This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 302 FInal

Topic » TSC 302 FInal

2228 days 11 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
21) Te Vaka - 'Lakalaka'

2228 days 11 hours ago
Alexeh23
21) Te Vaka - Tsamina mina. I didn't realise how much I needed Tokelauan music in my life but I'm so here for this. It's really cute and fun and it's nice to celebrate diversity!
2228 days 11 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
22) Klergy with Valerie Broussard - 'Start A War'

2228 days 11 hours ago
Alexeh23
22) Klergy with Valerie Broussard - Actually really like both the chorus and the verse here but together they feel a bit disjointed. It's still good though, like the way it builds.
2228 days 11 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
23) Renaida - 'All The Feels'

2228 days 11 hours ago
Alexeh23
sigh
2228 days 11 hours ago
Alexeh23
23) Renaida - Are we just gonna make our way through all of MF 2018 because could we not choose a better ESC NF to get through? This suffers from the same problems as Mariette's in that it's formulaic and mediocre.
2228 days 11 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
24) Rhys - 'Too Good to Be True'

2228 days 11 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
All 24 songs have been posted!

Make sure you listen to all of the songs, post your comments and then send your votes to me. :)

Please give 12 10 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 to your favourite ten songs. If you don't know how to vote, please PM me or him.

The live results show will be on Sunday, at 7pm GMT / 8pm BST.

Good luck all! :)
2228 days 11 hours ago
Alexeh23
24) Rhys - This has a good chorus but the verses are a bit nothingy. A pleasant closer and it gets better as it goes on but in all honesty it's not doing anything for me.
2228 days 11 hours ago
Alexeh23
01) Emma Blackery - This sounds VERY familiar and I can't figure out where from. Otherwise I'm getting strong British slightly-more-tolerable Taylor Swift vibes from this which I should be hating but I'm not sure at the moment. Not a bad start.
02) LP - I always have such high expectations of her after Lost on You but anything else I've heard has failed to deliver. The verses were really promising but the chorus felt kinda flat in comparison, and it doesn't really go anywhere after the first chorus, but it's interesting, and her voice is great as usual.
03) Au/Ra - Obligatory "I knew her before she was cool". Love the verses and her voice but like LP the chorus feels really flat in comparison. It's good overall but there'll definitely be people who like this more than I do.
04) Greta Salóme - Greta usually delivers but this... is disappointing. It's not necessarily bad, it's fairly solid for what it is, but I'm struggling to find anything to say about it.
05) Paloma Faith - Love love love Paloma, pretty sure I listened to this like 70 times when the video was released. Not sure what else to say so I'll summarise with one of the YT comments: "PALOMA HENNY!!!! Im GAGGING!!!!"
06) Tom Grennan - Wasn't expecting to like this and the verses were a bit meh but I really liked the chorus here. The instrumentation is great and I'm really liking how it builds - very pleasantly surprised.
07) Sunmi - 95% of the time I struggle to get enthusiastic about the token K-pop entry and this is no different. The "drop" is nice and the whole song is pleasant but nothing more really.
08) Victoria Monét - Another song with a promising start but a lacklustre chorus. A bit of a mess overall really, again not bad but not really good either.
09) Adda - The title says 2016, the video description says 2015, the thumbnail says 2006, awk. Yet another song with really promising verses, really liked the ethnic elements, but a disappointing chorus which I'm getting really tired of typing at this point. </3 Again pleasant overall.
10) The Green Bottle Kiss - Okay for what it is I guess, but not really my thing. Feel as though this was all on one level and a bit messy which stopped me from liking it.
11) Dan Croll - I've grown to like this kind of music a bit more, like the chorus but the verses are a bit nothingy and the end's a bit strange. Pretty good.
12) Esther Vallee - Quite like the instrumental but think it'd be a lot better with a different type of vocalist for the chorus. Definitely grew on me as the song went on though, it's good.
13) Jade Bird - Really like this kind of music tbh although we don't really see it a lot here. This is a great example of it, her voice is great too, liking this a lot.
14) Arlissa & Jonas Blue - Her dancing is... strange. The song was much better than I was expecting, really like her voice and the whole vibe here. The drop is a little underwhelming but as a whole I'm liking this.
15) Kylie Minogue - The revolutionary anthem we're truly not good enough for. Manages to sound vaguely as though it's from the 2010s in a good way. This honestly just makes me happy congrats.
16) MUNA - The second half of this playlist has so far been much, much better than the first, and this continues that. Love her voice and the whole vibe of this, very solid entry that I suspect will do really well.
17) Dash Berlin & DBSTF - Will definitely have its fans but it's really not my thing. Quite like her voice at least.
18) Lxandra - Another really good song, her voice is great and I'm really loving that chorus as well as the whole tune.
19) Troye Sivan - Never cared for Troye at all and this song has elevated me to new levels of indifference. The pre-chorus is fairly nice but the rest of it is... bleh.
20) Naaz - This is cute, like the verses but not really fussed about that repetitive choru. Another decent entry overall.
21) Te Vaka - Tsamina mina. I didn't realise how much I needed Tokelauan music in my life but I'm so here for this. It's really cute and fun and it's nice to celebrate diversity!
22) Klergy with Valerie Broussard - Actually really like both the chorus and the verse here but together they feel a bit disjointed. It's still good though, like the way it builds.
23) Renaida - Are we just gonna make our way through all of MF 2018 because could we not choose a better ESC NF to get through? This suffers from the same problems as Mariette's in that it's formulaic and mediocre.
24) Rhys - This has a good chorus but the verses are a bit nothingy. A pleasant closer and it gets better as it goes on but in all honesty it's not doing anything for me.
2228 days 11 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
Thanks for keeping me company Alexehhhhh
and the others that occasionally dropped in. :p :)
2228 days 10 hours ago
Insanity17
Thank you to the four people who STOLE songs from my potential entries playlists. I'm coming for you.
2228 days 10 hours ago
ryan5676
01) Emma Blackery – Her style of singing is not that good to my ears and the music used just gets repetitive
02) LP – I like this straight from the start with how the beat works perfectly and the voice is fantastic and I want to hear this again
03) Au/Ra – What an alright tune and it kept me interested the whole way through but the issue is the backing vocals and the music used
04) Greta Salóme – I just expected more from this and there was nothing special here from the soft music to her soft voice
05) Paloma Faith – Oh my god the music in this song is so fricking good and it makes me want to dance along and yes this is what I want to hear
06) Tom Grennan – That voice is so unique and I can’t help to love it and also this song which has the rhythm and beat to make it work
07) Sunmi – What to make of this, um it is something that I won’t listen to again even though she has a great voice but the whole package sounds generic
08) Victoria Monét – Uh I got bored very easily trying to get through this and the beat is the worst I heard like it won’t ever end and can this just stop
09) Adda – I enjoyed listening to the voice that sounds very enchanting and the music is not bad so it was a good song overall
10) The Green Bottle Kiss – The music is the major highlight here and I can’t help to bob my head along and I must say that I adore it very much
11) Dan Croll – This is not to my taste to be honest and it just dragged on from the tune and voice used making it sound like it goes on forever
12) Esther Vallee – The vocal work is done very well with her sounding very pleasant and the tune is quite enjoyable so I give it a thumbs up
13) Jade Bird – When she ‘tried’ to go into those high vocals, it fails miserably and the rest of it just sounds messy and not enjoyable
14) Arlissa & Jonas Blue – You go queen on this goodness vocals that never fails to put a smile on my face and the music just makes me want to groove along
15) Kylie Minogue – I can put this in one word and that is it is catchy and you won’t be able to get it out of your head but the only bad thing from this is that her vocals are weak
16) MUNA – The music gives me chills in a bad way and the voice just goes by too fast and I am going to give this one a pass
17) Dash Berlin & DBSTF – There are parts of the song I love that includes the vocals which are stellar but the electronic music was distracting here
18) Lxandra – Who knew that I would like the sound of this and I very much admire her voice and the music and I can’t get enough of it
19) Troye Sivan – Jesus this was a walking disaster with the chorus making no sense music wise and his vocals sound lazy to my ears
20) Naaz – This goes around and around and doesn’t elevate further and it had so much potential but doesn’t use it
21) Te Vaka – The song is like something I never heard of and can I say that I’m a fan straight away in how it puts a smile on me and I can’t get enough of that tune
22) Klergy with Valerie Broussard – The tone is just on point and the build up is fantastic and it pays off in the voice and music blending well and I’m banging my foot along to it
23) Renaida – I’m sorry but I’m not a fan of her voice which sounds weak and the music is very disjointed and doesn’t work
24) Rhys – I wanted to enjoy this so bad with how the verses sounded so good but it was a mess in the chorus with too much music used
2228 days 9 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
01) Emma Blackery - LOL @ "I'VE GOT TEA FOR TWO, AND BITCH I'M GONNA SIP ITTTTT." It's cute. But like, gorgeous next to cute, gorgeous is going to devour cute... so you better hope there's not too much gorgeous in this contest.
02) LP - Listened to this a while back and forgot to put it on my "short"list. It's a stompa.
03) Au/Ra - It's on my list (well, it WAS), like a few artists I see coming up in the running order. Thought it lacked a little bit of a punch, so didn't send it in the first two contests. That being said, it's effective for what it is.
04) Greta Salóme - The chorus did its damnedest to try and save this, and it almost worked. Then Tiny came in with a completely uninteresting rap verse. I'd like to say that he Jenny B'd this shit, but that would mean I at least laughed at it.
05) Paloma Faith - Am I bad Paloma fan if I haven't listened to "The Architect" yet? Yeah, I am. This is quite good, and now I feel even more shame for not listening to the album yet. Think we've got a contender here.
06) Tom Grennan - Wow, I actually got used to Tom Grennan's voice by the time one of his choruses came along. PROGRESS, PEOPLE. The chorus and instrumentation is actually pretty fucking killer.
07) Sunmi - After the first verse, I'm sitting here praying that the chorus does not get sugary sweet and ruin this. PRAISE THE LORD -- IT DIDN'T. This is GOOD.
08) Victoria Monét - Girl, that BODY. Not blown away by it, but totally vibing to it.
09) Adda - She looks familiar, but I can't place it. The title says 2016, the video description says 2015, the thumbnail says 2006, the song says 2002. Feels a bit dated to me, but it's pleasant enough.
10) The Green Bottle Kiss - I had a feeling we'd be getting an "obligatory comment" from the thumbnail alone, and look where we are! First weekly obligatory "not for me, but that's okay, because it'll likely be for others" comment. Not my thing.
11) Dan Croll - It's pleasant, but definitely something I need to be in a certain mood to really vibe with. Felt super long, too.
12) Esther Vallee - Just based on the warning, video: 10/10 - would fap again. This is cool. Lacking a punch when I was hoping for it, but as a whole, I dig it.
13) Jade Bird - I very like overly singer/songwritery things these days. I don't think this is an exception to that "rule."
14) Arlissa & Jonas Blue - WAS ON MY LIST AND I WAS VERY MUCHSO CONSIDERING SENDING IT LAST AND THIS WEEK. I wish the drop was better, but I thoroughly enjoy this.
15) Kylie Minogue - Had a feeling we'd see Kylie coming up in TSC, and actually surprised it wasn't last week. I think I'll probably get my Badge of Gay revoked, but I'm not the biggest Kylie fan out there (THOUGH A BITCH GOES HARD FOR "INTO THE BLUE"). This is cute, but doesn't really do TOO much for me considering I've seen a lot of hype around it.
16) MUNA - This is probably something that would grow with me on a few listens, but on first listen, I'm slightly underwhelmed.
17) Dash Berlin & DBSTF - Surprisingly(?) I'm not into this in the slightest, I'm afraid.
18) Lxandra - I've been waiting for some darkness in this contest. Just hoping it doesn't come in the form of being dark and brooding, yet boring. Verses are fine, but really into this chorus. Nice.
19) Troye Sivan - LOL, really? I was like "oh, this certainly can't be My My My! he must have a new song that just came out!" But alas, here we are. I generally find Troye's music very relaxing, sometimes to the point of it making a bitch want to go to sleep. I like this one.
20) Naaz - Also was on my list, but like Au/Ra, it really wasn't in consideration for these first two weeks because it lacks that certain punch I was looking for. But again, I'm obv into it.
21) Te Vaka - Brave entry. It kinda goes off, and I think at another time I could totally pop my puss to this, but at the moment, I'm not super into it.
22) Klergy with Valerie Broussard - Ooooh, nice, another dark one. On one hand, I can appreciate a nice build, but on the other hand, it almost lost me several times. It's intriguing, but I'm not completely sold after one listen.
23) Renaida - I think this will suffer in my points from me overplaying it. It's good for a Melfest entry, but how will it stand up against stronger quality of music? WE SHALL SEE.
24) Rhys - Oh cool, another artist on my list, but not the song that I had. Progress, right? I think this might be better than what I had on my list, though. OOP!

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!