music genre. This ended up as one of my favourite TSC 2017 entries, so go figure.
8. Chappell Roan - This has SIGNIFICANTLY grown on me since its first appearance. Very cute, just a rather gorgeous song as a whole.
9. LEPATRIINU - I remember hosting this contest! I gave it 3 points because it sounds exactly like something that would get this amount from me. In this contest, this is probably not enough for my scoreboard. This existed.
10. Rina Sawayama - Oh, I also hosted that contest! I only gave this a point and I can hear why - it's pretty solid but there is nothing that really keeps my attention throughout. There is nothing particularly wrong with this entry, which is also its biggest weakness.
11. Ravyn Lenae - This is the lower tier R&B of this contest. Too many weird melodic choices to save this sinking ship.
12. Hello Operator - Actually a pretty decent effort for the sort of music that I don't usually go for. Not sure if good enough to get my points, but we will see. He swore!
13. Katie - Some really great production in this whole thing, except for the drop which sounds like it belongs in a completely different song. Not bad, I like this more than the first time I got exposed to it in TSC.
14. Marina & The Diamonds - LMAO what a cheap pick. It's a genuinely good song, I just find it funny that this ended up being here.
15. A R I Z O N A - I remember quite enjoying this the first time, but never coming back to it. It's solid throughout, definitely one of the more pleasant entries this week.
16. Kah-Lo - It's rather upbeat which is already quite a plus, but I feel like this lacks a lot of substance to really stand out. It's fine, not excited by it.
17. ROSALÍA - I appreciate that she brings something different to the table, but I'm afraid that she ends up following the same trends that her fans are so against. Just because there is some flamenco in this does not change the fact that it's still an average pop song.
18. Lucia Fernanda - Oh, I hosted this contest! I didn't hate it then and I don't hate it now, but it's not up there with the better entries.
19. Of Monsters and Men - This is one of my favourite own submissions in recent times, of course I am going to reward this.
20. Little Nikki - What a mess - not sure what Little Nikki is gonna say, but Little Ricky says 'No!'
21. Natalia Kills - I always enjoyed her music despite her completely damaged reputation, kinda similar to Azealia Banks in that sense. This is no exception, pretty good entry.
22. Booty Luv - So dated it hurts, but I can excuse that considering this was in a contest from 2013. I am kinda dying that her name is actually BOOTY LUV, that's so unfortunate. This is definitely not for me.
1304 days 16 hours ago
Slice
“messed up” by la lana
ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh… ive heard similar done better. sorry

“like that” by zeskullz, tara rautenbach
this song just kinda came and went honestly. i mean its not bad but its nothing that catches my attention. anyone could have made this song. u could replace both artists and get the same song or something better.

“my love was like the rain” by lapsley
i loved this song when it was originally submitted and i still love it now. so chill and sweet and magical. should’ve done well in that contest but got dqed… a tragedy.

“soul lady” by yukika
legendary song. robbed in its first submission. here to take the crown its second time hopefully

“racing cars” by ruti
shrugs

“war paint” by fletcher
meh

“lmk” by kelela
love this bop. kelela is talent, plain and simple. my one critique is that this song isn’t rewind which is by far the best kelela song but whew. el sabor

“pink pony club” by chappell roan
this is REALLY good except for the second half of the chorus which is honestly very cheap and kinda sours the rest of the song which is a lot more interesting and luscious. her voice is so compelling

“up the sky” by letriinu
love the elements of this song and they come together nicely. not the most memorable but a great experience.

“cherry” by rina sawayama
icon and queen. this song is great. not one of her best singles but truly above the quality of most of the other songs in this semi. she’s just that talented.

“sticky” by ravyn lenae
one of the first songs i looked up to see if it had been submitted when i came back. great tune. really adore everythin about it

“help i created a monster” by hello operator
GENUINELY quality music. i love a LOT of this. production and vocals are great. tops a lot of the almost-great stuff this finals.

“remember” by katie
i was really enjoying this until the oh oh oh oh oh bit… eek! honestly, the rest of the song is really great but that bit is just so awkward and does not fit… it’ll still likely beat a bunch of other songs in this semi

“froot” by marina and the diamonds
the full version shits on this version but i fucking am obsessed with this song. this whole album is easily marina’s best work from start to finish. i love tihs legend

“nostalgic” by a r i z o n a
this was fine

“exit sign” by kah-lo
this song is great!!!! i love this legend, her work with riton is spectacular. id prefer either of those songs to this, but i love

“malamente” by rosalia
im beyond fucking obsessed with malamente. definitely one of my favourite songs ever.

“la manta” by lucia fernanda
great but not as good as malamente… unlucky semi placement

“wild roses” by of monsters and men
pretty good, i like of monsters and men and this is no exception

“little nikki says” by little nikki
honestly this was pretty fun, i had a great time with this song LMAO. wasnt expecting it

“problem” by natalia kills
from her ICONIC era before she became an egotistical mess. banger.

“black widow” by booty luv
corny in a great way tbh. it gets kinda topped by the really really good songs but i love this
1304 days 15 hours ago
Eoin
Start gathering!
1304 days 15 hours ago
QueenM1chelle
i cant wait to be totally shocked at the who's who.
1304 days 15 hours ago
varlto
https://media.giphy.com/media/GCQTdCoxppwecFgqIG/giphy.gif
1304 days 15 hours ago
Insanity
*sexily enters*
1304 days 15 hours ago
Alexeh23
A TORNADO HAS HIT THE TENGAGED SONG CONTEST!!!

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/555774008453234699/764890528398704640/gmagik.gif

Reports say it's come from West Hollywood.
1304 days 15 hours ago
dragotistic
hi
1304 days 15 hours ago
QueenM1chelle
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/555774008453234699/764890528398704640/gmagik.gif
1304 days 15 hours ago
turkeylover
https://media3.giphy.com/media/fSLaRb5dP8jf6ZlEyU/giphy.gif

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!