This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 401 Final

Topic » TSC 401 Final

1423 days 21 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
01) MOTi, Laura White – It’s fine, it’s not bad. I didn’t like the altered effects on her voice, but it’s a pleasant listen.
02) St. Vincent – Honestly I expected more from this, it just floated on by for the most of it.
03) Agnes - It’s finally picking up, ok this is a dated mess, but at least it’s enjoyable.
04) Maggie Lindemann – I wish it had mor eoomph, it sounds like something I’ve heard lots of times before. It’s fine.
05) Jackie Castro – I preferred it when the horrible drop didn’t happen, it just was so jarring. The verses were pretty nice, just that chorus and is so blah
06) Teodora -  well this is jolly and catchy, so yeah this is automatically one of the best so far.
07) The Band CAMINO – It’s pretty good. I like the vocal and the chorus completely lifted this up.
08) The Saturdays - dated but at least it’s fun haha, I think being in semi 2 helped this qualify fo sho.
09) Fleur East – Terrific! In a different league to most of the songs here for sure.
10) Juliet Simms – I didn’t like the moany parts, but the chorus is really strong and it’s where he vocal shines.
11) FINNEAS -  I was expecting more, it’s fine, but it needs more oomph. It’s fine though.
12) Izzy Bizu – I like Izzy and this is no different, it lacks a real hook but it is definitely one of the entries I like the most here.
13) Samanta Tina -  Mess, but that is to be expected from her haha, it’s fun…
14) Polly A - It is great. I love her vocal and song in general. Has deeper meaning and is catchy imo
15) Dean Lewis – Well done for qualifying. Not for me. I didn’t enjoy the vocal at all really.
16) Annika Rose – Strong. Not anything amazing but it good enough to stand out here for sure.
17) VINAI – I really dislike the edited vocals, not going to lie. I really really really disliked them.
18) Austin French – Probably the male vocal I like the most in this contest. It’s good.
19) Drew Sycamore - It’s fine, it was one of the better entries in semi 2 fo sho.
20) VADA - very stylish and amazing. Definitely one of the best entries here for me. :)
21) Marisa Maino – Good. Nothing really to complain about here, it’s strong and should do well tonight.
22) Palaye Royale - well, yawn tbh, it’s not great, but it’s ok…it’s passable in this contest. Kind of floated on by.
23) Loula - This is cute, like not much is going on here but it’s fine.
24) Weird Genius - really enjoyed this, one of the better entries in this contest :)
1423 days 21 hours ago
ricktworick1
1. MOTi, Laura White - Sounds a bit like that LOVRA song that I totally found on my own accord, except without a banging chorus. It's ok, decent pick for an opener.
2. St. Vincent - Probably one of my favourite songs by her. Likely a bit too low-key for TSC, but it just really does it for me. Great choice.
3. Agnes - Didn't feel anything throughout the whole listen. Not pleased.
4. Maggie Lindemann - Some sub reggae lite without much thought put into it. Sounds like a mediocre AJR song.
5. Jackie Castro - Not sure why this is on my waiting list. It's alright, reminds me a bit of that Dagny song I I entered. I must have really run out of shits to give to put it there.
6. Teodora - I definitely get what sort of a vibe this was going for, but I am not particularly fond of the execution here. Such a shame.
7. The Band CAMINO - Yeah...I don't think there is much to say about it other than the fact that this is not my cup of tea. The chorus lifts this up slightly, but not enough to salvage this.
8. The Saturdays - Painfully dated. Probably would have done well like 5 years ago, but not nowadays. This ain't it.
9. Fleur East - All the spark she had is now lost. This isn't terrible, but it is such a wasted potential.
10. Juliet Simms - Rather predictable in its execution, but it's decent enough. A nice change of pace.
11. FINNEAS - Considered entering this. I am not very much into his music usually, but this is easily the most thing he's produced for himself. Very solid indeed.
12. Izzy Bizu - Honestly, I am a clown for not entering this when I almost did...TWICE. An amazing 80s feel to it executed to utter perfection. I am hoping this wins tonight.
13. Samanta Tina - Chaotic mess, yet sounds sparse at the same time. Not exactly a pleasant listen, I'm afraid.
14. Polly A - She can definitely sing, but the tune really isn't up to par. Slightly disappointed.
15. Dean Lewis - Exactly what I expected from him. Not bad by any means, but I have definitely heard this sort of male indie pop executed better.
16. Annika Rose - Clappy clappy, small little tune. Nothing remarkable really.
17. VINAI - Not a pleasant listen at all, not even close to their song from best of. I am underwhelmed.
18. Austin French - Quite like the feel to this. Doesn't overstay its welcome, in a way reminds me of that Christopher entry that was in recently. Good entry.
19. Drew Sycamore - Very solid 80s inspired tune from start to finish. Another strong choice.
20. VADA - The chorus in this leaves a lot to be desired. Overall, it's alright.
21. Marisa Maino - Very solid throughout, pretty much how pop should be, but for some reason isn't.
22. Palaye Royale - Rather surprised this qualified. I am definitely not the audience for this, but even with that, there's not much going on to warrant any reward.
23. Loula - Another one from my waiting list. It's probably not the best execution of this sort of pop sound this week, but it's definitely solid enough for my points. Nice pick.
24. Weird Genius - Definitely stands out for its uniqueness this week. Not entirely sure how this drop suits the rest of the tune, but otherwise it's a nice closer to the contest.
1423 days 19 hours ago
hellocat
1) MOTi, Laura White - This confirms that Summer has arrived and I'm HERE FOR IT, A great way to open this contest and it put me in a positive mood so I thank you for that ❤️.

2) St. Vincent - Seriously, what a bore. This isn't my style, I felt at one point it was about to pick up but then it just dropped again, why?!?!

3) Agnes - Jesus is they're a bad Agnes song?! I don't think so. I'll admit this isn't one of the best of her but I love her genre and her songs are very therapeutic.

4) Maggie Lindemann - Love the reggae feel, tbh if this is the shape of what the contest will turn to I think this will be a very strong one.

5) Jackie Castro - No, I can't with this song. Its not for me sadly as I found it very plain and basic and I need something that spices things up, I like songs like these if they are done well and this isn't done well.

6) Teodora - Eh this wasn't the best Balkan song I've heard, it's iconic though and I love the uniqueness this brings.

7) The Band CAMINO - Yeah no this isn't my type of thing, I didn't like the lyrics I found it very cheesy and boring and along with the singing it just felt very middle of the road and yeah I just can't enjoy this without having my ears clogged cause then I wouldn't hear anything ☺️.

8) The Saturdays - If this is Alan, Fuck you, if it isn't then I apologise for just telling you to fuck off. Over to the song, not a good Saturdays song and I'm shocked how this qualified.

9) Fleur East - You know I was very tempted to send this song but I decided that I wouldn't, it's a very good song that I think would do rather well, I overall enjoy it.

10) Juliet Simms - I think this has grown on me, I like the mysterious vibe of this, I couldn't hugely remember that much the first time I listened to it but it is an alright song.

11) FINNEAS - I LOVE FINNEAS, he literally is my celebrity crush. I did want to send Break my Heart Again, Shelter or Let's fall in love for the night, but whoever sent him thank you for doing that..

12) Izzy Bizu - She's iconic, I love her sound it's so interesting and unique and I think she has a very bright furture ahead of her, I expect a top 5 finish for Izzy.

13) Samanta Tīna - She might just get points from me just for being Samanta, not that good of a song though, it seems a bit messy but at first I hated her eurovision song so she definitely is a grower.

14) Polly A - Now this is a ballad done right, I pleasantly liked this, it was very simple but effective, definitely a good song.

15) Dean Lewis - Now this is a ballad done wrong, it didn't grab my attention, it sounds like all the other songs out there and his sound well sounds terrible.

16) Annika Rose - Three slow songs in a row, wow guess Patrick wants me to go to sleep.

17) VINAI - This is actually rather similar to the first song, but I love both, it puts me in that summer Glastonbury mood.

18) Austin French - I love the old feeling I get when I hear this, it makes me wanna do a cha cha cha in the middle of my living room, very good song I would totally listen to again.

19) this was average for me, I didn't really know how to feel about it, pleasant enough I guess.

20) VANA Okay probably the best non English song this week, honestly this snap very hard, chorus could be stronger if I'm being strict.

21) Marisa Maino - You know, I don't feel that good when I listen to this song, it's not a song id listen to if I wanted something to make me happy, that's not a bad thing, but I wouldn't listen to it.

22) PALAYE ROYALE - Okay what happened to the standard of this contest, it just droppef dramatically, what is this 😂.

23) Loula - Yeah I wouldn't put this to my playlist, in such a strong week this is just boring and it would just get lost in my view.

24) Weird Genius - Wow this is an interesting closet, I don't know how I feel, but overall this is something I enjoyed
1423 days 19 hours ago
QueenM1chelle
01) MOTi, Laura White - I cannot lie this song did go off despite being one of the most generic things I've ever heard. I just live for these basic ass club bops, they always have me bopping.
02) St. Vincent - I was waiting for this go somewhere, and don't get me wrong I can enjoy low-key songs but only when what I'm hearing is actually enjoyable. It ended, and I barely have an opinion on it.
03) Agnes - I mean it's cute that y'all went back to send an old ass Agnes song, but Goodlife was right there. I guess I'll send that in 10 weeks <3. This is so 2012 I can't. It's cute I guess but my least favourite song of hers.
04) Maggie Lindemann -  Well ladies and gentlemen it's time to address the barrel. It's being scraped. I can't believe this mediocre ass song was sent oh my goodness. It just has the ESSENCE of mediocrity. Actually it has the essence of being underwhelming.
05) Jackie Castro - It was another one of those CUTE moments that doesn't go anywhere beyond. I'm not sure I even liked it that much, like it clearly has elements that I enjoy but something is off about the song for me. A bit too repetitive aswell.
06) Teodora - Omg another Antilopa/Shqipe esque bop. It's so funny I just always love these types of songs, they go off every single time.
07) The Band CAMINO - Immediately one of my favourite songs of the (semi) final. These type of songs are always a HIT for me, that chorus was so good to me. I can't even tell you what I loved about it, I just did love it LOL. I'm even replaying it a few times before going on to the next song =P
08) The Saturdays - I don't even care if this is Alan, this song is such an underrated Saturdays bop. DROP LIKE AN 808, HIT LIKE A HEAVY WEIGHT. End me queens.
09) Fleur East - LMFAOOOO THE BARREL IS BACK. I mean.. it's a good enough song, but really? Y'all are really at a loss for songs 💀 she has better.
10) Juliet Simms - The way I knew this was going to pop off within the first 10 seconds. I don't have any complaints with this she popped off very hard throughout, and I love those noises in the background during the chorus, it adds so much to the song.
11) FINNEAS - Awh bless the mediocrity is back </3. I like many of his slower songs more than this, he isn't right for this sound in my opinion and that's evident because I didn't like it.
12) Izzy Bizu - Oh now we've arrived at the certified stunning song of week. Izzy really snapped with this entire track, her delivery is great and this song shines as it's very groovy especially in the chorus. I can't deny her snappery here <3
13) Samanta Tina - I just love this chaotic queen. This song is absolutely dreadful but she sells it <3
14) Polly A - That chorus sounded REALLY off to me... like it did not go together well at all, I'm confused about who thought that sounded good. This was messy in a bad way.
15) Dean Lewis - I didn't MIND this the first time but still I don't think it should've qualified LOL. It's annoying me the second time around. Stop sending mediocre men in (the second half of) 2020.
16) Annika Rose - Prettiest girl in TSC this week <3 Don't listen to the haters <3 They're jealous <3 This song is perfect <3 No complaints <3 She did what she had to do <3 Thank you Annika for saving TSC <3
17) VINAI - Someone really scraped the bottom of the barrel with this because.. wtf LOL. This was such a weird song that has been done better millions of times..
18) Austin French - This is one of the most obvious qualifying songs that I've ever heard LOL I like it but still I can just tell it's basically already confirmed to be in the final (I love being right)  It's not the best thing ever but it's nice enough.
19) Drew Sycamore - I love this queen so much. Her voice is one of my favourites and I love her songs. Perfect Disaster is still that b*tch. This was cute <3
20) VADA - Well now everything else is looking like shit compared to this because this is absolute perfection in a song. The chorus is so hypnotic and pretty, I LOVE that bit. It's produced so well and this song has been on repeat all week. It's one of my favourite songs of this entire year, I'm honestly still gagged by this everytime I listen. Imagine being apart of this masterpiece <3 it just keeps getting better and better with every listen. I'm totally obsessed with this now, it's amazing and yeah please win this deserves to win with 200+ points. If this gets done dirty I will be mad. Where are they from actually I feel like they would slay ESCT or well they would deserve to anyways LOL. I just love how it never gets old I've listened to it like over 50 times by now and it keeps getting better as I mentioned before. I don't even feel like going to the next song I keep replaying this LMAOOO. It's a SHOOT.
21) Marisa Maino - Her song Love Sux outsold. In this contest though, I have to appreciate this even more because it's giving me some proper quality, to me atleast. It was so easy on the ears so yeah I liked it a lot.
22) Palaye Royale - I don't know how this song qualified I don't see how someone could hear this and think "wow, this is good!" also the way it got interrupted with an argument was hella cringe to me.
23) Loula - This was really cute but I wish it was earlier on in the final I feel like I'd like it more. I did enjoy it tho.
24) Weird Genius - Okay well I didn't expect to be GAGGED by the last song but wtf, this was amazing. I love EVERYTHING about this. The drop is so GOOD does this have a chance of winning as well? I'd stan that
1423 days 18 hours ago
PennyTrationStan
01) MOTi, Laura White - cute opener. an okay rendition of the "well produced but faceless edm dance bop" TSC trope. i mean it's basic but it does slap, more than it has any right to honestly!
02) St. Vincent - this isn't fast slow disco. why isn't this fast slow disco? though to be fair i also really do like this song. st vincent's the type of artist that i only know like three songs from yet love them all, and this obviously is no exception. but like... fast slow disco though.
03) Agnes - dd the way i fucking SCREAMED when i saw THIS SONG on the running order. this and the superior "loaded" legit made 2012 fxggier for me. agnes carlsson was always a S-tier swedish pop girl before she moved to the uk under the alias of "leona lewis" and veritas was an ALBUM, a MOMENT IN TIME which i did love. but yeah about loaded. this isn't loaded. why isn't this loaded? oh well still a S-tier bop nonetheless. i hope this gets top 10 ngl but ik none of u have the range
04) Maggie Lindemann - i̶.̶.̶.̶ ̶m̶i̶g̶h̶t̶'̶v̶e̶ ̶o̶v̶e̶r̶s̶c̶o̶r̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶t̶a̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶e̶m̶i̶ ̶d̶d̶d̶.̶ now dont get me wrong, i still really like this but it's not hitting me the same way it did on a second listen. still a good effort though, it's pretty catchy.
05) Jackie Castro - glad this qualified, it's just very solid all around. that chorus really serves doesn't it?
06) Teodora - now i love a foreign bop most of the times, and while i did enjoy this one, it just felt... sort of lackluster at the same time? like there wasn't much going on, it really didn't build up to anything substantial. glorified background music but make it slap i guess
07) The Band CAMINO - this week was not the week for me to root for anything with a man in it, but while i'm not crazy for this, i do actually really enjoy this one.
08) The Saturdays - i think most of my love for the saturdays songs i do like are based off of nostalgia, bc lets be real most of their songs have aged like milk. given that this is my first time listening to this particular one i don't... really care about it. oops.
09) Fleur East - MOM. the way fearless ate <3 this has definetly grown on me since the first time i listened to it and honestly i just love it a lot
10) Juliet Simms - oh the way mom ATE. was on my list of potentials as well but i dont think it was @pennytrationstan-y enough, like, it didn't fit my BRAND. nonetheless that chorus is EXPLOSIVE. pretty solid all around i have to say!
11) FINNEAS - is this the standout male track this contest? well actually i didn't hate this, but i wasn't wowed by it either. a cute 6/10 i guess.
12) Izzy Bizu - okay but can you say GROWER? this song has been on loop for me since semis. out of all the bops its really the only one i see winning here, and you know what? i DO support it bc its really good. congrats on winning this week's TSC <3
13) Samanta Tina - LOOL okay? i don't know what to make of this LMFAO um go off i guess? feel like i'd point this in a TSC if i couldn't point less than ten songs for the lolz but i do have to stan the chaotic neutral energy this has
14) Polly A - the fact something that sounds like this qualified in the year 2020 lmaoooo please. would've been passable at 2011 but i can't be bothered at this point in time really. EDIT: WAIT WHAT THIS CAME OUT IN 2016 LMFAO WHAT?????????????????????
15) Dean Lewis - i wanna state that i have a deep founded hatred for this fucking m*le if i hear that "i know you love her but its over m8" song in the radio i will rip out my own eardrums. this was shit <3 and whoever got this to qualify i suggest you invest in buying cotton swabs 2 clear ur ears out bc i shouldnt be forced to this <3
16) Annika Rose - ASHLEY TISDALE I LOVE YOUR WORK <333333 the fact this is better than what ashley tisdale is putting out today is extremely distressing. i actually have listened to this song before. it's very cutesy but also actually solid. i'm not in LOVE with it but it's good for what it is.
17) VINAI - surprised this actually qualified cause these distorted alvin and the chipmunk vocals are still NOT it. the production slaps but like couldnt they have found literally anyone else to do the job? gag.
18) Austin French - have you all ever heard a song that just... really rubbed you the wrong way for no discernible reason? there is nothing incompetent about this song mind you. the production slaps and it's poppy, i gave it the benefit of the doubt in my first listen and thought it was just me hating men as one does, yet i realised... the problem is strictly with austin. like, just his voice delivery and inflection, i can't shake off the olly "micropenis in a pringles can" murs chaotic cis evil vibes and it drives me INSANE. this sours on me with every listen and i'm starting to think that i really don't wanna hear this song ever again LOL.
19) Drew Sycamore - this is pretty solid, think it benefits coming off of austin's stench. a little nothing-y at parts but it's competent and TSC-friendly. i do love that chorus tbh. a contender i imagine? EDIT: that's the perfect disaster girl? wow talk abt a musical GLOW UP
20) VADA - i swear i've heard this before somewhere. admittedly pleasant and listenable, but a bit lowkey for it to make a lasting impression in this final. it's cute tho.
21) Marisa Maino - the way she unhinged her jaw and devoured everything in sight. this gives me all the SOTY "all the time" by zara larsson and "heart to break" by k** p***** teas, albeit a bit reductive when compared to those but still, that i absolutely NEED and i regret not having somehow found this sooner and entered it myself. pretty strong. i just love it. might have to listen 2 this love sux song y'all keep mentioning.
22) Palaye Royale - i think i get the appeal. had this been a weaker week maybe this would've had more of a shot with me but as is, it's just not strong or punchy enough for me to really enjoy it. it's okay.
23) Loula - had this on my playlist of potentials. it's a very very VERY cute girl and it is a pretty solid song, yet i don't think i would've entered it just cause i sort of wish it did MORE, it's pretty safe all around. that said, it's a good song.
24) Weird Genius - had to play it twice to really determine how i felt about this and wow. this really did pop the fuck off huh. bop. really good closer.
1423 days 18 hours ago
Lachie227
01)        MOTi, Laura White – I actually like this one, which is unusual for me. The heavy synth base makes its for an interesting listen! But the vocals are irritating as hell, felt like the epitome of singing in cursive.
02)        St Vincent – Love pretty much all the work she is released. Whilst not my favourite song ever produced by her, I find this song kinda beautiful, holds a lot of emotional depth.
03)        Agnes – I really dislike pop music in this vein not gonna lie. This is beyond bland and has absolutely no personality. Not a fan.
04)        Maggie Lindemann – I kinda don’t hate the tinge of reggae, makes the song a bit funky. But her vocals are boring and annoying at the same time, and the song is a little weak.
05)        Jackie Castro – First off, the vocals are incredibly annoying. And the progression of the slow and uninteresting. But when it does get interesting I do really like it.
06)        Teodora – This is a solidly okay entry. I don’t hate it but I certainly don’t love it, I kind of just don’t have an opinion on it
07)        The Band CAMINO – I find the verses kinda bland, but the choruses definitely picks up the song and give it some progression. But people may think I love this but it doesn’t really click for me
08)        The Saturdays – I mean its pretty good pop song, but does it live up Not giving Up? Absolutely not. Although that’s kinda a high bar I suppose
09)        Fleur East – This is definitely different from the kind of music I know she makes (Sax of course) and I can’t lie it’s a downgrade. Like as much as Sax is a mess, at least this interesting, whereas this isn’t.
10)        Juliet Simms – The chorus certainly grabs my attention, but doesn’t change the fact the song is interchangeable with every other pop song in this vein out there.
11)        FINNEAS - FINNEAS – I kinda like this one? I guess? It sounds like if Ed Sheeran made a good song for once. But I really don’t love it.
12)        Izzy Bizu – I’m a bitch for any song with a heavy base line, so this song certainly grabs my attention and keeps it. It’s got an underlying groove I really like. Best entry yet.
13)        Samanta Tina - Can’t lie the production Is interesting and gripping, but the music drop is kind weird even for me? It just doesn’t flow very well
14)        Polly A – Another one of those songs where this is nothing wrong with it, but it’s not particularly special or interesting
15)        Dean Lewis – It could be a little more inventive, but it’s one of the better entries so far. Appreciate it for something a little different.
16)        Annika Rose – This song sounds super familiar to a song I’ve heard before? I can’t deicde if I like it or it’s just a bit shit, but at least it’s interesting!
17)        VINAI – Jesus Christ I liste to some pretty weird stuff compared to TSC’s taste but the layering on these vocals is fucking awful. Which is shame because the production is catchy.
18)        Austin French – It’s definitely a catchy tune and I really like the vocals, but alas but not exactly something to write home about.
19)        Drew Sycamore – It’s alright, I quite like the punchy synth pop production, but it’s a little bland I can’t lie
20)        VADA – I was almost ready to write this off but then the bridge and chorus and its definitely more interesting the more you go along. The chorus is especially catchy. I like it!
21)        Marisa Maino – Quite like this one! If you can’t tell I’m a big fan of heave synth/base pop which this song definitely utilises it!
22)        Palaye Royale – I think people will expect me to like this one but this sounds like a rip off twenty one pilots song and I fucking hate twenty one pilots
23)        Loula – Oooh really like this one, a very well executed pop song. Has some CRJ vibes which is never a bad thing.
24)        Weird Genius – I usually hate songs like these, but it more fell into background music than me actually listening to it. Doubt I’ll point it in the end tho
1423 days 18 hours ago
Ribbons
01) MOTi, Laura White - it's a cute EDM song, very club-friendly and danceable, albeit basic
02) St. Vincent - i do like St. Vincent but she has better songs and i feel like this is just a safe piano ballad that got critical praise bc shes so indie-famous
03) Agnes - as others have said it's very early 2010s chic, i don't think i like her vocals but i do like the instrumental
04) Maggie Lindemann - i like basic spotify pop but i dont like this
05) Jackie Castro - i liked this, it felt very anthemic, maybe because i dont listen to this type of music it feels new to me
06) Teodora - yea ive heard this song done better a couple of times. i do stan its trashiness, it's def not bad.
07) The Band CAMINO - this was a interesting genre mixing at least, i liked it but i probably wouldn't listen to it again :D
08) The Saturdays - very summery and fun, i havent listened to this group in a while, it was guud
09) Fleur East - i also think this is pretty good, i like her voice and it's just
10) Juliet Simms - ehhhhh, rly meh to me it's very dark which i like but its also basic af which i dont like
11) FINNEAS - i dont like this at all, and it honestly is just because i rly dislike his voice and the repeating vocals dont help either
12) Izzy Bizu - rly basic, it's not bad not rly great either, it's just very chill which isnt my vibe most of the time
13) Samanta Tina - i kinda stan her accent but the lyrics are rly cringy, instrumental is meh it's okay
14) Polly A - mehh i kinda like the concept of the song, but i dont like it overall
15) Dean Lewis - this is very soundtrack for a boring teen drama film
16) Annika Rose - pretty cute but not very memorable
17) VINAI - i like the nightcore vibes lmao, it's very different to the rest of the songs on this rate so i like it
18) Austin French - oh i see he's a christian singer, idk it's kinda blandly optimistic pop for lunch after church
19) Drew Sycamore - very nice 80s synthpop-inspired bop, this is a type of genre i rly like so..
20) VADA - idk why but i rly stan russian language in songs, and i rly do like this spacey house dance track, very cool ^.^
21) Marisa Maino - i also like this, very mainstream-friendly teen pop but not obnoxious like some teen pop
22) Palaye Royale - it sits in the middle of pop rock and hard rock and it's not poppy enough and not hard rock enough
23) Loula - i rly like the production but her vocal delivery is lacking, i also agree with others who said they wish it had more
24) Weird Genius - yea, i rly like this, it's a very harsh drop which i like and different from the rest of the rate

sry if these reviews suck, i never rly write about music i listen to so...
1423 days 17 hours ago
Insanity
1. MOTi, Laura White - Beat is infectious. Her voice is a little annoying and overprocessed. It’s a cute lil club tune, but it’s not changing my life or anything.
2. St. Vincent - An artist I genuinely have tried to get into many times, and I enjoy maybe two of her songs. This isn’t one of them.
3. Agnes - I remember giving this decent points in semi 2, but that semi was utter KAOS. I still think it has a nice sound overall, but the execution crosses into a cheesy territory for me. That could potentially be its downfall for me.
4. Maggie Lindemann - This song is about to end and I really have nothing to say about it. I appreciate the horns, but it was pretty blah as a whole. I wish there was more of a wow factor to this one.
5. Jackie Castro - Not bad, gives me a bit of CRJ vibes. It’s got a good mix of  high and low moments, enjoyed it overall.
6. Teodora - This stood out in its semi to me because along with adding to the chaos, it was actually pretty catchy as well. It was a pleasant foreign bop.
7. The Band Camino - Actually kinda into this. It was really pleasant for m*n. Kinda wish I listened to the bibbles final in full now so I could’ve heard all the hidden gems. This was great.
8. The Saturdays - This was... interesting. It’s not catchy enough for me to listen to this without feeling guilty about it. Also it sounds like something Fifth Harmony would do, and fuck Camila Cabello
9. Fleur East - Falls into the “I don’t pay much attention to the lyrics unless they’re really bad” category and oh my god this chorus is cringey as fuck and the message is... pretty bad and could lead to toxicity in a relationship. Really disappointed.
10. Juliet Simms - Oh this was really cute. Just the right amount of a country flair without being overpowering. This came together nicely, one of my favs so far.
11. FINNEAS - This is kinda bland. Nothing about this is super catchy really. Men lost this round
12. Izzy Bizu - I know Rick’s shown me this before. I told him I didn’t care for it. It’s a grower, because I’m kinda grooving a little more now, but it’s still not rocking my world or anything.
13. Samanta Tina - This is literally one of the dumbest songs I heard in semi 2, and that’s saying something because there were a lot. Next.
14. Polly A - 50 Motivational Quotes, but make it culturally diverse. Song is meh but she is a queen and I stan her.
15. Dean Lewis - A little too [REDACTED] for me, I’m afraid. I know there’s an audience for this type of music, but not for me.
16. Annika Rose - Actually knew about this song for a few weeks, but it never felt strong enough for me to submit it myself, but I’ve fallen in love with the song personally, even though it’s probably not TSC’s cup of tea.
17. VINAI - Not too sure about this. I was expecting something a little more catchier than this, but it just ended up a bit basic.
18. Austin French - This song borders on being OFFENSIVELY heterosexual, but I actually don’t mind it as much as some of the other entries this week. Not sure where it will end up yet.
19. Drew Sycamore - This entry in semi 2 made me MAD because I was fully ready to 12 it because everything about this song is so wonderful and great EXCEPT that chorus where she just repeats the song title over and over. Even just a LITTLE variety in the chorus would’ve elevated this entry so much more, and I really just can’t support this entry fully with a chorus that shitty.
20. VADA - Verging into bop territory, but it doesn’t fully get there for me. It’s not bad, but I really don’t think I will remember anything about this song the next day.
21. Marisa Maino - Oh this was pretty cute. A pretty simple pop song, but a lot of these pop songs in this final have been doing the absolute MOST with mixed success. I appreciate that this is more simplistic.
22. Palaye Royale - Did not like this in the semi, and do not like it now. Giving me Twenty One Pilots teas, except without the white guy rapping. Perhaps that’s for the best.
23. Loula - One of the few entries from semi 2 I knew would qualify. The semi was really such a mixed bag, and this was one of the few “traditional” TSC acts I heard in that semi. It’s still very pleasant now, quite enjoyed it.
24. Weird Genius - THAT DROP... a moment. My problem with these entries with crazy drops is that the verses kinda get undermined, and I really just don’t care for the rest of the song because I’m too fixated on the drop. I’m not sure what to think of this entry, even after a second listen.
1423 days 17 hours ago
dragotistic
MOTi - This felt like a bad experiment. It got better the more I listened. Didnt really go anywhere for me
St. Vincent - This really didnt stand out to me. Had some nice moments though
Agnes - This had some nice energy to it, enjoyed this one.
Maggie Lindemann - This had summer written all over it, and I was here for it? I liked this one
Jackie Castro - this was okay, not really my jam
Teodora - In my world, there is only one true Gasolina. This didnt do anything for me
The Band CAMINO - I do enjoy this band on occasion. Definitely vibing with this track.
The Saturdays - This had a lot of fun energy, definitely enjoyed this one
Fleur East - I didn't enjoy this track. I kinda expected more tbh
Juliet Simms - queen of Season 2 of The Voice. This was alright. The chorus is very good!
FINNEAS - This is cooler on a second listen. Not completely sold on it but I do like it
Izzy Bizu - my favorite song in this final so far
Samanta Tina - I didnt enjoy this at all
Polly A - She has a nice voice but the song just doesnt do anything for me
Dean Lewis - I enjoy his music, so I am a fan of this. The chorus has a nice jolt of energy, pretty nice track.
Annika Rose - The chorus sold me on this. Very nice.
VINAI - ..this was interesting
Austin French - I enjoyed this. There were some things I wanted to be different but I cant complain
Drew Sycamore - I really enjoyed this tune. Great entry
VADA - Not really my style.
Marisa Maino - deadass was going to submit this next week :( really enjoy this song! Great entry
Palaye Royale - I did not enjoy this
Loula - This song makes me feel good inside. Solid tune
Weird Genius - The chorus ruins the song for me. Sorry
1423 days 17 hours ago
LoveMeLoveMe
01) MOTi, Laura White
Sound promising but not my type.
02) St. Vincent
I like the MV the song is meh at first  until the building part then well its getting bored hmn i am so disappointed.
03) Agnes
this is so old and i found this boring i do prefer All I want is you is so much better and sounds modern than this.
04) Maggie Lindemann
Soooo bland to me like no hook up.... Welll the chorus not bad actually
05) Jackie Castro
Well it's decent song for me
06) Teodora
I like this actually growing in me but not bad
07) The Band CAMINO
Not my type i found kinda boring sorry
08) The Saturdays
Well never know about this song but i love it
09) Fleur East
Well its 50/50 for me but its not a bad song
10) Juliet Simms
Is this rock song? I actually like her voice but not the song
11) FINNEAS
Winner alert lol nothing to say about this.
12) Izzy Bizu
Well this one is also not bad tho love this too
13) Samanta Tina
This growing in me tho goodluck
14) Polly A
Sound like Hello tho ahhahha
15) Dean Lewis
I thought this going to be boring ballad but well I wrong
16) Annika Rose
What a cute song awww
17) VINAI
Well is a decent song might get my vote
18) Austin French
Well actually not bad kinda like it we will see where it end on my list.
19) Drew Sycamore
Im sorry there's too many this type of song i have listened and this is boring.
20) VADA
I love this one so baddddd
21) Marisa Maino
I like this at first until the chorus it's sound similar like so many song
22) Palaye Royale
I love this also and his voice is soooo good
23) Loula
Well not really into this
24) Weird Genius
I like this have kinda traditional part
1423 days 17 hours ago
DallasAndrew
01) MOTi, Laura White - 'Push It Right' Not for me, beside the fact that it's plagiarism.
02) St. Vincent - 'New York' It's a pleasant vibe, but it's pretty linear and kinda dull as a whole.
03) Agnes - 'Human Touch' Overally is kinda basic, the chorus is pretty strong though. It's acceptable, the rythm has power, but not impressive.
04) Maggie Lindemann - 'Friends Go' A really good reggae feeling, the song is really catchy.
05) Jackie Castro - 'Romanticize' Vocally she's great, the song starts promising but then the chorus becomes just casual and kinda poor.
06) Teodora - 'Gasolina' I find it cheap and poor, certainly not for me.
07) The Band CAMINO - 'See Through' The song is chill, the vibe is ok, but it has absolutely nothing remarkable.
08) The Saturdays - '808' I've enjoyed it more than in the semi-finals. Still not a fan.
09) Fleur East - 'Mine' I can't say I've remarked anything in this song and I think she's trying to impress with some vocals that are under the limits she thinks she's got.
10) Juliet Simms - 'Bad Love' The song has power and a really enjoyable rythm. Her voice is a little modified, but I think she's good anyway. I also enjoy the style really much.
11) FINNEAS - 'Shelter' FINNEAS - 'Shelter' Kinda smooth and chill. The rythm is good. It will do well.
12) Izzy Bizu - 'Faded' That was the most boring thing so far. Probably it will win the contest.
13) Samanta Tina - 'I Got The Power' I enjoy her voice a lot, the song though is a little chaotic. It starts on a good way, but then it goes with too many styles in one.
14) Polly A - 'Ghetto Gold Dream' The song is lovely and it has some power as well. Nice ryhtm, it's a truly pleasant listen.
15) Dean Lewis - 'Hold Of Me' The music is pleasant, the impact it gives isn't too great though and the chorus is kinda weak.
16) Annika Rose - 'Fly To You' Another pleasant song that fails to be remembered for a long term though.
17) VINAI - 'Rise Up (ft. Vamero)' Certainly not my style.
18) Austin French - 'Good Feeling' It lacks something, the vibe is not bad, but doesn't go anywhere. Didn't give me such a good feeling.
19) Drew Sycamore - 'Take It Back' Absolutely boring.
20) VADA - 'Turquoise (Бирюзовая)' That was simply boring and unremarkable.
21) Marisa Maino - 'Ever Young' Generic, unoriginal, unremarkable.
22) Palaye Royale - 'Lonely' It's catchy and mysterious at the same time, vocally good, kinda different. And I think it will do well.
23) Loula - 'I Just Can't Fall in Love' This is just generic and pretty boring.
24) Weird Genius - 'Lathi (ft. Sara Fajira)' It starts really promising, then it becomes a little chaotic. I have mixed feelings about it, not bad, but not everything works well.
1423 days 14 hours ago
TolisKalkas
01) MOTi, Laura White        This was a bop and a half. loved it
02) St. Vincent        i never really got into her, but like... i get why others do
03) Agnes        it's one of those tracks that if i was listening to the album, i would listen to but like... i won't put it on a playlist
04) Maggie Lindemann        this was not what i was living for in the semi.... it's very meh
05) Jackie Castro        i mean... didn't hate it but like... not really feeling it either
06) Teodora        i wanted this to go off. but it was just like chill. like twerk twerk, but like i wanted that drop it down moment
07) The Band CAMINO        i mean... didn't get to me... obviously
08) The Saturdays        not their best, but i mean it's still a decent song
09) Fleur East        so this is like the it'll qualify by name but also not terrible, but like motr
10) Juliet Simms        i guess i'm not edgy enough to like this
11) FINNEAS        like i know people don't like him, but like... he's talented.... granted it's not my favorite music to listen to. it's still good
12) Izzy Bizu        chill vibes at it's best (but with a little more energy than chill... it's like not mellow but you get it)
13) Samanta Tina        like i feel like 10 years ago i'd vibe, but i'm like.. i feel like i need to drive and listen to this to truly be like okay girl
14) Polly A        okayyy vocals (not okay, but like OKAYYYY you know?) like okayyy vocals, okayy slow vibes... like i don't really vibe with these in tsc, but this got me going for it.
15) Dean Lewis        so i should expect be alright next week in beta? cool. also not as good as be alright but like listenable
16) Annika Rose        it's like one of those... alrighty songs where i'm like wait it played i was okay, somewhat moving my head but already forgot it and don't care enough to go back and listen
17) VINAI        like this is vibes, but like not super vibes... it's very soft toot vibez
18) Austin French        i wanted to hate... but i didn't
19) Drew Sycamore        not really feeling this much but i feel like ychm would
20) VADA        like semi 2 strength isn't as strong, but like the vibes are delivering from these qualifiers
21) Marisa Maino        semi 1 was pretty good. this was in that pretty good group
22) Palaye Royale        ahhh yea... there's the bottom of the barrell that qualify from semi 2
23) Loula        yea this is like tsc bait written all over it
24) Weird Genius        is like i feel like i should be living for it.. like with the part in javanese and the drop... but like... i'm not  for some reason. like i feel bad for not liking this because i feel like i should be LIVING but i'm like... i really don't like this
1423 days 14 hours ago
QueenM1chelle
give us izzy bizu
1423 days 14 hours ago
ricktworick1
IZZY BIZU VICTORY
1423 days 14 hours ago
Milkisgood
ok i have to go make quick comments bc i never posted them by mistake

01) MOTi, Laura White - eh
02) St. Vincent - ehhhh
03) Agnes - RELEASEEEEEEEEEE ME
04) Maggie Lindemann - it's ok but not my favorite
05) Jackie Castro - i like it, i wish she had a more powerful chorus
06) Teodora - stronger entry among the bunch
07) The Band CAMINO - i really liked this one; the beat, vocals all come together nicely
08) The Saturdays - i liked this one, but they have better songs
09) Fleur East - i liked it more than i thought i would
10) Juliet Simms - i somehow knew i'd like this one, solid entry or sure
11) FINNEAS - i've heard good things about him and they're true
12) Izzy Bizu - it's ok, not my cup of tea
13) Samanta Tina - kinda like an electro lady gaga? idk i didnt love it
14) Polly A - well we can't all be winners
15) Dean Lewis - it had power and i thought it was pretty good
16) Annika Rose - a little poppy but it was a good pick
17) VINAI - ehhhhhhhhh
18) Austin French - solid entry, i definitely liked it more than i thought i was going to
19) Drew Sycamore - i've heard worse
20) VADA - i really like the beat
21) Marisa Maino - it's something that's good but i feel like it's been done better
22) Palaye Royale - im not one of their fans unfortunately
23) Loula - i wish it had more power
24) Weird Genius - it reminded me of tatu for some reason, i liked it though

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!