This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 311 Final

Topic » TSC 311 Final

2169 days 15 hours ago
TolisKalkas
no
2169 days 14 hours ago
Tepr
01) Austra – a little different, not my fav from them but the chorus is stuck in my head
02) Boy Epic – meh, it was okay
03) Ina Wroldsen – interesting song, not fan of her voice
04) Aurea – nah this isn’t for me, feel like she’s shouting at me
05) Real Madrid – no thanks, this is nothing that interests me
06) Samantha Jade – her vocals are so clearly autotuned its embarrassing. #fakemusic
07) Courtyards – this is going nowhere, and it sounds very amateur.
08) Elohim – finally we are on to something, this is killer…
09) Bülow – not bad, I’m getting Lorde and Banks vibes from this 
10) Odette – this is rather simple, but it just stands out for some reason, her vocals are great
11) Britt Rion – yes, another good song, liking the retro 80’s vibes to this
12) PJ Brennan – not bad, his voice is a little to sweet for me , but I can think of many reasons to overlook this
13) Sigrid – hmm this is missing the charm of strangers, not bad overall
14) Sondre Justad – a little generic and a little dull
15) Elias – another generic one, ughhh I’m struggling here
16) Jamie Lynn Spears – shockingly I didn’t love this
17) Hyphen Hyphen – this is sooo trying to be edgy and full of attitude and it fails miserably
18) Rae Morris – yes Rae, it’s a simple song but I like it, nice.
19) Empara Mi – I like weird, but weird needs to be somewhat relatable, this is okay thou
20) Aitana, Ana Guerra – sounds kind of trashy, not getting what’s supposed to be appealing here
21) Jessie Reyez – no another generic female vocalists….. they all sound the same, how can people stand this?? And see the music overall is the same, so there’s nothing making up for it….
22) Kiiara – see this is another generic vocalist, but at least the song, the music , its style, is different
2169 days 13 hours ago
bibbles
tolis didnt like anything!!
2169 days 13 hours ago
PrincessTeePee
01) Austra        sorry I hate the 80s

R U OK?!?
2169 days 12 hours ago
Josh742
01) Austra- Drab then fab. That long note she held towards the end was everything.
02) Boy Epic- I was expecting something more folksy after the storytelling intro. I didn’t like his voice or the style of the song.
03) Ina Wroldsen-  I wasn’t a fan of the screeching chorus but I did really like when she sang ‘remember me’ near the end. The overall product was hauntingly horrific.
04) Aurea- I can tell she put a lot of emotion in this but I was mostly annoyed with her voice
05) Real Madrid- Not a sports fan but he has a nice old-fashioned voice.
06) Samantha Jade- Not very original, I found myself zoning out but it wasn’t a bad song.
07) Courtyards- I loved the first few verses, then it started to pick up a little and I got excited but the chorus fell flat for me. Then it sounded pretty good again. I guess the chorus is my only problem
08) Elohim- Only half-loved this. There are some other songs by her that I really like but none yet that I love all the way.
09) Bülow - Reminds me too much of Lorde but the chorus was really nice. Didn’t like the vocal effects near the end.
10) Odette- Love the sea-themed lyrics, like her her voice, it all just dragged on a little too long.
11) Britt Rion-This song has all the elements: fire, earth, air, and water. I was hoping the magical buildup to the chorus would never end. Chorus was a little lukewarm but the guitar solo was fantastic.
12) PJ Brennan- I was surprised by his voice in a good way. I see potential for something greater in this but it’s pretty decent.
13) Sigrid- Very unique voice, nothing special about the lyrics but they’re kinda catchy. I can’t help but like her.
14) Sondre Justad- Contagious beat and awesome voice. This song makes me so happy! I imagine a boy walking down the halls with a walkman in a retro foreign musical, infecting everyone with happiness.
15) Elias- Good vocals but I don’t like the energy of this nor the depressing lyrics. Not for me this morning
16) Jamie Lynn Spears- Such an inspiration.
17) Hyphen Hyphen- this went batshit crazy, catching me off guard from the get go and for that reason I love it already. She brought a lot of energy to this. It’s different.
18) Rae Morris-Lovely voice but lacking energy. If she is trying to inspire she should take a note from Jamie Lynn Spears.
19) Empara Mi- I feel distressed but I like it.
20) Aitana, Ana Guerra- I really loathe everything except for the vocals. After awhile the singing started to get annoying too.
21) Jessie Reyez- She is a great storyteller. Such a powerful, heart-touching song.
22) Kiiara- I like that there are a lot of components to this. Some parts sounded magical but it was mostly an ordinary listening experience.
2169 days 12 hours ago
DallasAndrew
Tolis is my man!
2169 days 12 hours ago
Insanity17
01) Austra- Her tone kind of reminds me of Florence and the beat and vibe reminds me of Marina. I didn’t like the chorus at all, but the verses sounded so good. I wouldn’t listen to this again.
02) Boy Epic- It has an epic sound to it, but that’s just the instrumental. I didn’t mind the vocals either, they were just overshadowed by the instrumental at certain times.
03) Ina Wroldsen- I really enjoy her tone, but it just sounds so convoluted at times with random sounds. Like the random operatic notes (you’re not Elina, so don’t even try it hoe) didn’t add anything to the song. It has a very catch beat, but the vibe gets lost. 
04) Aurea- She’s really trying for those Avril vibes I feel. It’s nice, but it’s not memorable.
05) Real Madrid- You can’t even hear the players…...next. Really entering a futbol song into the Tengayged Song Conest?
06) Samantha Jade- It has a nice beat and it’s a pop song…so obviously I like it. It’s very generic and it really didn’t have that special moment, it just stuck to the same feeling.
07) Courtyards- I like the buildup of the instrumental, but then when it reached it’s peak…I was disappointed with where the vocal went. This is very relaxed and one-note. I did like it though. 
08) Elohim- I’m feeling the vibe of this. Could see myself white-girl wasted at the club dancing to this. The dynamic is very intriguing. It loses it’s charm as the song progresses, but it’s still one of the better entries so far.
09) Bülow- I’m familiar with this one from Spotify. This is giving me Kiiara and Daya vibes. It has some nice elements, but it doesn’t really go anywhere special and it gets very repetitive. It’s okay!
10) Odette- Another song I’ve heard on Spotify. I like the beat and her voice has a cool tone, but it’s missing something to really set it apart. I like it though.
11) Britt Rion- This has a lot of different elements going on and it’s messing with the vibe I was expecting to get. It’s an interesting entry and I like certain parts of it.
12) PJ Brennan- Kylie Minogue is shook at this gay anthem. I really enjoyed the beat, but that vocal honeyyyy #choices.
13) Sigrid- I always appreciate a Sigrid entry. I like the vibe of this. It’s not her best, but hey it’s still pretty amazing. It just sounds like she’s having fun while singing it and I love that.
14) Sondre Justad- This beat had me moving in my seat. I don’t understand what he’s saying, but it sounds cute.
15) Elias- His tone is beautiful, but this song was just drab af. It flatlined after the first minute.
16) Jamie Lynn Spears- YASSSSSSS. I can’t for this to get a top 10 finish. This is bringing me back to middle school and I live for it.
17) Hyphen Hyphen- I don’t understand what she’s saying half the time. It just sounds so angry. The chorus is really catchy.
18) Rae Morris- Her voice is beautiful and the song is sweet, but it just dragged along.
19) Empara Mi- No, that vocal is not working for me. I don’t like a single thing about this, it just sounds so unappealing.
20) Aitana, Ana Guerra- Okay this kind of slays. *twerks* 
21) Jessie Reyez- Her tone sounds very similar to a few other artists out there today, but I like it. It’s a cute song.
22) Kiiara- I really enjoyed the beat, it has a very summer feel. It does get a bit repetitive, but I don’t it as much.
2169 days 11 hours ago
LornaHollas
2169 days 11 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
Hi all!

Currently helping a friend out.

Results will be delayed by an hour. I will hopefully see you at 9PM BST :)
2169 days 11 hours ago
DanielKennedy111
1. Austra - Giving me Florence + The Machine feels. I like it.
2. Boy Epic - Not my favorite. I wish it had less "noise".
3. Ina Wroldsen - I quite like this. An interesting voice, sounds like Sia and definetly could be an outtake from her last album.
4. Aurea - A ballad is supposed to have HUGE moments. This had not-so big moments. Not impactful.
5. Real Madrid - Congrats on winning the Champions League! You won't be winning Tengaged Song Contest.
6. Samantha Jade - She looks fucking busted in the music video. However I kinda like this generic feel... not my favorite genpop song but it works.
7. Courtyards - I hate choruses that are lazy. While I like the instrumental, the lyrics kill this for me unfortunately!
8. Elohim - WOW. What a banger. In contrast to a lazy chorus with a lackluster instrumental, this lazy chorus is partnered with a great instrumental. The voice is quite good as well.
9. Bulow - Fitting the standard mid-tempo whisper tone, I don't mind this compared to some of the previous entries.
10. Odette - With some bass and some production upgrades, this could be a hit a la Clean Bandit. But it's not.
11. Britt Rion - I wish the verses and pre-chrous had the clearer vocal instead of the filtered one. I think her voice is refined enough to keep up with the instrumental, its just unneeded. I like the instrumental a lot. Reminds me of old-school Grimes.
12. PJ Brennan - I think the verses are too muted to keep up with the boppy chorus. It reminds me of "Green Light", where the verses are too different than the chorus.
13. SIgrid - Beyond the song, Sigrid is SUCH a talent. She really deserves more mainstream recognition. That being said, this is one of her weaker songs. I wish it had a better production, she deserves it.
14. Sondre Justad - It seems flat. I like the instrumental but there isn't too much variance in the song, which makes it sound repetitive - especially to an English listener.
15. Elias - GREAT VOICE! Lackluster production! With maybe strings and more bpm, this could be a smash.
16. Jamie Lynn Spears - Nostalgia hit me like a mother fucking brick wall. This song is iconic and the show is even more iconic. She loses points for being a fucking whore and getting pregnant and ending the show pre-maturely.
17. Hyphen Hyphen - I like this a lot. I think it's cool and has a nice niche sound to it. Very "foot stampy".
18. Rae Morris - Great voice but like. It's a "Rise Up" reject.
19. Empara Mi - Oooooooh. I REALLY like this a ton. An anthem. Her voice is a little "Lana Del Rey through a filter" but. This song reminds me of "West Coast" with the strong verses and muted chorus.
20. Aitana, Ana Guerra - I like it! It's a fun, cute summer hit. I wish the chorus had more depth to it but other than that I like it. I really like tropical even if it is a fad at this point.
21. Jessie Reyez - She has huge potential but this song is just NOT IT. It needs more of a bass and more production value.
22. Kiiara - I just really don't like muted pop songs. I want HUGE choruses! I want HUGE production!!! I like this song but I really just need pop to re-invent itself again. :(
2169 days 10 hours ago
adeleadele
Austra - 'Future Politics- This was interesting, at times i heard bottled dicks lol :P The song is not my cup of tea i like uniqueness, but maybe not this
Boy Epic - 'Up Down- Ok, possible winner just cuz it's tsc bait, it's ok i guess but kind of generic
Ina Wroldsen - 'Remember Me'- This is decent, nothing bad but nothing good, it's middle of the road.
Aurea - 'Done With You- Wow :0 It's a really well structured ballad, amazing vocals and a lot of power!
Real Madrid - 'Hala Madrid y Nada Mas ft. Placido Domigo & RedOne- This is not my cup of tea, and even if it was it would be a bad attempt at... idk can u even call this opera
Samantha Jade - 'Soldier- It sounds cheap, but my kind of cheap, Great vocals and a really nice song!
Courtyards - 'Hear You Call'- Ok don't like this kind of music, but at least it's tame and not awful. It landed in the low decent category.
Elohim - 'Half Love- This song was kind of like #1 but more marketable and better. It's a nice song, not bad at all :)
Bülow - 'Not a love song- So boring, it's so stale in every way possible
Odette - 'Take It To The Heart- It started off as cute and i was kind of liking it, but then the 2nd half left nothing new and slowly went downhill from their, as of now it's Ok
Britt Rion - 'Hide- So stale and boring, basically song #9 but a little bit better
PJ Brennan - 'Tease- Me at that thumbnail, tryhard much. The song was really boring at that start, but for some reason i liked the chorus lol! Ok it lifted on 2nd verse, this is a guilty pleasure for me.
Sigrid - 'High Five- Never liked Sigrid too much, but i kind of liked this one! It's cute
Sondre Justad - 'Gjør det igjen- Me at someone submitting a song that flopped in ESCT Getting 17th, my queen IGLE placed 16th better then this trash. Don't like the language or the song
Elias - 'Revolution- Ok, did not do anything for me. It went too long, which is really bad cuz it was boring for the whole 4 mins
Jamie Lynn Spears - 'Follow Me- So iconic omg, I loved this theme song so much, It made a impact on my daily life
Hyphen Hyphen - 'Like Boys'- Stop screaming at me whore. Idk it's a mix of good and bad for me, which makes it Meh, could of been way better without the screaming
Rae Morris - 'Someone Out There- Video made me uncomfortable so i did not watch, the song was nice tbh, really sweet. It was one note the whole way, but something clicked for me, great song :)
Empara Mi - 'Alibi- Wow this was interesting :0 Song had a lot of different elements and i think it meshed well. a great song :)
Aitana, Ana Guerra - 'Lo Malo- Still think Tu Cancion was the best choice :p This is kind of bop ish but a bit generic
Jessie Reyez - 'Great One'- Get on with the song bitch. Ok the song is building really nicely, im liking it ! Ok yeah this is a really great song :) Has a lot of power in it
Kiiara - 'Messy- Questionable choices in lyrics, but it's a nice bop, a good closer :)
2169 days 9 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
No one here????
ALL BY MY BLOODY SELFFFFFFF

Not even a sassy Rick? Bah!
2169 days 9 hours ago
ryan5676
It's about time you showed up
2169 days 9 hours ago
Arris
We all died waiting for you
2169 days 9 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
Well seeing as we all voted on time....here's the who's who list. :)

The Who's who list of TSC 311

adeleadele        Aurea
AlanDuncan        Samantha Jade
Alexeh23        Empara Mi
Arris        Kiiara
bibbles        Courtyards
Catch_a_falling_star        Hyphen Hyphen
DallasAndrew        Real Madrid
Eoin        Jessie Reyez
Fritzyyyyy        Elohim
Insanity        Bülow
Insanity17        Odette
Josh742        Britt Rion
LornaHollas        PJ Brennan
onemanarmy        Boy Epic
Patrick319        Ina Wroldsen
PrincessTeePee        Rae Morris
queenmichelle        Sigrid
ricktworick1        Aitana, Ana Guerra
ryan5676        Sondre Justad
Tepr        Austra
TheGoodMan        Jamie Lynn Spears
TolisKalkas        Elias

Any shocks?

Any predictions? :)

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!