This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 297 Final

Topic » TSC 297 Final

2418 days ago
ricktworick1
22) Hedley - 'All Night'
2418 days ago
ricktworick1
All 22 songs have been posted!

Make sure you listen to all of the songs, post your comments and then send your votes to me. Please give 12 10 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 to your favourite ten songs. If you don't know how to vote, please PM me.

The live results show will be on Sunday, 8 PM GMT/3 PM EST.

Good luck!
2418 days ago
Insanity
22. Hedley- Not as good as girls generation
2418 days ago
DallasAndrew
21) LaBritney - 'How We Do' This didn't get my attention at all, very weak entry.
2418 days ago
DallasAndrew
22) Hedley - 'All Night' Yeah, I know, a bop, a future hit. Too bad it is so banal.
2418 days ago
DallasAndrew
01) Plan B - 'Heartbeat' It started with a fabulosu voice, that got my attention totally. The instrumental is really enjoyable, the song is well-composed. Subjectively, it is not my favourite, it is not on my style, but I will admit it's quite good.
02) Cam - 'Diane' This is fabulous, I really like the country vibes. It is rythmatic, her singing is quite unique, so much energy in it.
03) Mona Haydar - 'Hijabi (Wrap My Hijab)' I didn't understand if it is hironical or some kind of protest. Musically, of course it is annoying and with no quality in it.
04) Gabrielle Aplin - 'Miss You' She has a warm voice, but the music is so bland and boring.
05) Blessed - 'Pride' Exactly the same as for the previous song. I didn't realize too much of a difference between this 2 songs.
06) Evanescence - 'Imperfection' A song I was tempted to submit. One of their recent work, not their best, for sure, but still good. Totally different from what I know from their past music.
07) Natasha Blume - 'Ghost' She's starting o be an often appearance in the contest, which I find very good, cause she is really putting something different and qualitative in it. And of course, vocally she is something. However, this song was a let down for myself,it's weak. Quite pleasant, but it lacks any form of strength. It doesn't want to be, but it is too calm.
08) Jorja Smith x Preditah - 'On My Mind' Someone should have told her that the disc is broken. Cheap, very cheap and simple.
09) Fire Knives - 'Savages' The instrumental is very rich, I like it. The chorus doesn't match it, my opinion, it is a different genre, the combination between hat sugary sound and the aggressive one don't fit each other here. In my opinion the tonality for the chorus was chosen totally wrong, otherwise I would really like the song.
10) Stormzy - 'Blinded By Your Grace (feat. MNEK)' Let's admit that this was very pleasant. I've liked a lot of compnents of it, the voice of the guy in the beginning, even the rap part, that guitar... it was good.
11) Maya Diab - 'Gatifin' The rythm is catchy. Not too much quality in it and way too long. But I would hapilly listen it at a party.
12) Jacob Banks, Timbaland - 'Unknown (To You) [Timbaland Remix]' Oh, here are some All-Stars. What a voice! Very good interpretation, the song grows beautifully. It's a top one for me.
13) Anjulie - 'Criminal' The rythm is pretty nice, her accent is also attractive. But the work is very simple, not too much complexity there.
14) Brandon Heath - 'Got The Love' Typical song. Justin Timberlake vibes, the style doesn't impress me at all, I find it simply boring. I don't get what it is with that video, it's pathetic.
15) Allie X - 'Paper Love' Another frequent appeareance. Not to much of a song, she has much better.
16) Greta Van Fleet - 'Highway Tune' It reminded me of AC/DC a lot, I think it is enough to say that I've liked it. Old style, still awesome.
17) Saint Motel - 'Move' I think it lacks something. I agree the style, but still I didn't enjoy it for some reason.
18) Ayosha - 'Burning Bridges (feat. Tihamer)' It was an entry in ESCT Second Chances, it was really appreciated, I can't understand what it is so fascinating in it. It has no substance, it's ok, I don't hate it, but I can't say I would feel its absence if it hadn't been here.
19) Angus & Julia Stone - 'Chateau' The rythm is quite nice, but the song is too weak and doesn't go anywhere. And at this point, it looses a lot.
20) Goodbye To Gravity - 'Back To Life' A sad story and the lyrics of this song are like they were written after the accident. I see that they aren't. A pleasant enough song I'd say, I hope that the vocalist will come back up on scene.
21) LaBritney - 'How We Do' This didn't get my attention at all, very weak entry.
22) Hedley - 'All Night' Yeah, I know, a bop, a future hit. Too bad it is so banal.
2417 days 22 hours ago
Insanity17
01) Plan B- I was waiting for a bass drop or something the whole time because it seemed like there was a buildup for it, but it never happened. The vocals were at one level the whole time, so I didn’t appreciate the dynamics. There were some cool instrumental sounds going on, but overall, it was lackluster for me.
02) Cam- Overproduced in the beginning. I think Cam has a beautiful country voice, but the backing vocals just killed the vibe of this.
03) Mona Haydar- I’m not an avid rap listener, but even I could tell this is a basic rap. My favorite part was when she tried to list as many nationalities as she could to fill in the time. It’s catchy, but it doesn’t do anything for me.
04) Gabrielle Aplin- I remember hearing this for the first time and thinking it was Selena Gomez and I still think she’s Selena Gomez. Definitely the best song so far, really nice tone, but it wasn’t a powerhouse. It was too mellow.
05) Blessed- I liked this entry. You could just tell that these two are some fierce girls. It had a chill vibe and the instrumentals are funky.
06) Evanescence- This didn’t do anything for me, it felt more like background noise than an actual song. Killer vocals, but there’s nothing special about this. I also don’t enjoy the vibe of this very much.
07) Natasha Blume- This peaked my interest at the start, but the fascination quickly faded. It sounded very one note by the end.
08) Jorja Smith x Preditah- I liked the ASMR at the beginning. I like her tone. I like the parts where it sounds almost as if the record would skip, that’s one of my favorite sound effects. It’s a decent entry, it just didn’t fully grab my attention.
09) Fire Knives- For a song that seemed to be filled with energy, it didn’t engage me. It’s in the same boat as the Evanescence song, more background noise than repeat worthy.
10) Stormzy- I thoroughly enjoyed this. I closed my eyes and just enjoyed the song. It was smooth, powerful, great harmonies. That clusterfunk of sounds at the end was so good!
11) Maya Diab- THIS. IS. EVERYTHING. I. HAVE. EVER. WANTED. FROM. A. SONG. I couldn’t stop smiling while listening to this.
12) Jacob Banks, Timbaland- Nice grit and rasp in his voice. It didn’t peak at a particular point, which is a let down for me.
13) Anjulie- I would say this was a quirky song, but it’s too cool to be called quirky. I guess eccentric would be better. It has a nice beat that makes me want to get up and move.
14) Brandon Heath- This has a good dance beat, definitely could see myself blasting this on a nice summer day.
15) Allie X- I’ve heard this song too many times. It has a great vibe, but it’s almost too mellow for me to enjoy it at this point.
16) Greta Van Fleet- This is most definitely not in my wheelhouse. His voice is quirky, but in an annoying way. Nothing about the instrumental sounded unique or special, it’s something I’ve heard a million times before.
17) Saint Motel- It got to the point where it felt repetitive. It has catchy bits, overall I’m not impressed.
18) Ayosha- This sounded too overproduced for me to actually enjoy it.
19) Angus & Julia Stone- This would have been great had it been a shorter song because it just got repetitive and dragged near the end. I like their style of music and this is definitely something I would listen to again.
20) Goodbye To Gravity- The lyrics are beautiful, but the song is just too depressing for me on a Wednesday night.
21) LaBritney- This is super generic, but I was still bopping to it.
22) Hedley- Good ending to the contest. I couldn’t sit still while listening to this.
2417 days 17 hours ago
onemanarmy
Good Luck To All

The 1st Quarter:

1. Plan B - Heartbeat - The voice although strong is boring and I lost interest pretty much immediately, production and arrangement really did nothing for me either.

2. Cam - Diane - Another strong voice but it's a country voice and I don't do country, sounds like 100 other female country singers to me and the song itself sounds old country not even trying to be hip or fresh for the current decade. Occasionally a country song will stick out to me thus when visiting mom country is what all radios are set too but they are few and far between and this just isn't one of them.

3. Mona Haydar - Hijabi - lol I came across a song Dog by her and although I give her credit for having an original sound, she's just not a good enough rapper to make it work. What could potentially come off as hip and fresh only comes off as cheesy and lame simply cause she doesn't have the IT factor to pull it off.

4. Gabrielle Alpin - Miss You - It's something I will stick on my playlist. On first go it sounds bland but her voice is interesting and once you know the lyrics it becomes catchy and more cohesive which is typical of a lot of stuff on my playlist, sadly most the stuff on my playlist flops here cause people only give them 1 go.

5. Blessed - Pride - For me the blonde would be better off as a solo artist thus the other girl's voice really does nothing for me but I did like the blonde's voice not that the other girl can't sing, just her voice is too vanilla for my taste. The production sound not really my thing either thus it makes me think old school 90's Dance but all the ones I couldn't really stand. Not the worst of the 1st quarter but needless to say it won't be going on my playlist.

6. Evanescence - Imperfection - I am a fan of the band and there's no denying Amy Lee can sing but this is far from there best work, much better than there painfully boring ballad Immortal but it's missing those great guitar riffs that this song so needs to keep me interested.

and the 1st Quarter goes to ........ Gabrielle Alpin
2417 days 15 hours ago
DallasAndrew
'My Immortal', painfully boring ballad? Oh my God, you can't say something like that about a classic song.
2417 days 15 hours ago
onemanarmy
I can and Will, it's one of my most hated mainstream songs of all time, I just hate it! I instantly change the radio station when it comes on.
2417 days 9 hours ago
rollingderp
1. Plan B - This got real ugly real quick. Basic all around.
2. Cam - She released other music besides Burning House? Omg wig. This is cute, but Jolene did the whole “my man” thing better.
3. Mona Haydar - OMG WIGGGGG ALOPECIA HEIGHTENED. I love the message and the flow of this song. It’s so good omg.
4. Gabrielle Aplin - The best part about this song is the melody. It’s very different from most melodies i’ve seen in songs like these.
5. Blessed - Cute. Very Fifth Harmony. But it’s bland.
6. Evanescence - IM FUCKING SHOOK. The violins and all the elements just come together for me as a whole and make it so much more. The chromatic elements in it are squirt-worthy, no lie. And the drums in the chorus? WIG!
7. Natasha Blume - This atmosphere? Alopecia! The ghost is cute and this is SO my style of music.
8. Jorja Smith - The beginning was a bit messy, and then it goes into the drum and bass which makes this really good.
9. Fire Knives - ugly!
10. Stormzy - ugly again!
11. Maya Hidab - okay miss! Very tropical for a song in arabic.
12. Jacob Banks - oh my god kill me a 3rd ugly song.
13. Anjulie - Basic pop song. Yawn.
14. Brandon Heath - NEXT
15. Allie X - IM NUTTING!!!! QUEEN ALLIE.
16. Greta Van Fleet - the 1970s called they want their music back. And im boutta give it back.
17. Saint Motel - why are there so many ugly songs :(
18. Ayosha ft. Thiamer - If Ayosha herself sang this, this would be dewiggening.
19. Angus and Julia Stone - ok pizzicato strings!!! This song is cute, but bland. Better than most this edition.
20. Goodbye To Gravity - this song makes me want to legitamately cut myself. It’s bland, boring, and depressing. Thank god for Zoloft.
21. LaBritney - Cute, and kind of bland.
22. Hedley - UGLY!
2417 days 7 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
01) Plan B - Well, he really came out of the gate really GOING FOR IT, but I'm initially unsold on the voice. Eh, think I might have just been startled at first, the vocal is fine. It's fine as a whole.
02) Cam - It's a toe tapper for sure, but that's really the only thing I'm feeling about this.
03) Mona Haydar - I'm so embarrassed by how much I was feeling this, I mean, at least in comparison to how much I THOUGHT I would. Like, slow windin' all over the place. There's some cringe moments, but I think the positives outweigh that for me.
04) Gabrielle Aplin - Really pleasant listen. I like it.
05) Blessed - Right up my alley. Definitely something I could see myself coming back to -- it's an easy listen, and again, is stylistically something that is in my wheelhouse.
06) Evanescence - Firstly, I agree with OMA that My Immortal is quite shitty. Like, easily my least favorite thing on Fallen, an album that I quite enjoy even today. Enjoy the darkness of it, but that's really a given with any of Amy Lee's work. Other than that, it really didn't do as much for me as I was hoping. Perhaps it's a grower.
07) Natasha Blume - Perhaps I'm in a mood, but this was a bit of a buzzkill for me.
08) Jorja Smith x Preditah - LET ME GET ADJUSTED TO THOSE DISTORTED VOCALS. That shit really caught me off guard. Acclimated to it by the time that it came back around, just really off-putting when it came in right off the bat. Solid subtle drum 'n' bass.
09) Fire Knives - Insanity17 NAILED it with this comment: "For a song that seemed to be filled with energy, it didn’t engage me."
10) Stormzy - Y'all (should) know that I fucking love MNEK, and I'm also a fan of Stormzy. One of the better grime artists out there. Have heard it -- liked it the first time around, still really like it. Take me to church.
11) Maya Diab - TOO HAPPY. Sometimes I'll get lucky and find something that should be nauseatingly happy to me like "Magic In The Air" that I end up absolutely loving, but oftentimes, it ends up being a turn off to me like this.
12) Jacob Banks, Timbaland - I love Jacob Banks, I love Timbaland, I love this. I'm not quite sure that the Timbaland production adds TOO much, but it's a nice touch. Vocal masterclass by Mr. Banks, as per usual.
13) Anjulie - Vibing to this. Nothing about it really quite stands out as exceptional, but it's an all around easy listen that gets me moving a bit.
14) Brandon Heath - LMFAO, I COULD WATCH THIS VIDEO ALL DAY. I MEAN, I GET THAT IT'S ASL FRIENDLY AND THAT'S COMMENDABLE, BUT HOLY FUCKING CRINGE. Is Brandon Heath not singing about Jesus for once? I actually can't tell. I'm sure it's tied in somehow. It's very Timberlake-y, without like... ya know, the actual appeal of JT.
15) Allie X - What in the hell is this? An Allie X entry with an actual music video that isn't just her like spinning and trying to give me seizures? I feel like I say this just about every time she's entered (which feels quite regularly), but she's pretty hit or miss for me. I'm leaning towards hit here.
16) Greta Van Fleet - This simply just isn't for me.
17) Saint Motel - "My Type" eventually grew on me SLIGHTLY, once I started hearing it less (or hearing people talking about it less). Parts of the instrumental are VERY "My Type." Actually don't mind it!
18) Ayosha - The vocal sounds verrrrryyyyy familiar, but can't place it. Keeps growing on me more and more as it goes on. Yeah, I really like this.
19) Angus & Julia Stone - I almost called this musical Xanax, but I love my Xanny too much to make that comparison. Musical Ambien. There we go. It felt like it was never going to end, and I was truly grateful when it finally did.
20) Goodbye To Gravity - See directly above.
21) LaBritney - I feel like I've heard this a million times, but done better. And I totally would have been fine with that since it's up my alley, but the chorus was so incredibly half-assed. I didn't think a time would ever come where I wouldn't be giving points to an act named "LaBritney" but I think the day has come.
22) Hedley - Decent enough closer, but I don't think it would have left ANY impact on me if it were earlier on in the running order.
2417 days ago
Insanity17
OMG MR.FRITZ MENTIONED ME IN A COMMENT!!!!
2415 days 22 hours ago
PrincessTeePee
Plan B ~ Omg is he back? I remember loving that Recluse song, wish it was a bigger hit. I'm not entirely sure about his vocal in this, but its a solid enough opener that I can see doing well.
Cam ~ That is...quite the intro! Very punchy for a country song and the vocals and harmonies are great! Not often I feel country songs, but I liked this.
Mona Haydar ~ I can see where they're going with this...but I'm afraid it just isn't for me.
Gabrielle Aplin ~ Heard this before somewhere, advert maybe? It seems a little lacklustre really compared to her winning entry, which I loved. Even her version of The Power of Love knocks spots off this. Its fair, pretty...but a bit dull.
Blessed ~ This actually sounds a little dated vocally, sorta early 2000s. Its not a bad listen though overall, catchy backing track.
Evanescence ~ I miss old Evanescence :( Its ok, her vocal carries what otherwise is a mediocre effort. Nothing can ever top Bring Me To Life, though.
Natasha Blume ~ This was so unbelievably haunting, gave me Lana vibes..but superior. After a while, I'll admit, it dragged a little...but overall, this drew me right in. Possible contender?
Jorja Smith x Preditah ~ Wow erm hello 2001 garage scene! Her vocal is so good, it warrants something better than this, surely? Not really feeling the dated production...torn.
Fire Knives ~ I can't decide if this is realllly jarring and annoying, or reallllly underground club cool. Its a bit screamy, I'm not sure if the vocal is a PERFECT match for the masterclass of an instrumental. Its certainly standout so far though, another potential contender.
Stormzy ~ Grime is not really a genre that I have enough interest in to explore, but he has maddd popularity considering his genre is still pretty niche. I have to admit though, the whole arrangement and production of this is fantastic - even the rapping. He should sing more also he sounds GOOD! And nice inclusion of MNEK. I'm into alll of this.
Maya Diab ~ I feel like this kind of thing has been done better before. Its cute for sure, not something I hated...but I couldn't see myself searching for it again either. But I completely get why someone would love this.
Jacob Banks ~ The gravel in his chorus vocal is veeery nice :) Deceent chillout song, quite enjoyed it.
Anjulie ~ This is catchy as hell, for a fairly generic song, it had me headbopping anyway. It didn't blow me away, but it was inoffensive and cute.
Brandon Heath ~ Is the lady performing sign language in the video? How COOL if she is! I found I was concentrating on her way more than the actual song. It isn't bad btw, maybe a little vanilla and samey, but I did enjoy the subtle 70s disco vibes.
Allie X ~ It was ok, not even close to her best though - this seemed so lacklustre when compared to the winner she had. The subtle instrumentals were lovely, though.
Greta Van Fleet ~ Well we can narrow this one down to 2 users :D Very, very LedZep... I suppose this is where Bibs or AdelesMom run in and tell me that thats because he was IN LedZep? :P Must admit, I quite liked the vintage feel of this.
Saint Motel ~ The intro gave me high expectations. The package as a whole was kinda Kasabian-y...without enough punch. It was pretty cool though, if not a tad repetitive.
Ayosha ~ One of those songs where the verses absolutely SLAY the chorus - the chorus gave me such 90s boyband feels, and yet THAT verse instrumental - and the bridges - save the whole thing. An interesting overall package, leaning towards a hit overall. Enjoyed the vocal.
Angus & Julia Stone ~ This did nothing for me if I'm honest, and Julia's vocal is awwwwfulll ... just imo like!
Goodbye to Gravity ~ This is also super dulll l l l l. Nothing about this inspired me in the slightest.
LaBritney ~ I'm just going to pretend the contest ended on Ayosha. This song ... sucked. Sorry. Underage, uninspiring...no.
Hedley ~ Forgot there was a last song haha xD  It gave me Kygo vibes, and was nicely uptempo. Enjoyed this...a huuuge improvement on the last three.
2415 days 9 hours ago
Alexeh23
01) Plan B - Started nicely and didn't go off the rails like I expected it to, but as a whole it didn't really do much for me.
02) Cam - Really liking this, love the chorus and the instrumentation really works for me. Great entry.
03) Mona Haydar - LMAO was not expecting this to turn up but honestly bless. Not usually the kind of thing I would like but those ethno vibes really make this work for me, love it.
04) Gabrielle Aplin - She is definitely my favourite artist at the moment, which I probably said when she was sent before. That song was better than this imo, but I'm not sure if that's because I played this too much at the start of the year. Still, it's Gabrielle, so will probably take something special to beat for me.
05) Blessed - Wasn't feeling this, quite liked the verses but the chorus was bland and kinda boring for me, not a fan.
06) Evanescence - Was not expecting this vibe from them, kinda dubstep-ish but not really. Decent but I kinda had higher expectations.
07) Natasha Blume - I think I've heard some of her stuff before and really enjoyed it, this was no different. Really love the vibe to this although I wish the chorus wasn't so repetitive, which is something that bugs me a lot in this kind of song.
08) Jorja Smith x Preditah - LOVE Jorja Smith but why her worst song?? Has she been used before? This is still decent I guess, and her voice really shines but she can do much better than this.
09) Five Knives - Another great entry here, love the power in the verses and the chorus is really good. Gonna be hard to vote this week I think...
10) Stormzy - I spoke to soon. Was expecting noisy grime and instead I got dull dirge. Not sure what I would've preferred but thanks for making voting easier for me.
11) Maya Diab - Love me some ethno trash, not as trashy as it could've been but it was so fun and I enjoyed it.
12) Jacob Banks, Timbaland - The voice is great and I liked this a lot more than I was expecting to. Really liked how this built.
13) Anjulie - This was really generic and bland, couldn't get behind it, sorry.
14) Brandon Heath - The video was a nice idea but doesn't really work for this kind of song, which completely passed me by.
15) Allie X - Allie is very hit or miss for me, the intro to this sounded really promising but I didn't really like the direction is went in after that, not fussed about it.
16) Greta Van Fleet - Will have its fans but it's not for me.
17) Saint Motel - We tend to get this kind of song every edition and I feel like I post the same thing about it whenever it does - it's decent for what it is but it's not really my thing.
18) Ayosha - Ahahaha, remember when I said it'd be hard to vote? Didn't care for this, mediocre at best.
19) Angus & Julia Stone - Yawn, this kind of effect on voices irritates me a lot, the song didn't go anywhere.
20) Goodbye To Gravity - Read up on their story after reading the comments, a very sad story. Also a very sad song with that in mind, definitely a pleasant song otherwise too.
21) LaBritney - Forgot I was listening to it tbh, which is never good although particularly not in this kind of song.
22) Hedley - Not a particular fan of theirs and this does nothing to change my mind, very generic.

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!