This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Best of TSC 2015 Semi-Final 1

Topic » Best of TSC 2015 Semi-Final 1

3021 days ago
Aquamarine
23) Ivy Levan - So mad she didn't get an Oscar nom for "Who Can You Trust". This song is everything. C'MON GIVE IT A KISS! Queen Ivy.
3020 days 23 hours ago
CharlieBibi
My 3 favorite TSC songs are in this one... how am I supposed to seperate them???
3020 days 22 hours ago
rollingderp
@Aquamarine's critique for Bjork
i didnt expect people to like this song
especially people who listen to shit like whip and nae nae and tori kelly
3020 days 10 hours ago
kimmal8
01) Melanie Martinez - She's pretty weird in my opinion and I think it's all just a bit too excessive.
02) Andee - Okay I can get into this a bit. It's not bad but it definitely lacks wow factor. Still, probably in good standings in this contest.
03) Jakubi - Awesome funky beat. Very underrated and deserved higher than grubby 10th place!
04) X Ambassadors - It's still nice but I really have grown tired of hearing it every time I turn on the tv or radio! It's also kind of the only good song on their album besides "Unsteady"
05) Louane - Oooh French, gettin fancy here. This was kind of fun. She has a good, low voice.
06) LP - I forgot about this! Really enjoyed this entry when it was submitted. Definitely deserving of its first place finish! The feels are there!
07) Bjork - Bjork is so freaking weird I can't handle her creepy style. So unenjoyable!
08) MisterWives - I have liked every song that has been submitted by Misterwives. They'll probably be bigger than Echosmith.
09) Vanic X Machineheart - I like the rhythm of this, don't remember this being submitted though. Maybe I was absent from that contest lol.
10) Softengine - One of my favorite recent entries to come out of tengaged song contest! I play this regular on my phone. The chorus is especially catchy.
11) Kadie Elder - Wasn't expecting a guy to be the voice after seeing 'Kadie'. It's not a terrible song but pretty repetitive.
12) Audra Mae - Good rhythm and rasp in her voice. Very catchy! Not surprised it won.
13) The Vantage - Awesome entry, definitely had tough competition during #200.
14) Clare Maguire - Well this is fun. One of those hell hath no fury like a woman scorned kinda songs.
15) Reliant K - They're a Christian band right? Just wondering. This was nice for them, usually they're pretty boring.
16) Jess Glynne - She has a fantastic voice and I hope she makes it bigger with better songs.
17) The Knocks - This was a bit of a snoozer. Some of the lines were too drawn out.
18) Ella Eyre - She doesn't need that autotune it ruins the song!
19) Dinah Nah - Really not feeling it, just doesn't clique with me.
20) BØRNS - Amazing song and I'm glad they're getting radio play! Hopefully it doesn't overstay its welcome tho like Alessia Cara and Elle King
21) Francesco Yates - This is turning into a pretty good contest. This is some funky Justin Timberlake level shit. Not bad!
22) Josef Salvat - Very good voice. I feel like he's a schmoozer. This is catchy though, very serenade-y. Not my favorite.
23) Ivy Levan - I'm giving this points for the laugh factor.
3020 days 7 hours ago
ricktworick1
1. Melanie Martinez.
Original comment: She's kind of creepy, just like her music, but that's actually a good thing in that case. Her voice is a little bit underwhelming, but the background itself is quite captivating. Needs a little more punch, but it was alright I guess.

Current comment: Don't think much has changed in this case. I still find this song to be very underwhelming, even after a few listens, and that's a shame, because she's got some good stuff like "Pity Party" for example.

2. Andee.
Original comment: None, since I was the host. I 12'd it.

Current comment: There are very good reasons why I decided to give this 12 points, just listen to the song, the arrangement, the balance between the production and the vocals - it is honestly so spot on. Great buildup - one of my favourites of TSC 2015.

3. Jakubi.
Original comment: The rapping parts kind of put me off, but the singing bits are actually pretty nice to listen to. Still not my thing, though.

Current comment: This is honestly so soulful and it's kind of a shame that a rap-styled singing is there, but I do enjoy it more than the last time. Will it be enough, we'll see.

4. X Ambassadors.
Original comment:  I prefer Jungle to this, as I feel the collaboration with Jamie N Commons had its own unique sound. This is just a typical indie song, but I must admit it has a better buildup than many songs in that genre. A pleasant entry after all.

Current comment: Radio has ruined this song so much to me. Sick of this already.

5. Louane.
Original comment: Obligatory foreign entry. And it has to be French, since entries in that language usually perform well in TSCs. As much as I love French music, this is a bit too standard, it doesn't quite reach the bar that was set by previous french songs that either won or did well in TSC.

Current comment: This later would have become very huge in Poland, and it was overplayed to death. Good thing I did not like this in the first place. The remix is so much better.

6. LP.
Original comment: She's got a killer voice, that's for sure. Nice to hear some fusion of some asian and european sounds, it's rather odd, but it somehow works. Verses sound stronger than the chorus until she starts hitting those high notes. Weird but effective.

Current comment: My best win so far, so I obviously love this. Second song of mine to break the 200 points barrier.

7. Bjork.
Original comment: Whoever sent this performed a double-suicide when it comes to a good placing. Not only is that a very well-known artist, the quality of the audio is just atrocious. Her 2000s music has always been too weird for my likes, and this doesn't change anything. Her 90s stuff were much better imo.

Current comment: Not a thing I'd change in my comment, really, maybe except for the quality of the audio which is a bit better this time around.

8. Misterwives.
Original comment: None, I hosted this TSC. Gave it a 7.

Current comment: I think I'm enjoying it even more than the previous time, but then the cheesy trumpets come on which turn this song from great to decent only. Ugh. What a shame, because everything else is pretty exceptional.

9. Vanic X Machineheart
Original comment: This is way too long and it is completely unorganised. The melodies do not really flow well with her vocal, such a shame, as this has lots of potential.

Current comment: I enjoy it much more than I did before, it's quirky and it stands out to me much more than the last time. Weird how things can easily change.
3020 days 6 hours ago
ricktworick1
10. Softengine.
Original comment: Well, their music isn't really soft, but that's a good thing here. Finally a standout entry after a string of rather weak songs. Great energy, great buildup, I enjoyed this.

Current comment: Still really intrigued by this. Mon never disappoints with his picks, really!

11. Kadie Elder
Original comment: None, hosted this TSC. Gave it 0 points.

Current comment: Gave it a 0, because that was a pretty dull song. You've got better, Patrick.

12. Audra Mae
Original comment: Woah, the start was sassy, and this sounds quite good. While it does not live up after the beginning, this is quite solid, reminds me Miranda Lambert whom I really enjoy.

Current comment: This isn't as good as the first listen for this, but still pretty solid. Not quite sure how will it end up in my points, though.

13. The Vantages
Original comment: Sounds like a more annoying version of Imagine Dragons. A bit too rocky for my liking and the whole package isn't anything that is particularly interesting.

Current comment: Maybe not as annoying now, but I still think they sound like wannabe Imagine Dragons. It works a bit better now, but nothing too exciting really.

14. Clare Maguire
Original comment: Came across this. Her voice is really strong, but the whole thing is extremely repetitive. It's trying way too hard, and it's a shame, cause Clare is good while she does her natural vocal, not this nasal force.

Current comment: No doubt about her strong vocal, I'm now used to this nasally singing, but you can't fix the fact that this overly repetitive. It's decent now, but I don't think I will ever get to love this entry.

15. Reliant K
Original comment: Necessary bland indie song that will place in the higher reaches of the bottom 10. I am already over such songs, they are so bland and I am shocked that people can still thoroughly enjoy this. At least put some substance in indie music.

Current comment: Funny how some things never change.

16. Jess Glynne
Original comment: Another artist that is about to become (or already is) a regular here. This was on my waiting list, so you can already tell that I am a huge fan of this song, and that's obviously true, as I've downloaded it the first time I heard it. The breakdown before the chorus is a bit weird, but everything else is almost golden. A lot of bias here, but I am a huge fan of hers, so can't help but love her stuff.

Current comment: She's become a staple, that's for sure. Although not as good as "Don't Be So Hard On Yourself", this also delivers enough for me to really enjoy this tune.

17. The Knocks
Original comment: I can already tell that the singer didn't really try with using her talent. It sounds extremely lazy when it comes to the voice, but the production is on spot. Not bad, but is it enough?

Current comment: Still a bit underwhelming after all, although the buildup to the chorus is pretty good. It's just a'ight.
3020 days 6 hours ago
ricktworick1
18. Ella Eyre
Original comment: A TSC regular who really KNOWS how to not only sing, but produce a song that is progressively good. This is a typical Ella Eyre production of slower verses and the great build-up to the chorus, which could be much stronger. Sounds a lot like Gravity by DJ Fresh where Ella herself is a featuring artist. I prefer Gravity to this, but this is still a high standard.

Current comment: Great release, enough said. She has surprisingly got better, though, like the amazing collab with Sigma on "Good Times"

19. Dinah Nah
Original comment: None, hosted this TSC. Gave it no points.

Current comment: Bet Tolis & Fritzy love this, but as for me, that's a big fat no.

20. BØRNS
Original comment: Heard this before, and it didn't really capture my attention. Listening to this for the second time almost changed nothing.

Current comment: This now sounds extremely familiar, because companies love to use this song for ads. I must admit I enjoy it much more recently, so good job Johnny.

21. Francesco Yates
Original comment: Can't really get into it. My comments standards are also dropping, it should tell you how much I was interested in this song.

Current comment: Yeah, still cannot get into it sadly. He did better in Robin Schulz' "Sugar".

22. Josef Salvat
Original comment: His cover of Rihanna's Diamonds is absolutely amazing. His music usually never fails to disappoint me and this is definitely no exception, it's a very well-built song with nice texture and layers. Really good.

Current comment: Open Season shits all over this, but this is still pretty enjoyable, especially the buildup to the chorus is outstanding. Fritzy's obsession with Josef Salvat seems to be unhealthy at this point.

23. Ivy Levan
Original comment: What the hell happened to her? Her previous entries were really good, and made the TSC recognise something different. This sounds like a rejected version of Christina Aguilera's "Not Myself Tonight", and that song from Xtina was a pile of diarrhea. The only positive thing I can say about this is the fact that she actually sounds a lot like Xtina in this, but that's always a good thing, so it doesn't help too much, as this just sounds extremely cheap.

Current comment: While I do like it more than I used to, I still can't get over her transition to this "pop star" image, which kind of flopped anyway. I don't find this as annoying now, but it's nowhere near the level of her old releases really.
3019 days 5 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
Comments are going to suck, well, at least towards the end. Definitely going to get progressively worse. Haven't been at my computer for a week or so, nauseous as fuck. Getting this over with while I can. SORRY.

01) Melanie Martinez - Nice dark appeal to it, but it'll have a hard time sticking out amongst this running order.
02) Andee - #116 on my TSC favorites list. Good tune. No complaints!
03) Jakubi - #102 on my TSC favorites list. Still love the feel of this one. Good chill out jam.
04) X Ambassadors - Still a nice toe-tapping element to it, but overplayed to the point where it was a struggle for me to even press play on it.
05) Louane - Foreign language bug in a contest with lots of songs that I know well and enjoy. Not gonna happen. Overall, it's not a hard one to get through, but just not something that stuck with me after it was entered the first time, and the same will likely be said about it this time.
06) LP - #64 on my TSC favorites list, but to be honest, if I re-did it today, it might rank a little worse. It's pretty fantastic, but it's something I have to not hear often for it to still have the magic it did the first time I heard it.
07) Bjork - i didnt expect people to like this song, especially people who listen to shit like whip and nae nae and tori kelly. PS: Tori Kelly is fucking fabulous and I'd appreciate it if people kept her name out of the same sentence as Whip and Nae Nae from this point on, unless it's like "I saw some stupid kid doing the whip/nae nae to that amazing Tori Kelly song, how stupid." UNNECCESSARY. Anywho, I love Tori Kelly and weird music (see: Tune Yards), but this is hot garbage, and Bjork has much better stuff out there.
08) MisterWives - I liked this on first listen, but it's gotten better with age. Could slip into my points despite a bunch of the other tracks in here being on my favs list. 
09) Vanic X Machineheart - I don't know if it's because it has a music video now (so petty of me), but I'm feeling this more than I did last time around.
10) Softengine - Mon and I are usually on the same page, but this is where our taste differs.
11) Kadie Elder - I thought we were getting some SAFIA queef, but I guess not. I wish we got SAFIA. I totally misread the rules because I was stuck in bed, and apologies to Patrick, but I'm using this entry as my venting zone. I WOULD HAVE NOT SELECTED THIS JOSEF SALVAT ENTRY AND WOULD HAVE SAVED HIM FOR OPEN SEASON IF I DIDN'T SKIM THROUGH THE MAILER. COLEMAN HELL WOULD BE HERE RIGHT NOW. Anyway, this isn't bad (no Patrick entries are), but it's gonna struggle to get points here.
12) Audra Mae - My toes are tappin' all over the place.
13) The Vantage - Oh my god, don't jump, I'll let you have my bod-...oh, phew, he landed in water. That's all I have to say, but I do love you, my dearest bibbs.
14) Clare Maguire  - #26 on my TSC favorites list. Scorned woman done with your bullshit is such an overdone archetype, but Clare did it SO right.
15) Reliant K - Not my cuppa bowla wut.
16) Jess Glynne - #82 on my TSC favorites list. Really good tune.
17) The Knocks - Got me swaying in my chair a biv.
18) Ella Eyre - #6 on my TSC favorites list. Words aren't needed.
19) Dinah Nah - #38 on my TSC favorites list. IF I DIDN'T FEEL LIKE ASS, I WOULD HOLA THE SHIT OUT OF THE MUSIC VIDEO, BUT I'LL ~SETTLE~ FOR THE LIVE SLAYAGE. True MF 2015 winner, but at least Mans saved us from a Russia victory.
20) BØRNS - I've tried getting into BØRNS, but something just doesn't click for me. It's not bad by any means, just not my cup of tea.
21) Francesco Yates - Almost a year later and I still want to punch him in the face. It's groovy, but is it groovy enough to get points over songs that have stuck with me throughout the TSC season? We shall see.
22) Josef Salvat - He's awful.
23) Ivy Levan - #69 (mmm) on my TSC favorites list. Flash Forward Tuesday - Biscuit is going to win this contest.
3019 days 3 hours ago
Tepr
i missed this, would of loved to participated
3019 days 2 hours ago
PrincessTeePee
Melanie Martinez ~ Who even is this? She's like Shawn Mendes in the sense that her name is getting big, but her songs haven't quite 'landed' in the UK. I think her winning entry was a lot better than this one, I wasn't feeling this.
Andee ~ Decent song, and her voice is good - kind of reminiscent of Gin Wigmore - but the song itself is slightly lacking. Needs a kickkk.
Jackubi ~ Chilled song, again, fairly nice vocals. But, this just wasn't for me.
X Ambassadors ~ Ooooh, I think this is off one of our tv adverts?  Never heard it in full though before, mhmmm I like this.
Louane ~ I'm surprised this places so low, actually... besides the fact its in French, this song is pretty typical TSC. I like the chorus...and the 'wa oh ah ohh' bit is cool!
LP ~ I wasn't in this contest, but I saw how many points it got, and I HAD to listen, y'know? I have a conflicting relationship with this song. The beat and tune are excellent, and actually very standout...however, her voice goes RIGHT FCKING THRU ME! No doubt the woman can sing, but for me, it was just that bit too screechy. I suppose I don't hate it too much when she is't causing me earache, but I'm afraid I don't get the 'love' either..sorrryyyy!
Bjork ~ I was weirdly intrigued by this, but I don't think enough to give it points.
MisterWives ~ I discovered these recently myself, and entered a song by them. Very much a fan! I think I do prefer Not Your Way, but I thoroughly enjoy the beat of this, also. Favourite so far, either way!
Vanic X Machineheart ~ Aww, I still love this! So quirky and standout with the addition of 80s-style synth...HELLO?! Alicia loves!
Softengine ~ Oh YES I frigging LOVED this - one of the best 'buildup' songs that I can recall in TSC. A well deserved winner, and a song I still find and listen to nowadays.
Kadie Elder ~ Reminded me a bit of an M83 song, It was kind of refreshing, I enjoyed it.
Audra Mae ~ Chorus is pretty cool, but besides that, the song is a bit meh to me, compared to some others.
The Vantage ~ Needs a bit more in the way of beats and kicks, but besides that, I quite liked this one.
Clare Maguire ~ Damn, where did her grittiness come from? This wasn't part of the Last Dance! Decent song, but it did get repetitive after a while.
Reliant K ~ Nope, didn't like this, too folky.
Jess Glynne ~ It took me a while to warm to this because of the screechiness. I like it a heck of a lot more than I did though, very boppy!
The Knocks ~ Undecided with this one. It felt a bit robotic, with mediocre vocals, yet there was something intriguing about it too?
Ella Eyre ~ I think this is my favourite by her, shpws off her incredible vocal very well, whilst remaining catchy.
Dinah Nah ~ Oh, Europop! Cool song, I liked it,
BØRNS ~ Not heard this before...I would listen again, this was pretty damn fabulous. I liked the beat, and of course his vocal especially when holding that note. Is that synth? SYNTH?!
Francesco Yates ~ Hmmm nah, this just didn't do enough for me.
Josef Salvat ~ The verses ored me, the chorus woke me back up. Its pretty OK, but a bit long-winded.
Ivy Levan ~ Surprised one of her winners wasn't picked? Regardless, I'm hit or miss with her songs...this is a hit. I like the power in her voice, and the beat is cool.
3019 days 2 hours ago
krrais
Why didnt i get a mailer for this ?? I wanna participate T.T
3019 days ago
TolisKalkas
Best of TSC 2015 Semi-Final 1 Invite
Js21 kilikfanof2mrow kimmal8 krrais Limegrass LittleMix Lockie
you've been invited to the Best of TSC 2015 semi-final #1. It encompasses TSC189 - 206. Your top song is highlighted in

you did
3019 days ago
TolisKalkas
for those than need Dinah Nah
3018 days 14 hours ago
krrais
i must of missed that.. well i'll just be a jury then, can i ?
3016 days 5 hours ago
ryan5676
01) Melanie Martinez – It seems dark, but I am not feeling it at all
02) Andee – I really love the beat and the voice where I want to listen to more of it
03) Jakubi – I’m shocked that I am enjoying this where it is the music
04) X Ambassadors – I’m sorry, but I am not grooving to this song because of the beat
05) Louane – I had 2 songs to choose from and this was my best one, anyway I still enjoy it to this day!
06) LP – What is this where the song is just a mess with the voice and music
07) Bjork – Now I know why did this badly where the music and voice sound so forced
08) MisterWives – The music is just so funky where I want to dance along to
09) Vanic X Machineheart – This is unique and different, in a good way where I can listen to it all night long
10) Softengine – It’s a good song where I like the voice, but the music not much
11) Kadie Elder – This is so boring where I just want it to stop
12) Audra Mae – I’m in love with this song where I can’t get it out of my head and I adore the music
13) The Vantage – This is now a favourite of mine where it has everything a great song should have
14) Clare Maguire – It gets better and better where this is just perfect with the beat and the music
15) Reliant K – It’s a no from me where it is too generic and it isn’t right at all
16) Jess Glynne – This is a hit with me where her voice is like an angel and it is so wonderful
17) The Knocks – I’m not digging this one where I detest the voices where they don’t fit in
18) Ella Eyre – This is a fricking good song where I want it to never end
19) Dinah Nah – No, just no where it doesn’t fit in and I hate that beat
20) BØRNS – This is my jam where I like the voice and the cute beat
21) Francesco Yates – I only like the voice from this song
22) Josef Salvat – It’s a nice song where I feel emotion in it
23) Ivy Levan – Her voice steals this song, but it didn’t show her full potential

open group

Tengaged Song Contest

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!