This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 302 FInal

Topic » TSC 302 FInal

2225 days 13 hours ago
Insanity
I always look forward to your comments too Bibbs! So glad the feeling is mutual 💖
2225 days 9 hours ago
Tepr
01) Emma Blackery – Yes, this was a good pop song, kind of catchy but a little repetitive
02) LP – hmm I have never really liked her, I can see the appeal, but I just can’t find a connection with her music.
03) Au/Ra – She has a fantastic voice which suits the overall mood of this song. I was expecting a little more towards the end, but good overall
04) Greta Salóme – She sounds very good here, its not bad at all, its just a little to soppy and sweet for me
05) Paloma Faith – I wasn’t expecting this disco pop sound from her, I’m impressed. Good pop song
06) Tom Grennan – Another good song, I’m still waiting for something to blow me away, but at this rate I won’t have enough points.
07) Sunmi – I like this also, the production quality is solid, and it has catchy beats, her voice is cool too
08) Victoria MonĂ©t – it’s been a rather solid start to the contest until now, there’s nothing bad about this, its just rather forgettable and bland.
09) Adda – was a little bored with this one, didn’t really make an impression on me
10) The Green Bottle Kiss – this was very cool; this contest needs more diversity in terms of musical styles and this is a perfect example
11) Dan Croll – This is more like my style, I love the energy of this song, his voice sounds really good here. It lost some of its momentum towards the end, but otherwise very good
12) Esther Vallee – hmm I’m not really a fan of her voice, the song overall is just not making any connection with me, I don’t feel anything listening to it.
13) Jade Bird – Great voice, nice little cute song
14) Arlissa & Jonas Blue – ohh I really like her voice, the drop in this is rather mediocre in comparison to the strong verses. But the overall vibe of this song is top notch.
15) Kylie Minogue – from the start, I thought she’d gone all Dolly Parton. She will never top her hey days of can’t get you out of my head, what an anthem that was, this on the other hand is really lazy and just forgettable
16) MUNA – Great use of synth pop, making a retro 80’s style , I love her voice, I love the msg of this song, and it builds and progresses nicely.
17) Dash Berlin & DBSTF – hmmm it has a nice energy too it, but it’s very generic, I feel like I was watching an advertisement for an energy drink
18) Lxandra – instantly dislike her voice, the song is kind of boring, i feel like it’s trying to sound epic but it's failing to deliver anything with substance
19) Troye Sivan – I feel like Troye it the male equivalent of Carly Rae, this is a smart solid pop song, love the sultry vibes to this.
20) Naaz – She’s cute, I love the way she says “I’m Running” her voice is nice, and the song is different enough to stand out
21) Te Vaka – This sounds to cheesy for me, I wish they would have had more of a traditional or world music sound to it instead of incorporating western styles of pop.
22) Klergy with Valerie Broussard – I remember this song, I generally appreciate the songs used in Riverdale. This one, I’m not sure, it feels rather bland and lifeless.
23) Renaida – very generic this one, aside for a few decent parts towards the end, it’s going to be a no
24) Rhys – it’s okay, there’s bits I like and then lots of bits that pass me by, will add it to my contenders and see how I feel after a second listen
2225 days 8 hours ago
adeleadele
FIRST 12 SONGS!

1        Emma Blackery- Dirt- A cute song with awkward lyrics, but it fits the song lol! It's a good song and i wasent bored, but needed something to really make it memorable.
2        LP- No Witness- It sounds like a song that would win, that i did not particularly like (which happens maybe 80% of the time) I just was not interested, but i can see the quality in it, if it's a weak week it could snatch the low points
3        Au/Ra- Panic Room- They were trying to make the song dark, i think it worked in a sense, but a little less pop if u were going for that. But it's a solid song, i got a bit bored at the end, but still solid.
4        Greta Salome Ft Tiny- Wildfire- What cheap ass possibly icelandic movie is she singing a song for lol? Like it's a basic song, but my kind of basic, like i lowkey bopped to this, the rap was unneccasary though like bye. still cute
5        Paloma Faith- Til I'm Done- I lowkey thought sia was singing for a sec lol! But i actually really enjoyed this disco ish throwback, the chorus is really strong, and the verses are solid as well, great tune!
6        Tom Grennan- Sober- The vocals turned me off right from the start. And like when i was listening to it it just flew past me, i did not even notice their was a chorus that's how out of it i was with this song. BYE
7        Sunmi- Heroine- YAS K-POP! K listening to the song.......This build is everything btw and the drop delivered well! It sounds something that could hit the charts if it was sung by a american singer with english lyrics, just a really wonderful track, will add this to my playlist :)
8        Victoria Monet- Wish I Never Met You- It's a bit cheap tbh, it does not blend well together. It's not bad but something was REALLY missing, cuz as of now it sounds like a messy demo
9        Adda- Lupii- Idk what language this is but it's beautiful :) Song is not exactly their, but the vocals really lift it for me, it dragged a bit at the end too.
10        The Green Bottle Kiss- Til I'm Gone- Yeah it just comes too that it's not my kind of song what so ever. But tbh this one did not bother me like a lot of these kinds of songs did, so it's fine i guess, just not my thing
11        Dan Croll- Tokyo- Yeah song 10 and 11 are just not my thing, their not bad in any sense, it's just not my thing lol.
12        Esther Vallee- Numbers- LOL me at this video, the song is a solid bop, it's nothing that great, but wish it was a bit more basic like greta salome kind of basic.
2225 days 7 hours ago
Josh742
01) Emma Blackery- She tells the subject of the song: ‘You were so sweet, what changed?” & I cant help but wonder if she’s always been mean or if she’s changed too. Reminds me of Lily Allen.
02) LP- Not really my taste but good voice! She needs to form a band with Elle King & Gin Wigmore. They all give me similar vibes.
03) Au/Ra- I’ve heard this song once before & I love it! Haunting & hypnotic.
04) Greta Salóme- Tiny ruined this song’s flow.
05) Paloma Faith- Great song to listen to while cleaning up after two destructive puppies. Gave me life
06) Tom Grennan – Not the best song I’ve heard titled ‘Sober’. His accent sounds exotic but turns out he’s British? Reminds me of Crystal Fighters.
07) Sunmi- QUEEN. The beginning was so dreamy then it became very raucous like an alarm clock pulling me out of a dream.
08) Victoria Monét- Nice flow, this was an alright song.
09) Adda- Like the lelelelel’s. Like the slow pace but it would work better for me if the lyrics were softer & less harsh, but that’s probably just the language. Then the chanting at the end happened -_-
10) The Green Bottle Kiss- Throwback
11) Dan Croll- The beginning:” YES!!!! Then he starts singing: Ok I’m still digging this I hope it stays varied. Chorus: I’m not crazy about it. I love everything except the chorus. With a better chorus this song would be knocked out of the ball park & into Tokyo. Dear God this song is long! The chorus is starting to grow on me.
12) Esther Vallee- Poetic, thoughtful lyrics, except for the 1 4 3 thing which is so cliché.
13) Jade Bird- Yay more numbers -_- This was alright.
14) Arlissa & Jonas Blue- I listened to this less than 20 minutes ago & I’ve already forgotten how it goes but I remember liking it.
15) Kylie Minogue- Love the chorus.
16) MUNA- Powerful lyrics, but this song doesn’t wow me.
17) Dash Berlin & DBSTF- LOL @ the video showing her playing guitar while we hear electronica. Techno guitar? The electronic music is the real star in this.
18) Lxandra- Wicked! She’s brewed a potent love potion with this song
19) Troye Sivan- I know & love this song! Havent seen the video yet. I feel bad for his epileptic fans
20) Naaz- what the hell is she saying in the chorus. Ok I’ve figured it out by the end. Not bad
21) Te Vaka- Gives me life. But this doesn’t even come close to shakira’s wakawaka.
22) Klergy with Valerie Broussard- This is pretty bland.
23) Renaida- gives me some feels, but not all the feels
24) Rhys- optimistic. catchy chorus
2225 days 6 hours ago
Patrick319
1) Emma Blackbery - Cute pop song, but I can't imagine remembering anything about it in 30 minutes.
2) LP - LP is pretty hit or miss from me and granted, I'm not her biggest fan. This is quite good though. I don't think I'll ever LOVE her voice but I'm loving everything else about this. The whole thing is very gritty.
3) Au/Ra - Pleasant voice, and the song really goes off. I'm enjoying this. The chorus is great.
4) Greta SalĂłme - I love me some Greta. I was expecting this to sound quite childish but it wasn't like that at all. I could see this song working on the Eurovision stage. The chorus is giving me serious Emmelie de Forest vibes. I'm into it.
5) Paloma Faith - I heard this a little while ago and thought it was pretty good. Much better than her previous TSC effort. Arguably, I'm not in love with the chorus but the production is on point.
6) Tom Grennan - This contest already has way too many hipster vocalists and it's becoming a bit annoying. This song goes absolutely off though. I'm at the bridge and my interest has yet to recede. Instrumentally, this is brilliant. Great song.
7) Sunmi - Is this Kpop? Jpop? Anyways, I'm into it. I much prefer this to the typical bubblegum-inspired Kpop that tends to be entered. I could even see this working as an English song. The drop is EVERYTHING. Loved this.
8) Victoria Monét - There is something so familiar about this that I can't put my finger on. Regardless, I'm into it. I'm really trying to find something I dislike this contest BUT I CAN'T FIND IT.
9) Adda - This is interesting. I'm guessing this is Romanian. I like the ethnic feel to it. I was a little over it by the time the second verse rolled around but still, good.
10) The Green Bottle Kiss - Meh, not a fan.
11) Dan Croll - Sounds like something I'd have heard in TSC five years ago. Granted, I don't hate it - but I'll pass.
12) Esther Vallee - Not impressed by her voice. I was waiting for the song to pick up but it never happened. It's a bit boring.
13) Jade Bird - She has a very sweet voice. I'm not blown away by the song but it was a pleasant listen. It's just a bit too simplistic for my taste.
14) Arlissa & Jonas Blue - This immediately sounds like every other song on the radio right now. Generic female vocal with a tropical house beat. I mean, I don't hate it LOL and the chorus got me moving, but I could see myself getting tired of this very quickly.
15) Kylie Minogue - I'm loving this country-pop path that Kylie is going down. Reinvent yourself, queen! This is a total bop and I regret not sending it now.
16) MUNA - This has a very interesting 80s vibe to it. It's quite good, but begins to drag. The song could have been about a minute shorter and I would have appreciated it more.
17) Dash Berlin & DBSTF - Meh. This was really quite predictable and I personally wasn't a fan.
18) Lxandra - This was a pleasant surprise. Great voice, and the song progresses quite nicely. I love the slight repetitions in the chorus. I'm a fan!
19) Troye Sivan - No offense but I adore this. It very much sounds like Sweden's Eurovision 2018 entry but better. The chorus is epileptic in nature (not just the video), and I'm really into it. One of my favourites of the contest for sure.
20) Naaz - This one caught me off guard. Another song I really like. Her voice is great and the song is incredible. It gets a little repetitive after a while but I'm not mad about it. This contest is a bloodbath.
21) Te Vaka - Noisy. Not a fan.
22) Klergy with Valerie Broussard - I adore her voice but the song just doesn't catch me at all.
23) Renaida - In a normal contest I would probably give this high points but girl, you've got competition. Arguably, I'm a little over it by this point but I still enjoy it a lot.
24) Rhys - Heard this a few months ago probably. It's forgettable. Nowhere near as good as Last Dance, unfortunately.
2225 days 6 hours ago
Patrick319
Sorry in advance if you received a positive comment but get low (or no) points. Enjoyed a lot of songs this time.
2225 days 3 hours ago
Temeky
01) Emma Blackery
Emma Blackery - the QUEEN of delivering bops after bops!! This is one of her best songs so far (doesn't beat Don't Come Home). Can't wait to see her in October!

02) LP
Very meh. It's not a new Lost On You, that's for damn sure.

03) Au/Ra
Heard this before, it's currently in the contest that I created.
It's okay - not bad, not good. I prefer the choruses over the verses.
I like the video. In my opinion, the video is better than the song, but we're not supposed to base our votes because of the video, as I've been told in the past.

04) Greta SalĂłme
This is good! Not amazing, b.. oh god, rap? Nevermind, I've changed my mind.

05) Paloma Faith
Not a big fan of Paloma, all of the songs I've heard by her have been very meh, but this song was good. Best one I've heard from her, so far.

06) Tom Grennan
This is probably gonna end up in the top 10, and I will be asking "why?". So mediocre, but I can see why people like it I guess.

07) Sunmi
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/384172770549825536/423556662914187264/boi-1.gif
Heard this before, and it's SO GOOD. I can't find a single negative thing to say about it, it's amazing. I've even learned the choreography for this song.
Also, this was on my shortlist. Screw you, whoever stole it from me :(

08) Victoria Monét
Well, this is boring and underwhelming.

09) Adda
Boring and underwhelming, but better than the last song.

10) The Green Bottle Kiss
I like rock if it's done the right way. This isn't done the right way.

11) Dan Croll
Did you put milk in this? Sugar? Because this isn't my cup of tea.

12) Esther Vallee
I didn't mind this, I just thought it sounded the same throughout the entire song, which made it a bit boring.

13) Jade Bird
I don't like her voice, or the music really. Feels kindof unique, though.

14) Arlissa & Jonas Blue
This is REALLY good. I can absolutely see myself listening to this in the future. Bop!

15) Kylie Minogue
Wow, this was... different for Kylie! It's good, but I expected something less country-esque.

16) MUNA
Meh. Doesn't really stand out. Not memorable.

17) Dash Berlin & DBSTF
It's okay. That's it.

18) Lxandra
Powerful! Love the chorus!

19) Troye Sivan
Not the best Troye Sivan song, but also not the worst. It's okay.

20) Naaz
Okay. Don't really have anything else to say.

21) Te Vaka
I don't like this. Too weird for me.

22) Klergy with Valerie Broussard
Meh. Mediocre.

23) Renaida
YOU GIVE ME! Major Lazer who?
The chorus is really fucking catchy! Can't deny that I've had this stuck in my head ever since I saw it live during the Melfest final.

24) Rhys
I had pretty high expectations since I LOVED Last Dance, but this was.. really underwhelming and disappointing.
2225 days 1 hour ago
Yoshitomi
Victoria Monét - Wish I Never Met You
This is the kinda song where Nightcore would improve it (to me). It's okay, doesn't really stand out.

Adda - Lupii
Have no idea what the song is about but the video is giving me Twilight vampire themes. 😂

The Green Bottle Kiss - Til I'm Gone
*head bangs* That is quite a voice! And this is a really meaningful song. Gosh darn. 😼

Dan Croll - Tokyo
Well this is long! The animation is nice though. Not my thing though. #Sorry

Esther Vallee - Numbers
The video gives out American Psycho vibes for sure. The song is pretty mediocre without the video. đŸ€Ł

Jade Bird - Lottery
Guy/Gal behind a guitar. Not usually my thing. But I'm always a fan of when an artist is giving a song their all. And this is exactly what's happening here.

Arlissa & Jonas Blue - Hearts Ain't Gonna Lie
The vocal doesn't stand out but ooooh...that music...Also, I wonder if the dancing was choreographed or if she just did her own thing. 😁

Kylie Minogue - Dancing
Like the double meaning in this one. 😊 Don't we all wanna go out dancing? Just niceness and darkness all around and it's just swell.

MUNA - I Know A Place
Where's the 80's themed song this week? Here it is! And I love it. It's a triumphant tune!
Hold on...
"If you want to go out dancing, I know a place."
Peter? Are the songs REALLY in a random order? đŸ€”

Dash Berlin & DBSTF - Save Myself (ft. Josie Nelson)
Did she record her parts at home and the rest is stock footage? This video is ridiculous. #GirlPower #IndependentWomenWhoDontNeedNoMen except there are men in the footage with #GirlPower labels. The song is nice but ugh! The video!!!

Lxandra - Dig Deep
I'd love to devour a cake like that one day. Just a whole cake in my mouth! This is lyrically awesome, vocally awesome and wow. Me likey.

Troye Sivan - My My My!
Tbh with that warning, let's not watch the video. Let's see...the deep "my my my" voice is only good thing so far...he's talented but this is just not enjoyable for me.

Naaz - Up To Something
I like her version of running (a lil skip). Also this should be called "Up to sutin". Even with the terrible enunciations, it's cheeky and fun.

4 more to go but I'm taking another break. 🙈
2224 days 23 hours ago
QueenMichelle
01) Emma Blackery - This song is like the entirety of stan twitter getting riled up and attacking someone lool, I hate when artists use social media's as lyrics in their songs, it always makes me cringe. The song is cute otherwise ig.
02) LP - Her voice kinda annoys me, it's unique yeah but like idk it just irritates me at times and as for the song itself, it's alright, but I am not particularly a fan.
03) Au/Ra - Another song I was gonna send, I discovered this like ages ago, but like I wasn't thinking of sending it because I listened to it so much. I acc love this song though, I wish someone sent Outsiders but this is still a bop to me and I really like her voice & look.
04) Greta SalĂłme - I swear to god every 10 contests she's sent in like someone really does want to send her entire discography. This song is actually quite cute though, except for that feature, it literally kinda felt like a different song... definition of a useless feature. We deserved a better bridge. Lowkey ruined the song for me, then again wasn't really feeling the last chorus either.
05) Paloma Faith - Literally the best song off her album. This song is so good, such a bop and I really like the style especially. I bopped my ass to the chorus. If this wins, I won't be mad.
06) Tom Grennan - That guy is quite hot tbh. I thought this song was actually really cute like I got more into it as it went on. His raspy ass voice gave me chills, I love this.
07) Sunmi - Okay, I'm actually shook from this... it was so soft, which I loved,  then she came in and fucking began slaying, then that drop, one of the KPOP songs I love literally EVERYTHING about it. This should win tbh.
08) Victoria Monét - I'm not sure how majority of the people here aren't bopping their asses to this. That guitar is amazing and the entire vibe of this song is just great. The chorus is iconic with the whispering. Slay me.
09) Adda - Those notes at the start got me hyped, I loved those. I think I liked the song as a whole? The chorus was alright but it felt like the production was going one pace and she was singing in a different pace. Verses were cute. Not my favourite, but she cute.
10) The Green Bottle Kiss - I saw the name and just KNEW this would be a horrible rock song, and guess what? I was correct. I mean idk how people can actually enjoy this. Like genuinely, I'm confused.
11) Dan Croll - Forgot this was playing honestly, I started scrolling through twitter with this in the background... I mean it's just something to have play in the background. As a first listen I think it's alright but it's nothing to be excited about.
12) Esther Vallee - There's something I don't like about this song, it feels almost robotic to me, idk ya'll it's definitely not for me. I didn't really enjoy it at all.
13) Jade Bird - I think it's cute... but it was making me kinda bored, like I need a bop rn.. I'm sick of all these songs going nowhere. I like the lyrics though.
14) Arlissa & Jonas Blue - OH MY FUCKING GOD YESSSS. I WAS LOOKING FOR THIS! I HEARD IT ONCE BUT LEGIT COULDN'T FIND IT. I'm legitimately so happy. I needed this as well after all those flops beforehand. THIS IS THE FUCKING WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG. CHORUS SLAYS ME.
15) Kylie Minogue - I wasn't feeling it at the start but the chorus really did have my edges surgically removed, and I'm here for it. Kylie still slaying at 49, yes queen.
16) MUNA - Wow, this was really cute. This kinda gives me Carly Rae Jepsen vibes but like, not really at the same time. I love her voice and it works perfect with the beat. I love this.
17) Dash Berlin & DBSTF - LOL THE VIDEO KINDA MADE ME LAUGH BC ITS LIKE ALL THESE OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES THEN IT'S JUST HER IN HER BEDROOM SINGING. The song itself was cute to me, the drop is one of my favourite fucking drops, it's so pleasing to my ears, I really like this ya'll. The drop makes it so much better!
18) Lxandra - Her voice lowkey reminds me of Sigrid. So in that aspect, I fucking adore her voice. The song itself, it's been done many, many times before, but tbh I like this one a lot in particular. Not my fav, still good.
19) Troye Sivan - Ugh yes, I love Troye. Ofc I've heard this tonnes of times, but honestly it is an amazing song, and the chorus especially, he just goes all out and I fucking stan. The production is on point. I love this video too.
20) Naaz - It was cute and inoffensive. I don't really have much else to say about it, it's fun, I dig it kinda.
21) Te Vaka - I'm not even joking that fucking start scared me LMFAOO. But yeah I fucking hate this. Like, everything about it. Literally, there's nothing good about it, it's just a mess in 3:23 minutes. Was so happy when it finished.
22) Klergy with Valerie Broussard - I wish this was in The 100 soundtrack. But like, songs like this fucking slay me. The way how it built over time, it's just perfection. The buildup is so subtle though, but I could feel it building too. I just love it. Then after the climax, just soothing music. This is fucking ART.
23) Renaida - That drop is great but everything else is just alright tbh, the song as a whole, I'm just not feeling it unfortunately.
24) Rhys - Another song I was gonna send. Last Dance was way better than this though, I replayed the shit out of this and now I'm kinda like, 'meh' about it, but not really, like I acknowledge that it's a good song. I love the chorus. Hmm. I think it could do well, I might give it decent points. After listening through for the first time after a while, I know why I liked it. Hmm.
2224 days 21 hours ago
AlanDuncan
Doing Something Different This Week.
Listening to all songs and then commenting at the end of all instead of one at a time.

01) Emma Blackery - All I can remember is an annoying accent but good beat.
02) LP - I think her voice bothered me but other than that forgettable.
03) Au/Ra - The noises at the start were annoyinng but the song was goodish.
04) Greta SalĂłme - She has better songs I don't hate this though.
05) Paloma Faith - Ugh this slayed me yes Paloma work the desert.
06) Tom Grennan - This was a good voice but the song was a bit lackluster
07) Sunmi - Kinda floated by to be honest but I dont hate the KpOP
08) Victoria Monét - This was good but doesn't stand out (I had to actually relisten cos I forgot it)
09) Adda - Ugh I love the ethnic vibes the verses are promisiing but the chrous legit flops so hard.
10) The Green Bottle Kiss - I mean you should know this isn't my gig.
11) Dan Croll - Yeah I don't like this either sorry.
12) Esther Vallee - I mean for all the video talk she shoulda made a decent song oops.
13) Jade Bird - Another annoying accent girl bye.
14) Arlissa & Jonas Blue - BOP ALERT. Jonas Blue just doesnt disapoint.
15) Kylie Minogue - I mean yeah I liked it when it came out ive overplayed it. Cheap shot at a win whoever this was.
16) MUNA - Oooh I liked her. bit repetive but good considering weve had some duds.
17) Dash Berlin & DBSTF - I forgot this was on so its a bad sign. (second listen - its kk)
18) Lxandra - This is good too. Toot
19) Troye Sivan  - I hate him but this song is a kinda half bop I guess
20) Naaz - Repetitve as fuck bye
21) Te Vaka - I mean its cute but nothing special
22) Klergy with Valerie Broussard - I liked this but its a bit boring
23) Renaida - EARPEICE GODDESS ROBBED MOM
24) Rhys - I mean I said TY in ESC chat and ill say it agian. Thank You
2224 days 20 hours ago
TolisKalkas
01) Emma Blackery        it's one of those songs that I'm like meh about be after 10 months I would potentially be like.. Oh this was actually pretty good
02) LP        I mean it's better than her other shit
03) Au/Ra        Video made me like this a little more than I should
04) Greta SalĂłme        She's had better
 and tiny is dropping it for me
05) Paloma Faith        I mean this is better than a lot of her other recent shit
06) Tom Grennan        I hate these vocals, but I didn't hate the song
07) Sunmi        pretty standard, but don't like her voice
08) Victoria MonĂ©t        this sounds like it's done before and underproduced
09) Adda        didn't pull me in this early in the morning
10) The Green Bottle Kiss        ahhh there we go.. I was wondering when the trash entries were going to come
11) Dan Croll        I mean this was not for me but not something I hated
12) Esther Vallee        again another one that I didn't like now but feel like it would be better much later
13) Jade Bird        I mean it's not a good one
 but not a bad one
 it's very basic
14) Arlissa & Jonas Blue        of course we have an great collab here
15) Kylie Minogue        honestly this should chart because is a bop
16) MUNA        this seems super familiar again. I don't know why
17) Dash Berlin & DBSTF        I remember in early tscs I was always tempted to submit Dash but this didn't go off like I would've liked]
18) Lxandra        It's one of those where I could probably get into once I got the lyrics. It's like a mix between River Lea, Believer, and any commercial roots song
19) Troye Sivan        I cannot stand this stupid piece of shit. He can honestly or go back to irrelevance where he belongs
20) Naaz        again another fairly bland entry
21) Te Vaka        Well congrats on winning for standing out in a good way.
22) Klergy with Valerie Broussard        meh
23) Renaida        Queen Icon Legend
24) Rhys        another solid track. A lot of safe picks this week
2224 days 19 hours ago
adeleadele
FULL COMMENTS

1        Emma Blackery- Dirt- A cute song with awkward lyrics, but it fits the song lol! It's a good song and i wasent bored, but needed something to really make it memorable.
2        LP- No Witness- It sounds like a song that would win, that i did not particularly like (which happens maybe 80% of the time) I just was not interested, but i can see the quality in it, if it's a weak week it could snatch the low points
3        Au/Ra- Panic Room- They were trying to make the song dark, i think it worked in a sense, but a little less pop if u were going for that. But it's a solid song, i got a bit bored at the end, but still solid.
4        Greta Salome Ft Tiny- Wildfire- What cheap ass possibly icelandic movie is she singing a song for lol? Like it's a basic song, but my kind of basic, like i lowkey bopped to this, the rap was unneccasary though like bye. still cute
5        Paloma Faith- Til I'm Done- I lowkey thought sia was singing for a sec lol! But i actually really enjoyed this disco ish throwback, the chorus is really strong, and the verses are solid as well, great tune!
6        Tom Grennan- Sober- The vocals turned me off right from the start. And like when i was listening to it it just flew past me, i did not even notice their was a chorus that's how out of it i was with this song. BYE
7        Sunmi- Heroine- YAS K-POP! K listening to the song.......This build is everything btw and the drop delivered well! It sounds something that could hit the charts if it was sung by a american singer with english lyrics, just a really wonderful track, will add this to my playlist :)
8        Victoria Monet- Wish I Never Met You- It's a bit cheap tbh, it does not blend well together. It's not bad but something was REALLY missing, cuz as of now it sounds like a messy demo
9        Adda- Lupii- Idk what language this is but it's beautiful :) Song is not exactly their, but the vocals really lift it for me, it dragged a bit at the end too.
10        The Green Bottle Kiss- Til I'm Gone- Yeah it just comes too that it's not my kind of song what so ever. But tbh this one did not bother me like a lot of these kinds of songs did, so it's fine i guess, just not my thing
11        Dan Croll- Tokyo- Yeah song 10 and 11 are just not my thing, their not bad in any sense, it's just not my thing lol.
12        Esther Vallee- Numbers- LOL me at this video, the song is a solid bop, it's nothing that great, but wish it was a bit more basic like greta salome kind of basic.
13        Jade Bird- Lottery- It's a cute song, i think it could of been more powerful, but it was cute.
14        Arlissa & Jonas Blue- Hearts Ain't Gonna Lie- Nothing that special, but i enjoyed listening to it, the drop was cute too!
15        Kylie Minogue- Dancing- Well she's aging lol. I had high hopes but it wasent that great lol, the chorus is really good, but the rest fails to deliver.
16        MUNA- I Know A Place- Me at the way she says "weapon", beyond that it's a pretty nice bop, could of been a minute shorter though
17        Dash Berlin & DBSTF Ft Josie Nelson- Save Myself- Me at the girl playing guitar when their was no acoustic guitar playing k hun lol. This was a really nice calming song though, i really really liked it
18        Lxandra- Dig Deep- Was not really into this. The chorus is powerful, but i was still bored.
19        Troye Sivan- My My My!- Never liked him really, let's see how this one is..... ok what i expected lol, he sounds bored while singing, and the song is so basic! The chorus has weird sounds which are annoying as well. This is bad.
20        Naaz- Up To Something- Me at the way she says "Something". I enjoyed this one though, vocals are interesting, and the song just blends well for me which makes me really like it! Nice song :)
21        Te Vaka- Lakalaka- OMG BOP AND CATCHY AF !! Love the language so much, and love the tribal vibes im getting! Adding this to my playlist RIGHT AWAY
22        Klergy with Valerie Broussard- Start A War- Me at it being on the Riverdale soundtrack, i can vaguely remember this song tbh from the little part of the song they showed in a episode. But yeah this was amazing tbh, 2 masterpieces in a row lol! Love how much power it has and the vocals are amazing! Adding to playlist :)
23        Renaida- All The Feels- Going on a rant but is Melodifestivalen the only national selection people have listened too? Cuz their was A LOT of national selections that had better songs than melo songs. I will prob send 1 or 2 nf rejects down the line, but not from melo lol. That rant was useless cuz this was one of the stronger songs from the selection LOL, it's really a bop and the drop is really nice, really great tbh.
24        Rhys- Too Good to Be True- Was bored on the verses tbh, but when the chorus i was like yas bitch slay! Verses are sooo weak though it literally pulls down most of the song, shame
2224 days 18 hours ago
AdelesMom
01) Emma Blackery - 'Dirt' - Ya that was too sickly sweet for me.
02) LP - 'No Witness' -  I really like her voice but the song didn’t really do much for me
03) Au/Ra - 'Panic Room' - Again I like her voice but the song just didn’t drag me in.
04) Greta SalĂłme - 'Wildfire (ft. Tiny)' - This did not do much for me at all.  I don’t know if it’s my mood right now or what.  I hope to find better here today.
05) Paloma Faith - 'Til I'm Done' - I like others she has done better.
06) Tom Grennan - 'Sober' - I must admit when he started singing i immediately looked at how long the song was and how long I had to endure it.  His voice just sucks but the song is ok.
07) Sunmi - 'Heroine' - Well doesn’t she think she’s special.  I tend to disagree.
08) Victoria MonĂ©t - 'Wish I Never Met You' - Wow that was boring.  She did have a smooth voice though
09) Adda - 'Lupii' - This was ok If i wanted to listen to a lullaby.  Just ok.  Come on guys...give me something kiss ass!!!
10) The Green Bottle Kiss - 'Til I'm Gone' - As you all know this is my genre...but I thought it was rather weak.
11) Dan Croll - 'Tokyo' - I liked this one.  Different and interesting.  It did drag on however at one point.
12) Esther Vallee - 'Numbers' - Fuck.. creepy video,,,but I really liked her voice and the song so I just didn’t look at the video.
13) Jade Bird - 'Lottery' - Very very good.  Great voice, great song for being so simple.
14) Arlissa & Jonas Blue - 'Hearts Ain't Gonna Lie' - Really enjoyed this.  It had some generic musical elements I don’t particularly like but that was ok.  Catchy.
15) Kylie Minogue - 'Dancing' - ewwww
16) MUNA - 'I Know A Place' - I love different sounding voices but did not like hers at all.  I couldn’t get past that.
17) Dash Berlin & DBSTF - 'Save Myself (ft. Josie Nelson)' - Good enough voice but not good enough for me with this song.
18) Lxandra - 'Dig Deep' - There seems to be a lot of this type of genre this week.  I think this is a good one.  Very interesting and that’s what I like.
19) Troye Sivan - 'My My My!' - My, My, My
 YUCK
20) Naaz - 'Up To Something' - This was another good one.  Very easy to listen to but again..no wow factor.
21) Te Vaka - 'Lakalaka' - I just loved this.  Just what the contest needed...something very different.  Points from me for sure.
22) Klergy with Valerie Broussard - 'Start A War' - Another different one but I found it completely repetitive and that made it unenjoyable.
23) Renaida - 'All The Feels' - Oh god the chorus...just kills anything that may have been good about this.
24) Rhys - 'Too Good to Be True' - I like her voice and others songs of hers but this did nothing for me at all.
2224 days 17 hours ago
dragotistic
hungover af sorry for the not detailed comments x

1.        Emma Blackery – decent starter, not really my thing but still enjoyed it.
2.        LP – this is good, I kinda expect a little more from LP but it’s all good
3.        Au/ra – this wasn’t really my thing
4.        Greta Salome – wasn’t what I expected, enjoyed it.
5.        Paloma Faith – one of my favorite songs ive heard in the last two weeks. Nice
6.        Tom Grennan – he has a nice gritty voice but the song isn’t as strong has the vocal
7.        Sunmi – not for me but for another person
8.        Victoria Monet – this was boring
9.        ADDA – this was pretty nice, not my favorite thing but still enjoyable
10.        The Green Bottle Kiss – not my thing
11.        Dan Croll – Dan Croll is a pretty cool artist, and this song delivers
12.        Esther Vallee – not really into this
13.        Jade Bird – this was innocent and inoffensive so that’s good
14.        Arlissa & Jonas Blue – really liking this one
15.        Kylie Minogue – sounds like LP what, idk its alright
16.        MUNA – this was good, but it was a little of for me
17.        Dash Berlin & DBSTF – this was so 2016 I can feel it. Didn’t mind it though
18.        Lxandra – This was my next entry so im salty af it’s a good song
19.        Troye Sivan – Blue Neighborhood is a masterpiece but this was nowhere near as good as that album imo
20.        Naaz – not really my thing
21.        Te Vaka – the only thing I hated about this was the conductor HIS PATTERN WAS WEIRD sorry that’s just the music student in my shining through
22.        Klergy with Valerie Broussard – this was dope af cool song
23.        Renaida – this was alright
24.        Rhys – this was a nice closer, I love her voice
2224 days 17 hours ago
Insanity17
01) Emma Blackery- The beat is so good and this reminds me a bit of Lily Allen. The vocals are mostly monotone, but she showcases her range later in the song, so that was nice.
02) LP- I’m very intrigued by this. The instrumental is strong, the vocal is impactful. It held my attention.
03) Au/Ra- I was saving this for a potential Halloween contest. Her voice is haunting and sweet at the same time. It’s a solid entry.
04) Greta Salóme- This is some Disney/Pixar realness. Oh, a rap
.how interesting. It’s too lovey, peace to all, no worries for me.
05) Paloma Faith- This is very 70s Donna Summers-esque, which I appreciate. Paloma is the queen of reinvention. This hoe can do anything.
06) Tom Grennan- His scratchy tone is perfection. I like it, but it didn’t have a standout moment for me, where I went “okay, this is amazing.”
07) Sunmi- Her vocal isn’t serving it for me, sorry bout it. The beat is solid though.
08) Victoria Monét- It was very lackluster in energy, very subdued for my taste.
09) Adda- Pretty voice and I like those typical  Persian/Arabic sounds in her vocal. Other than that, the song didn’t stand out enough.
10) The Green Bottle Kiss- I know I have an extreme bias against this genre of music and I hate that I don’t give it a chance, but I don’t like this.
11) Dan Croll- This was very one note from beginning to end. It never took off. That instrumental break was completely unnecessary and just extended the amount of time that I had to spend listening to this song, which I am not happy about.
12) Esther Vallee- The chorus is really catchy, but there are some parts of the vocal that don’t sound very good (I think it’s the little bits of autotune that throw me off)
13) Jade Bird- This is a style we don’t see very often here and I like it. It sounds very authentic. I think there was a lot packed into a less than 3 minute song, which I appreciate. (This was in my potential entries playlist.)
14) Arlissa & Jonas Blue- Another song that I was ruminating about sending. I really like her tone and the beat is really good and makes me want to get up and dance.
15) Kylie Minogue- Her vocals in the verses are very clear and impactful, but she loses that in the chorus (it wasn’t pleasing for me), but the beat in the chorus was perfection. I wanna go dancing.
16) MUNA- I really like this song. I like her tone, the beat is good, and the lyrics are meaningful. 
17) Dash Berlin & DBSTF- This was very generic, but of course I enjoyed the beat.
18) Lxandra- Her tone caught my attention immediately. The altered vocal effects aren’t really necessary and bring the song down. Overall, a decent entry.
19) Troye Sivan- This is totally a sex song. I want to hate this because of how mainstream it is, but I can’t.
20) Naaz- Short and sweet. Her tone is beautiful and the enunciation is charming.
21) Te Vaka- Those vocals are grating. I dig the beat and it’s refreshing because I haven’t seen a Hawaiian entry before.
22) Klergy with Valerie Broussard- Really moving and powerful, but the dynamics weren’t there for me.
23) Renaida- This has a great vibe and had me moving every second.
24) Rhys- A great closer for a pretty solid contest. It has a nice beat and Rhys’s tone is so distinct, I haven’t heard anyone who sounds like her.

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!