This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 416 Final

Topic » TSC 416 Final

1296 days 3 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
01) La Lana - ESCT spoilers: this is a bop and a half that has really grown on me.
02) ZESKULLZ, Tara Rautenbach - TSC 388 SF1 bonus feature! "ZESKULLZ, Tara Rautenbach - Cute lil pop entry. 3/4th's of the way there, but a solid enough effort." Feel pretty much the same way now.
03) Låpsley - Good thing I commented on this like 2 months ago. "Låpsley - Interesting and pleasant upon arrival, wore out its welcome by the end."
04) YUKIKA - TSC 409 SF2 bonus feature! "Not my brand of k/j-pop (bangers), but it's a nice enough palate cleanser after Nicola Roberts. The production is really dreamy. Lacking punch, but I feel like that's the intent." It's cute enough, but it's up against some heavy hitters for me.
05) Ruti - Pretty vocally, but I found the production to be boring.
06) Fletcher - Such a cute song -- still the best thing Fletcher has done IMO. Thank you for acknowledging me!
07) Kelela - I tried to send this myself to see if TSC has truly changed for the better. Someone beat me to it! Happy to point it, though.
08) Chappell Roan - Mommy, I think I'm in the wrong semi. Will likely be the stand-out of the semi for the Pink Pony girls, but I've always found this to be just FINE.
09) LEPATRIINU - Like three years later and this still feels like a song that would need to grow on me with repeated listens. It's alright.
10) Rina Sawayama - I think I might be the only person who considers this their favorite Rina song. Adore it.
11) Ravyn Lenae - Ranked relatively high on my year end list for that TSC "season." Much more suited for TSC these days -- think I was one of the only people that stanned it originally. Smooth as buttah.
12) Hello Operator - The verses still immediately gave me True Blood theme song vibes. It's still not good, but bibbs. <3
13) Katie - Loved this song originally and still do. Thought this was robbed back in the day -- another case where I want to see if TSC has TRULY changed and can accept good R&B/R&B adjacent songs. <3
14) MARINA & THE DIAMONDS - An unoriginal, albeit solid, choice the first time around. Still a solid unoriginal choice!
15) A R I Z O N A - I think I'd lowkey stan this if his voice was a little more interesting, say like a Josef Salvat tone. It's nice, though.
16) Kah-Lo - Was gonna be happy if either this or Fake ID ended up here, so needless to say, your girl is happy.
17) ROSALÍA - This song is still fucking incredible.
18) Lucia Fernanda - Okay, spit it fast, miss Lucia Fernanda. Got me going back and forth between a quick swivel and a slow wind. Very rude to put this right next to Rosalia's masterpiece, but oh well.
19) Of Monsters and Men - It's really pretty. ESCT gave it a lot of time for it to grow on me.
20) Little Nikki - LMFAO, I cannot believe this qualified. This was Tolis and I's -song- for a good few weeks at one point. It hasn't aged the best (NOW INVITED TO JOIN ME IN AWESOME MAKES ME WINCE), but it still goes off.
21) Natalia Kills - Ugh, so many songs this week that would be up for consideration for my top points in most weeks. I know she's problematic, but Natalia gave us some fucking HITS.
22) Booty Luv - Dated bop that would probably do better with me if I had some sort of previous attachment to it (though I have to imagine I pointed it back in the day).
1296 days ago
dragotistic
01) La Lana - She has a really nice voice. But I am not a big fan of that chorus. This is definitely better on a second listen but I’m not fully convinced that this is the bop I’m looking for this contest.
02) ZESKULLZ, Tara Rautenbach - This was kinda just there? I’m not upset at it being here but of all the songs you could choose, you choose this one? Interesting choice but I’m not really feeling it. And upon a further review, my feelings have not changed.
03) Låpsley - I feel like my comment on this song from TSC 407 is enough to say how I feel about this song still. Lapsley - There was a tranquil quality in this song that was almost magnetic all the way through. One of the only songs that I replayed after I finished listening the first time.
04) YUKIKA - The best part of this is the energy of the instrumental. The vocals are the weakest part of this for me. It has a really solid instrumental, good energy, and the only thing I need is a vocal that matches that. Pretty good.
05) Ruti - Wasn’t surprised to see this qualify. She has a lovely voice but the song was kinda deflating in a way. Not what I was looking for but it’s a solid listen.
06) Fletcher - Okay, I was a little too rough on this song in the semi, but it’s a pleasant listen and I enjoyed it for the most part. I remember that this song was hyped when it first appeared in TSC so I think it does deserve a second chance.
07) Kelela - This is solid. Not exactly in my wheelhouse but it’s definitely a strong song and I enjoyed listening to it this time around. Don’t think I was a fan the first time back in 286 but I can be proven wrong.
08) Chappell Roan - Am I coming around on this song? Maybe I am. Maybe I’m not. I’m conflicted. She’s got a wonderful voice but I am way too conflicted on this song to decide if I like it or not. Let me listen to it again. Yep, I’m still going back and forth. This is a real pickle I’ve found myself in. Wait….is the Pink Pony Club a strip club? I’m trying to figure out this song.
09) LEPATRIINU - She’s got a good voice and the song does a really nice job of showcasing it. I wish the instrumental was a little more than what it was but it wasn’t bad at all. Enjoyed this.
10) Rina Sawayama - Is this the fourth appearance by Rina Sawayama this year? Honestly iconic. How this song didn’t get a top ten is beyond me. One of her best in my opinion.
11) Ravyn Lenae - I wasn’t a huge fan of this. It was mainly the weird vocal noises she made. Just wasn’t for me.
12) Hello Operator - This was cool the first time around but the glimmer has worn down on this. It didn’t age particularly well for me.
13) Katie - She’s got a great voice. But the chorus lets me down. Was not a huge fan of this unfortunately.
14) MARINA & THE DIAMONDS - Not my favorite Marina song but this is certainly a contender for my high points. I usually vibe with her material. Solid tune.
15) A R I Z O N A - I agree with Steve here. I’d enjoy this song loads more if he had a stronger tone to his voice. I’m imagining Josef Salvat sing this and I’m thinking about how good that would be.
16) Kah-Lo - Not for me but I’m certain this is going to do well regardless of how I feel about it.
17) ROSALÍA - She’s certainly got a solid vibe about her but I’ve heard the song many times before and each time I’m less impressed by it.
18) Lucia Fernanda - I remember this song was in desperate need of a chorus. But I am a fan of it for the most part. I can’t see it being a contender for my top points but it could certainly sneak into the mid-tier of my points so who knows.
19) Of Monsters and Men - I mean, what can I say? I’ve always been a fan of their stuff and I am so glad to see them in a TSC where I can give them my points. Just a great song with a great chorus and great vibes. :)
20) Little Nikki - Well this was certainly an enjoyable mess. I enjoyed this for what it was :D. Definitely one of the surprises thus far.
21) Natalia Kills - Ladies and gentlemen, I’m just going to state the obvious, we have a doppelganger in our midst. I… as an artist who respects creative, integrity, and intellectual property, I’m disgusted at how much you have copied my husband from the hair to the suit. Do you not have any value or respect for originality? You’re a laughing stock, its cheesy, it’s disgusting. I personally – I personally found it absolutely, artistically, atrocious. I am embarrassed to be sitting here in your presence having to even dignify you with an answer of my opinion.
22) Booty Luv - This was a decent track to close out to. Definitely house-trance inspired and I’m enjoying it. Solid closer.
1295 days 23 hours ago
Darbe
first of all, ya'll are whack
https://i.gifer.com/IiFx.gif

but

1. La Lana - While I do see the appeal, this type of attitude mainly annoys me.
2. ZESKULLZ - This got semi-fucked last time. It sounds very 2016 but in a good way. It is ‘basic’ but its still a polished track that I enjoy.
3. Lapsley - This would’ve got my 12 in its original contest if I had remembered to lock my votes. I’m shocked this is a female singer, but the track still is atmospheric and calming.
4. YUKIKA - Well, it should’ve qualified in its original contest. It’s maybe too campy for my personal taste, but I respect the song anyway. It’s good.
5. Ruti - Her vocal is awesome - reminds me of London Grammar. This track was interesting as it took a few unexpected shifts, but I still can’t work out whether it was FULLY successful for me.
6. FLETCHER - This was a standard feel-good pop song with a bit of a country twang instrumentally. I could see this doing well.
7. Kelela - This is solid electro-R&B. I can’t fault this at all. Just very good and in my taste range.
8. Chappell Roan - In it’s original contest my issue was primarily with the chorus which I found a bit corny, but I always appreciated the verses. I still feel the same way to an extent, but I like the concept of the song and her vocal is great. Strong track overall.
9. LEPATRIINU - To be completely honest, I found this to be a bit of a train wreck. Her vocal is grating and the production just doesn’t even flow. I do think it’d aggravate me less after a few listens but who has the time for that really?
10. Rina Sawayama - Her style does change with every track it seems. Good production and decent track.
11. Ravyn Lenae - I love Darbe bait. Stunning, smooth and unique.
12. Hello Operator - The production and first verse are really strong, but it actually turns hideous as soon as the chorus hits. I hate everything about that chorus and it just becomes a headache to listen to from then onwards.
13. Katie - It had potential, but the chorus was really uncomfortable to listen to.
14. MARINA - Thanks for appreciating my previous entry! I can’t lie, this is definitely one of the gayest songs I’ve ever heard in my life and I’ve been feeling kinda homophobic lately BUT I know it’s a very clever, solid pop song.
15. Katie - It had potential, but the chorus was really uncomfortable to listen to.
16. Kah-Lo - I’ve come to appreciate this style a bit more since this track was initially entered and I dismissed it. The chorus is fun!
17. ROSALIA - I expected this to be annoying but, honestly, this was much slicker than I expected. I see why this song has quite a bit of hype everywhere.
18. Lucia Fernanda - Oh I am sorry but I just don’t care for this really at all.
19. Of Monsters and Men - Truthfully, I supported this in its original contest but now I just find it mainly boring. A decent hook but the song overall is a slog. I now detest it for taking out the excellence in the semis.
20. Little Nikki - This is just bad all-around basically. Cheap, dated, messy, annoying. Weird how this managed to make finals?
21. Natalia Kills - I always wished this packed more punch than it actually does production wise. It tries to be ‘harder’ than it is.
22. Booty Luv - Well, it’s a funny dated bop.
1295 days 16 hours ago
varlto
01) La Lana: ok so i personally love the verses but however, the chorus does not do it for me because of those annoying sounds idk i dont fully enjoy that part!
02) ZESKULLZ, Tara Rautenbach: this was pretty dull! i get why it didn't qualify in its edition and i'm kinda shocked to see it in the finals now! but once again, i do get the appeal for some people
03) Låpsley: oooh will! you'll be happy to know this has grown on me! it's a beautiful song for sure and while it isn't very impactful, its something that got to me!
04) YUKIKA: this is kinda horrible :(
05) Ruti: it's a beautiful song but i didn't really feel it. if you do a song like this, it has to touch me!
06) Fletcher: fletcher is a good singer and y'all are JEALOUS. this is a pretty good song and i like it!
07) Kelela: yeah this song was just so dull and boring
08) Chappell Roan: PINK PONY CLUB! i'm almost sure this is winning this week LMAO
09) LEPATRIINU:  going frmo hating this on esct to actually quite liking it is impressive!
10) Rina Sawayama: oh? this song is good! way better than the rina song sent this year! i liked this quite a lot!
11) Ravyn Lenae: uhhh something about this felt really off, idk, not for me
12) Hello Operator: you actually created a masterpiece! i really liked this. it was amazing!
13) Katie: there are some songs that i dont get how they qualified? anyways
14) MARINA & THE DIAMONDS: this was cute. nothing too good tbh
15) A R I Z O N A: oh im in love w this one yupyupyup you get it princessteepee
16) Kah-Lo: i somehow liked this? i dont think it was good but still enjoyable if u get what i mean LMAO
17) ROSALÍA: this is a
18) Lucia Fernanda: masterpiece.
19) Of Monsters and Men: and so is this one???? omam is such a good band and i love it ricktworick1 knew what he had to do when he sent this
20) Little Nikki: oh i didnt expect THIS? i love it, it's really good and catchy for sure!
21) Natalia Kills: oh but this one was good? i really liked it. ik the girl is problematic but we will forget that
22) Booty Luv:  oooh no i didnt like this one tbbh :( something about it was off
1295 days 16 hours ago
varlto
https://media.giphy.com/media/GCQTdCoxppwecFgqIG/giphy.gif
1295 days 11 hours ago
QueenM1chelle
https://i.imgur.com/26reOdq.gif
1295 days 10 hours ago
hellomynameis347
1295 days 9 hours ago
ricktworick1
1295 days 8 hours ago
Slice
1295 days 4 hours ago
Insanity
1295 days 4 hours ago
Natepresnell
Honestly, I wasn’t going to vote until Sunday but I started listening and as somebody who has consistently placed in double digits 41/46 times I’m not surprised that I enjoyed most of these songs

1 - This is an absolute bop, I think this opening song is what made me want to listen to the rest of the contest
2 - It’s that song that somebody always submits every week that is cheap but I always really like
3 - It’s not bad, but I know a lot of the songs that are coming my way later iand I already know this won’t match up to them for me
4 - I’ll forgive whoever sent this but I won’t forget
5 - The versus of this are good. The chorus is also good, but it loses a lot of quality for me on that cheap drop
6 - This just falls flat for me. It’s kind of basic
7 - I like the instrumental but the actual singing itself isn’t exactly my type of thing
8 - It’s definitely catchy. She sounds like Melanie Martinez at times tbh
9 - I like everything about this song. It builds up really well and the chorus and drop are amazing. I like her change in voice when she reaches the chorus a lot. Great song
10 - The chorus was enjoyable. The rest is kind of bland
11 - I couldn’t really get into this
12 - I am so back and forth on this song. Like parts of it are good but other parts I don’t really know what to think.
13 - The chorus saves this song. Otherwise, I don’t think it has that many good qualities
14 - I didn’t like this the first time I heard it but I’ve come around to it. I still prefer many of her other songs
15 - A strong male song that really stands out in this final. I like it
16 - I can get behind this. It’s messy but good
17 - This was the song of summer 2018
18 - Imagine putting the two best songs back to back
19 - I really like this. It’s so simple but so good
20 - Yeah this is not for me
21 - I feel like on any other week, this type of song would make my top 10 but it’s going to be hard this week
22 - This contest started off strong with a really good bop and it’s finishing with one
1295 days 3 hours ago
Darbe
apologies, i fucked up on my comments and put Katie twice

15. A R I Z O N A - This track is very Chainsmokers. I wish this track went somewhere. It has a lot of potential, but missed opportunity with the ‘drop’ which is a whole lot of nothing after a huge buildup of nostalgia.
1294 days ago
Patrick319
01) La Lana - I strongly considered submitting this. I slowly became obsessed with this song shortly after its contest. I still can't believe I gave it 0 points then, but to be fair that was a strong contest at the very start of the TSC year. Well, I'm here to make it RIGHT! You can be assured of that.
02) ZESKULLZ, Tara Rautenbach - I don't get all the hate this song gets LOL. It's not the best thing in the world, but it's cute enough. Nice drop.
03) Låpsley - Not for me. A bit slow, and doesn't go anywhere memorable in my opinion.
04) YUKIKA - Not one of my favourites, but I can acknowledge that it was robbed. I can really vibe with this.
05) Ruti - This is nice. The London Grammar comparison that Brad pointed out makes a lot of sense. I really like her voice. I wish the chorus was a tad stronger, but the buildup to the chorus is quite magical.
06) Fletcher - This song kinda aged like milk ngl. I think it would have done well had it been submitted last year. At this point I think Fletcher has had some stronger releases. Still not bad though.
07) Kelela - ART!! I severely underrated this back when it was sent. I would rank it appropriately, today.
08) Chappell Roan - Congrats on your win. Good song. When it gets going, it REALLY GETS GOING. Strong chorus.
09) LEPATRIINU - BOP!!!! I'm glad this got its redemption in ESCT. I find the song really charming with a spectacular chorus. I hope this does well.
10) Rina Sawayama - Overrated man. I actually don't hate this, but it pales in comparison to some of the other songs. I find it kinda basic.
11) Ravyn Lenae - I remember this. Didn't care for it then, and don't care for it now. I find it super boring.
12) Hello Operator - This song invented male rock music!!!! I still actually like this. It's not my favourite, but I appreciate the dark quality to it.
13) Katie - I REMEMBER not voting for this.
14) MARINA & THE DIAMONDS - Marina annoys me in the context of a second chance contest, even if I like the song. I thought it would have surprisingly flopped in the semi, but I guess I was wrong. This might get points from me.
15) A R I Z O N A - I like this band, and I like this song. I find it super nostalgic for a lack of a better word.
16) Kah-Lo - I randomly rediscovered this song a few weeks ago and have had it on repeat since. It's definitely an underrated TSC entry from last year. I don't think I even ranked it in my top 100. SHAME! Kah-Lo doesn't have a song I don't enjoy.
17) ROSALIA - This had no business placing outside of the top 10 but to be fair, I think that was a strong contest. I recall it also being the first contest of the year. Its grown off me a bit since its release, but still a solid track nonetheless.
18) Lucia Fernanda - Lucia Fernanda - This was the week I began to spiral. How did this place above me that week? Horrible.
19) Of Monsters and Men - I mean, it would be incredibly shady of me NOT to point this.
20) Little Nikki - Lol I don't hate this. It sort of feels like an old-school Eva Simons track. I can tell this hasn't aged well, but it's not bad. Entertaining drop.
21) Natalia Kills - I love Natalia's old music, but I didn't enjoy this. It felt messy without much of a coherent structure. It rightfully flopped.
22) Booty Luv - Another song that hasn't necessarily aged well, but still entertains me. This has a weaker chorus to Little Nikki, but as a total package I reckon is much stronger.
1293 days 21 hours ago
ianfitz0012
02) ZESKULLZ, Tara Rautenbach - MEN!!!!! This was fine years ago but in this pool it can kick rocks vanessa was ROBBED
03) Låpsley - if it's not Station, then keep it. I don't need this xanax tonight
04) YUKIKA - unsure why this was your second chance choice… I don't remember it at ALL and will forget again
05) Ruti - I'm not really interested in what this deep voiced woman has to say sorry.
06) Fletcher - her best song period… Honestly I liked her stuff better when she was still finding her sound compared to now.
07) Kelela - TSC hates black women! This is great
08) Chappell Roan - MOM!!!! She makes me so proud to live in West Hollywood
09) LEPATRIINU - I'm on a VIBE right now and this song was NOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!! Like get this manic pixie dream girl BULLSHIT away from me… catchy at times tho
10) Rina Sawayama - didn't really expect this from her. Another solid pick that I'll want to listen to again… and I did and I LOVE IT
11) Ravyn Lenae - it's ~~~funky~~~ and there are times I like this song but it seems like something that could grow on me and I don't think I participated in tsc 303 so (and if I do I don't remember this)
12) Hello Operator - oh I stanned this swearing song then and I still kinda stan it now
13) Katie - the chorus sounds like a completely different song LOL I feel odd judging this. It's very polarizing, can see why it got 13th but expect it to do better here
14) MARINA & THE DIAMONDS - idk why this is in TSC second chances but NOT ON MY WATCH!!!!!!! Bye basic ass hoe
15) A R I Z O N A- pleasant but not like the winner pick for me. I simply like other songs that are less chill, better
16) Kah-Lo - I love my queen PennyTrationStan. Idk if he submitted this but not my favorite. The verses just don't do it for me. It's more or less aimless wandering
17) ROSALÍA - gOOOoooOOOooOOoOOOOod this was so boring and if tsc wants to start now with stanning latin pop entries I can point them to OTHER songs that were better (KAROL G MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
18) Lucia Fernanda - I feel like this song's accomplishment in this contest was qualifying. Congrats. Next
19) Of Monsters and Men - I wouldn't have put this in my top 10 any week, curious to hear why it was sent again. But on a lighter note, I think I like it better this time. "Girl in a bathtub" amiright????
20) Little Nikki - this was so fun! Songs like this are why I'm glad this theme happens. Not like amazingly special or anything but like it is fun to listen to so there's a win I guess
21) Natalia Kills - edgY she's done better
22) Booty Luv - I could have this on in the background of a club but it is so generic I wouldn't be able to remember it
1293 days 20 hours ago
turkeylover

01) La Lana - Well! This is cute! It’s nothing special but it’s cute. I don’t really have a lot to say so yeah. It’s just cute. That’s it.
02) ZESKULLZ, Tara Rautenbach - I liked this and then the chorus came on…. It’s not bad but it’s very zedd? And Calvin harris? It’s just kind of meh. Fka Twigs was robbed.
03) Låpsley - I didn’t hate this! I actually kind of like it! But it has no business being 4987654323456 minutes long. Like it’s so long and for what?? There’s no reason. Is there even a chorus??
04) YUKIKA - The fact that this nq’d is so disgusting. The beat/instrumental/whatever it’s called is so so good. I guess the vocals could be stronger or whatever but this song is super cute so yeah!
05) Ruti - This is cute! I love her voice. But there’s parts of this song that’s just kind of meh. I do like the chorus though.
06) Fletcher - Well…. This was cute until the chorus…. Yeah. https://i.imgur.com/QaomL2c.gif
07) Kelela - This got 18th???? Huh??? Tsc has no taste and it’s constantly shown. I’m tired of it. This is so stunning! I love her voice. She served.
08) Chappell Roan - Now this is the best song ever made ! Pink Pony Club isn’t just a SONG, it’s a lifestyle, a reason to breathe, an escape from this cruel world filled with thieves. It’s art, the first gift you open on xmas, a hug from a loved one, everything you’ve ever wanted, everything you ever need. Chappell Roan threw the first brick at stonewall. Mom.
09) LEPATRIINU - When I first heard this song, I thought it super cute. But now hearing it again….it kind of aged poorly? Like, it’s kinda alan walker? I don’t know but yeah.
10) Rina Sawayama - Now miss rina sawayama invented music. The fact that she has been sent like 456789009876545678 times this year and hasn’t won is sick and twisted. Everyone should be ashamed of themselves. Anyways, cherry is one of my favorite rina songs! It’s just so good!
11) Ravyn Lenae - I can’t believe this didn’t get top 10…. Tsc really IS tasteless. This song is so good. It’s just so good. Ugh, her mind.
12) Hello Operator - I refuse to believe I live in a world where this qualified over wonder girls and orange caramel. Honestly, this song isn’t THAT bad. But it shouldn’t be here. At all.
13) Katie - I wasn’t expecting this to serve as much as it does. Like, it’s actually kinda so good?? I also really like the music video!
14) MARINA & THE DIAMONDS - Ugh, one of my favorite marina songs! This song is so good and people who dislike it, can’t have valid opinions on music. And Froot IS her best album!!!!! I also really like this music video. I wish marina didn’t drop and the diamonds because yeah….. I can’t wait to defend m5 from pennytrationstan’s vicious attacks.
15) A R I Z O N A - …… Fka twigs really nq’d so m*n could be in the finals. I hate it here. I decided that I hate every semi 2 voter. This is so blah. This didn’t need a second chance.
16) Kah-Lo - Oh this is a serve! I love the chorus and the beat! This is another song that was robbed! But I'm not shocked because tsc is tasteless etc! I think I should go listen to miss Kah-Lo’s discography.
17) ROSALÍA - This is cute, I guess. I’m not, like, in love with it. It’s not bad at all, it’s just eh. Not that memorable to me. Yeah. Wonder girls or Orange Caramel would’ve served here.
18) Lucia Fernanda - Look at the comment above :)
19) Of Monsters and Men - Look at the comment for song number 15 :)
20) Little Nikki - LMFAO this is giving disney channel music. I love it! This is a hot mess and it’s enjoyable.
21) Natalia Kills - For some reason this song makes me think of Ethan Peck as Patrick Verona in 10 things i hate about you (the tv series)! Speaking of Ethan Peck, he is NOT ugly!!!! I’m not gonna name names (pennytrationstan) but a certain tger (pennytrationstan) needs to stop cyberbullying that irrelevant man who probably wouldn’t even have a career if his grandfather wasn’t famous!!!! Anyways, i like this song! It’s not my favorite natalia song (mirrors <333) but I still like it!
22) Booty Luv - LMAO this is actually good! It's very irrelevant girl group bop? if that makes sense? It's a little dated but I don't mind it! Overall, it’s just a very fun song and stuff!

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!