This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 341 Final

Topic » TSC 341 Final

1915 days 18 hours ago
TolisKalkas
24) BB Thomaz - 'Demons'
1915 days 17 hours ago
TolisKalkas
25) grandson - 'Apologize'
1915 days 17 hours ago
TolisKalkas
26) Rebecca Black - 'Anyway'
1915 days 17 hours ago
TolisKalkas
27) Anna Wise - 'Go'
1915 days 17 hours ago
TolisKalkas
28) Patrice Roberts - 'Judgement Stage'
1915 days 17 hours ago
TolisKalkas
29) Nell Brayden - 'Buildings and Treetops'
1915 days 17 hours ago
TolisKalkas
30) Tamta - 'Unloved'
1915 days 17 hours ago
TolisKalkas
31) Riya - 'Poles'
1915 days 17 hours ago
TolisKalkas
All 31 songs have been posted!

Make sure you listen to all of the songs, post your comments and then send your votes to me. :)

Please give 12 10 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 points to your ten favorite songs. If you don't know how to vote, please PM me.

The votes are due on Sunday at 3 PM EST/8 PM BST, which is when the results show will be hosted.

Good luck all!
1915 days 16 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
01) Disturbed - Well, that was an immediate buzzkill, huh?
02) Generdyn - I can not burning them down. It's really going for an epic feel and it's really falling short for me. Not terrible, but it was just... there.
03) Son of a Bishop - Voice immediately caught my attention. While it wasn't like a STUNNING POWERHOUSE vocal, it still was the star of this. The song was okay, but I'm not sure that I would have given a shit about this if I wasn't so into his voice.
04) Yungblud & Halsey - Someone still trying to make new Halsey a thing in TSC. <3 Yungblud (I assume that's who that is, at least) almost immediately overstayed his welcome. Not a fan. 
05) Grace Carter - On my list, wasn't aware that she was eligible already. SHOULD PROBABLY LOOK THOSE THINGS UP, RIGHT? It's not up there with the stellar "Why Her Not Me" but it's still quite good.
06) Raiven - Not sure the live performance was the way to go here unless you're looking for ironic points, which in that case, you do you! Studio version goes off and would almost certainly get good points from me. This? It's an absolute trainwreck, and I'm less likely to give points to something I'm ironically into over something I'm genuinely into.
07) Lilly Among Clouds - Not a fan of her live vocal, but it sounds nice in the studio. It's pretty. Unsure of replay value, but it's pretty.
08) American Authors - I THINK I get the appeal, but it's a pretty big turn-off for me.
09) Girli - In hindsight, I get why "Day Month Second" by her completely bombed when I sent it. It was messy. So is this, but in a less appealing way to me.
10) Malú - Think I'd be more into this in a different mood. It's fine.
11) Hailey Reese - Started off fine for the genre, but I wanted to like this more than I ultimately did.
12) Brandi Carlile - Classy. Not really my thing (class). She's obviously got a nice voice, but the package just isn't for me. Also, it felt longer than it was, and that's not a good sign when you've already got an almost 5 minute track on your hands.
13) 9Muses - Started off really pretty, expected it to break out and it did. Nothing groundbreaking, but a very solid entry in a pool that's been lacking for me thus far.
14) Irina Rimes - This vocal is going to take some getting used t-...yeah, I'm already used to it. This chorus better fucking slap. It did not. It had tons of potential, but didn't exactly live up to it, IMO.
15) Four of Diamonds - Stylistically, this is more my speed than most of the running order up until this point. That alone should help it.
16) One BIt & Louisa - The fact that this wasn't sent earlier on in its eligibility is probably not a good sign. It's fine, but you'd expect better from a collab between the two.
17) Betty Who - 1 top 10 appearance out of 6 attempts for Betty in TSC. I always thought she deserved much better here, but this feels like something that will end up in the range of placements she usually ends up at (if not worse).
18) We Three - Was almost certain that I wasn't going to be a fan of this from the thumbnail alone. I was mostly right. It's pleasant, but totally not my thing.
19) Aly Ryan - It's definitely between this and Electric Fields for me when it comes to the best songs that were left behind in a national final this year. Would be surprised if that stance changed when all is said and done. Right up my alley (Ryan).
20) Sleeping Wolf - I was ready to write this off almost immediately. Glad I didn't, because I ultimately ended up being mostly into it.
21) Danielle Brooks - TAYSTEE? HEY GIRL. I am FEELING this art piece.
22) Rachel Crow - "Dime" was a fucking anthem and I won't hear any differently. Yeah, this was a let-down.
23) Hidden Citizens - Well, at the very least, it has the epic sound it was going for. This is total Patrick bait.
24) BB Thomaz - Very sad that the music video doesn't have the demons. </3 We love multiple songs in one. This has the feel of something that got cut immediately from Lemonade. I love it.
25) grandson - I had another grandson song on my waiting list that I was considering using v soon. I vibe to it.
26) Rebecca Black - It's super lowkey, but I also kinda vibe to this one.
27) Anna Wise - Dig the dark/menacing feel here. It could have taken things further, but I'm into it as a whole.
28) Patrice Roberts - Said two weeks ago that I have to be in a certain mood to be into these type of entries. Must be in it, since this felt like it was very needed in this contest.
29) Nell Brayden - Not sure how I feel about that tone. Even if I was into the tone, which never really happened, I don't think this would have been for me.
30) Tamta - That you, Tolis? Is this your protest of "Replay?" Probably. Anyway, issa bop.
31) Riya - Two bops to close the contest?
1915 days 14 hours ago
CharlieBibi
01) Disturbed - Aren’t Disturbed like half-famous? I don’t exactly know why they would be if they’re putting out garbage like this but yeah erm, idk it managed to be underwhelming for my already extremely low expectations.
02) Generdyn - I didn’t HATE this but I wish the chorus packed a little more of a punch.
03) Son of a Bishop - I mean I can tell you tried but I really could not even pretend to be bothered with this.
04) Yungblud & Halsey - I was actually quite into this when Halsey was singing which was a shock but holy fuck those male vocals made me jump out of my seat and not in a good way. I’m fucking horrified.
05) Grace Carter - Is this bitch able to put out anything that isn’t completely drab and depressing jesus. It’s fine but I’m not impressed.
06) Raiven - Yeah I’m with Johnny on this one, ENOUGH with the Eurovision rejects. Also what the fuck were you thinking of using the live performance????? This is so wrong on so many levels.
07) Lily Among Clouds - Another fucking reject jesus. It’s better than Raiven but they’re still somehow in a comfortable bottom 2 spot right now.
08) American Authors - This was bad but I still kind of enjoyed it. Don’t ask me why because I don’t have a good reason to give you but at least this was a song that didn’t bother me entirely.
09) Girli - I appreciate the effort but the execution is kinda leaving to be desired. The beat is fun but her vocals throw it off for me.
10) Malú - Oh yeah I’m definitely feeling this. Idk where the fuck this came from but it snatched me bald. Oh yeah I’m downloading this to my playlist, I loved this LMAO.
11) Hailey Reese - This is very much Eden XO meets Meghan Trainor and I’m honestly here for it. It was cute and fun honestly.
12) Brandi Carlile - When are we bringing the rule for the songs to be 4:00 and under? This didn’t need to be 5:00, actually it didn’t need to be 1:00 long either.
13) 9Muses - 9Muses definitely have a different sound to a lot of other Kpop acts, sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse. I liked this one though, it was fun!
14) Irina Rimes - Oh yes come on Inna knock-off you better give me the entire fantasy. This wasn’t great but it’s a style I enjoy so it’s definitely gonna get bumped up.
15) Four of Diamonds - Kind of a shame these hookers’ peak moment of relevance is getting eviscerated in a sing-off against Saara Aalto. That said, this song bops LMAO. I definitely had this on my list but it got SNATCHEDT from me.
16) One BIt & Louisa - When I saw that Louisa and One Bit made a song together I almost died right there. This most definitely does not disappoint and I had it on #7 for my year-end of 2018 so yeah you’re probably getting a 12 unless something shakes me to my core.
17) Betty Who - Betty Who is easily the singer who’s most hit or miss for me so it’s kind of weird that this song is just kinda there? I don’t feel any type of way about it sadly.
18) We Three - Oh this is just really pleasant to listen to. Yeah I love We Three, I really really do.
19) Aly Ryan - I MIGHT do an exception to my Eurovision rejects rule. This bopped hard.
20) Sleeping Wolf - oh hey bibbles, fancy seeing you here. Not my thing I’m afraid.
21) Danielle Brooks - See you on Season 2 of the Masked Singer Taystee.
22) Rachel Crow - I was ready to dismiss this for being Rachel Crow but this gave me all kinds of Kat DeLuna vibes and I actually liked it. Fun one.
23) Hidden Citizens - This literally went nowhere.
24) BB Thomaz - This was very quiet for something that tried to go so hard. Idk it was all very bleh.
25) grandson - oh no this was horrendous.
26) Rebecca Black - It’s a real shame that Friday happened because her music isn’t that bad and she actually isn’t a bad singer either, yet she’s never gonna be able to break that mold people put her in.
27) Anna Wise - I gave this a shot to impress me, I let it build and build and build and build and then nothing happened? fuck this.
28) Patrice Roberts - OH YES HERE SHE IS!!!! Yeah this kind of music is always a surefire way to get my ass shaking and this definitely benefits from a good spot in the running order. Let’s see how high this climbs on the overall leaderboard. She also had the decency to keep this song at 2:37 so god bless her.
29) Nell Brayden - I genuinely thought this was another one of those T-words. Instead, it was just a boring pile of meh.
30) Tamta - This really didn’t grab me the way I wanted it to. Oh well… :/
31) Riya - This is LITERALLY Maruv’s Drunk Groove all over again what the fuck??? I mean I’m still here for it but this sounds JUST like that.
1915 days 14 hours ago
Aquamarine
01) Disturbed - I can be a sucker for a pop rock song but this wasn't good so uhm...pass?
02) Generdyn - I thought this was going to go a certain way, but instead of being an absolute train wreck this was just bad and not in the fun way.
03) Son of a Bishop - I can promise you there will be no more Sons in my family, you can count on that! The Bishop family ends with me! Also the song was bad.
04) YUNGBLUD, Halsey - It's a pretty sad day when I have to admit that Halsey was the best entry of the first four songs.
05) Grace Carter - Wow she's really just the epitome of MOR forgettable aint she?
06) Raiven - I promise you anyone who submits a ESC reject from here on out will be getting a 0 from me. There are other fucking songs. Not to mention girl...no this was bad.
07) lilly among clouds - I was kindly made aware that this is also an ESC reject so please refer to my comment above.
08) American Authors - Usually this is the kind of nonsense that I like and I kind of enjoyed it but I wanted it to do a bit more for me.
09) GIRLI - Something about this song bothered me on a molecular level and I really cannot put my finger on it. I didn't HATE it but something was very off for me.
10) Malú - This feels like the thing that could very well win this contest and I feel like it would be justified, especially if I enjoyed a foreign song.
11) Hailey Reese - If I was ranking this song contest on people I would stan on Big Brother, she'd be #1 if that counts for anything.
12) Brandi Carlile - This was nominated for Record of the Year and I cannot for the life of me understand why.
13) 9MUSES - I need to start taking notes to figure out if its the same person who keeps submitting this nonsense and if it is, BROADEN YOUR HORIZONS.
14) Irina Rimes - This song has a new Felix fave written all over it and I do not support it.
15) Four of Diamonds - We've reached the X Factor portion of this contest. This seems like the version of Little Mix that someone picked up at the Dollar Store.
16) One Bit & Louisa - What in the world is this pandering to Felix congrats on a 12.
17) Betty Who - This is just someone I know the gays love and I really do not understand the appeal of.
18) We Three - Fuck off. This doesn't work as much when it's not a gimmicky performance on AGT.
19) Aly Ryan - See comments #6 and #7.
20) Sleeping Wolf - And we've found the bibbles submission...I think.
21) Danielle Brooks - Well the girl in the bathtub started immediately this time. Why Taystee songin? Hwat?
22) Rachel Crow - Kind of a banger from Rachel Crow huh? I thought she just sang stupid shit but I guess she grew up a bit.
23) Hidden Citizens - I love this kind of haunting female vocal but I was hoping for this to pick up and get a little more powerful.
24) BB Thomaz - Someone really thought that this song was going to do it and win the contest because it really screams boring winner attempt to me.
25) grandson - Do you ever just see an album cover and know EXACTLY how this is going to go? Yep. Refer to #20 its one of 'em.
26) Rebecca Black - She was on The Four and well lets just say it didn't go too well for her. And there it is girl in a bathtub.
27) Anna Wise - I literally screamed into a blanket when listening to this...I think this broke me.
28) Patrice Roberts - Holy shit what a banger after all of that other nonsense. That was the best 2:37 of my life.
29) Nell Bryden - With the background music I thought I was really going to love it but I just do not like her voice. Give this song to someone else.
30) Tamta - I thought this was an ESC song from this year, alas it is not so thank god. It's still very bleh.
31) Riya - Oh no.
1915 days 12 hours ago
Insanity
1. Disturbed - That was absolutely dreary. Absolutely heinous.
2. Generdyn - I don’t expect anything decent to come from a video with “Epic Vocal Music” in the title. This was also quite dreary. Guess my prediction was pretty accurate.
3. Son of a Bishop - This built up quite nicely, although the chorus was a bit of a let down. This is nothing I would normally go out of my way to listen to, but nevertheless, I enjoyed this entry for what it was delivering.
4. Yungblud & Halsey - Wow we finally found someone that makes Halsey sound good. I never thought I’d see the day. Mama, this is garbage.
5. Grace Carter - I mean I wasn’t completely wow’d by it, but it was not bad. Her best of song was certainly better.
6. Raiven - I’m crying what the hell just happened? This is in a league of its own. Absolutely polarizing.
7. Lilly Among Clouds - Ballads don’t do it for me a lot of time. This was no exception.
8. American Authors - Yikes you know it’s a bad start to TSC when this is the best song so far. For what it is, it was pleasant without sounding cheesy.
9. Girli - Ok I was able to get into this. Took me a little bit to figure out if I liked it or thought it was straight up annoying, but ultimately I choose to stan.
10. Malú - Feels a bit dated. If this had better production value I could see it a potential winner. Unfortunately, this doesn’t really push past average for me.
11. Hailey Reese - A little too goody-goody for my tastes. It lacks any sort of edge that would really appeal to me. If I didn’t know any better (and I definitely don’t) I would say this was some Disney Channel star’s first song.
12. Brandi Carlile - In terms of production this is sublime. As much as I wanted to get into this, I ultimately couldn’t.
13. 9Muses - Oh wow the chorus came out of nowhere. Too bad that’s the only exciting part about this entry. Also I usually don’t mind the rapping parts in [REDACTED] songs but this one felt GLARINGLY out of place.
14. Irina Rimes - This is absolutely trippy but in the best way possible. I’m definitely digging this one.
15. Four of Diamonds - Is it anything new or groundbreaking in pop music? Absolutely not. That being said, I still heavily bopped to this.
16. One Bit & Louisa - It has all the elements to be a bop, but they don’t quite connect properly. I didn’t mind it, but I guess I was expecting something a bit more.
17. Betty Who - Yeah I found this while looking for entries. She never goes all the way there for me. Like after a few listens I never go back to any of her songs. They’re always pleasant at first, but they don’t have any long lasting impact (Yeah, I copy/pasted a comment I made last contest. Sue me).
18. We Three - https://i.imgur.com/F8a535r.gif https://i.gyazo.com/339921b8e45db5077559f401115bd888.gif
Well shit, I just did it twice.
19. Aly Ryan - I really enjoyed this one. Everything about it just felt right.
20. Sleeping Wolf - I’m strangely enjoying this? It feels like a weird fusion that shouldn’t work, but it strangely does here.
21. Danielle Brooks - TAYSTEE? Holy shit I wasn’t expecting this from her at all. I can’t tell if I genuinely enjoy this or if I’m only liking this cause it’s Taystee from OITNB. I’m starting to think it’s the latter, but I mean I still enjoyed it and that’s more than I can say about some other entries.
22. Rachel Crow - It had cute moments, but it was ultimately just blah.
23. Hidden Citizens - All these ballads are gonna suffer being in the same contest together. It’s not even the best ballad we’ve had tonight.
24. BB Thomaz - And the award for most disconnect between verses and chorus goes to…
25. grandson - I really hope this is bibbles because I actually REALLY enjoy this entry. Like a lot. It seems like something I would despise but this alternative feel is really appealing to me.
26. Rebecca Black - I listened to this just the other day. It’s cute for sure. Wish it went a little harder in the chorus, but it’s pretty great otherwise.
27. Anna Wise - This is the point of the contest where if I don’t like an entry my comments get kind of lazy so uh yeah I didn’t like this.
28. Patrice Roberts - Destra Garcia and Patrice Roberts are a better twin twist than Liz and Julia could ever be. These entries were fun at first but now I’m just over them.
29. Nell Brayden - This was a little too church choir for my tastes.
30. Tamta - This is definitely a contender. Everything about this entry is so strong. Wouldn’t at all be surprised if this won.
31. Riya - Ok go off a bit. This was a great closer.
1915 days 8 hours ago
Talian
16) One BIt & Louisa : At what time does the song start?

17) Betty Who : Feet drums are on. Other than that this contest has to go downhill very bad for me to give this points.

18) We Three : When it started i was blown away but then it kinda fell flat as it went on. I wish it had more of a build up.

19) Aly Ryan : It was even bearable until the chorus. The chorus is dreadful!

20) Sleeping Wolf : This isn’t quite there yet but I live for this genre so I absolutely will remember this.

21) Danielle Brooks : Just one word : Goddess.

22) Rachel Crow : Is this that X Factor girl? She grew well! This was nice. I guess the only problem with it a compatibility one. I’m not really living for that chorus. The chorus are kinda there. Not fully for me tho.

23) Hidden Citizens : Kinda reminds of the second song. A little less powerful tho. I think it needed more “filling”. This was kinda too “empty”.

24) BB Thomaz : This is a hot mess. Unlike n.9, which was an epic one, this was just a messy one.

25) grandson : This is what I like! I even came thru this a few times before and I don’t know why I never added this to my list... this is amazing! I lived from beginning to end!

26) Rebecca Black : Is it Friday already? She’s out so it must be ... go back home, Becca! I’m sorry. At least “Friday” had personality. Not a very pleasant one, but still one.

27) Anna Wise : I came into this thinking I would hate but I have to say this was amazing! Not really a fan of the whispered voice but but other than that it was amazing! This is a contender for me!

28) Patrice Roberts : Headache.

29) Nell Brayden : This reads so 2014 TSC to me. Not exactly what I expected coming back. The chorus is very bad too.

30) Tamta : This reminds of something I would gave totally entered 5 years ago. Thankfully I’m out of that phase. What was I thinking? Oh it has a heavy drop too? How original.

31) Riya : Ok, that’s the kinda drop I like. It doesn’t cut off the crescendo of the song. It’s complementary, not over-taking. Please take notes. This was good! A nice ending to a very strong contest I have to say!
1914 days 22 hours ago
Arris
01. I am very mixed on this one. It was perfectly fine with a good chorus, but the verses was somehwat bland and forgettable. Vocals weren't original in any way, shape or form.
02. Really boring and doesn't go anywhere. Not my cup of tea and that's okay.
03. Not my favourite either but it was fine. Kinda sounds like a Sam Smith song.
04. Kinda different for Halsey. It has a really cool rock vibe and they both fit the song really well.
05. Very overused here in TSC, but at least I know she's typically good. This one is so fuckin boring and almost put me to sleep. Gurl...
06. WTF were these Mandaryna level of vocals? Song sounds like unfinished demo and is just unlistenable. One of the worst things I've heard in a while. Tragedy.
07. Boy this was a torture. I'm sure half of TSC group will acknowledge this but I'm effin bored. Sorry.
08. So far my fave and it doesn't say much. There was a nice melody, catchy chorus and overall vibe was pretty cool. Thanks for cleaning my ears and waking me up after 3 previous entries :)
09. Really strange track. Started off nicely, and then bum it all went God knows where. Everything is all over the place here and absolutely doesn't make sense.
10. Wasn't bad, but wasn't good either. Her vocals didn't really fit the instrumental. She sounded a bit... tired? bored? whole thing was okayish.
11. Started promising but then went to shit. Pretty boring and yea, I'm not really impressed.
12. Didn't work for me either. There's just too much of these 'try hard' big ballads in this contest, therefore everything just mixes together and makes you wanna sleep real bad. Here at least vocals were good, so that's a salvation.
13. Yeh, this was good. Much needed banger in this week's boring contest. Nice beat and delivery was pretty good too.
14. Tragically autotuned vocals, and wtf was that chipmunk effect to already chipmunk vocals? It sounded like a mouse that tries to pass as a elephant. My ears feel raped.
15. Weird band. They all sound the same, like there's zero personality nor distinction at all here. Song wise, it is okay. Pretty boppy.
16. God she's such a try-hard. You can tell it even by looking at her. The song is okay, really. It's inoffensive with a good beat and her vocals are good.
17. Yeah, this was really good. But also another overused artist imo. The track was pretty catchy and had a nice vibe.
18. So we're back to boring tracks, I guess? The melody was really nice. Okay it kinda went into all the right directions, I can't hate on this one.
19. Trashy track, even trashier video. Didn't go anywhere. Not catchy enough to 'bop',  not edgy enough to be hippy. Sorta really average.
20. Idk a bit boring too, but wasn't bad. It was alright.
21. I had no idea she sang, wtf. Well I love her in OITNB but this didn't do shit for me. Boring and her vocals are well... not great?
22. This was fine, not great but it was catchy enough. Is this the little bitch from American Idol or whatever that was???
23. Building up to the climax was effin boring. The explosion also never came. Thank you, next.
24. This was all right, but kinda track wise not single wise. Fillerish?
25. Mediocarity. Sounded a lot like 21P, except like their reject
26. Pretty alright. It's hilarious to think of her Friday past, but yeah she's pretty aight.
27. This sounded straight out of 90's. Pretty ok.
28. Okay, I liked this one until the chorus kicked. It was unberable.
29. Really boring. From predictable lyrics, to no emotive vocals. Average af.
30. So cheap. Ugh, pretty bad. Well at least the chorus was fine.
31. Didn't really work for me. Too much of everything.

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!