This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 302 FInal

Topic » TSC 302 FInal

2198 days 12 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
Eeeeek, there were like 12 songs I DEFINITELY wanted to give points to.
2198 days 2 hours ago
Temeky
OMG RENAIDA
RHYS
EMMA BLACKERY
SUNMI

AJFLADKFJMKLCADFKADLÖF
2197 days 18 hours ago
krrais
01) Emma Blackery : Cute opener! It's not a fun song though, it's kind of like bitchy or something, but she did it in a cute way.. The song feels disjointed in parts but overall it's not bad.
02) LP : I never actively listen to her but everytime I do I'm always mesmerized by her talent and it's always a nice listen. This one dragged after a while but overall it's still a pretty good song.
03) Au/Ra : I love the chill vibe from this, when it's also dark, haunting, and very pretty.. don't really have any complaint about this tbh!
04) Greta Salóme : Pretty weak compared to her other songs, like there's nothing special about this.. o wait the rap isn't bad though, it kind of makes the song a lot more interesting.. still 50/50 about the entire song.
05) Paloma Faith : Not my favorite from the album but I mean it's Paloma.. the queen's never wrong. Ahmazing.
06) Tom Grennan : Heard this the other day, it's quite epic in parts but it never really held my attention, still pretty good though.
07) Sunmi : Holy wow I didn't expect this kind of sound when I saw it's a kpop song, I'm LIVING for that drop <3 great song.
08) Victoria Monét : I'm almost never able to get into songs with this tempo but it's pretty much working in this one, another good song.
09) Adda : It could probably be better if it's more upbeat but rn it doesn't do anything to me.
10) The Green Bottle Kiss : Great verses but very underwhelming chorus, overall it's not a bad song, the guitar and the beat are actually incredible.
11) Dan Croll : Oh I remember Dan Croll.. the nostalgia.. not sure how well its chance to compete against all the 'newer' sounds but I'm totally into this.. even though the song is almost 5 minutes long!!
12) Esther Vallee : Her voice sounds pretty in parts but it's another song with very underwhelming chorus although the verses aren't that good either.
13) Jade Bird : Oh cute.. oh cute.. that vibrato <3 that grit in her higher register <3 the song gives me a George Ezra + Hudson Taylor vibe with an incredibly pretty female vocal, big loooooove for this one <3
14) Arlissa & Jonas Blue : Superb voice, the music is typical pop/house/tropical song but her voice idk it just gives a totally different feel to the song, j'adore!
15) Kylie Minogue : Well there it is, definitely one of my favorite songs of the year so far, have replayed the hell out of this song and never felt bored.
16) MUNA : Oh wow this is MUNA? Never really cared about her/them but this is pretty great, it's ALMOST epic but that's kind of even better, LOVE <3
17) Dash Berlin & DBSTF : Sounds dated and what is she like a youtube accoustic singer? Surprisingly I'm liking this though, idk just good vibes.
18) Lxandra : Great voice and all but it seems like this dark-grande-ish sound is already old news, maybe just me though.. but yeah not really feeling this.
19) Troye Sivan : I hate how he becomes more and more mainstream by the years, but in all honesty I've never not liked one song from him so yeah still VERY into this.
20) Naaz : Not bad, just how she only sings with like half her energy makes this a lot less exciting.
21) Te Vaka : It's a bit too messy for me to thoroughly enjoy this but it's not like every other song so far (in a good way), so nice!
22) Klergy with Valerie Broussard : Thought it was going to be a super depressing song but it surely gets a lot more interesting once the drum kicks in, it could be more epic tbh but it's epic enough to be a good song.
23) Renaida : Eh it's just a super basic pop song with nothing original about it, it's ok.
24) Rhys : Definitely like last dance more but this is still very enjoyable, voting is going to be very difficult!
2197 days 13 hours ago
Eoin
01) Emma Blackery - Ohh this reminds me of Kate Nash, I mean it's cool, I'm not in love but yeah toot.

02) LP - I kinda thought this was a little bit all over the place, I like some aspects of this but then other parts just are ugh, booting this.

03) Au/Ra - This was cool, I like her voice, but I'm kinda sick of that type of voice, like the slightly alternative one that young girls do on the voice, it was very that, I will give her a toot though.

04) Greta Salóme - I really enjoyed this up until the chorus and then it fell apart a little bit but I love Greta and this is still a decent song so I'll toot it.

05) Paloma Faith - I really dislike Paloma as a person and found her so annoying on The Voice so I find it hard to look past that, but I found the whole thing annoying anyway so it's ok, boot.

06) Tom Grennan - Oh I loved this voice, a nice change in tempo, a good song, not amazing but the voice was great so that goes a long way, toot.

07) Sunmi - Not a major fan of this genre, I find the songs always to be dated and this song is no different, it's nice but just ordinary, boot.

08) Victoria Monét - This song never went anywhere like it was a flatline for me, so it has to be a boot.

09) Adda - I liked the ethnic aspect of this song so it gets props for that but that's all I really can give it props for, it's nothing special really, boot.

10) The Green Bottle Kiss - I liked this, it stands out, good vocals, not exactly my favourite genre in the world but i can appreciate this, it's a toot.

11) Dan Croll - I found this very dated or something, i just found it whelming, the vocals were nothing special and nothing about the song made me want to bop or made me feel any particular way, so it's a boot.

12) Esther Vallee - This was really fucking weird but in an even weirder way i was kinda living for it, it had decent vocals and the song was good too, I'll toot it.

13) Jade Bird - This was very cute, I really like it,  a lot of emotion and just a back to basics song that stands out when everyone else is so out there, toot.

14) Arlissa & Jonas Blue - Love me some Jonas Blue, I also am loving some of this Arlissa lady because she killed the song, I really enjoyed this and it's a song that I can bop to, it's a toot!

15) Kylie Minogue - I mean it's Kylie, it's not my favourite song of hers but it's a solid pop song with mother Kylie that's catchy, what is there not to like? Toot!

16) MUNA - I wanted to like her voice but I found it kinda terrible at times, maybe I'm tone deaf but I feel like there's a thin line when you sing in that style and I think she passed it where she sounded bad at times, so I'm booting this.

17) Dash Berlin & DBSTF - I liked this a lot and enjoyed it quite a bit but I just feel like it's the same style as the Jonas Blue song and I liked it more, however, her vocals were better than Arlissa, regardless of my pondering, its a strong toot.

18) Lxandra - There's a lot of singers like this in the competition but this was my favourite from those groups of singers, nice song, it's a toot.

19) Troye Sivan - Fresh, modern, pretty nice sound, solid toot.

20) Naaz - I loved this, very unexpected and catchy, strong verses with a slightly weak chorus but still I really enjoyed it.

21) Te Vaka - Nope, this was so terrible and annoying to listen to, I hated it, boot.

22) Klergy with Valerie Broussard - I saw Riverdale and was ready to shit on it, but this was pleasant, I mean it's not outstanding but it's a nice listen.

23) Renaida - I really liked it but yeah it's a very MF song, not a bad thing, because i did like it and the vocals were cool, so it's a toot.

24) Rhys - It's very bleh, like i just feel whelmed after it, just eh, boot.
2197 days 11 hours ago
PrincessTeePee
Emma Blackery ~ This isn't really my style if I'm honest, she's clearly aiming for a trashier vibe [which has its audience!] I get the appeal, in a 2018-Kate-Nash way, but its a miss for me overall.
LP ~ It was alreet, her voice in this was more bearable than expected. I don't think I've ever been sold on a song of hers though for whatever reason, and this one feels a little flat. But its not bad.
Au/Ra ~ Oh this is...dark, yay! Tbh thugh, the chorus is what makes this song I'd forget its entire existence within seconds without them. More could have been done with this overall, but a good send all the same.
Greta Salome ~ This was lacklustre... And then rapping. Sorry, not liking this.
Paloma Faith ~ Heard this earlier today. Even with the slightly dated disco-esque production, its still pretty solid. She suits a production.
Tom Grennan ~ YESSSSS GIVE ME SOME OF THIS! Loved his last entry too. His vocal seems jarring in this but what the hell, I'll forgive. Great song, love it!
Sunmi ~ Oh my this is kinda sultry?  LMAO, why was I reminded of Fight For This Love? An unexpexted chorus for sure...the song doesn't particularly set me alight but it was quite good.
Victoria Monet ~ I got bored of this pretty quick. Didn't pick up for me at all.
Adda ~ A sweet song for what it is, but quite simply not what I'd listen to again, sorry. Good on whoever though for sending something different.
The Green Bottle Kiss ~ Better than some so far, but still a bit flat for me, mad how many indie/rock artists miss golden opportunities to give their songs that bit more punch.
Dan Croll ~ When I entered 'Home', t positively tanked, but it still remains on of my favourite songs for the story. I'm fairly familiar with this too, love his voice and I'm detecting synth in the chorus. Didn't love it but I'm nodding my head all the same.
Esther Vallee ~ Quite interesting vocals, and I enjoyed the progression of this one. THIS SAID, there are flaws, mainly the autotune and the invention of new words 'darkneyss'? Woyrrrds'? I'm torn with this as it did intrigue me.
Jade Bird ~ Oh lord...its singer-songwriter chic with an added jarring chorus. I do see it as kind of a grower, but at this moment, I'm not a huge fan.
Arlissa & Jonas Blue ~ Oh thats a pairing! Was so obsessed with Sticks and Stones a few years back. The first song in ages I feel like I could get enthusiastic about. Epic vocal. Liking this, probably a contender.
Kylie Minogue ~ Dear god, why is she still writing songs about dancing in clubs at near 50? Its catchy, but going by the content so far, I feel like I'll be forced to give this points against my will. The drop is good.
MUNA ~ Going out dancing is a theme? Ok lets do it! Hella preferred this song to the last, after initially being unsire of the verse vocals. Chorus is great, not much more to say.
Dash Berlin & DBSTF ~ Finally feels like we're moving. This was inspiring in song and video, and proof that a good production behind you will work wonders for your song. Not entirely original, but I enjoyed it a lot all the same.
Lxandra ~ Oh my this dark one went IN! Quite fabulous, love a shock chorus. Really like.
Troye Sivan ~ Another shock, great chorus, keep them coming! Very anthemic this one, feeling it! Wasn't AS keen on his African week song, but definitely liking this.
Naaz ~ 'Up to suh-in'? Omg whats with these lazyvocals, help! Other than that this was cute and bouncy overall, quite decent.
Te Vaka ~ I was LOVINGGG the intro and couldn't wait for the rest...and...then her voice came in. What I'm guessing is the chorus was o, but overall this was feckin weird.
Klergy with Valerie Broussard ~ Fantastic progression & production in this, turning what could have been a dreary borefest into an epic masterpiece. The repetition I'll forgive. I love this.
Renaida ~ Reminded me of a sassier Ella Eyre, this song. The drop is a banger, this was well cool!
Rhys ~ So Rhys is a girl Why have I struggled to work such out? Hmm yeah I prefer the last entry, as this didn't seem to do a lot for me. But still a good song, I like her voice.
2197 days 11 hours ago
ricktworick1
Sunmis song has been accused of plagiarizing Fight For This Love by Cheryl so no wonder the comparison
2196 days 20 hours ago
DallasAndrew
01) Emma Blackery - 'Dirt' The chill and the lack of personality in this song is making me think that it will fight to win the contest. Nothing to hate, nothing to love. I just like her accent.
02) LP - 'No Witness' Was this one the controversial video? I hope not, I was expecting something more when Catch said that. It's a good song, I'm finding some country elements in it, which is lovely. Not a great contender usually, but I'm pretty sure it will get points from me.
03) Au/Ra - 'Panic Room' So people are saying this is overrated. It's a so usual rythm, it has good lyrics and the interpreter has a nice voice, but musically is a total let down, especially with a weak chorus after a promising introduction.
04) Greta Salóme - 'Wildfire (ft. Tiny)' Expected more when I've heard the intro, another ruinning chorus. It is not normally bad, but what is with that adittional voices on the chorus, they are horrible. Then the rap starts, which for many will ruin the song, for me is saving it, even though he wasn't one of the best in terms of voices chosen.
05) Paloma Faith - 'Til I'm Done' With that voice you don't need to be commercial, you should start singing something totally different. Musically this is a big nothing. something dated and usual as hell.
06) Tom Grennan - 'Sober' His voice is instantly getting attention. Of course it is an all or nothing one, many will most probably not like it, I find it interesting. It's a strange song, but it sounds good, it has a catchy rythm, it builds up nicely, it has power. The orchestral elements in the instrumental are fitting so well and are giving a sign of originality. Too bad it will be not appreciated by many here, it is a great piece of music.
07) Sunmi - 'Heroine' Well, I have the most strange feeling now as I was just preparing to say that this will surely not get points from me, before listening to it. But I like it, it's not cheap at all, the rythm is catchy, her voice is pleasant, I kind of dislike the sounds in the chorus, however they're not exxagerated. I always appreciate a song from a genre I usually don't like, that is giving me a good impression.
08) Victoria Monét - 'Wish I Never Met You' It's an interesting approach, I didn't dislike anything in it, but it still didn't impress me with anything.
09) Adda - 'Lupii' It sounds like a really old song combined with a modern instrumental. The ethnic elements are giving it a unique sound. It's quite good.
10) The Green Bottle Kiss - 'Til I'm Gone' It's really appreciating to see people remaining faithful to their preferred styles, cause who sent it knows it won'd do great. But the contest without a rock song would be so empty. However I'm still waiting for a more powerful and impressive rock entry, cause I didn't see one in the last recent contests.
11) Dan Croll - 'Tokyo' If this wins, please give it a ticket to Tokyo as a prize. It is quite pleasant, but also bland, monotonous, no change in the rythm. The dated style doesn't bother me at all, but it is hard to listen 5 minutes to the same sound and leave with a positive feeling.
12) Esther Vallee - 'Numbers' And still song number 2 had a more controversial video in my opinion. Let's review it: a frustrated girl escaped from the asylum killing obsessive virgins and a woman with Alzheimer. Yeah, interesting plot. The song was not bad, still too quiet to stand out.
13) Jade Bird - 'Lottery' There are some really good things in her voice. Maybe she's screaming too hard, otherwise, it's a simple pop-country song that I've quite enjoyed. This sounds more complex than lots of songs with so many instruments fighting hard to gain something unique but finishing as banal tunes.
14) Arlissa & Jonas Blue - 'Hearts Ain't Gonna Lie' Just what I've said, this is trying so hard but sounds like another 1000 songs. And the chorus is weak. Not convincing at all.
15) Kylie Minogue - 'Dancing' It's really nice when you see some legends here, even though it isn't the purpose of the contest. Still, it could be seen not just as discovering artists, but also as redescovering some. It's certainly not one of the best from her, still I've enjoyed it, I like the country-vibes (3rd song with some!!!). What I want to point is that she's looking old there. Well, maybe it was finally the time.
16) MUNA - 'I Know A Place' Yeah, this sounded from Kylie's era. Which was a good one, however this song sounded all the same the entire 4 minutes and a half, weak, banal, boring.
17) Dash Berlin & DBSTF - 'Save Myself (ft. Josie Nelson)' And it's going from bad to worse. Will anybody remember this song 3 entries later?
18) Lxandra - 'Dig Deep' It tries to sound unique, it's not bad, but it lacks something. It doesn't sound powerful enough.
19) Troye Sivan - 'My My My!' Too many disco tracks for me. It's not bad, but doesn't give any special feeling, it is an usual dance song and nothing more.
20) Naaz - 'Up To Something' She was maybe to busy to say that is up to something than actually coming up with something.
21) Te Vaka - 'Lakalaka' It is absolutely obvious what of an impact could such a song give after a series of entries that sounded absolutely the same. Very catchy, not a fan of her voice entirely, I have no idea what she's saying (if she's saying something) but it's very catchy. I like the idea with the conductor, it succeded to surprise me.
22) Klergy with Valerie Broussard - 'Start A War' Maybe the most qualitative entry of the evening. Powerful and with a very good buildup. And the lyrics fit in well with the music.
23) Renaida - 'All The Feels' Very entertaining voice. The rest is just not for me. I like the drums, but the chorus is going a way I totally dilike.
24) Rhys - 'Too Good to Be True' Nothing to steal my attention. It was there to complete the list, at least form my perspective.
2196 days 9 hours ago
Insanity
1. Emma Blackery - Work that Kate Nash vocal inflection. She really did say “tea” and “shade” like she’s one of us. Y’know… from the screencap I was expecting something really twee, but I’m pleasantly surprised with this entry. Very good start.
2. LP - LP is SOOOOOO hit or miss for me. Not these queer ass backup dancers. I feel like this is an entry that will place well… But it won’t be because of me. I do like elements of this, but as a whole package it’s just not for me.
3. Au/Ra - I do feel slightly bad after I said I thought this was overrated. Slightly, though. It’s actually pretty decent, but I just don’t think it would be something I could listen to all the time. I like dark entries, but it’s almost too eerie for my tastes.
4. Greta Salóme - I always get nervous about movie soundtrack songs, but this is actually pretty pleasant. Oh… the rapper after the second chorus ruined it for me. And when rappers have to tame themselves down because the song is aimed for children, that’s way worse. God that really ruined it for me gross I’m sorry Greta, but you ain’t shit now.
5. Paloma Faith - Oh my God, the disco vibe in the beginning, the intriguing vocal, the buildup. Bitch… I am HERE. FOR. THIS.
6. Tom Grennan - EWWWWW THAT VOCAL IS AWFUL, DISGUSTING, TRAGIC, HIDEOUS. I CANT WITH THIS. NEXT!
7. Sunmi - Hi Rodrigue. Didn’t think you’d be submitting kpop right away, but whatever floats your boat. I’ve heard this song like 50 times already, and I’m kinda not as into it as I was when I first heard it, but it’s still doing it for me.
8. Victoria Monét - I’m like… semi-feeling this. I like the vibe A LOT, but I wish it was punchier. That being said, it’s cute.
9. Adda - A ballad… In a foreign language… Hehe, good luck with that sweetie (: Also WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT SHIT THAT CAME OUT OF NOWHERE LIKE THREE MINUTES IN? Yeah… not for me.
10. The Green Bottle Kiss - The first obligatory “Hi Bibbles!” comment of the year (I thought she was Stone Temple Pilots last contest too but I didn’t think she’d submit someone that established!) And unfortunately it’s the first “I’m glad you like this song Bibbles, but it’s not for me” comment. :(
11. Dan Croll - Oh, Dan Croll… The guy that never does well in TSC, yet always somehow finds himself submitted. I fell for the Dan Croll trap too, I submitted what I thought was his best song, only to be harshly given 17th or 18th. I feel like this won’t do much better than 17th or 18th in this contest either, especially with a 5 minute long song… And that long ass instrumental after the second chorus. Yeah, that absolutely wasn’t necessary.
12. Esther Vallee - I don’t like how autotuned her voice sounds. I actually don’t mind the actual tune, but ugh I just wish she would not be as robotic sounding as she is, because the song could be really nice otherwise.
13. Jade Bird - I just looked at the screencap and I already hate this. Spoiler Alert: My opinion didn’t change much after I actually listened to the song too.
14. Arlissa & Jonas Blue - I am expecting this collab to SLAP. I’ve won with an Arlissa feature before, and I usually vibe with Jonas Blue. Okay… it’s not slapping as much as I’d like it to, but it’s still very good! Also I live for that thotty ass white lace top she has on.
15. Kylie Minogue - I mean… This feels really different for Kylie. Like it feels country inspired kinda? I hate to say this but this kind of… Left no impact on me… Like at all? C’mon, Kylie. You can do better.
16. MUNA - I mean… I liked the vibe about this, but it just felt like it dragged on and on. It’s not bad, but like… won’t be my fav.
17. Dash Berlin & DBSTF - Not this female empowerment anthem. Do I need to break out the 50 motivational quotes screenshot? Like we get it, you have a vagina. How has that stopped you from riding a bike or jet ski or whatever else? It’s kinda too tame for my likes. Like we have only seven songs left and by the time I finish the contest I’ll already forget what this sounds like.
18. Lxandra - Okay that chorus hit and I kind of shit myself almost. Okay, that’s a little dramatic, but damn it just came out of nowhere. I enjoyed this.
19. Troye Sivan - Listen, y’all. I did not want to like this. I really did not want to like any bit of this so badly… But issa bop. I’m sorry. Don’t worry though, Tolis will rank this dead last on his list to make up for me liking this.
20. Naaz - I considered submitting this at some point, but I didn’t think it was punchy enough. Like it’s a cute little number… But even still listening to this again, it’s still really underwhelming.
21. Te Vaka - “Very ethnic sounding (:” Honestly I don’t know what to say about this entry, it’s colorful enough to speak on its own.
22. Klergy with Valerie Broussard - NOT RIVERDALE SOUNDTRACK! I was expecting this to get somewhere, but it never really left the station. It just felt very one note the whole time, and the note it was on is kinda hit or miss for me.
23. Renaida - Tropical house music is BACK. Gonna be honest, I’m not BLOWN AWAY or anything, but it’s still pretty pleasant.
24. Rhys - It builds rather nicely. Not as good as Last Dance, but still a very decent closer!
2196 days ago
ricktworick1
1. Emma Blackery - Came across this when I was looking for songs, and my opinion has not changed - it's ok, but nothing remarkable I'm afraid.
2. LP - Probably slightly below her usual quality of music, but her stuff has always been pretty great, so I'd say this is kind of an unfair comparison. Good entry.
3. Au/Ra - Well, I came across this song as well, and it is just trying to be a little too edgy when it doesn't need to be. It's alright, I guess.
4. Greta Salóme - Whoever produced this got the timing of the beats completely wrong, you can hear the drum being hit slightly too early to match the vocals. I have no idea whether that was on purpose or not - it still sounds wrong, though. The only good thing about that is that the song is completely unremarkable, and it will probably wouldn't have made much impact on the contest anyway.
5. Paloma Faith - Another one I came across, but this one was actually on my waiting list. A very solid disco-pop song.
6. Tom Grennan - Oh, this great buildup makes getting used to his vocal tone much easier. I am scared to say that this is a contender since male singers with such voices usually don't perform well, but I can see a lot of people liking this song.
7. Sunmi - There is a great article regarding the plagiarism issue of this song, as it sounds extremely similar to "Fight For This Love" by Cheryl. Most important fragments here:

"The similarities are as follows:

Same chord progression – | Am G D – | G D Em – |
Strong textural similarity with the vocals going into the higher register for the chorus in a similar way
The melody follows the same general contour for the chorus
Similarities in the backing track synth bass which plays 16th notes in both cases
Same tempo – 123 BPM.

Out of all the plagiarism cases that people have asked me to write about, this one is actually the most borderline.  It’s not a clear-cut case of legally-actionable plagiarism, but Teddy has nevertheless very blatantly copied the original song, plus has been very, very careful to insert just enough difference in the melody and rhythms to get over the line should he have to slug it out in a courtroom."

8. Victoria Monét - "Wish I Never Met You" well if you continue making music like this I can say the same thing about you.
9. Adda - Nice ethnic elements, but the songwriting is just not there.
10. The Green Bottle Kiss - Not my cup of tea at all, not even close.
11. Dan Croll - We are not in 2011-2012 TSC era anymore, and even back then this wouldn't have done well anyway.
12. Esther Vallee - Not exactly horrible, but I can't say this was a pleasant listen either.
13. Jade Bird - ...at least it's short!
14. Arlissa & Jonas Blue - Another one from my waiting list. She has a great voice that carries the Jonas Blue production well. This is good.
15. Kylie Minogue - Easily her ber song in awhile, probably since "Get Outta My Way." This is the kind of music she should be doing.
16. MUNA - This is alright, a bit too long, but definitely captured my interest.
17. Dash Berlin & DBSTF - This is some generic bullshit, but very well-written generic bullshit. Kind of ashamed to say I kind of like this.
18. Lxandra - Verses are kind of boring, but damn that chorus is good. This is nice.
19. Troye Sivan - Easily his best song, this kind of subtle synth-pop he was always doing, but it's the first time it's executed so well.
20. Naaz - This will get completely eaten up in a contest as strong as this one. A bit too safe for its own good.
21. Te Vaka - This is...an experience. Not a very good one. Just because it's different doesn't mean it's high quality.
22. Klergy with Valerie Broussard - Intriguing, takes a bit to actually get to the high point, but it's definitely a decent entry.
23. Renaida - Probably my favourite song from this year's MF. Will surely do well on my list, not too sure about the rest of the voters, though.
24. Rhys - We are closing with another song that was on my waiting list? Not as good as "Last Dance" but still pretty damn solid.
2195 days 20 hours ago
TheGoodMan
01) Emma Blackery - BOP! I like the cheeky lyrics and its summery vibe!
02) LP - I found this difficult to follow. Imagine if you will, Dorothy with someone singing with a cork in their mouth.
03) Au/Ra - Dark, witchy, and actually fitting this archetype well!
04) Greta Salóme - I was on the fence with this one until the rap, then it went... a way.
05) Paloma Faith - So I didn’t know Paloma went a Disco way?!! Honestly YES! I loved Fall To Grace but this sounds great too!
06) Tom Grennan - Some dime a dozen stuff here
07) Sunmi - This chorus was a ~choice~
08) Victoria Monét - There was a real sex appeal about this. I really got into it!
09) Adda - This was rather disjointed and her voice seems suited to other styles of music than this particular type.
10) The Green Bottle Kiss - So I like bass heavy and drum heavy stuff like Royal Blood but this seemed lite
11) Dan Croll - I saw him live once and now I live in Tokyo!!! Love this synthy and nice fun song.
12) Esther Vallee - This was lowkey kinda cute but I did cringe at some lines and there were points where I was kinda bored
13) Jade Bird - This was cute!!! I can go with a twee indie folky singer songwriter, this is going the right way!
14) Arlissa & Jonas Blue- I liked this a lot more than I expected honestly! Fun!
15) Kylie Minogue - I LOVE THIS SONG ALREADY
16) MUNA - This is also kinda cute. I don’t like the lay down your weapon line but I liked quite a few of the other lyrics!
17) Dash Berlin & DBSTF - this built kinda nicely but the end product was really limp and did not capitalise on the build at all
18) Lxandra - So this kinda had the opposite issue as the other one and that it has a rousing chorus but actually the verses seem really disjointed from it. It’s aight tho
19) Troye Sivan - is it weird of me to compare this to BenYaMeen Ingrosso and Dance Me Off? It’s got the same effect on me
20) Naaz - This was snoozy. I didn’t care for it.
21) Te Vaka - arethafranklinhmmm.gif
22) Klergy with Valerie Broussard - This had a cool cinematic vibe to it. I liked the drumming and the vocal harmonies. A good solid entry
23) Renaida - BANGER 420!! HELP MY MIC ISNT WORKING REALNESS
24) Rhys - i love that other Last Dance song by her, this is not that. It’s alright, cute but I’m not immediately caught by it.
2195 days 19 hours ago
bibbles
01) Emma Blackery – had to play the begin again, as I thought there was a problem with youtube, don’t like the mockney/talking style of singing!
02) LP – another strange start, its okay, her voice is a bit shrill in places.
03) Au/Ra – theres that deep modified mail sound voice that everyone is using these day. Lots of annoying off beat noises that make it annoying to listen to, its not doing it for me!
04) Greta Salóme – its okay, a bit even keel, not going anywhere. Blimey how to spoil a mediocre song!! Rapping!!
05) Paloma Faith – not a paloma fan, its okay, like the guitar, a bit northern sole, that’s about it!!
06) Tom Grennan – hes very gravelly, the tune is a bit standard, but there are parts that I like!!
07) Sunmi – this was very samey, didn’t do anything for me.
08) Victoria Monét – this is really not my thing, was glad when it finished.
09) Adda – not my thing, but had a certain haunting quality. And she just sang it, no theatrics!!
10) The Green Bottle Kiss – at last some therapy for my ears!! I like it!!
11) Dan Croll – I like this, it really grew on me, I like his voice, its not forced.
12) Esther Vallee – thanks for the alternative link star, luckily I don’t watch the videos but i used that link anyway. Not a fan of the way shes singing, its dragging a bit, not doing it for me!!
13) Jade Bird – a bit twee, and a bit strained in places, its okay. And its short!!
14) Arlissa & Jonas Blue – not a fan of her voice. Shouldn’t there be chipmunks in here somewhere?!
15) Kylie Minogue – well its kylie!! Is she channelling dolly parton!! (49 is not old!!!)
16) MUNA – bit of an 80s vibe, slight eurythmics in the background!! Its quite catchy, Its okay.
17) Dash Berlin & DBSTF – it’s a bit cold play in places, its okay, it bobs along!
18) Lxandra – feel like ive heard this voice a lot, today, in the last hour!! Its alright!
19) Troye Sivan – theres that deep voice again!! Its very repetitive and a bit coffee lounge!!
20) Naaz – not a fan, its really repetitive!! 
21) Te Vaka – its not for me!!!!
22) Klergy with Valerie Broussard – why have I heard this before? Apparently its from a tv series ive never heard of. Its got lots of elements from other songs, but its okay, for a tv theme tune!
23) Renaida – back to that same sound. Lots of tapping noises that are very distracting. And theres that instrument/disco type sound/beat.
24) Rhys – its okay, that guitar is a bit annoying, and it’s a bit repetitive!!

off to listen to foo fighters, kasabian, etc!!!!!!
2195 days 18 hours ago
bibbles
i love all the comments my song gets. i look forward every week to fritz, insanity, rick and especially tolis. and star, and tp!! everyone actually.
2195 days 17 hours ago
PrincessTeePee
I like your comments on mine too 😁
You have me a 12 last week ❤️
2195 days 17 hours ago
Yoshitomi
Emma Blackery - Dirt
This came up on my recommended on Youtube and I didn't watch it. Now I'm being forced to and it's not so bad. Also now I want some tea. 😂

LP - No Witness
The song is badass but the video is a mess. 😖

Au/Ra - Panic Room
It's pretty rare when someone takes a song I'm thinking about entering. I was thinking about this one. 😂 Found it after I picked mine and figured I'd try it next week. Ah well, now I can give it points. *twirls*

Greta Salóme - Wildfire
This must be from a film. And the film looks like a copy of the film Rio. And she's cloned in the video. Also Tiny talks about cats.

Paloma Faith - Til I'm Done
I'm not the biggest Paloma Faith fan in terms of her music but her personality is amazing. This on the other hand is pretty swell. Getting this on my iPod for sure!

Tom Grennan - Sober
This sounds familiar somehow. Woah though! I'm on this ride. The lyrics are dumb but his vocal makes it work. It's playful. 😁

Sunmi - Heroine
Was expecting a ride about drugs, neglected the other meaning of heroine. 😇 People are saying this is plagiarising Fight For This Love, I say nay. This is improving Fight For This Love. Come at me!

And now I'm taking a break. 🙈
2195 days 16 hours ago
adeleadele
OMG Rip Lys Assia 😭 im so upset rn.

She was in tsc 285

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!