This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 311 Final

Topic » TSC 311 Final

2173 days 7 hours ago
Alexeh23
21) Jessie Reyez - Can't tell if I love or hate her voice, this song was kinda disappointing in comparison to some of her other stuff. It's not bad I guess? Just not really what I was expecting.
2173 days 7 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
All 22 songs have been posted.

Make sure you listen to all of the songs, post your comments and then send your votes to me!

Please give 12 10 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 to your ten favourite songs. If you don't know how to vote, please PM me.

The live results show will be on Sunday at 3 PM EST/8 PM BST

Good luck all!
2173 days 7 hours ago
onemanarmy
21) Jessie Reyez - Great One - The only one I was hyped to hear, loved Figures which got my 12, and she's Canadian so much love and this one doesn't disappoint me, love her voice, not as amazing as Figures but it's going on the player regardless.
2173 days 7 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
Thanks for keeping me company Alex, Arek, Rick and Scott < 3

Good luck all. :)
2173 days 7 hours ago
ricktworick1
1. Austra - I must say the start of this song kind of caught me off-guard. The rest of it is pretty fine, it is probably quite different-sounding in the context of the whole TSC, though we have 21 more songs to go. I prefer their older stuff like "Lose It," but I didn't mind this.
2. Boy Epic - The intro here is so awkward, jeez. The chorus here is really good, the verses are quite dull, but this was pretty good overall.
3. Ina Wroldsen - It has been awhile since she last had a good song (Lay It On Me). This has the reverse problem in comparison to the previous song, the verses are brilliant, but the chorus is quite disappointing. She is still trying to go towards that Sia-esque "Cheap Thrills/The Greatest" sound which isn't exactly a bad thing, but I know she can do better than that. Solid entry overall.
4. Aurea - I can tell she has a good voice, but she is completely let down by the songwriting - the tune builds and builds, but the result of that progression is just not effective. It's as if someone forgot to put the final chord.
5. Real Madrid - Thanks, but no.
6. Samantha Jade - I was about to say that this sounds quite dated until I realised that this came out in 2013. It's not bad by any means, but I probably wouldn't want to listen to this again, especially when she decides to do those vocal olympics which are completely unnecessary.
7. Courtyards - The band describes this single as anthemic and I am kind of strugging to find that here. It's not really my cup of tea, but it's pretty for what it stands for.
8. Elohim - Kind of doesn't meet my expectations during the chorus, but this is the first entry that I fully enjoyed so far. Great vibes.
9. Bülow - This song tries so hard to be edgy, but it just falls flat. We get 3-4 songs of similar type every contest, and they usually get placements between lower 8th-14th, and this fits that criteria perfectly.
10. Odette - The contrast here is that Odette straight on goes on with the song, which is nothing special, but it's a pleasant listen overall.
11. Britt Rion - The guitar solo part was the only remarkable thing about this. This whole buildup just resulted in nothing, and I am quite disappointed with that.
12. PJ Brennan - He is kind of cute, but musically this is a complete waste of my time.
13. Sigrid - There is nothing that makes me really interested in this song. It's not my least favourite song from her, but in comparison to "Strangers," this is such a drop in form.
14. Sondre Justad - There is nothing wrong with the song itself, but it is so unremarkable in a way that I just cannot imagine anyone ~really~ enjoying this song. Blah.
15. Elias - The start of this is extremely promising, but I am so disappointed with this chorus. It's probably one of the better songs so far, but it could have been even more than that. Could have done without the final 30 seconds as it drags a bit there. Ugh.
16. Jamie Lynn Spears - THIS IS SO FUCKING ICONIC, I HOPE THIS GETS TOP 10 AND ALL THE IRONY VOTES. JAMIE LYNN SPEARS ENDED BRITNEY.
17. Hyphen Hyphen - This song is extremely erratic, it doesn't know what it wants to be. When she sounds calmer it's not half-bad, but overall it's quite messy.
18. Rae Morris - She seems to have entered the balladzone Birdy, and congratulations, she just sounds as boring.
19. Empara Mi - The first thing I noticed about this is that the audio quality is really below par. The song is completely incoherent, there is no flow from verses to the chorus, it just happens suddently. Mind you, the chorus itself isn't great either, but the whole package just bothered me.
20. Aitana, Ana Guerra - Pretty sure if Spain ended up sending this, they would have performed similarly well like with Tu Cancion, but at least they wouldn't have embarrassed themselves. Finally something upbeat by comparison.
21. Jessie Reyez - There is a decent song hiding somewhere there, but it's completely buried by unnecessarily strained vocals which sound as if she was about to pass out.
22. Kiiara - I mean there is absolutely nothing innovative here except for this chorus, which is probably the only part that is going to be stuck in my head. Not bad, but nothing outstanding.
2173 days 7 hours ago
Arris
22) I always thought Kiiara was an interesting young artist. This one is indeed very interesting and even sorts of unique. She has her own style and is keeping it. I like this entry !
2173 days 7 hours ago
Alexeh23
01) Austra - An interesting start. Has its nice moments but also some dire moments, not really feeling it as a whole, it felt really disjointed.
02) Boy Epic - Wtf is going on with these pretentious intros? This is good though, love the whole cinematic vibe, particularly in the chorus, but in all honesty it kinda failed to keep me interested.
03) Ina Wroldsen - I remember when everything she released didn't disappoint me hugely, alas those times were long ago. This starts off promisingly but the chorus in particular is so... nothingy. It's partially saved by her vocals but that's not really enough.
04) Aurea - Good for a minute until she starts shouting "done with yaaaaaa". It did build pretty well but I feel like her voice worked better for the more gentle start than it did for the rest. As a whole it's solid but something's definitely off.
05) Real Madrid - Horrid.
06) Samantha Jade - Really girl? I would've been all over this if we were in 2013 (although even then I think I'd be calling this dated), but we're not. Annoyingly I don't even dislike it, it's pretty standard.
07) Courtyards - Fairly standard for what it is, nothing hugely wrong with it, just not really my thing. I may have liked it more with a different voice?
08) Elohim - Heard a couple of her songs before and really liked them, this has moments where it's REALLY good (the pre-chorus) and then the chorus hits and it's a bit of a letdown at first? I got into the chorus as the song went on, this is great.
09) Bülow - Blehhhhhhhh, will probably be stuck in my head for about a day but otherwise has no real impact on me. Really generic.
10) Odette - Quite like the vibe of this one, doesn't really offer anything new but it's enjoyable anyway - like her voice and generally the song is solid.
11) Britt Rion - Started promisingly, the buildup kinda lost me because it was so long and then the random 15 second guitar bit happened and I wasn't even particularly let down, just surprised me. The guitar actually sounds better than the rest of the song, they just don't work together for me. Strange.
12) PJ Brennan - His voice made me shudder when he first sang, ruins a song that is otherwise... actually no the song isn't great either. Might have some fans but it's not really for me.
13) Sigrid - There's not necessarily anything wrong with this musically, but compared to some of her other stuff it's poor. Seems more melody based than any actual meaning at all which means I can't really get into it.
14) Sondre Justad - ...Ok? Again this isn't _bad_, but at the same time it's not really good either. Don't hate it, but wouldn't want to listen to it again.
15) Elias - What a voice! The second half of this song is so good, albeit a little repetitive. The first half is still good although passes me by a bit. Still a great song, like this a lot.
16) Jamie Lynn Spears - LMAO I don't even know what to say to this.
17) Hyphen Hyphen - She needs to calm down. This is a bit much, although I do like the chorus in places. Idk this song took me on a wild ride and I'm not sure if I was really here for it.
18) Rae Morris - Cute for a charity single except it's not a charity single. So sad that she went from Reborn to this in like a year. This dragged.
19) Empara Mi - Low volume I assume, shame because I'm really liking this. Love her voice especially, wasn't convinced about the chorus at first but I'm actually loving how much of a mess this is. The verses in particular are so good.
20) Aitana, Ana Guerra - "no no no" indeed. This is actually worse than Tu Cancion so that's an achievement I guess.
21) Jessie Reyez - Can't tell if I love or hate her voice, this song was kinda disappointing in comparison to some of her other stuff. It's not bad I guess? Just not really what I was expecting.
22) Kiiara - Messy. More of the fake edgy stuff I'm so so tired of. Blehhhhhhhh again.
2173 days 7 hours ago
Arris
And no worries it was really fun Catch ! :)
2173 days 7 hours ago
onemanarmy
22) Kiiara - Messy - She always gives me the vibe that me and her would not enjoy each others company in real life……lol Mediocre like all her songs.
2173 days 7 hours ago
onemanarmy
01) Austra - Future Politics - Not Completely sold on the vocalist but I did like the sound and style.
02) Boy Epic - UP Down - I quite like his voice, good lyrics, liked the style and sound to it too, one for the player for sure.

03) Ina Wroldsen - Remember Me - Please be upbeat and not sleep music like her last entry…Yeah it's not sleep music. I quite enjoyed this one except when she goes opera on Remember me, edit that part and it's great one for the player.

04) Aurea - Done With You - Well Done with you is pretty much my thoughts on the song, it wasn't a horrible song but I don't like her voice at all, different singer and I'd dig it.

05) Real Madrid - Halla Madrid - Really? This just pure sucks, something tells me knitting needles jammed in my ears would be les painful.

06) Samantha Jade - Soldier - Not Perfect and I know she can do better but it's alright as an entry but not sure it belongs on my player, might grow more on me.

07) Courtyards - Here You Call - It didn't suck but not sure I'll remember this song I jut heard. I'll be listening to most again later in the week so who know but grow more on me.

08) Elohim - Half Love - Some good elements to it just not sure I'm completely sold on it as a whole yet, nothing stood out as bad so just a matter of giving it another go to see if it becomes more cohesive to me

09) Bülow - Not A Love Song - This is great for my player, generic sounding perhaps but hey it sounds good to me and that's what matter most to me.

10) Odette - Take It To The Heart - I'm liking her, production seemed to be missing something to really sell the song but definitely not bad.

11) Britt Rion - Hide - Kind of got lost in the song and forgot what I was doing, this one can go on my player.

12) PJ Brennan - Tease - If I was watching this on mute I would expect this too be horrible but it was decent. I liked his voice and overall sound is in my taste range, not sure it'll make the player but I don't dislike it.

13) Sigrid - High Five - I like her voice but the production itself doesn't stand out for me and this becomes unmemorable.

14) Sondre Justad - Some Foreign Title - I simply did not like this, bit of a beat to it made it tolerable but I'll never listen to it again.

15) Elias - Revolution - Just not my style, not a fan of this kind of male singer with a sappy song, it bores me , his voice is good nonetheless.

16) Jamie Lynn Spears - Follow Me - Karaoke Night? Sounds like it

17) Hyphen Hyphen - Like Boys - I could probably name 20 better songs with Boys in the title

18) Rae Morris - Someone Out There - Too sappy for my taste and well the songs just boring so the combination was please be over ASAP

19) Empara Mi - Alibi - The thumbnail along with the title had me thinking this was gonna be great, while not completely disappointed I was not expecting that voice.

20) Aitana, Ana Guerra - Lo Malo - Much better than the last non English entry..much better, this was decent but too generic to make the player, I mean why put non English track I don't understand on it when there's already English ones that sound the same. That won't hurt it though in regards to points.

21) Jessie Reyez - Great One - The only one I was hyped to hear, loved Figures which got my 12, and she's Canadian so much love and this one doesn't disappoint me, love her voice, not as amazing as Figures but it's going on the player regardless.

22) Kiiara - Messy - She always gives me the vibe that me and her would not enjoy each others company in real life……lol Mediocre like all her songs.
2173 days 7 hours ago
Arris
1) This one is interesting. Doesn't sound like anything I have heard before. I don't particularly love it but I find it memorable. There is SOMETHING about it !
2) This one has a cool sound. I like the verses and chorus is fine too. Despite vocals being quite generic it's a good entry. I definitely like this one.
3) Her vocals are giving me some Bebe Rexha vibes. So far so good, I liked every song this and this one is not an exception. The lyrics are also interesting and overall vibe and style of this song is fine.
4) Nice ballad but sounds quite bland. Like idk... every other ballad? Although, her vocals are nice but some parts just sound like this song was built for somebody with stronger vocals and she just doesn't exactly deliver.
5) I appreciate and respect the fact that it's a hymn and everything but this contest is about FUN and it's just nto fun at all. It's absolutely not the type of music I would listen and imo horrid entry. I'm sorry!
6) This is a bop! Nice and easy to listen. Fun and catchy song I don't know what else to add tbh. I like it.
7) I like rockish sound and this is totally fine but I was waiting for that BIG chorus and it had a very nice melody but there was something lacking. Bigger and better chorus would make wonders to this track, but it didn't happen.
8) I strangely really like this one. It's like really anthemic and positive. I feel like it would do better without a saxophone because it kinda feels like too much of everything in one song but overall I think it's good. It has some very strong moments. Just delete the damn saxophone and you have a damn good track.
9) Yessss gurl ! I love tracks with this vibe. It's AMAZING ! Sounds really current, cool and on trend. Really enjoyed this entry. This is something I could definitely put on my phone.
10) A little bit boring? I mean she sings really well but the production is quite basic it nearly sounds like acoustic version. The production kinda failed here imo.
11) I really liked this one! It just have kinda fresh sound and feels in a way like an ode to 90's and I totally buy it ! There's something really infectious about this song
12) Kinda cringy lyrics but a really catchy tune lmao. I mean it's okay and I kinda like it but it's definitely not great.
13) Will this be a lucky 13 ? ;) Well I personally like this. It has a nice production and overall a really fun vibe, you can tell the vocalist is feeling this and is energetic and is actually having fun and for me as a listener it's also fun.
14) Congratulations for the bravery of submitting song in a foreign language! I like this song. There is something really pleasant in this, nice track.
15) It's a powerful entry lyrically and sonically is very good too but to me the whole song kinda drags at the end, like it's becoming kind of hard to listen. Overall though, it's a good entry.
16) It's super cheesy and not even a full song. I mean it is FUN in that sweet Disneyish way but it's not really my style of music. Too candy! But hey, at least it's catchy af!
17) Hard pass for me. I mean it's not bad at all but it's just not something I would listen to. However, there are some very interesting music elements in this track. I'm sure this entry will have a lot of fans, but sadly I'm not one of them.
18) This one really bored me, sorry. I just feel like falling asleep while listening to this. There is nothing interesting in her voice nor this song.
19) This one is quite ... an experience. I agree with the comments below that production was quite incoherent but it's not the only thing that bothers me about this track. The voice is just awful, sorry. Sounds kinda scary.
20) This one is quite of a bop ! It's catchy , latin with a tropical production. It is really nice but at the same sounds like hundreds of other songs out there but I do like it.
21) Her vocals are kinda annoying (noah fence) and imo kinda ruin this song. In general it's not a bad entry but not very good either. It's just decent.
22) I always thought Kiiara was an interesting young artist. This one is indeed very interesting and even sorts of unique. She has her own style and is keeping it. I like this entry!
2173 days 3 hours ago
Insanity
NOT THE ZOEY 101 THEME SONG LMAOOO
2172 days 11 hours ago
Eoin
01) Austra - BOOT - Well this was fucking weird, I just did not think it was cohesive, oh at all. It just was a little messy.

02) Boy Epic - TOOT - This is kinda point bate as in these big production songs always do well and it's kinda a cop out. However, it was still tolerable.

03) Ina Wroldsen - BOOT - This was very Sia tribute actish and well so unoriginal. Like nope.

04) Aurea - BOOT - I just found this totally boring and unoriginal, nothing in it stands out as being anything extra ordinary. Last week we were spoiled by ballads that were so much better than this.

05) Real Madrid - BOOT - This is a troll, so i'm ignoring it.

06) Samantha Jade - BOOT - This is just bland. Not much to say. Just -------

07) Courtyards - TOOT - I liked this, bit of indie rock, maybe I wouldn't usually love it but it stands out in a puddle of meh so far.

08) Elohim - BOOT - Gross, terrible, murdered my ears.

09) Bülow  - TOOT - Generic and basic but who am I to call out on that? Solid song, solid vocals.

10) Odette - TOOT - I loved this, her vocals were great and it has great vibes. Something just was magnetic about this performance and it drew me in :)

11) Britt Rion - TOOT - A light listen. Nice and mellow, in-offensive. Nothing to dislike but nothing to love

12) PJ Brennan - BOOT - CRINGEEEEEEEE

13) Sigrid - TOOT - Ugh i was gonna enter this but decided not to be basic. it's quite a good pop song and it is on my playlist so i really do quite like it.

14) Sondre Justad - TOOT - I had such hope when this started but it just never hit my g spot, however, solid overall.

15) Elias - BOOT - Well vocally amazing but the song is a snoozer.

16) Jamie Lynn Spears - BOOT - I refuse to even, nope.

17) Hyphen Hyphen - BOOT - She doesn't seem happy but she does seem high!

18) Rae Morris - TOOT - I found this to be pretty, not amazing but a hella lot better than most of the shit spewed in this contest.

19) Empara Mi - BOOT - Like people may call Rae boring but compared to this? Really? This is not a song.

20) Aitana, Ana Guerra - BOOT - This is a no, no, no from me. Generic and feels like any latin song!

21) Jessie Reyez - TOOT - I love her vocals! The song just feels special, i don't know what it is about it. I guess the production? It just has that something extra.

22) Kiiara - BOOT - LET'S STOP THIS EDGY STUFF THAT'S NOT EVEN MUSIC IN THIS CONTEST. Like this song epitomises this contest this week, too extra and edgy that the music is lost. Really fucking bad.
2172 days 3 hours ago
PrincessTeePee
Austra ~ I'm grabbed by the 80s europop vibes in this. The vocal sounds a little robotic in parts though and I'm not completely sold on it. A bit repetitive, but I do like ths one overall.
Boy Epic ~ It's certainly epic. A bit overproduced in parts where the vocal slightly is drowned, but otherwise I'm quite digging this. Sounds game-y. Another different one.
Ina Wroldsen ~ The chorus hurts my ears a little! Her voice is good though, she sounds a bit like BebeRexha here. Its catchy, quite liked it. I was alone in not liking that slow one she was in...lol!
Aurea ~ Remember giving a past song of hers a 12 once, it was amaze. Still love her voice, but not nearly as crazy for this song, as it felt pretty generic lyrics wise. Not awful though.
Real Madrid ~ Please beat Liverpool on saturday! A bold send. He has a good voice. But, this'll most likely feature on the worst 15 list. :'(
Samantha Jade ~ Lyrically, this was a drainer to listen to. Not into it at all.
Courtyards ~ Guessed the sender even before I hit play :P It flowed fairly slowly but well, and I actually enjoyed this one more than a few so far. Kinda britpoppy.
Elohim ~ The pre-chorus caught me by surprise. A good beat in this, definitely one of the better ones so far, even with mehhh verses,
Bülow ~ See the last one re. the verse vocals. The chorus is cool though, definitely salvages the song. Not bad on the whole.
Odette ~ I actually think this was one of the best thus far in terms of quality. Her vocals fit superbly with the rhythm. Really decent, I'd listen again.
Britt Rion ~ I quite liked the haunting song this offered, although after a while I got bored. That said, superb instrumental.
PJ Brennan ~ I've been waiting for a male vocal and got... this. Cheesy, sounds like The Weeknd on a budget. do like the synth, though.
Sigrid ~ I can definitely see her struggling from now on to emulate the success of Strangers. That said, I did enjoy this, particularly the chorus. She has such mature tones in her vocal.
Sondre Justad ~ I'm unphased by this, as it sounds like how every song did about 10 years ago...just, in Swedish, obvz. Its just there, it passed me by.
Elias ~ Very good send, and honestly it could have been even more epic had more effort been put into the chorus. The subtle buildups are enough for me though, and the backing choirs are sublime. Loved this one. Can see it winning.
Jamie Lynn Spears ~ And I thought I was struggling for entries. Jesus.
Hyphen Hyphen ~ Parts of this I liked...but the whole thing, especially the main vocallist was just, WEIRDDDD. I kinda got more into it as it went on though? Strange. May gra a point for being this bold.
Rae Morris ~ Ha, this was actually a welcome change in tempo. I know this one actually, its buzzed through my head for a few days since hearing it at work. Not my usual thing, and she's done better, but somehow I'm rather enchanted by the message in this. Not bad at all.
Empara Mi ~ I was braced for a Molly Kate Kestner level epic chorus.. didn't happen. A weird vocal but certainly a good song overall. It for me just lacked the 'wow' factor.
Aitana, Ana Guerra ~ This was alreet actually, good voices. Nothing I haven't heard before, but definitely catchy.
Jessie Reyez ~ She sounds constipated af...and the song aint that great either. Nothing at all grabbed me.
Kiiara ~ Honestly/ Yaaaawn. Like with the last song, nothing particularly stood out.
2171 days 19 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
01) Austra - Was waiting for something to really bring this one together for me. It never came. Not a BAD start, but I've had better~
02) Boy Epic - Have something from Boy Epic on my list, but this wasn't it. The instrumental felt a bit epic at parts, but the song really never matched that level IMO. It's okay.
03) Ina Wroldsen - I'm loving the verses. It takes a decent sized turn for the worse at the chorus. As a whole, I still enjoyed it.
04) Aurea - Rather nice voice, but a rather boring use of it.
05) Real Madrid - I don't want to define which songs are for TSC and which aren't, but like OBV THERE'S A GUN TO MY HEAD AND I HAVE TO DEFINE THIS ONE WAY OR ANOTHER!!!!  I'd put this very high on the spectrum of "not for TSC."
06) Samantha Jade - Small parts of it are a bit cringe, but otherwise, it's a solid enough standard (for *those* times) pop track.
07) Courtyards - Weekly obligatory "not for me, but that's okay, because it'll probably be for others" comment.
08) Elohim - The sax feels so wrong, but also feels so right. Yeah, I vibe to this one overall.
09) Bülow - Something about the last entry felt so refreshing and DIFFERENT. In comparison, this feels like something I hear quite often. It's listenable for sure, but just lacks a little in things to make it stand out.
10) Odette - This reeks of something that will do very well for me in this particular contest, but will struggle to make any REAL impact on my end of the year list. Basically, something I find good, but feel will have very limited replay value.
11) Britt Rion - This is... different. I can see myself looking back on this and being like "I gave this [x amount] of points... what the fuck was I thinking?" I'm probably higher on this right now than I would usually be. It's kinda dreamy... oh dear god the guitar solo.
12) PJ Brennan - Trying to get used to his voice. I hope it's worth my time. It wasn't.
13) Sigrid - HAVE HEARD IT. LIKE IT.
14) Sondre Justad - 3 minutes and 11 seconds and I had no general opinion of it. Probably not a good sign.
15) Elias - Lets start a new chorus. :/ It definitely recovers from that initial thought, though.
16) Jamie Lynn Spears - Yeah.
17) Hyphen Hyphen - Jesus, she really comes on strong. I wish that it built up to that instead of getting calmer in the chorus. By the second time I got used to it and was actually feeling it. HMM.
18) Rae Morris - Come back to us, Real Rae Morris. This was a genuine snooze-fest, I'm afraid.
19) Empara Mi - This really caught me off guard. In the best way possible.
20) Aitana, Ana Guerra - Does the thought that this could have been in the spot that one of my least favorite ESC entries this year was make this a little better for me? Ya.
21) Jessie Reyez - It's purrrrty.
22) Kiiara - M m m m m m MEHssy.

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!