This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 416 Final

Topic » TSC 416 Final

1288 days 5 hours ago
Eoin
12) Hello Operator - 'Help I Created A Monster'

TSC 400 - 16th       
Sent By: Bibbles
1288 days 5 hours ago
Eoin
13) Katie - 'Remember'

TSC 314 - 13th       
Sent By: TolisKalkas
1288 days 5 hours ago
Eoin
14) MARINA & THE DIAMONDS - 'Froot'

TSC 375 - 11th       
Sent By: Darbe
1288 days 5 hours ago
Eoin
15) A R I Z O N A - 'Nostalgic'

TSC 385 - 17th       
Sent By: PrincessTeePee
1288 days 5 hours ago
Eoin
16) Kah-Lo - 'Exit Sign'

TSC 378 - 11th       
Sent By: PennyTrationStan
1288 days 5 hours ago
Eoin
17) ROSALÍA  - 'MALAMENTE '

TSC 339 - 13th       
Sent By: TheGoodMan
1288 days 5 hours ago
Eoin
18) Lucia Fernanda - 'La Manta'

TSC 405 - 18th       
Sent By: Varlto
1288 days 5 hours ago
Eoin
19) Of Monsters and Men - 'Wild Roses'

TSC 391 - 13th       
Sent By: ricktworick1
1288 days 5 hours ago
Eoin
20) Little Nikki - 'Little Nikki Says'

TSC 136 - 20th       
Sent By: TolisKalkas
1288 days 5 hours ago
Eoin
21) Natalia Kills - 'Problem'

TSC 116 - 13th       
Sent By: Zurks
1288 days 5 hours ago
Eoin
22) Booty Luv - 'Black Widow'

TSC 163 - 15th       
Sent By: Catch_a_falling_star
1288 days 5 hours ago
Eoin
All 22 songs have been posted!!

Please write your comments and send me your votes in the usual TSC style (12, 10, 8-1) by the normal time - 7:30pm BST / 2:30pm EST on Sunday.

Good luck!
1288 days 5 hours ago
QueenM1chelle
23) Jessi - "NUNU NANA"
1288 days 5 hours ago
MISSimogen
01) La Lana - oh this was sent a week before i rejoined.. hmm i can see why it was pointed so low its nothing rly THAT remarkable. an ok pop song yeah but its just got zero depth imo. forgettable and that chorus grates on me towards the end actually.
02) ZESKULLZ, Tara Rautenbach - THIS F*CKING WIIIITCHHHHH... how she qualified is BEYOND ME.. i pointed her 4 points originally way back when and i hated the nasally voice. upon a re-listen it got even worse the chorus is unbearable to me.. they way SHE qualified when fka twigs and u.s girls didnt.. BLASPHEMY!!!
03) Låpsley -  aw i think i rly liked this one at the time. something just so raw and beautiful about it and my opinion hasnt really shifted. the production on this is still so good. def robbed and deserved higher.
04) YUKIKA - this is giving me vapourware tease and im kind of here for it. its my first time hearing since i dont remember it being in my semis but i actually really enjoy it. the production carries the song personally but the vocals are still decent. not exactly my fave arrangement but i rly do appreciate this one
05) Ruti - i think this was just before i entered tsc but woooow... this was fucking stunning wtf. HOW DID THIS GET 17TH.. SEVENTEENTH... R U JOKING.. THIS IS BEAUTIFULLLLL. this took me by complete surprise i wasnt expecting to enjoy it this much
06) Fletcher - lmfaoo not the FLETCHER... what the hell.. this sounds so cheap and horrible. her newer music is def an improvement on whatever sh*te this was. i cant even say im surprised this one qualified. do g*ys deserve rights.. hm DISCUSS!
07) Kelela - this is GORGEOUS. how this got 18th is beyond me. im going to go back to this contest and scout out those who didnt point this and put them DIRECTLY on my hit list for the foreseeable. im ready to see her redemption. arguably her best song actually yup. i said it.
08) Chappell Roan - this TSC all-star ugh. shes BACK for redemption and shes going to get it. how this didnt make top 10 is beyond me this is still such a timeless bop. it gives me so much nostalgia from when i sent it and it gives me even more of a buzz. one of my favourite if not my favourite song this year its just SOOOOO good. https://media3.giphy.com/media/fSLaRb5dP8jf6ZlEyU/giphy.gif  LOOK at the material..
09) LEPATRIINU - i was on such a high "JOYRIDE" (by tinashe) from that last song and ive just free falled since listening to this. its WAYYY TOO inoffensive and airy fairy for me.. that chorus is AWFUL AND LAZY.. its just so much open space that could've been used and yet we just leave a sh*te instrumental.. im BORED.. her wailing vocals dont help it either.. OKAYYYYY MOANING MYRTLE WE GET IT!!!
10) Rina Sawayama - i was debating on sending a rina song this week and if it was going to be anything it would've been bad friend. now THAT was robbed of the top 10 spot.. such a gorg song but anyways.. this ones CUTE but i just dont enjoy it as much as the excellence that is bad friend. i do love rina though she cant do that much wrong .. its NICE :)
11) Ravyn Lenae - OMFGGGG I AM OBSESS WITH THISSS. it gives me so much nostalgia from like 2017 its UNREALLLLL. i always wanted to send this when i first entered tsc and was floored it did so poorly when i searched it up bc this is gorg.. the vocals are unique and STUNNINGGG. shes giving a bit of disco tease and i just luv it so much... yuuuuup its timeless and i still love it to this day.
12) Hello Operator - yuck what on EARTH is this..?!?! i originally said the guitar strings were too much... idk what i was smoking that day.. the guitar strings were too much???? as if my head isnt banging off listening to these vocals but we draw the line at the STRINGS?! hello operator no offense but u couldnt even crack top 10 on a bibbles week..!!! give it up sweetheart
13) Katie - visually stunning.. production is rlllly fucking strong on this especially on the chorus wheeeww that was gorgeous. its very atmospheric.. kind of stan it but at the same time not here for it as much as i am some of these other entries.. i DO think im liking it a bit more in the finale tho more than the semis since u.s girls and fka twigs got the boot maybe ill be putting all my eggs into katies basket!!
14) MARINA & THE DIAMONDS - yeaaaaahhhh a gorg single for the start of an era actually. i remember first listening to this so undecided if this was a flop or not but i guess it was kind of polarizing to me. so different to her previous work but i ultimately stanned this A LOT. and then she knocked and the diamonds off her name and TANKED.. at least we have this <3
15) A R I Z O N A - OMG im so glad this was sent LMAO. i dont remember caring as much for it at the time it was entered but i did add it to my playlist and since then i grew a love for it and think its a bop. bit embarrassed to admit since its not usually my type of song id go for but its just so GOOOOD. it def deserved a higher placement.
16) Kah-Lo - yeaah.. shes alright. got a nice BEAT.. very funky and fresh! bit lazy at points when i just hear a LOT of instrumental she could've slapped something on there and it would've just elevated the song. it just come off a BIT cheap but i love that lets face it. we LOVE a cheap bop.. and that chorus is lowkey getting better as better when i replay it.. ummm shes winning me over.. this was rly enjoyable
17) ROSALÍA - really gorgeous and smooth.. like omgggg i cant even deny its like asmr to my ears.. its so pretty and sexy. the vocals soo angelic. she never misses does she. maybe its a bit TOO tame for this week since i think its quite strong but who knows.
18) Lucia Fernanda - omg this QUEEEN i remember her what a robbed goddess truly. i remember thinking this was sooo pretty and its not changed.. its still so gorgeous but does rosalia outshine her..??? im undecided. i think they're both queens actually. yup. she deserves better than 18th and she WILL get it.
19) Of Monsters and Men - u have GOT to be joken me at this point.. ur tellin me U.S GIRLS AND FKA TWIGS GOT SLUNG OUT FOR THIS!?!?!!! IM IN A NEVER-ENDING HELL WHEN WILL IT STOP :(
20) Little Nikki - originally i was like.. this isnt even going to be ironically enjoyed but why is she winning me over.. i am UNIROINCALLY loving it.. wtf... the verses r so f*cking good lMFAOOOO. i mean that chorus is absolutely horrid but im willing to overlook that. this week has just been so gorg for the most part idk how im going to point this.
21) Natalia Kills - QUEEEEEEEEEEN. saturday night is her best YUP. everything abt this era is just so fucking iconiccccc. she was giving it to the girls. she SHOULD be as big as lady gaga if we're being honest she served. admittedly this isnt my fave from her but whatever its still good. her shelves deserve to be showered in grammys yeah i said it. its true.
22) Booty Luv - so cheap.. yet so gorgeous. very old MAIDEN-type sounding. but yeah i can get behind this. nice for a closer wont listen again but what a moment when i DID for these last 5 minutes <3
1288 days 3 hours ago
Alexeh23
01) La Lana - TOOT - Yep I love this bop. Kinda underrated it at the time (though I think I gave it a couple points in a strong week) but DEFINITELY deserved to do better than 20th. I can’t say I love it as much as I used to earlier this year, it’s not on my repeat playlist anymore, but still a bop and it deserves to be in this second chance week.
02) ZESKULLZ, Tara Rautenbach - BOOT - We really could’ve left this song in TSC 388 but I mean at least now my comment gets to be published. At the time I said this sounds like what an algorithm would produce if it tried to make a TSC 5th placer but ironically it NQd after that so maybe I was wrong and it’s just what a bad artist would produce if they tried to make a bad song. There’s just not much of a song here it’s all in the production which like whatever I don’t care.
03) Låpsley - TOOT - I’m kinda leaning towards lol @ this even being here since it came 11th like 9 weeks ago but also it’s such a good song and I didn’t get to comment on it before so here we go - this song is STUNNING. I love Lapsley her voice is such so gorg and this song is gorg, the way it builds so flawlessly. This is excellence right here.
04) YUKIKA - TOOT - Speaking of excellence… YEP. This NQing was a borderline international outrage and crisis so I’m glad TSC has had the chance to rectify that this week. One of the most robbed entries of the year, and one of the best K-pop entries TSC has ever seen everything about this is stunning and yet a bop at the same time. So powerful.
05) Ruti - BOOT - There MUST be better Eoin songs that didn’t get top 10 surely?? Like her voice is the only good thing about this the rest of it is just a bore. Just when you think it might be good in the chorus that drop comes and ew ugly.
06) Fletcher - BOOT - I remember people talking about sending this last year and I didn’t care for it then, care for it even less now. It’s definitely a song of its time and that’s clearly demonstrated by the fact that she deleted the video herself and told the uploader of this very video to stop reuploading it too. It’s an OKAY song, but like, there’s definitely gonna be a lot better in this final.
07) Kelela - TOOT - Speaking of… hello TSC 416 winner? I did want to go for this myself but decided against it for reasons but I personally did this so dirty back when it was originally sent and the only consolation here is that so did a lot of TSC and we now have the chance to put that right. This is literally so good probably my fave Kelela song I’ve listened to this SO much since it was originally sent. Excellence.
08) Chappell Roan - SHOOT - https://media3.giphy.com/media/fSLaRb5dP8jf6ZlEyU/giphy.gif
Thinking about how this is the best song of the year inside TSC and out of it and how even though I’ve listened to this at least 300 times it hasn’t aged a single day and how I could write an entire essay about the sheer power, force, strength, talent, uniqueness and EXCELLENCE this song exudes but I’m not sure Tengaged would ever work in the same way again like if I really spoke about how much I LOVE this song the server would crash and we’d be forced to move to Discor- oh shit maybe I should.
Have you ever been struck by lightning? Chappell Roan’s electrifying Pink Pony Club, a song about self discovery, will make you feel like 300 lightning bolts are simultaneously striking the very ground you walk upon. With its classy piano introduction that gradually builds into the explosive pop chorus, Pink Pony Club is 4 minutes and 18 seconds of sheer auditory bliss further accentuated by Chappell Roan’s stunning vocal. She is the mother I never had, she is the sister everybody would want. She is the friend everybody deserves. She replied to my Instagram story once. I don’t know a better person. Stream California also.
In conclusion, I’m gonna keep on dancing at the Pink Pony Club, and so should YOU.
09) LEPATRIINU - TOOT - Yeah I think I just had a bit of an out of body experience but that just happens when I listen to Pink Pony Club that cannot be helped. This definitely deserves a shot at redemption since it came top 5 in ESCT after TSC. Her voice is grating but I’ve definitely got used to it with the multiple listens since then, and the rest of it is super cute. Great chorus, maybe better in an ESCT Estonia context than TSC second chances but I do still enjoy it.
10) Rina Sawayama - TOOT - I mean… it’s not Alterlife… but it’s the second best thing. I think like Kelela even I did this one dirty back when it was sent but here we are I’m about to right all my past wrongs. This is just pop excellence I definitely prefer her older music to the new Sawayama album but I know that’s just me and that’s okay. This is still so good it sounds so fresh the production is so good she sounds so good it’s all so good.
11) Ravyn Lenae - TOOT - This week has been SO good like we need to do second chances every year if there are gems like THIS that we robbed the first time around. I do vaguely remember this being in TSC before and liking it but I do not remember it being THIS good like… hello excellence? This executes the retro sound SO well and it was before it was really back in the mainstream… mom. This was just 3 minutes 21 seconds of ear candy like it’s so incredible? Maybe that sticky-icky is the potion idk I’m sold.
12) Hello Operator - BOOT - In an ordinary week this would be a toot but like let’s not pretend this stands a chance at getting points from me here. The POWER this song has though, it truly deserves a place in TSC history. Bibbles entering a song with a swear word in secret Bibbles no swearing week. <3 This was genuinely one of my favourite songs of that week though, mostly for that chorus. With this competition it doesn’t sound quite as good and I don’t really know how it’ll shape up, and I can’t see it doing better than its original result, but still its reputation remains.
13) Katie - BOOT - Oh I was SO into this until that chorus hit. The verses were really nice but the chorus just didn’t do it for me here. Idk maybe on a repeated listen I’d be more into it but here it just felt a bit clunky in the chorus and that killed it for me I’m so upset. I really should’ve liked this sorry Katie.
14) MARINA & THE DIAMONDS - TOOT - Another toot but this is one of my fave Marina songs. This was a kinda lol entry at the time so seeing it in second chances is a little more lol but it IS a very good song that deserved top 10 anyway.
15) A R I Z O N A - TOOT - Waittt I was hating on this qualifying but listening again hello? The production on this is really solid and his voice is really soothing and relaxing to hear. This whole thing was really pretty and really nice in a different way to a lot of this week, it stands out to me. I would’ve preferred it to stay how it was for the first minute honestly but I wasn’t mad at this at all.
16) Kah-Lo - TOOT - Oh I love this queen. I remember not caring that much for this song when it was originally sent, I think there are better Kah-Lo songs, better 11th places and better Penny songs that could’ve been sent but this is still a good song. Feel like it might get a little lost in this week but it is good.
17) ROSALÍA - TOOT - This was in a strong week I think, probably would’ve top 10d in a weaker one. It’s not my fave Rosalía song but this has definitely grown on me over the last year or so. It’s chill in a way that’s executed pretty well. Not sure how it’ll shape up for me across the whole week, but I like it.
18) Lucia Fernanda - TOOT - LMAO and then Lucia comes and blows Rosalía out of the park. I mean sending a song that did pretty decently a few weeks ago is a bit lol but I’m willing to look past that for this BANGER because it really did deserve top 10. Spanish excellence I have no choice but to stan.
19) Of Monsters and Men - BOOT - I really don’t wanna have to listen to this AGAIN when I already know exactly what I’m gonna say but this was only sent in TSC 391 so if you wanna know what I think you can just go back and look because I’m pretty sure I wrote like an essay then and my opinion hasn’t changed. Can’t we just let Rick NQ for a change??
20) Little Nikki - BOOT - LMAO this was so cheap. I was living a bit but I’ve tooted almost everything so I had to draw the line somewhere. It was kinda too all over the place for me like there was always SO MUCH going on I needed it to stop and give me a break.
21) Natalia Kills - TOOT - I love this queen, I wasn’t really expecting to like this as much as I did but I was pleasantly surprised. The chorus takes a bit of getting used to but I did really enjoy this actually. Fierce.
22) Booty Luv - BOOT - Goes down a similar road to Little Nikki, this one’s a bit more polished but also felt a little too restrained? Which I know contradicts my Little Nikki comment but between them they go too far on opposite sides of the spectrum for trash pop like this. Would probably love it at the time if I’d known it but I don’t have the nostalgia to push it through.

NQ) Orange Caramel - TOOT - Well this deserved to be in the final I will tell you all that! I’m not sure I liked it that much in its original contest but it’s definitely more my thing now. A cute K-pop song without being too cute, and has some pretty iconic moments too. Not in love with the verses, but it’s super pleasant and fun anyway.
NQ) NK - BOOT - Hated this one at the time so I’m sure it’s no surprise to Scott that this is a boot again.
NQ) Alice Merton - TOOT - This is a hot take TSC isn’t ready for but I’ve always thought this song was massively superior to No Roots which was like fine I guess. Just really fun and strong and it’s a bop, robbed it deserved to be in the final.
NQ) Dynoro & Ina Wroldsen - TOOT - Didn’t care for this at the time but as far as Ina’s dance pop songs go I think this is one of my favourites actually. There are probably better 11th places and there are definitely better eligible QueenM1chelle entries out there but I do still quite like this song. Solid, but at the end of the day probably wouldn’t have made it into my final top 10.
NQ) POWERWOLF - BOOT - There was just too much flavour this week for me to even pretend to humour this, but good for the people it’s aimed at!
NQ) Wonder Girls - TOOT - Robbed! This was super cute, such a smooth listen. I was kinda hoping it’d do more based on previous songs of theirs that I’ve heard but it was still lovely. Like the vibe of the verses more than anything else, but it’s a smooth, nice listen.
NQ) U.S. Girls - TOOT - I’d say I can’t believe TSC let this flop AGAIN but… it’s TSC I really can believe y’all let this flop again and I AM Mad As Hell about it! This is so good I’m so glad it’s in this week though. I love her voice and the whole retro vibe while still somehow feeling so current. Excellence.
NQ) Emily Warren - BOOT - There’s no way someone actually thought THIS deserved a second chance like what did you think it was gonna achieve? This is random.org at work.
NQ) Vanessa Quai - BOOT - Yeah okay she was fun at the time but now she’s in the company of actual excellence so she can stay out of the final. Maybe try again in best of or whatever.
NQ) IAMWARFACE - TOOT - I actually did kinda like this at the time, the general sound of it is really well executed and I’d say this is on the upper end of the scale for this kind of rock music. Parts of it are really good, other parts, not so much, but I am still enjoying it. Not sure if it would’ve got points in the final, but I do like that this is here.
NQ) FKA twigs - TOOT - Oh hello excellence this is one of the best FKA twigs songs I cannot BELIEVE she’s never got top 10. Actually I can because like… TSC. It’s ok Brad you know I can treat your songs better than the rest of these horrible people and this is EXCELLENCE. Love love love.

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!