This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 401 Final

Topic » TSC 401 Final

1405 days 6 hours ago
MISSimogen
01) MOTi, Laura White - well i want to like it but this type of song just screams generic so it always leaves a sour taste in my mouth. it’s probably okay but we’ve heard this SOOOO many times so
02) St. Vincent - i really feel like i should like her but i never really got into her stuff. on first listen this isnt really making me want to delve into her discography either theres not really much going on. ok im onto my second listen and im starting to like this. there is something a bit beautiful about how soothing her voice is and how understated this whole song is idk stuff like this just gets me and i am starting to rly appreciate it than i did on first listen its def a grower
03) Agnes - i was expecting the WORST from this and was pleasantly surprised. its NOT as dated as i thought it would be. its actually a bit of a bop. not something id revisit but i can appreciate it for what it is and a nice listen x
04) Maggie Lindemann - she’s another one that i see all the time but all the songs i’ve heard have been so boring and shite and this one didn’t exactly change my mind it just really exists and i LOVE my pop girlies but this really isn’t it.. if this is what the next generation of pop girlies are giving us then this is genuinely upsetting me and my homegirls
05) Jackie Castro - ugh come on jackie i’m waiting for a serve please don’t be boring give me something MORE. her voice is pretty and the claps in the instrumental are doing something to me it better be building up to something good... OH WAITTTT SHE DID THATTTTT THE CHORUS IS THE MOMENT!!!!!!!
06) Teodora - not feeling this at all... omg it just feels so empty and LIFELESS. i needed something to push to over the edge because it has the potential to go off but its tame for this whole genre which is weird bc the mv is doing the MOST
07) The Band CAMINO - didnt like this really in the semis found it a bit borin but i appreciate it more here not exactly in LOVE or will ever listen to it again. but for a b*y band its actually not entirely horrible to listen to
08) The Saturdays - oh when i seen the saturdays i was smiling frm ear to ear they ARE the blueprint end of. this is actually a decent song also its so dated and even the vocals sound like they were recorded on a microwave but its a trashy pop song and it can never do that wrong to me
09) Fleur East -  oh fleur east.. i’ll never forgive her for the sh*te that was sax i’m getting ptsd and for that reason.. i’m out
10) Juliet Simms - ew i don’t like this it’s actually quite crap there’s nothing else to say it
didn’t give me that buzz end of😌
11) FINNEAS - oh god i was expecting something absolutely CRAP but why did i love this omfgg... the production is what rly gives this song a bit of zing. maybe white ginger straight male singers DO deserve rights after all <3
12) Izzy Bizu - hmmmm OKAY.. this is sort of my type of vibe it’s a lil bit retro sounding with that boppy disco vibe it’s quite gorgeous actually can def tap my toes to this. the chorus is a bit disappointing wanted a bit more and it’s slightly repetitive but we can overlook that because it’s an overall decent listen 
13) Samanta Tina - i hate her vocal on this also the lyrics are so f*cking cringy and so LITERALLLL... literally a modernised all about that bass and i could do without it. not even the drop could save it. there is space for empowering music like this but express it in a better way without making me squirm in a ball
14) Polly A - I NEED A HEALLINGGGGGGG! oh wait it went in a dif direction not sure im sold on it. some parts of this she gives me slight kat dahlia vibes and i am LIVINGGGGG maybe shes slowly winning me over
15) Dean Lewis -  this is f*cking *HORRID* and i’m not joking... WHY IS HE SINGING LIKE THAT PLSSSSS YOURE NOT THAT EDGY!!!! if i could get over that cursive-esque voice maybe i’d enjoy it more but i CANNOT
16) Annika Rose - aw annika rose i see her all over but none of her songs have ever stood out to me. this ones okay nothing to shout about but i might listen to it here and there
17) VINAI - oh wow what a unique effect on the vocals it makes it so edgy and amazing hehehehehhe. ok i’m coming back to this song and my previous comment isn’t sitting well with me i actually DO like it idk why i was so against it. it’s not actually like that shite that was MOTI it had a bit of pizzazz
18) Austin French -  oh i had to roll my eyes when i seen his mug come up on my screen and my first impression was CORRECT. BAN WHITE MEN FROM TSC!!!!! and the fact this qualified before BECKY AND THE BIRDS AND CHELSEA JADE?!?!... THIS IS SO SICK AND TWISTED IVE NEVER BEEN MORE UPSET
19) Drew Sycamore - ok im only doing jury duty for this queen and this queen ALONE. she is sparking a revolution. she IS the mockingjay for the fallen. was going to send her this week but thought i could keep her for a few weeks but im glad someone sent her. it lowkey gives me muna and caroline polachek vibes but gentrified. it is just gorgeous im SOLD.
20) VADA - aw im a sucker for non english lately when i dabbled in it for a few weeks it really just has something that the english could NEVER. this was so beautiful and i also like this beat against her angelic voice mmm the juxtaposition is just MWAH! ew.. could've done without the man ruining it tho as per usual
21) Marisa Maino - oh hold up.. this queen coming through with a gorg little bop this is right up my street! *cheryl voice* to me this is what the pop girlies should be doing and that maggie girl should take notes
22) Palaye Royale - yeah this is a one for the emo boys. im not sad enough to listen to this im afraid!!! its not for me
23) Loula - aw is she one of my quirky girls i KNOW she owns 8 cats. im a sucker for stuff like this what can i say. it has a punchy production and its nice enough might scrape a few points from me.
24) Weird Genius - i can honestly see this doing quite well its very atmospheric and what not but its just never been a bit of me honestly.. it gets pointers for being different and bit out of the box i suppose but its just a lot of noise you're not SOPHIE only she can bang pots and pans and it be a masterpiece sorry!
1405 days 5 hours ago
Alexeh23
01) MOTi, Laura White - Oh this is really strong. The chorus isn’t quite as good as the rest of it but overall this was just a really solid dance song that I enjoyed a lot. Strong vocal, strong verses, there wasn’t really anything I didn’t like about this. Think it could be a contender?
02) St. Vincent - Love her. <3 This song isn’t particularly one of my favourites of hers but it’s definitely a high bar. A really lovely song with a stunning chorus and great instrumentation. Listening to this here I’m kinda wondering WHY it’s not one of my favourites of hers because it’s brilliant. Fantastic pick I hope TSC doesn’t rob it.
03) Agnes - LMAO me expecting one of her newer bangers only to be met with this mess I was not ready for this. I don’t really care that much for this but that might partially be down to disappointment that it wasn’t one of her newer (better) songs. Yeah I mean it was fine but nothing all that special I’m kinda confused at why it’s here.
04) Maggie Lindemann - Not the kind of thing I was expecting from her at all. Sounds very familiar in places, can’t put my finger on why or where from. I can recognise that this was a pretty strong song, I just didn’t really get into it? Idk there was nothing particularly wrong with it, it just didn’t resonate with me or whatever. Fine song.
05) Jackie Castro - I literally had to stop listening to the final when this started I was just so bored. Idk I think this kind of thing is coming up a few more times today and it’s been executed a lot better than this, it just didn’t do anything for me. Like I’m not gonna remember how this goes or anything about it by the time I’ve finished this week. Just plodded along.
06) Teodora - YESSSSS I stanned this from the first beat. I’m definitely a sucker for this kind of urban Balkan trash and this slapped. Maybe I wish it went a _little_ bit harder? I’m not sure I’d choose to listen to this repeatedly like I did with Antilopa/the Tayna song I sent to BETA but it’s still a banger and it still slaps.
07) The Band CAMINO - What the fuck weren’t the Chainsmokers sent like 3 weeks ago? Ew ew ew ew ew ew this was some nightmare Chainsmokers/country m*le crossover this was absolutely VILE. I really did hate this from start to finish I was correct to predict it as NQ in the semis because that’s what it deserved.
08) The Saturdays - LMAO PLEASE IS THIS PITCHED UP? I think if this had been released as a single it would’ve charted too well to be sent here it’s got a very radio friendly quality to it. It’s definitely a bop, don’t think it’s up with their best nor do I know how it’ll compare to the rest of this (so far messy) week but yeah cheap trashy bop I enjoyed it.
09) Fleur East - Woman in a bathtub! Not the kind of song I’ve come to expect from Fleur but it’s actually pretty good. I like the hook, the chorus is strong. The whole package is quite subtle in a way I enjoyed. Verses veer on the side of TOO subtle but overall I did enjoy this song, it’s good.
10) Juliet Simms - Definitely like the chorus more than anything else about this song. Overall I quite liked it but I definitely feel like the verses held this back from being GREAT. I’m torn on it for now, I think it’d benefit from a second listen, because there were parts where I really loved it and parts where it kinda faded into the background.
11) FINNEAS - Oh this was more upbeat than I was expecting from him. Not sure I really enjoyed it though even though I really tried to! Gave me kinda iPhone advert vibes except nowhere near as catchy. Idk I was kinda hoping for more, maybe a downtempo song would’ve been a better pick for him after all.
12) Izzy Bizu - Had this on my list since it was released but never got round to sending it for reasons. Gorgeous though, stan it from start to finish. Really, really smooth, really gorgeous, yeah probably one of my favourite songs of the year congratulations you have a stan.
13) Samanta Tina - LMAO I love this queen so much. I don’t think it’s quite as wild as Still Breathing but it’s still definitely an experience, no doubt about it. Love the 50 motivational quotes message, love the chorus, love the messy drop, it kinda peaks with the first chorus unlike Still Breathing which always mixes it up but I still enjoyed this mess.
14) Polly A - The chorus to this felt REALLY dated but regardless I kinda enjoyed it? It was almost nostalgic because of how dated it was, it definitely veered on the right side of that. Like her voice, I wasn’t in love with it by any stretch but I enjoyed it more than I was initially expecting to. Cute song.
15) Dean Lewis - He peaked with Waves then apparently went down an avalanche. I mean there was nothing particularly wrong with it other than his voice occasionally grating, but who really gives a shit? Utterly unremarkable.
16) Annika Rose - First time I heard this I felt like it could’ve been a contender but listening again I’m not so sure. It’s cute, she’s got a good voice but the verses are definitely a killer, really annoying. Idk this was like 75% there but it didn’t quite hit the mark for me.
17) VINAI - I really don’t understand why the vocal does that? It just seems so unnecessary, kills the song for me. That said this wasn’t as good as I was hoping it would be from the first seconds anyway, kinda samey, was hoping it’d do more. Not sure if it was just because I couldn’t get over the vocal choice (which is showed up even more by the unaltered vocal being the drop??) or if it was just kinda bad lol.
18) Austin French - Who the fuck invited Olly Murs and why is he popping ready meals with a fork for 3 minutes??? This qualifying over Becky and the Birds sounds about white. BAN WHITE MEN FROM TSC!!!!!!
19) Drew Sycamore -  Yeah I’ve heard this one before. Like the vibe of it, the production is strong, but the chorus is pretty weak comparatively, which is a shame because the chorus is the best part of Perfect Disaster so I was really expecting it to snap. Idk it’s still pretty good I just feel like it could’ve been a lot better.
20) VADA - *googles* nope they’re Russian okay not for ESCT that’s a shame that probably means this will be good. Once this properly started I was into it, quite laid back and chilled while still having enough energy to keep me interested. The chorus is definitely a highlight, feel like that’ll be an earworm. Yeah this was definitely solid, grew on me as it went on.
21) Marisa Maino - Very cute song, one of the better takes on this sound this week imo. I can’t say I LOVED it or that it left much of an impact but it’s a very undeniably solid song, I can’t really pick out anything I disliked about it. Good song!
22) Palaye Royale - Keeping the Bibbles week spirit going. <3 This felt very Twenty One Pilots to me, and I’ve never particularly been a fan of theirs so this wasn’t really for me. There were parts of it I liked, the strings in the pre-chorus were really interesting, but overall I wasn’t that into this. I wish the chorus amounted to more really, feels quite samey the whole way through. Oh they’re fighting work. Still a samey song though.
23) Loula - Liking the synths on this one straight away. Getting a bit of a CRJ vibe here but with a different type of vocal which I like. Chorus is strong, like the way it builds with the kinda “drop” after the second chorus. Overall this was really solid actually, I feel like it’d grow on me too. I could see myself adding this to my playlist. Very strong entry imo.
24) Weird Genius - I got what this was trying to do but I’m not sure I’m entirely sold on it on first listen. The drop is cute, it does feel like the rest of the song is just filling up time to get back to that drop though and the drop alone isn’t good enough to compensate for that. Idk I was hoping for an all out ethnic EDM banger mess from this and I was a little underwhelmed. Maybe it’d benefit from a second listen?
1405 days 1 hour ago
Talian
01) MOTi, Laura White : It’s fun and fine enough. Doesn’t blow me away and I don’t like the reference to that 80’s song at all. But I wouldn’t mind this if it came out at the club. I like her voice a lot tho. Not my usual go-to vocals but they compliment the song well.

02) St. Vincent : This song is definitely an experience. It starts off slow and even it never really reaches a “climax” it really brings you into a change meant journey. I can feel her emotions thru this. Now, this isn’t exactly my genre and I can’t deny I wished it did a little “more” but it absolutely did it for me.

03) Agnes : It’s catchy. Very early 2010s. Probably a round the Release Me era? For how much I like this this is so specific to that moment in time that I can’t really seem to be moved by this? I liked the song overall but it feels too much “formulatic” in a 2010s way where songs didn’t really have much of a development. They were more A B A B like this.

04) Maggie Lindemann : Her voice is fine. The song is fine. But somehow relies too much on raggae which is not exactly my style at all. I wished they were more subtle with the references. It kinda fell flat after a while.

05) Jackie Castro : My train fo thoughts during the song : Fuck I hate this. What the fuck is this verse? Who wrote this pre-chorus? I am betting this is going very artsy. I am going to hate th- I AM ROMANTICIZING YOUUUUuUuuUuUuuuuuU!!!

06) Teodora : The right heir of Gazela. I liked it. Kinda a little downtoned than Gazela and it was on the verge of hating this. But I liked it.

07) The Band CAMINO : Seriously where was this last week? Honestly I would have stanned hard. Because I am doing it this week as well.

08) The Saturdays : It’s not bad but it’s just so cheap. Also... is that the Rochelle that used to host the XTra Factor? Also.. doesn’t this sound very KPOP-esque? Or is it just me?

09) Fleur East : Everything about this is so 2014 it hurts. The song. The video. Her hair. Idk. I feel dirty. I don’t like it.

10) Juliet Simms : Not bad. Usually i more of a fan of retro felling songs. Especially this female rock songs. This kinda went a little more unnoticed for me but overall I liked it.

11) FINNEAS : I feel like a poser for not sending this myself out of fear for the fags but I stan this song hard. The choirs in the chorus are just amazing. And that guitar with the clappy effect is just 😍 also I find it hard to believe he’s the one behind his sister’s songs. I mean... such a glow up on his own material.

12) Izzy Bizu : I don’t want to say this is the best funk song of the year. Like.. Dua Lipa who? But I am gonna say it : BEST FUNKY SONG OF THE YEAR. That chorus. That chorus. Let me repeat : THAT CHORUS!

13) Samanta Tina : For how much I love her accent and the message is nice. This sounds like it was written by a 10 year old.

14) Polly A : Omg this really made me feel feels. Her vocals were on point. I loved the lyrics and how they were introduced onto the music. Very  late 2000s ghetto r’n’b and I am a sucker for that.

15) Dean Lewis : It’s not a bad song but it’s just so 2015 folky rock I can’t even. I just wish we can leave this genre 5 years ago and just let go. Please?

16) Annika Rose : The chorus is really nice and berla I really enjoyed this . Didn’t expected it but I did. Didn’t blow me away but definitely a very pleasant listen .

17) VINAI : This is the kind of songs you can’t help wondering “what the fuck is this?” But also “why am I dancing this hard?”

18) Austin French : You can do no wrong for me with a  song like this. It’s always safe that I will like it. This maybe... a little too safe? But that’s just a very minor note.

19) Drew Sycamore : Oh I liked this. The chorus is very dark and captivating how I like them. Probably just a tad repetitive towards the end but I really like it nonetheless.

20) VADA : Nit bad but probably a little too laid back to be foreign? I don’t know, I feel we are missing something by not knowing what’s going on. It’s fine. But could have used a little more push in my opinion.

21) Marisa Maino : Sounds pretty much of a rip off of Bebe Rexha but it’s nice. Not a big fan of the chorus but it will do .

22) Palaye Royale : Wanted to send this last week. Such a good song. That song is everything. The very slow dark chorus is giving me everything I wanted and more. Such a “me” song I can’t even .

23) Loula : The song per se is not bad but I feel I heard it a million times in the exact same way this is . Also not really a fan of the vocals .

24) Weird Genius : That drop was a real mood killer tho.
1404 days 4 hours ago
Eoin
01) MOTi, Laura White - BOOT - I have been following Laura White over the last few months, waiting for her to drop an almighty bop and this is...not it. Just weak EDM, nothing new here and not that fun!

02) St. Vincent - TOOT - I liked this more on my first few listens, but this is still really pretty and I appreciate it a lot, I hope this defies the death slot and inspires similar songs to be entered because I quite enjoyed this.

03) Agnes - BOOT - I'm a sucker for violins usually, but this was painfully dated and felt shoehorned in just to use the artist.

04) Maggie Lindemann - BOOT - I was not really loving this at all, just too low energy, it had a different sound, so I appreciate that, but the overall package was too lacklustre from me, even with an interesting production.

05) Jackie Castro - TOOT - This was classic but cool for me? Like, parts of it felt quite five years ago, but the main chorus, had modern elements. I liked the soft touch to it and thought the overall package flowed really well together!

06) Teodora - BOOT - Style over substance, this ticks a lot of boxes, but fails to deliver anything good.

07) The Band CAMINO - BOOT - I just don't think this is the best execution of the genre, not very memorable and nothing that will really standout to me.

08) The Saturdays - BOOT - Terrible song, again a very lazy choice, by someone who clearly cannot be bothered to look for songs.

09) Fleur East - TOOT - This was very...fine, I think she's capable of more and I prefer her Size / Sax style, but this was fine and I don't have any real complaints. Just whelmed.

10) Juliet Simms - BOOT - She threw everything at the song, that's for sure. But for me, I just didn't really connect with the song and found it all to be a little too much.

11) FINNEAS - TOOT - Well, we all know I'm a sucker for a little bit of male pop, and this is no exception. A great production (Shocking, I know) and a nice smooth vocal, who doesn't oversing it.

12) Izzy Bizu - TOOT - Someone sent me this a few weeks ago, and I enjoyed it more, I kind of wanted a little more, but it hits all the chords it aims to, and is a nice chill song.

13) Samanta Tina - BOOT - I thought I liked this, but I guess it aged like milk? The drop's kinda disappointing for me, and her vocals are not great here.

14) Polly A - TOOT - Sweet, I'm not shook to the core, but this is really nice and cute. I don't have anything other to say, other than this makes me happy.

15) Dean Lewis - TOOT - This was fine, a solid chorus, boring enough verses, solid voice by Dean Lewis as usual. Overall, nothing really exemplary, but nothing i can nitpick at.

16) Annika Rose - BOOT - What is the point of this? She asked, not me. But the low energy, does make me ask the same question!

17) VINAI - BOOT - Those Nightcore esque vocals, are a choice and a half. Like ew, no, bye.

18) Austin French - TOOT - This is very cheap pop, like it sounds like something a boyband would release, but more refined. I still do like it, but again, nothing that teleports me to Mars.

19) Drew Sycamore - BOOT - Take it Back to the Semis, because that's where you should have stayed.

20) VADA - BOOT - Ew, kill it with fire. So boring, like I have nothing positive to say about this at all. Just so monotone.

21) Marisa Maino - TOOT - Well this happened. I kind of zoned out while this was on, but it was cute, like a decent pop song, so forgettable, but yeah no qualms really.

22) Palaye Royale - BOOT - Oh, this was so bad lmao, serving edgy teen who wants attention!

23) Loula - TOOT - A really cool and on trend song, her vocals don't add anything to a really TSC possibly over-done entry, but I'm not complaining! Unless, you count that as a complaint, then, i just did I guess.

24) Weird Genius -  BOOT - This was just awful, i like crazy, but this was just one of the worst i have ever heard.
1404 days ago
hellocat
I stand with Eoin 👫
1404 days ago
bibbles
01) MOTi, Laura White – theres a few samples in there, not my thing but its okay.
02) St. Vincent – that swearing really didn’t fit the song!
03) Agnes – a bit show tune, not my thing, but its okay!!
04) Maggie Lindemann – sounds familiar, not the sort of thing I listen to, its okay.
05) Jackie Castro – sounds familiar, not something I would choose to listen to. I seem to have limited vocabulary when it comes to TSC.
06) Teodora – I struggled with songs like this!
07) The Band CAMINO – familiar tune but the vocals are not too bad!
08) The Saturdays - – you probably wont be surprised that im not a Saturdays fan. The only Saturdays I like are the ones after Friday and I don’t have to have the alarm go off!
09) Fleur East – charming!
10) Juliet Simms – for all the female songs so far this wasn’t too bad!
11) FINNEAS – I quite like this one, like his voice!
12) Izzy Bizu – I could hear a bee gees song when she started singing the chorus! Its not bad!
13) Samanta Tina – some swearing this week, making up for last week!
14) Polly A – a bit show tuney, its okay.
15) Dean Lewis – this was quite nice, a bit mumford!
16) Annika Rose – its okay, very familiar!
17) VINAI – was helium involved?
18) Austin French – well, I quite enjoyed that!
19) Drew Sycamore – a bit 80s, feels a bit slow, but it was okay.
20) VADA – its not my usual thing, but the tune is quite hypnotic!
21) Marisa Maino – very familiar it was okay!
22) Palaye Royale – surprise, swearing! Shame, would have got my 12.
23) Loula – the tune is a bit 80s Michael j fox film, her voice is okay, its  not too bad!
24) Weird Genius– felt very mixed, didn’t really gel together. It was okay.
1403 days 22 hours ago
NewNightmare7
1) MOTI & Laura White - I like this. It's a fun opener and I can totally see this being played in clubs.
2) St. Vincent - Hmm. I have to be in the right mood to listen to slow songs and I wasn't really in the mood for this but it doesn't sound bad at all, maybe just a bit boring.
3) Agnes - I think I have the same issues as the last song where it's definitely not bad but a little boring. But I do find it pretty enjoyable.
4) Maggie Lindemann - Oooo this was pretty good. I really liked the bass line and that sells me on alot of songs. Good chords too
5) Jackie Castro - Fuck yes I loved this. I dont really know exactly why but I was just vibing alot to this and It was so pleasant.
6) Teodora - I dont know...songs like these dont really get me vibing. Sorry
7) The Band CAMINO - I liked the guitars in the song but thats it...vocals are similar and the structure is basic.
8) The Saturdays - I wasn"t feeling the song through the verses but I enjoyed the pre chorus' and the chorus' quite a bit.
9) Fleur East - I don't really know. This kind of music isn't really my thing but her vocals shine at least.
10) Juliett Simms - Ooo damn the chorus' really shine bright here. Does it carry for the whole song? I'd think so.
11) FINNEAS - I heard this on the release date cause it just popped up and I forgot about it. I wish I didn't because this is pretty entertaining.
12) Izzy Bizu - This is another song that I really enjoy vobing too. This sounds exactly like something I created in my Music Composition class.
13) Samanta Tina - I dont really know. I wasn't feeling the production (more so for the beat).
14) Polly A - I hate how loud that Snare sound is. It overwhelms everything else and It takes away from the song. Didnt care for the song either
15) Dean Lewis - I don't really enjoy this kind of music as is. It's not horrendous for its style but I don't actively want to hear it again.
16) Annika Rose - The chords were nice but I didn't necessarily care for the beat and it took me out of the experience I was brought back in before the ending chorus but I was taken out by the chorus 
17) VINAI - I had some expectations for this one (I dont know why) and I was rather disappointed. It went in a different direction then I was hoping for.
18) Austin French - This is not really for me personally. I can't vibe with it sorry.
19) Drew Sycamore - Good chords and bass line. I usually like darker vibes and while it could have been more for sure I liked what was given.
20) VADA - I feel bad because there has rarely been any songs like this that i've personally liked. I just wish they had more to them.
21) Marisa Maino - It's rather boring but I don't dislike it. It's not bad just not something I would care to listen to again.
22) Palaye Royale - Hmm...I didn't exactly dislike it but it doesnt ammount to anything.
23) Loula - Well I dont think I enjoy this all that much. Doesn't sound bad just not my vibe.
24) Weird Genius - The drop was disappointing...could have been much different and much better so ima pass.
1403 days 22 hours ago
ianfitz0012
01) MOTi, Laura White - when she started singing it got better but the chorus is pretty lame
02) St. Vincent - I think new york will learn how to be new york without this song
03) Agnes - it's sweet, not very original, but a fun burst of energy when it peaks
04) Maggie Lindemann - for some reason I only kept hearing the remix to this but the original is honestly better… I like the band element it has to it
05) Jackie Castro - the only interesting part is the chorus, everything else meh, but the chorus is also really good so we'll see where I put this
06) Teodora - same energy level throughout the whole song that's not even very special? Kinda boring
07) The Band CAMINO - Lmao I almost sent them for bibbles week. I think I prefer Daphne Blue but this still can be a good listen
08) The Saturdays - boring pick but also people I've never really been WOWED by, so I don't get the reason for entering this I'm sorry. If I heard this in the club though I wouldn't like be mad at the same time? Idk
09) Fleur East - doesn't age well and kinda safe to me at the same time
10) Juliet Simms - this is really strong but hope she stops touching snakes eww. It's also kinda one note and when you hear it once you don't NEED to hear it again
11) FINNEAS - I don't understand why an overhyped male artist can win this if Beyonce can't. I thought it was going somewhere and then the chorus just kinda stopped and I was like wow he could've spent a few more days on this song and really have a hit... oh well
12) Izzy Bizu - LOL been on my list for a while, seems like that's the theme for this week!!! I can't tell what it is about this song I like but it just works for me
13) Samanta Tina - if this was an outright troll entry I'd like it more but I'm worried whoever sent this thinks it's a great song… nah
14) Polly A - this could possibly grow on me if I gave it more of a chance but I'm just not feeling it now
15) Dean Lewis - the sound isn't exactly something novel that has just been discovered but the chorus made me intrigued enough to want to listen more than once
16) Annika Rose - another song/artist I considered <3 this catchy fun bop goes off it's so sweet
17) VINAI - another house music song… I think I like this better there's more of a journey going on but it's just boring after a while
18) Austin French - giving me andy grammer teas and most of the time that's positive for me. This song is good but the repetition is meh
19) Drew Sycamore - yet another song I considered! TSC stans me this week.
20) VADA - pretty boring not gonna lie
21) Marisa Maino - LOVE SUX has been on my list for a while. Congrats on getting her before. I think this song isn't as good as that. It lacks the extra energy that song has
22) Palaye Royale - this could've really went OFF and instead it just repeated itself… huge bummer
23) Loula - pretty basic I'm not feeling this… sorry I have nothing else to say
24) Weird Genius - this BLAND contest ends on a GOOD note! This is odd but it works… like what a drop LOL
1403 days 20 hours ago
LornaHollas
1. It samples something... voice took a bit of getting used to but other than that I liked it
2. It was a bit dull and felt like she was moping
3. This kind of goes off! Bop!
4. She's really underated! I loved this!
5. Not horrible but a bit basic
6. Kind of a bop tbh
7. Ew. This was not for me!
8. Lol what a messy bop! Lest we forget this qualified over blackpink!
9. Heard this before. It's quite good.
10. I really like her raspy voice!
11. Not really my sort of thing but I really liked this
12. It was alright. Kind of passed me by though
14. It's alright. Nothing special. A bit repetitive
15. Ew, what is this whiny shit?
16. This was also kind of whiny
17. This was horrible!
18. A lot of the semi 1 qualifiers were choices!
19. Despite going for an 80s sound this still sounds dull!
20. Turqwaz - as said in the style of Alexis Michelle. The song was alright
21. A video that has references to Marilyn monroe and Jackie Kennedy. I have to stan! This whole song was a bop! I really loved it!
22. I really liked this! Really dig the sound!
23. It's alright but I feel like it's been done better
24. I really like the drop! It's certainly something!
1403 days 20 hours ago
Darbe
1.        MOTI, Laura White – Not keen on the use of the sample but for some reason I’m really stanning this cheap bop. Laura sounds so different now lol
2.        St. Vincent – Wouldn’t say this is one of my favourite cuts on the album, but the chorus works for me!
3.        Agnes – Lmfao this definitely sounds dated. A cheap bop!
4.        Maggie Lindermann – It’s not really exciting, especially considering she’s a bigger name.
5.        Jackie Castro – I do like this. It does seem more enjoyable on paper, however.
6.        TEODORA – Not for me lmfao
7.        The Band CAMINO – I love this summery feel-good male indie type of stuff
8.        The Saturdays – LMFAO the Saturdays. I hadn’t heard this before, I’m dead
9.        Fleur East – This is actually pretty good track and her vocals have improved
10.        Juliet Simms – The production is stronger than the track which seemed a bit forced edgy to me
11.        FINNEAS – This one wasn’t as exciting as I expected it to be. Maybe I bigged myself up too much for it. Idk, it was just a fine pop song.
12.        Izzy Bizu – I heard this a few weeks back and really enjoyed it but thought TSC maybe wouldn’t dig it as much. Very smooth and classy, hope it wins
13.        Samanta Tina – Her style is so strange lmao; I can never tell whether her uniqueness makes her music awful or interesting. Maybe both? Who knows.
14.        Polly A – The instrumentation is actually very off-putting.
15.        Dean Lewis – Not a style of music I care for unfortunately
16.        Annika Rose – Was surprised this qualified actually, it’s okay pop but nothing too gripping.
17.        VINAI – Lmao this is very basic, it sounds like a remix really
18.        Austin French – It’s cheap and repetitive, but at least it’s boppy, can see this doing well
19.        Drew Sycamore – Definitely one of the stronger songs here. Enjoyed the textured production.
20.        VADA – Oh this was really good. Love the production here.
21.        Marisa Maino – Funnily enough I was considering submitting this track also this week, but I find it kinda basic overall, especially that bridge
22.        PALAYE ROYALE – Oh I had a different songs of theirs on my list. This one is much more tame and vibey, I enjoyed it.
23.        Loula – Heard this genre done better, but way worse also, and it’s a style I like so grats
24.        Weird Genius – This was weird and kinda chaotic
1403 days 18 hours ago
Lemjam6
01)) MOTI, Laura White - Honestly I didn’t like this song at all a few days ago, but it aged like wine I liked it.
-
02)) St. Vincent - I absolutely loved everything about this song it connected with my heart.
-
03)) Agnes - It was a jam and I liked it, another dance tune I really liked the chorus
-
04)) Maggie Lindemann - A lot of the white girl songs just blend together this week to me. This one is probably one of my faves though.
-
05)) Jackie Castro - Just sounds like a pop it, when I first heard it I couldn’t get it out of my head.
-
06)) Teodora - Absolutely not I hated this shit, she sounded like a man.
-
07)) The Band CAMINO - Wow this song was really good. I just liked everything about it I listened to it over and over for a while.
-
08)) The Saturdays - It wasn’t bad, but I just thought it was kinda boring and it didn’t stand out to me but I see it doing well.
-
09)) Fleur East - I never really got into Fleur East, but I liked this song and made me reconsider her as a bad bitch.
-
10)) Juliet Simms - I liked this a lot. Pop rock queen I was jamming out.
-
11)) FINNEAS - I do hate this cunt’s sister and I hate that he produces music for her, but I liked it.
-
12)) Izzy Bizu - It was a catchy bop and I didn’t love it a few days ago but I like it a lot better now. FADED! Idk if it’s good enough this week though!
-
13)) Samantha Tina - I didn’t like it at all IDK I had hopes for it and I just couldn’t get into at all. And then at one point it got really bad.
-
14)) Polly A. - This was sweet, but it wasn’t a memorable song, I literally forgot about immediately after listening.
-
15)) Dean Lewis - I liked this a lot earlier in the week, but it kinda bored me this time around.
-
16)) Annika Rose - A lot of pretty white girl pop songs this week, it was good though.
-
17)) VINAI, Vamero - Honestly I really liked this idk why. It was just a fun EDM song which usually isn’t my thing, but this was catchy and I liked them together.
-
18)) Austin French - This just sounded like a Maroon 5 song to me and that’s not a good thing.
-
19)) Drew Sycamore - Nothing special, sounds like something they would play while I was at the roller skating rink.
-
20)) VADA - Probably the worst song of the week, boring as hell and idk how it made finals.
-
21)) Marisa Maino - I liked this song! A basic pop song, but it was good. I really liked her voice.
-
22)) Palaye Royale - I actually really loved this song. It reminded me of like a hometown rock song I’d hear in a garage or something, but it brought me to childhood and I loved it.
-
23)) Loula - I found her voice annoying, but the song itself was catchy and I was bopping to it, but it wasn’t really a standout to me.
-
24)) Weird Genius, Sara Fajira - I like HATED the chorus I felt like I was in American Horror Story, but I REALLY LOVED the pre-chorus
1403 days 18 hours ago
rodrigueseve
01) MOTi, Laura White- This was a really nice opener, upbeat as heck and overall just really enjoyable, I was bopping
02) St. Vincent- There is something really pretty about this. I enjoyed it enough, it is nothing special but its cute.
03) Agnes- Another slightly dated song, its pretty generic to me. And generic isn't always a bad thing but this is painfully generic in a way that it's very uninteresting and bland
04) Maggie Lindemann- I don't like the trumpets type sound always in the background at least. It just kinda screws this song by giving it a overly joyous sound to me
05) Jackie Castro- Actually really enjoyed this. Mostly for the chorus beat, the verses are kind of just there and I dont remember anything but I really appreciated the chorus
06) Teodora- Funky serbian music, it was alright, a nice pop song I'd say, not groundbreaking but a pretty good listen overall
07) The Band CAMINO- Well this one had really cute verses but for some reason I just couldnt get into the chorus which is the most important part of a song
08) The Saturdays- This is so fucking dated LMAO. I mean its cacthy but I cant get over how old it feels.
09) Fleur East- I was expecting this to be a tad more upbeat since I know Fleur mainly from Sax. It was more soulful then anything and to be honest tho I enjoy seeing something different from her, it is not really my type of thing
10) Juliet Simms- Pretty enjoyable troughout, it didn't have too much going on but instrumental was impactful enough for me to enjoy this and for it to be remarkable
11) FINNEAS- When people said this was upbeat in the TSC chat I was hopeful. But turns out it is upbeat ish chill lowkey guitar bullshit that goes nowhere
12) Izzy Bizu- I'm sorry Rikkeh but I actually really liked this here. I feel like any other week this wouldn't stand out nearly as much but as this week is in my opinion rather week, the upbeatness of this makes me auto stan
13) Samanta Tina- I mean she is a queen but her songs take a while to get used to. And as I only listened to it twice it just feels like noise
14) Polly A-
15) Dean Lewis- The verses are pretty chill and cute and even tho the chorus has this kind of country beat out of nowhere I am kinda stanning this
16) Annika Rose- This is really chill and simple but I really like it because of the vocal texture, how she sings very quickly makes this much more upbeat and interesting then it really should be. I just enjoy this a lot overall. That sudden moment where it goes much quieter in the end is kinda weird but it doesnt affect it much for me
17) VINAI- I mean y'all know I love this type of EDM bullshit specially when it is this soft EDM that doesn't go TOO hard
18) Austin French- This is upbeat alright but I don't know theres something in the chorus that turns me off. i think its that I needed a bit more variation in the instrumental I wanted it to go at least a key higher or something for the second part
19) Drew Sycamore- This mostly just passed me by first listen so much that I had to give it a second one. Its an ok retro feel song. Not much going on but it aint bad
20) VADA- This song is actually pretty good it has a nice rhythm to it and both persons voices merge together beautifully. Its a pretty magical song
21) Marisa Maino- I mean very VERY solid pop song. There isn't much more to say other then that, very solid, very polished, very catchy
22) Palaye Royale- Well that was boring and literally just passed me by
23) Loula- I like this one a lot actually, its a very solid synth pop song. Pretty catchy rhythm
24) Weird Genius- Oh hunny this drop doesnt fit the rest of the song at all... The verses are cute and have a nice build up but the drop isn't it
1403 days 14 hours ago
NicoleF
01) MOTi, Laura White - BOOT - An edgy, overused-looking lyric video...original. But for real, this song did nothing for me.
02) St. Vincent - BOOT - St. Vincent's voice has just never been for me really and the same goes for here.
03) Agnes - TOOT - Oh wow this was actually a really enjoyable song! I bopped to it! The chorus tied it all together beautifully!
04) Maggie Lindemann - TOOT - I loved the aesthetic of this song! It was super easy to sway too! Fun beat, fun vibe, fun lyrics! I liked it! It was fun!
05) Jackie Castro - TOOT - Oh that production was just amazing! The beat hit all the right notes and kept me interested throughout. The vocals were good enough to keep the level of this song at a constant high! Good, potentially great, song!
06) Teodora - BOOT - Cool production at times but the vocals weren't up to par for me to fully enjoy it.
07) The Band CAMINO - BOOT - I get it was the intention of the band but the muffled vocals sounded weird and unnecessary honestly. Something clicked though and I could see it growing so light boot.
08) The Saturdays - BOOT - This was a hot mess and not the iconic kind.
09) Fleur East - TOOT - I've been overexposed to Fleur East this week with this and BETA. I still love her and this entry, but it does sour the overall experience a little and will probably reflect in my points by being one or two slots lower than usual. I'm sick of leaning on her for a win or top five lock.
10) Juliet Simms - TOOT - Call me bias cause Juliet Simms is one of my favorite RTV singing contestants of all-time but I thought this had a good vibe and production with, obviously, great vocals! Queen!
11) FINNEAS - BOOT - Maybe he should stick to producing...oop...sorry not sorry.
12) Izzy Bizu - TOOT - Light toot but I really enjoyed the chorus and the whole production gave off a great, chill vibe.
13) Samanta Tina - TOOT - Honestly moments of it were trashy...but kind of in the good way. Didn't like this at first but it got better as it went on!
14) Polly A - TOOT - Not my cup of tea honestly but it worked this time. The power in the chorus was stunning! Felt raw!
15) Dean Lewis - TOOT - I love Dean Lewis! He gives me Vance Joy meets Lewis Capaldi meets James Arthur vibes and I love all three of those! Good, cute song!
16) Annika Rose - TOOT - An enjoyable journey that definitely grew on me this week!
17) VINAI - BOOT - Light boot cause the beat honestly slapped at times but the lyrics were basic and I've heard this sound 1395483729 times before and it's been done better.
18) Austin French - TOOT - Gave me Andy Grammar vibes but, overall, it flowed well and had good vocals. Not gaga on it, but it was an enjoyable listen.
19) Drew Sycamore - TOOT - A cool, nice, chill song. Slow jam but still a jam indeed.
20) VADA - BOOT - Heard the beat a thousand times before and I've heard it done better. The vocals actually were horrible at times. It's a no from me.
21) Marisa Maino - TOOT - Wow this was actually really good and enjoyable, especially for TSC standards. Debated making it a shoot. Definitely potential for being an all-time fave for 2020 TSC.
22) Palaye Royale - BOOT - I lvoe twenty one pilots and this gave me that vibe, but it was nowhere near as amazing as TOP so...pass.
23) Loula - BOOT - Kinda basic. Nothing offensive, light boot, but it was just very basic.
24) Weird Genius - BOOT - I wanted to like this...I really did...cause it seemed very cool and experimental in areas, but it just never worked for me unfortunately.
1403 days 12 hours ago
Aquamarine
01) MOTi, Laura White - Oh this gon' do real well aint it? This has winner potential probably. Bop!
02) St. Vincent - Jesus christ this was really bad. This was just minutes of nothing.
03) Agnes - Oh god this sounds so dated. Wow it is! I dont really care though its a bop.
04) Maggie Lindemann - I definitely have heard this and considered sending it once upon a time. I ultimately deemed it not good enough. I stand by that call.
05) Jackie Castro - UGH there's just so much filler. The chorus was better than the rest but...idk if it saves it.
06) Teodora - I felt like this had the potential to go hard like Antilopa did but this was a bit of a flop.
07) The Band CAMINO - This is definitely the type of whiteness I actually feel good about. It's not my favorite this week but its good enough for points.
08) The Saturdays - Wtf is this contest with extremely dated songs? Why is this song weirdly pitched somehow? Why was this allowed? Fuck off.
09) Fleur East - TWO GIRLS IN A BATHTUB IN SEMI ONE :) #BLESSED. This song doesn't even rank in the top 5 on her album.
10) Juliet Simms - OH Patrick put the girls in bathtubs back to back. ICONIC. She was on the voice early on. This feels like it should have been sent last week but its a woman so.
11) FINNEAS - I feel like I've heard this song before? It's kind of meh. Clearly I'm not too high on him or his sister.
12) Izzy Bizu - Insert Ian rant if this doesn't do well about TSC hating black women. Decent song.
13) Samanta Tina - What kind of messy ass entry is this? Its a lot of noise and not even particularly good. Ugh this week is rough.
14) Polly A - This girl's got a good voice...gonna need to look up other music from her if I remember to. We'll see!
15) Dean Lewis - Who in their right mind would listen to this? I like white people music but this isnt even good on that spectrum.
16) Annika Rose - This girl thinks shes way more pretty than she actually is. This gon' do well and I'm gon' get big mad.
17) VINAI - This sort of song from Spinnin' is like guaranteed points from me always so, yeah!
18) Austin French - I was told this would be a lot more Jesusy that it was. This wasnt Christian pop soft rock like I wanted!!!
19) Drew Sycamore - I think I've liked one song from Semi 2 thus far. Yeesh. This aint good.
20) VADA - This entire semi needed to be taken out back and shot in the head. My god what a steaming hot pile of garbage.
21) Marisa Maino - Really a handful of solid entries in this contest and the rest have been hot garbage. This was good.
22) Palaye Royale - If Polly A didn't win this semi, something went horribly wrong and people seriously deserve the worst in life. This is possibly the worst entry I've heard in a long while.
23) Loula - Ugh, I mean, I guess this was better compared to the other songs I hadn't heard yet. It's decent. Maybe its good enough for points, but wow that semi was bad.
24) Weird Genius - I have absolutely no idea what I just watched in this video but this song kind of went the fuck off. In a good way? Unsure. I'll give it a toot.
1403 days 10 hours ago
CharlieBibi
01) MOTi, Laura White - Pretty paint-by-the-numbers EDM song. Nothing spectacular but a really solid song nonetheless, enjoy your easy Top 5 this week.
02) St. Vincent - I don’t know why people love this bitch, this is so boring to me.
03) Agnes - This was kinda cheap but I didn’t hate it, pretty much what I expected from a 2020 Agnes song LMAO.
04) Maggie Lindemann - This didn’t really do much for me, pretty MOR in the semi and probably gonna be MOR in this final.
05) Jackie Castro - When this started I was expecting the worst but I actually didn’t hate it. I’m torn on this one.
06) Teodora - I wanted to like this so much more than I did. What a shame. doesn’t feel like it ever went anywhere.
07) The Band CAMINO - This is going to do ridiculously well and I’m not going to enjoy it. It’s not like HORRIBLE but it won’t deserve it’s 2nd place or something.
08) The Saturdays - I always love The Saturdays, this isn’t really close to their best work but eh, it’s whatever. I won’t ever really be happy with songs from 2014 though.
09) Fleur East - This song isn’t even that good, Fleur has so much better, what a flop. So boring.
10) Juliet Simms - I see what it’s going for and I don’t hate it, nice rock sound to this. Her vocals I don’t care too much for and the distortion isn’t great but the package still works decently well.
11) FINNEAS - Not for me, I’ve enjoyed this kind of stuff before but this isn’t really up to par for me.
12) Izzy Bizu - Nice vibes to this, I actually quite liked this and I didn’t expect to. I wish it was a bit louder for it to leave a stronger impression on me but it’s good.
13) Samanta Tina - Very similar to her Eurovision entry, took me a while to get into Still Breathing so I think it’s just her style might not be for me immediately and sadly, I wasn’t in its semi to like fall in love with it in time for this final.
14) Polly A - This just felt a bit loud for no reason. Not really impressed with this week, this felt like a bad Rihanna knock off.
15) Dean Lewis - Giving me Hold Back The River vibes, don’t care for this type of white boy nonsense, sorry.
16) Annika Rose - This is offensively white, not for me. Yeah this one just annoyed me I think, soz.
17) VINAI - You know I’m a good sucker for a good VINAI track, this is decent but I don’t think it’s anywhere near their best. My ass is somewhat shaking, just somewhat though.
18) Austin French - I really shouldn’t enjoy this as much as I do. Makes me want to praise the lord jesus hallelujah.
19) Drew Sycamore - This was ridiculously repetitive and it really didn’t go anywhere. BOOOOOOO.
20) VADA - I feel like this type of submission is always going to struggle with me from now on because Yaseniya just raised the bar so much that I’m like… this doesn’t compete with that at all.
21) Marisa Maino - This is solid, very Zara Larsson vibes which I’m a big fan of. This is probably gonna do fairly well and I’m not mad at it.
22) Palaye Royale - This is some Twenty One Pilots garbage. fuck u.
23) Loula - Pretty basic but I didn’t hate it and in this week, that counts for a lot. I can’t believe I’m excited for some of the entries we’re getting click races for.
24) Weird Genius - OH this caught my attention, it’s WEIRD but I like it, This won’t be for everyone but I hope it does well, what a weird and fun submission.

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!