This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Best of TSC 2015 Semi-Final 1

Topic » Best of TSC 2015 Semi-Final 1

3015 days 13 hours ago
smi9127
01) Melanie Martinez – Honestly one of my least fav Melanie songs. Still not bad but eh. Loved it to set the mood for AHS but in general Not a giant fan of this song. Such a creepy vibe to just listen to in general.
02) Andee – Although upbeat and sort of catchy this isn’t really the style of music I really like. She can definitely sing just not a giant fan of this
03) Jakubi – Super chill song. Wouldn’t add this to my playlists or anything but it is a nice song. Not in love but I can sort of jam to this as a studying song
04) X Ambassadors – Great song. Added it to a playlist the first time this was submitted and I still really like it. A+ Choice
05) Louane – Not the best French song from TSC (looking at you Indila) but I don’t hate this. Surprised it scored so low the first time tbh.
06) LP – The tengaged song of the century is back! I mean I get the hype but I don’t get ALL the hype this gets. Without a doubt a good song but not my fav.
07) Bjork – WTF is with all the weird noises and I am just not a fan nope.
08) MisterWives – Love it go misterwives. Was always a big of this song good for them yay.
09) Vanic X Machineheart – I always liked this song. Its just a fun energy and I love the music. Her voice is fun and unique too.
10) Softengine – I mean its okay… but not a very memorable song. Kind of meh and then it randomly goes all hard. Didn’t really fit.
11) Kadie Elder – This was pretty good. A little bit memorable! Another chill song tho I could see myself listening to this while doing laundry or some shit. The more I think about this the more I like it.
12) Audra Mae – Catchy and upbeat but I still feel like this song is missing something. IDK. Definite room for improvement from her. I think it’s the music, not her voice.
13) The Vantage – Meh. Same old same old guy with band song. Not super memorable for me.
14) Clare Maguire – I remember this winning. It’s a good song but its not amazing. Kind of like LP but idk im not feeling this one.
15) Reliant K – Pretty catchy. I like the indie vibe even though its upbeat which I appreciate. I can see myself listening to this more.
16) Jess Glynne – I’ve never been in love with this song… or liked it very much. I mean I like her voice and I like when she sings until her voice gets all high but it was never a fav… I get the hype for this tho so idk.
17) The Knocks – I wish this song would go somewhere else. Like its very one note throughout. I got bored after 2ish minutes.
18) Ella Eyre – This song feels so forced. Like she really wants me to like the upbeat parts but I don’t.
19) Dinah Nah – Catchy chorus but very radio. Cant hate it entirely though cant lie that its catchy.
20) BØRNS – This song continues to grow on me over the months. Not amazing but I appreciate this song a lot more than when it was first submitted.
21) Francesco Yates – Another not very memorable song :L Nothing to make me love this… or like it. Too generic blah.
22) Josef Salvat – Slower but I like it. The powerful parts really get me. Very nice song. But sometimes its boring but still I like it.
23) Ivy Levan – Still my least fav ivy levan song. Sorry just cannot get into this song idk why but ugh.
3015 days 8 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
01) Melanie Martinez – I’m not sure how I felt about this when it was first enteed, but I’m loving this now. The macabre vibes are stunning and I love the use of the xylophone. This deserved to be higher than 15th for sure.

02) Andee – This deserved to be Charlie’s first win…let’s be honest now. The punchy way she sings is great and I just love how sassy she is. Sad moment time, I sometimes listen to my mp3 player in bed and this came on two nights ago and I literally was air punching and lyp-syncing to this under the covers. :p So yah…how cool am I? :p

03) Jakubi – I’m hearing similarities with the lazy song by Bruno Mars….and also ‘it wasn’t me’ by Shaggy. :p The first one makes more sense as the themes are very similar. It’s good, very pleasant…but this isn’t in the same league as the first two songs for me, but it could sneak into my points for sure. :)

04) X Ambassadors – I think 2016 will be Geo’s year to get his first win. I’m at the point where I have heard this a lot on the radio….but it doesn’t feel like I have…does that make sense. It sounds fresh still is what I mean. It isn’t the most original of songs, but it is one of the better songs that are popular at the moment. :)

05) Louane – I’m sorry, this only got 17 points? Did you forget to vote or something, Ryan? I adore this! I must have given it quite a big chunk of the 17 points. :p I listen to this all the time on my mp3 player. I love the French language & accent, she just exudes this sassiness and power that I adore. :)

06) LP – Has anyone else noticed that she looks like Mick Hucknell with Brown hair? Just me? This was just so unique, I am not surprised that it is one of the few entries that scored over 200 points. I’d be very interested to see how this fairs against the other great entries here though. A highlight of the year, I especially love the Japanese undertones to the instrumentation. :)

07) Bjork – I can appreciate this, I really can. I remember my music teacher playing us ‘Earth Intruders’ randomly when it first came out (I’m guessing this was on the same album) and I was like ‘wow’. There is nothing like this 0ut on the market and I love the fact she’s trying her best to set herself apart. I do feel like ‘Earth Intruders’ would have been a slightly better pick, but it may have been illegible when you first entered this so I forgive you. :)

08) MisterWives – Eighties fashion making a comeback! I really like this actually, the vocals was a lot better than I was expected. I wish the chorus was a little punchier, but most of this was absolute perfection so I can’t moan too much. :)

09) Vanic X Machineheart – ADORATION – I couldn’t remember this, but this might be one of those forgotten gems of TSC. This is almost anthemic in places. :D A little pinky plonky, but very enjoyable. :O A surprise. Miss TeePee submitting this gm of an entry is perfect. :)

10) Softengine – When I read the list or artists I was hoping for yellow house, but it was probably entered last year or something and it didn’t win of course. This is still great though. Probably going to be up there for the male vocal of the contest. :) For sure. :D

11) Kadie Elder – I loved this at the time it was entered and it is yet another entry I listen to on my mp3. :) I just like the dream like qualities he has to vocals. Look at the eighties tennis biatch. :p There seems to be a trend of bullies bullying because they’re really gay…goodness. Can’t we just have a sweet relationship? :p Great song. :)
3015 days 8 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
12) Audra Mae – My first winning entry. ;O Classic example of If you throw enough shit at a wall some of it is bound to stick eventually. :p Hahahaha I joke I joke. :p Who can believe I won with a country song? :p Punchy from start to finish. :) Also I didn’t realise this scored more than 100. :P

13) The Vantage – 18th with 55 points? There must have been 10 million entries that week. Queen Bibbles entering the rock entry of this night so far. :D Yesssss!!!!!! I wish it retained the level of vocals it achieved at the start all the way to the end. :( But other than that it is a very good entry. :)

14) Clare Maguire – That goddess at the beginning….the one that makes the ‘oh woh oh woooh’ noises. Oh she might be a dancer…oh well, she’s still a goddess. Claire’s good too. Parts of this is amazing, like the ‘running away from tragedy’ bit. The other parts are great too. I love listening to this on my mp3 player and it’s great to listen to on a Saturday night too. :D

15) Reliant K – very cute. :) Gonna toot this one for you sparky. :) Just a cute little indie entry that I can appreciate. :)

16) Jess Glynne – Now nothing she ever does will ever be better ‘rather be’, but this exceptional let’s be honest. My favourite solo song for sure. Just great from start to finish. :D

17) The Knocks – Looking at King Steven slipping a forgotten gem into the this contest. I loved this and this is the second complete surprise of the night for me. I could do without the awkward male mumbling and random points though, but that is such a minor gripe that I can’t even believe I’m  even typing it lol :p

18) Ella Eyre – I’ve never been the biggest fan of her stuff, but this again is a great song. I’m not sure if it quite edges out Jess, but it’s fantastic in its own right. Sam better stay in this contest or I will hunt him down!!!!!!!!

19) Dinah Nah – Just good clean fun.  A lovely warm up for Helly being entered in Semi-Final 2. :) The chorus is fantastic. I just want to be somewhere warm beside a beach, dancing to this with all my entry. :D Some of the electro beats are bit cheese, but honestly this is just great. :D

20) BØRNS – Johnny getting his life to this….and so am I. :) A great vocal, I am going to find it hard to give out my points. This is just a magical entry and is giving me the energy to finish off the last few songs lol :)

21) Francesco Yates – RETRO and I adore this. The chorus in particular is really good. It’s such a fun song. A house party hit…the ‘ohhhhohohohohohohhohoh’ parts in particular were great. I hope I gave this at least a few points when it was entered the first time around as I love this now.

22) Josef Salvat – Just a beautiful and chill entry, I adored the laid back feeling to this. :D Sorry I’m struggling to type now, but I thoroughly enjoyed this. :p :)

23) Ivy Levan- I’m pretty sure I gave this no points when it was first entered and maybe that was because I was shocked that this was the stuff she was releasing now, but out of all the songs I’ve given 0 points, this is the only one I can remember the hook to and that means something. So maybe I owe Ian an apology, as I pretty much love this now as I listen to it almost a year later. :) Sassy sasssssssyyyyyyyyy love this.
3015 days 8 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
Thanks for the great contest, Tolis. :D
Good luck everyone and good luck to me when it comes to voting. :p
3015 days 8 hours ago
bibbles
01) Melanie Martinez
Past comment: very Parisian, its had good bits and not so good bits, it was slightly stylised!
New comment: it bored me!!
02) Andee
Past comment: has she not already sung tonight! It wasn’t bad.
New comment: very Eurovision, I quite enjoyed it!
03) Jakubi
Past comment: next!!!!
New comment: ditto!!!!
04) X Ambassadors
Past comment: plodded along quite nicely, didn’t change much, but it had me tapping my little toe!
New comment: in an advert that’s on the telly non stop!! Think they were in new York when I was there last year. I quite like it but the advert has over played it for me.
05) Louane
Past comment: didn’t really go anywhere, just plodded on, a bit!!
New comment: still not doing for me, her vocals make her sound like shes bored!
06) LP
Past comment: there is a slight stevie nicks vibe in there, I love stevie nicks!! This was quite enjoyable, a nice energy about it.
New comment: very oriental, has a nice mood to it. I quite like it. Is it a boy singing?
07) Bjork
Past comment: blimey its Bjork. Never liked her and this hasn’t changed my mind!!
New comment: would never listen to this through choice, dreadful.
08) MisterWives
Past comment: lots of girlies tonight, it was okay, not sure I liked her voice and the brass was out of place!! Catchy though!
New comment: very northern soul, it was okay, has a certain charm.
09) Vanic X Machineheart
Past comment: I was disappointed when this started, the band name made me think it would be something else. Never judge a band by its name. I didn’t enjoy this!
New comment: still didn’t enjoy this!
10) Softengine
Past comment: I like this, although the night clubby bit near the was a tad unnecessary!!
New comment: still enjoyed it, I like his voice, just ditch that clubby bit!
11) Kadie Elder
Past comment: was expecting a girl, probably cos i was thinking of the film sons of Katie elder!! It was okay.
New comment: enjoyed it better the second time around.
12) Audra Mae
Past comment: haven’t we heard this already, sounds like a previous song. It was okay, her voice is okay, the beat is okay and at least its not full of twiddly background stuff!
New comment: liked it better this time, had a nice energy, and her voice is okay too!
13) The Vantage
Past comment: two on the trot that l liked, hope this keeps up!!
New comment: I love the vantage!!!!!!
14) Clare Maguire
Past comment: suzi quarto out of retirement? It wasn’t bad!
New comment: it was okay, had a nice beat, lots of energy.
15) Reliant K
Past comment: a bit two doorish! Wasn’t bad! Twee ending!
New comment: still a bit twee!
16) Jess Glynne
Past comment: a bit discotheque!! a bit 70s, and i was there so I should know!
New comment: heard this song so many times, its catchy, but over done!
17) The Knocks
Past comment: a bit of 70s disco, earth wind and fire, should have had male vocalist! It was okay!
New comment: its drags a bit, is a bit samey, not lighting my fire!!
18) Ella Eyre
Past comment: not my kind of thing, but her voice is okay, the tune is okay, may get points cos im not liking much tonight!! Oh, dancy, oh well!!
New comment: its still not my thing, I heard this a lot, and its not doing it for me.
19) Dinah Nah
Past comment: that was awful!
New comment: its still awful!
20) BØRNS
Past comment: im seriously menopausal tonight (too much info?!?) was this a bay city rollers hit!
New comment: I must have been very menopausal that night, cos I enjoyed it more this time!
21) Francesco Yates
Past comment: hes channelling the 70s, in sound and looks!! I quite liked it!
New comment: hes also channelling Michael Jackson!! Still liked it, took me back!
22) Josef Salvat
Past comment: reminds me a bit of bryan ferry and roxy music. I quite liked it, it was mellow and slightly haunting with a good hook, I like the way he sang it, especially the tag line.
New comment: still brian ferry, with shades of ultravox and duran duran, loved it!
23) Ivy
3015 days 8 hours ago
bibbles
darn, cut off one comment!!

23) Ivy Levan
Past comment: stupid lyrics. Think she swore but it was blanked out!
New comment: she running up the hill with that beat, still didn’t like it!!
3015 days 8 hours ago
Samhuss
How long do I have?
3015 days 7 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
You have until 12pm tomorrow Eastern Standard Time, Sam. :D
3015 days 2 hours ago
Insanity
1. Melanie Martinez - Still as eerie and creepy as I used to remember it. I think I really liked it at first but now I just think it's aiight.
2. Andee - Sounds kinda Carrie Underwood-ish. But like the good Carrie Underwood. It was nice.
3. Jakubi - This WOULD be a Kimmal entry... This doesn't really go anywhere.
4. X Ambassadors - I won't be one of these people who's like "HOW WAS THIS EVER FAMOUS?" because I liked it at one point but listening to it now it's just wicked boring.
5. Louane - I usually love foreign entries but I'm not living for this one as much as I usually do???
6. LP - Overrated.
7. Bjork - Too much going on! This song doesn't know what it wants to be and it makes it sound cluttered and dysfunctional!
8. MisterWives - I like TeePee's entry that almost won better, but I still quite like this. Took a bit before it actually got going but the chorus delivered!
9. Vanic X Machineheart - Remember really liking this when it was submitted. Still quite like it! Especially like the synth! < 3
10. Softengine - Sounds like Coldplay. I don't like Coldplay. His voice is downright dreadful in some parts.
11. Kadie Elder - DON'T KISS AFTER Y'ALL JUST SMOKED CIGARETTES!!!! Y'ALL ARE NASTY AND NEED HELP!
12. Audra Mae - Slay a bit, Miss Audra! Kinda salon-like. It could've gone wrong so badly but I like the way it's done here.
13. The Vantage - Well... For bibbles it's good... But still kinda meh.
14. Clare Maguire - ........ Okay work.
15. Relient K - Am I 15 all over again?
16. Jess Glynne - I will forever be indifferent to her.
17. The Knocks - My song that is better than all of yours.
18. Ella Eyre - You know, I'm real sick of this bitch honestly, and for an Ella Eyre song it's really underwhelming looking back. w o w. I liked the song that almost beat Meg Myers better.
19. Dinah Nah - I had little hope for this song because of the title but y'know what I kinda like it, but I could not handle listening to this 24/7.
20 BØRNS - It was cute. Not totally giving it to me, but it'll do!
21. Francisco Yates - Oh I'm kinda feeling this! I thought I was gonna hate it lol. Werq.
22. Josef Salvat - Yawn
23. Ivy Levan - I dont remember living for this song this hard. Why am I living for it this hard now?
3015 days 2 hours ago
Insanity
Also Ivy Levan's legs are fake I am convinced of it.
3015 days 2 hours ago
77sparks77
1) Melanie Martinez - TOOT - Originally I hated this, and I'm still not in love with it… but I've really come to appreciate this genre a lot more and I quite like some of the elements of this - like it sticks to it's theme really really well. Yeah, sorry for being bitchy about it originally.
2) Andee - BOOT - So initially I thought this was weird and I still do but I see it more as a just plain mess now. Last time I thought it was kind of a hot mess, but I'm afraid the kind of weird rhythm or tempo or whatever it has going finally lost its appeal.
3) Jakubi - TOOT - Oh yes! The rhythm of this is so good, it flows really well and I can't help but kinda sway to it. I liked this initially and the trend continues because this was so easy to listen to, loved it!
4) X Ambassadors - BOOT - I was pretty okay with this, but I've grown to kind of get bored of it even more on further listening… I mean the song is not awful, but it's just so repetitive and unoriginal that it loses any replayability…
5) Louane - TOOT - I liked this when I first listened and listening again it keeps it's charm. :) I mean it's simple and doesn't leave huge impact, but it's sweet and easy and I just think it's a lovely wee tune.
6) LP - TOOT - How many times have I listened to 'Tokyo Sunrise' since it won TSC I hear you ask? Well let's just say I know all the lyrics by now… :) Need I say more?
7) Bjork - BOOT - I can't even stick it a second time tbh. Still gives me a headache.
8) MisterWives - TOOT - Maybe it's because I loved 'Not Your Way' so much… but this has really grown on me. It's not as good as the previously mentioned IMO, but it's still quite a happy go lucky bop which is right up my street. :)
9) Vanic X Machineheart - BOOT - Boring, repetitive and very middle of the road. I'm sorry…. I
10) Softengine - TOOT - So uh… I kinda BOUGHT their album after this. Yeah… I know a lot of their songs now and Sirens still reigns supreme.
11) Kadie Elder - TOOT - YAS, THEY ADDED THIS ON SPOTIFY!! It's grown in terms of being a bop, I think if I'd known it was on Spotify before this I would probably know all the words by now. I'm really getting into this kind of dancy music atm… I don't know the name of the genre, but yes, I like this a lot.
12) Audra Mae - BOOT - I apparently really liked this when it was originally posted… And I honestly don't know what I saw in this. It was just… Nah, I wasn't feeling it at all. It was too fast or just, it wasn't what I wanted. I can't describe it, soz.
13) The Vantage - TOOT - Another one that I know all the lyrics to…. :3 I really like this genre of music and these guys do it very well, very chill. It makes me think of the beach for some reason, and summer. I liked it a lot. ^_^
3015 days 2 hours ago
77sparks77
14) Clare Maguire - BOOT - Too shouty, I'm not feeling it tonight, I apologise… I think I need to be in the right mood for this one, and currently, I am not.
15) Reliant K - TOOT - *Cries for 4 minutes and 19 seconds cause I have so many great memories with this song.*
16) Jess Glynne - TOOT - I still stand by my original statement where I think this song has a chorus that's lacking in comparison to all the other very strong parts.
17) The Knocks - BOOT - I'm forgiving this because I initially disliked it and I can totally see why. That being said, it has a very decent beat but needs to be shortered to like half the running time cause it got so boring.
18) Ella Eyre - TOOT - Still nice, but also still safe as hell. I find it boring cause like… it doesn't go anywhere.
19) Dinah Nah - BOOT - Nope, lol.
20) BØRNS  - TOOT - Another one I know all the lyrics to and am really in love with, it's such a bop. Gosh… I really don't know what to do with my points now, shit.
21) Francesco Yates - BOOT - I missed TSC206, but clearly I didn't miss much. Gosh, I get bitchy when I'm tired, sorry.
22) Josef Salvat - TOOT - I'm on the fence with this one… It gets boring but before that it sounds really nice and easy listening. It needs something to give it a final OOMPH, you get me?
23) Ivy Levan - BOOT - I feel like I insulted GaGa so much when I initially compared this girl as a 'really cheap impersonator'… cause she's just awful. :x
3015 days 1 hour ago
geovanycaldeorn
1. Slays life nothing more to say
2. Not bad not bad
3. Not sure how to feel about this one
4.my song slays life
5. Oh um not my fav but not bad
6. This is not my favorite,sorry
7.No dont like this or the artist
8. Eh whateves
9. Not the best but not the worse
10. Oh i think i like this but I'm not sure hahaha
11. Yas bitch yasssss
12. Yasss bitch yass slay life
13.oh dis one is good
14. Not my cup of tea
15.oh this os good
16. Ohhhhh i like this
17. Yes good
18. Good good good good good good
19. *cries in Spanish*
20: i hear a lot of them but idk how to feel about it
21: yas
22: *throws tomatoes in spanish*
23: i really like this
3014 days 15 hours ago
Samhuss
Previous comments aside, new ones now since I did not listen to some of these songs:
01)        Melanie Martinez - 'Carousel' – No
02)        Andee - 'Never Gone' – not a fan! Sorry!
03)        Jakubi - 'Couch Potato' – not bad :D
04)        X Ambassadors - 'Renegades' – Love love love
05)        Louane - 'Avenir' – it is ok.
06)        LP - 'Tokyo Sunrise' – yeah I still like this.
07)        Bjork - 'Innocence' – This should have scored more than 3 wtf…
08)        MisterWives - 'Our Own House' -  nah!
09)        Vanic X Machineheart - 'Circles' – not a fan!
10)        Softengine - 'The Sirens' – loves it.
11)        Kadie Elder - 'First Time He Kissed A Boy' – ok
12)        Audra Mae - 'The Real Thing' – A real good one! Typical of Catching too.. ha
13)        The Vantage - 'Place in the Water' – I like this!!! A lot…
14)        Clare Maguire - 'Don't Mess Me Around' – donno…
15)        Reliant K - 'Candlelight' – it is kinda alright…
16)        Jess Glynne - 'Hold My Hand' – LOVE LOVE LOVE.
17)        The Knocks - 'Classic (feat. Powers)' – Not a fan of this
18)        Ella Eyre - 'Together' – she slays… does not she?
19)        Dinah Nah - 'Make Me (La La La)' – good oneee mmmm
20)        BØRNS - 'Electric Love' – not bad
21)        Francesco Yates - 'Better To Be Loved' – nu uh
22)        Josef Salvat - 'Till I Found You' – I loved it, I still love it. Damn < 3 I listened to it many times after that week, it never gets old.
23)        Ivy Levan - 'Biscuit' – Mmmmmmm not sure.
3014 days 14 hours ago
CharlieBibi
Is it too late to do it rip ill do it later today

open group

Tengaged Song Contest

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!