This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Episode 17 - Finale

Topic » Episode 17 - Finale

1399 days 2 hours ago
3pi14159
Kinny and Senna, congrats on final 2! Both of you clearly have played solid games to get to this point, but now it is up to the jury of 9 to determine who played the better game to be crowned winner of The Big Survivor Brother and winner of the gift prize!

Kinny, Senna, Jury, the stage is yours. Feel free to make speeches, explain your gameplay, and ask questions to the finalists in order to come to th

Finalists, feel free to make speeches and explain your gameplay to persuade the jury that you deserve the win!

Jury, feel free to question and analyze the finalists’ strategy and gameplay enough in order to come to a conclusion as to who you decide to cast your vote for!

Everyone, jury votes will be due at 6:00PM EST on MONDAY and we will have a live reunion at 6:30PM EST where I will read the votes!
1399 days 1 hour ago
SennaRichards
First I would like to thank you all for making my first group game so fun!

At the beginning to the game I was added to a Skype chat with Washed by Ethan, we are all in the same frat, we worked together a little in the beginning but drifted apart.

I continued to work with Washed with the addition of DanielleDonato, this was my alliance in the game. these 2 really helped explain the game to me even after they were eliminated. These 2 were also bigger targets than me as they have been on Tengaged longer than I have and are known to be friends. These 2 are amazing and I am so happy I have gotten to know them.

After DD and Washed were eliminated I did not know who to work with, I had played games with Kindred in the past and know that she is a nice person. She had also posted that no one was talking to her so I thought it would be a good idea to team up.

I was absent a lot in the middle of this game due to my job, I put my personal life before the game and would do it again if I had to. I am surprised that I made it this far, but I think in a way my absence helped me get here.

The first time I was nominated I had found the POV and used it on myself. The second time I used the POV it was given to me by Kindred because she wanted to play the challenge BigBodyBones

When we got to final 6 we figured our Kindred, Ethan and I were the last survivor players and worked together to get to final 4. When neither of them messaged me who to vote at final 4 I knew I was going to be the one vote out unless Flipflops would be willing to work with me. I messaged him and offered that either both of us vote me if we thought he was getting voted so we could tie the game of if we both voted Ethan to also tie the game. Flip informed me that Ethan told him he and Kindred were putting their votes on me so Flip and I both voted Ethan in attempt to break up the strong final 2 they had. After beating Ethan in the duel we decided we needed to take out Kindred because of how many competitions she participated in and won.

Seeing that Kindred had the auto evict power and took out Flip we were not able to take her out. I know that I would be sitting in the jury house right now if I had not worked with flip at the end to tie the vote because she would have auto evicted me. I think this is one of my biggest moves in the game, I knew either way I had to play in this challenge if I wanted to stay in the game and that is exactly what I did.

Durkheim47, Burberry, Bigbodybones, ShaneDawson, and RL10 I didn’t talk to you guys and I am sorry I didn’t use this game as an opportunity to get to know you all. I hope you will consider voting for me because I have played and honest game and have worked hard to get here.

SmoothStalker12 – we didn’t talk much in this game, but you are incredibly nice and you have been fun to play with in the few games we have played together. I hope that you will consider voting for me.

Flipflops – I am sorry we didn’t work together sooner. Your willingness to work with me is the reason I am sitting here now I just wish you could be here with me.

Washed_Ravioli – you are an incredible friend, I enjoy playing games with you. you have been incredibly nice and helpful, you are hilarious and I enjoy the conversations we have had. I hope you choose to vote for me 😊

ITZ3THAN – You are one of the kindest people I have met on Tengaged, when I wasn’t online you messaged me to make sure that I was okay and I really appreciate that, you have a heart of gold! I am sorry I am the reason you are in the Jury but I hope that you can understand the moves I felt I had to make ad consider voting for me.

Kindred7 – You are a great friend and an amazing player you stepped up and used your ability to win competitions to get you to the final 2. I was hoping to be here with Flips because he was honest with me in the end and I think your ability to play the game and the moves you made to get here will get you many votes from the jury. I am not disappointed to be here with you though, you have worked hard to get here and I wish you luck in the vote.

3pi14159 – Thank you for being the host of my first ever group game! I have had fun playing and would like to apologize for not understanding everything, being absent for part of the game, and for getting confused about the time zones.
1398 days 23 hours ago
Kindred7
I’ll make my speech later but I did mail you to ask how you wanted to vote (and can pull up screenshots) but got no response at Final 4. And I was told by Ethan that Flip and he were voting you. Just wanted to clarify that bit. I’m happy to be at Final 2 with you and 3pi knows through confessionals I would not have used auto-evict on you.
1398 days 16 hours ago
Kindred7
Okay I'm just going to talk about my gameplay here. It's going to be long which is why I'm not going to really address other people's gameplay.

START OF GAME:
SO as you all know at the start of the game (the first few DCs) no one really talked to me - as I mentioned one or two people maybe messaged saying they'd want to work with me but never really actually bothered strategizing with me - and it was fine because I figured everyone here had their groups (as I said - Senna was one of like two people who messaged me and based on her post it seems like she already had another alliance). So there was no point in me trying to infiltrate an alliance where I would have to listen to people lying to me.

SECRET POWER:
I also knew immediately that for Secret Power, FlipFlops would win it because practically the entire cast was close to him. And I told 3pi this, and when he won, I wasn't surprised and it sort of gave me affirmation for not purposely reaching out.

"SOCIAL" GAME:
Instead, I voiced that no one was talking to me (and I don't think that had any effect), and also mentioned in the group chat that people can feel free to nominate me (essentially took a target off my back for a while). 3pi can attest to the fact that I did in fact nominate myself a few times and also missed 4 votes because I realized my votes would do absolutely nothing since there were alliances that were established already and no one cared for my vote. I figured they'd care for it eventually when I showed I was a strong competitor and not someone they can easily beat, which is exactly what happened.

GAMEPLAY:
I finally went up for 11th place - I won the challenge, and realized we get clues for Auto-Evicts. I also realized if anyone else got the Auto Evict, I was a goner because although challenges are within our control, any public popularity poll I was a huge threat. And given everyone's hesitation to talk to me, I knew I was a favourite for being auto-evicted. So after that, I basically got myself nominated - I didn't care against whom. It didn't matter to me - I could either be taken out with an auto-evict advantage or someone could take me out through a challenge - may as well play hard, and be in control of when I am eliminated from the game.

ME GOING UP FOUR TIMES: Essentially out of 4 times that I was nominated, I nominated myself 3 times. - reasoning explained above.

AUTO-EVICT ADVANTAGE: I found it before we even had to vote for who would enter the challenge for 7th place. FYI I was NEVER planning on using the auto-evict on ANYONE who talked to me this game.
In fact I felt bad even using it on FlipFlops and almost didn't because I don't like the fact that it just comes out of the blue, but this is just a game, and I did probably bust my ass the most in this game as far as challenges went to get a hold of this, and Flip and I never talked in this game. I also know if our roles were reversed it would've been used on me.

IDOLS - I found two idols; neither of which I used on myself.
8TH PLACE IDOL -- Although Senna claims I used the idol to save her so I could purposely go up against BigBody, I only used it on her because she was saying she was really stressed / busy and I wanted to stay loyal to the 2-3 people who had talked to me (even if there had been no strategic talk). If she had been active, she would've seen that BigBody was at like 1 day, and I had literally mailed the entire cast asking if anyone wanted to be pulled into the challenge with me - no one responded. So I chose him. I knew I could beat either one, and honestly he was the harder one to beat because I thought he was away, but he did come online and was a REALLY tough opponent.

SIXTH PLACE IDOL -- I knew already that the BB side was going to nominate Ethan. I had mailed both Ethan and Senna saying I'd keep them safe and get them to merge. And we all know how this was the week where two people were going to go from one tribe. May as well not be mine. I knew that smooth/flip were tight, so they were a threat in final 4 (both challenge-wise and because they likely would vote together 100% of the time). However, I realized if we nominated someone from the OT, and then I played my idol on Ethan (e.g.), they would drag Senna into the challenge. Best bet would be the following:
- I asked both senna / ethan to vote me into the challenge
- Ethan gets nominated by OT - we idol him, and I pick my opponent.
- the reason I picked durkheim was two fold: 1) smooth had bothered talking to me, and i didn't want to turn on him.   2) flip + smooth were both strong competitors + had a strong alliance. If I took Flip (e.g.) into the challenge, I was sure Smooth would destroy subsequent challenges. I figured it was just smarter to let them eliminate one of them, and I'd deal with Durk who ended up being a really strong contender and I lost sleep yet again :( but he was a good sport.

--- honestly none of this affected me much. I had my auto-evict advantage already before Final 7. I knew I was strong at challenges, so even if someone on my tribe lost, I would be the one they'd have to face for 5th place, and I was confident in my abilities. WORST case they got close to beating me, I could use my auto-evict on someone on the OT and the challenge would get nullified. I was essentially guaranteed merge - and better yet I was guaranteed Final 3 as upon merge, I could use my auto-evict on someone in F4 (however, I risked myself for 6th place just to save both my tribemates), and because it was the smarter move to make and well worth the risk.

FINAL 4 - I won final 4 immunity, and I was SUPER tempted to use my auto-evict immediately, but it didn't make sense to, so I just let it play out. Ethan mailed me fairly early on saying Flip was worried about his safety and was willing to vote Senna - I honestly did NOT want to vote this round but 3PI told me if I missed another vote, I'D get eliminated. As I said, I did mail Senna asking how she was planning on voting and got no response (because I had also heard that Flip was concerned that I was voting Flip with someone else - never part of my plan because I was never planning on using my auto-evict on Senna or Ethan so it was smarter to keep Flip safe until final 3, and use it then).

FINAL 3 - used my auto-evict

FINAL 2 - I'm happy to be here with Senna - I'm sorry for voting you in Final 4 but I hope you understand why I did given the reasoning I provided.

JURY: I think given that I had no alliances coming in, no one wanted to talk to me initially, I was definitely a popularity threat (outside of the members in this game) for challenges, I played an extremely strategic game. I showed loyalty to the people who even bothered speaking to me once and tried my best to get everyone as far along as I could without completely screwing myself over.

I was willing to sacrifice my game and was honestly worried I might go home at Final 6 with an auto-evict in my pocket at some point after using an idol on someone else. I also tried to be fair to everyone and always asked if anyone wanted to be nominated (which I know no one wants to but I mean I was nominating myself even for 20th place - I remember 3pi mailing me being like "uhh you do realize this is for potential elimination right?" but I just wanted to play a fun game and be as loyal as possible.

I was one of the top 3 strongest at challenges, and played a VERY patient + calculated game which got me to where I am. I worked hard to get here and I truly think I deserve your vote to win. However, even if I don't get your vote, I am proud of my gameplay and am a winner in my mind. I will be happy irrespective of the results.

TL;DR: Please vote me to win. Thank you :)
1397 days ago
3pi14159
Waiting for one more jury vote. I will mail all of you once that vote comes in.
1397 days ago
SennaRichards
👍 I might be at the emergency vet still (I am now 🙁) but I'll keep checking in
1395 days 22 hours ago
3pi14159
If i dont get the final jury vote by Friday morning, I will call in a new member to the jury.
1394 days 9 hours ago
3pi14159
Reuinion @ 5PM EST Tomorrow (Friday)!!!
1394 days 8 hours ago
ITZ3THAN
Good luck guys
1393 days 8 hours ago
3pi14159
Also, would anyone be objected if i posted my messy voting chart?

(which is basically how each player voted each time, so yeah you will be exposed)

if you dont want me to, either comment here or mail me and i will refrain
1393 days 2 hours ago
3pi14159
Reunion starting at 5:05 with reading of the votes at 5:10!
1393 days 2 hours ago
3pi14159
Alright lets get to it! Just wanna say thank you all for playing and I hope you guys enjoyed your time here :)
1393 days 2 hours ago
3pi14159
The Reunion plan

- read the votes
- overview of how i thought each player played along with whether they were survivor/big brother
- more details about the game
- final ranking of all 20 players (even though there wasnt too much to base this off of)
1393 days 2 hours ago
3pi14159
Lets now get to the votes! The 9 jurors either voted for Kinny (Kindred7) or Senna (SennaRichards) to win. Lets get to the votes!
1393 days 2 hours ago
3pi14159
First vote...
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
Kinny (Kindred7)
1393 days 2 hours ago
3pi14159
Second vote...
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
Kinny (Kindred7)

open group

The Big Survivor Brother

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!