This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

S10: Finale

Topic » S10: Finale

1405 days 8 hours ago
Birks4444
I don't know what to ask so I'm going to ask both of y'all what you liked about me while playing!! or just say whatever about me to make me FEEL something.

Hey Nick!!! I'm assuming you already saw what I said my "first" impressions of you were, so Im going to talk primarily about you in this game. I'm going to break it up because I feel like there's multiple answers to this.

Nick The Player
I love the way you play this game. You're super capable when it comes to competitions, but the way you establish relationships and have a stronghold on them is extremely impressive and lowkey makes me jelly. You're sneaky when you need to be, incredibly strategic, and you have an amazing social game. I think you're the type of player who will go far every time, sort of like an Andrea Boehlke.

Nick The Person
I adore you. When you put me up I felt so betrayed and I was extremely petty, but you kept reaching out to me and were patient with me. The conversation we had the night we made up, is 100% my favourite conversation of the game. You're so funny and energetic and it really comes across in everything you do. I love that you're like basically a professional bowler and I hate that you're better than me at Curve Fever. You're extremely charismatic and very kind.

I was really expecting Logan vs Macken so wow.

I feel like this is one of my strong points! I was making it to the F2 regardless of who won HOH, just like in Season 7.

I love you and im so glad we made up <3
1405 days 8 hours ago
Birks4444
So I guess with all I have said, why should I vote for you? Why should your name be the one next to my name on James's chart? I don't want to hear about your game. I just want you to tell me what you know about me as a person that should let me vote for you. Because at this point, my vote is leaning more so to hoping the other person loses rather than one of you wins. So I guess try to change my mind, and I'll vote for whoever does that the best.

First of all I want to sincerely apologize about everything that you said, because it is true. I know you don't want to hear from me in this way, but I swear you are the only person who i've messaged after their elimination. I know I hurt you and I feel like a shitty person for doing that. I care about you and our friendship and don't want to see that end over this game. I hope that we can repair it.

Regarding the Halting Hex, I promise you it wasn't without reason. I didn't tell a single soul in or outside of this game about that. I wanted to keep it a secret so that I wouldnt feel pressured to use it on anyone, since I was playing all sides. With the premade rumour, I know that was going around a lot, and I contributed to it, so Im not going to make excuses.

Regarding why you should vote for me on a personal level. I want to obviously clarify that you don’t owe me anything and I dont expect or demand your vote. I think I can make some points over why I should get your vote over Logan though. While I hurt you on a personal level, I never attacked your character or insulted who you are as a person. I know that’s an extremely low bar, but I would never cross that and Id hope that you would know that. Everything I ever said about you was positive about you as a person or you as a player.

Secondly, I think you understand more than anyone what its like to lose the game for playing the game. My loss in Season 7 was very similar to yours, in that I never personally came for anyone, I won the competitions to beat those who were after me and I was crucified for that and ended up being personally attacked. Id hope that you would consider that as a point of relation, again not that you would owe me a vote, because that is absolutely not the case, but I think you get what its like to lose in that way and how much that hurts.

As a person, I know that you are caring, extremely smart and funny. I also know that you work extremely hard and are a huge gamer. I know you said you dont care about the gameplay aspect as much in this particular case, but hopefully you can vote for me for those reasons + me being able to get here with a big target coming in and I can’t reiterate it enough, I really hope we can move forward from this. I feel like you were really becoming one of my go to people on this site and I dont want to lose that at all. It is 100% my fault that you feel the way you do and I take accountability for that and will do as much as I can to mend our relationship.
1405 days 8 hours ago
Christian_
Okay well thanks for both of you for answering so promptly.

Nothing really settled it one way or the other for me so I don't have anything else to say but if something strikes me I guess I'll see.

Maybe I will have to consult my good friend Miss Wheel Decide.

Good luck.
1405 days 7 hours ago
Birks4444
Hey Josh! Tysm for asking and giving me this chance.

1. Were you ever being genuine with me about our working together? Or were you just lying to advance your own game?

I was 100% genuine about wanting to work with you. A lot of the times, Logan and Macken would mention how close we were and would want me to convince you to do something or vote a particular way and I never wanted to do that because I felt like that would have been me trying to take you for granted. Regarding putting you up, I hated doing it. Unfortunately I think you were one of the people I lied to most and that sucks. You were not actually the person I was least close to, but I had to put you up because if I didn't my targets would stay. If I had nominated Nick at F8, he would have left 3-2. And then at F6 the offer to take out Logan didnt serve my game at all because I would be at the bottom the next round. It sucks because you're genuinely one of my favourite people in this game and we obviously had a close bond. It was never personal, as you know and it was sucky to have to do it, but I think even though you had my back, by not putting you up id be keeping people who didn't have my back, and by consequence, I wouldnt be sitting here right now.

2. Why did you feel it necessary to say you were going to do certain things and then not follow through with your word?

This was something I particularly did after the double and I did it to create a facade that I was at the bottom and that I was expendable so that people would NOT put me up. If I voiced distrust about Logan and Macken, people would be more willing to keep me in than if I didnt. Most of the time, I actually did plan on keeping my word, but in this game things change all the time so my plans would often switch. I tried to be honest whenever I could, but not following through on what I said was a big part of my game and helped me get here.
1405 days 7 hours ago
Jxhn
Hey guys, so congrats on making it this far. I'll be the first to admit I was not rooting for this to be the final 2, but the fact that it was gives me some solace in knowing I was right about needing to target y'all's alliance.

From my perspective, one of you clearly wore the pants in the alliance so there won't be very much that can change my mind.

Logan - I do think that of the two of you, you played the better game and pulled strings even when you weren't in power. Let's take the week I was evicted as an example. Macken was HOH and was willing to change attention from me to Jordan. Macken confirmed that Birks would also be willing but it was you that put a stop to it. I don't fault you for that. We both nominated each other previously but it is a testament to the game you played that even though two people wanted to make a different move AND they had the power to make their own decision, they followed your lead instead. Jordan stayed and later he vetoed you too. Was I originally upset by the decision? Of course - I have a big ego and hate to lose. But you clearly made right decisions and had enough power and influence to pave your way to the end. You also had no business staying Week 3 as a bigger threat, but clearly made the right deals to save your ass without a comp.

My question to you Logan: When we first started talking Week 2 during your HOH, you said you'd be campaigning to help me stay. Help me understand to what extent you were genuine with me. It's a game and lying is a part of it so don't think I'll be pissed with your answer. I'm a calm and grounded Taurus. After all, we targeted each other and it was warranted. Was your strategy that week to truly help me or moreover to eliminate Vlad and save face with me?

Birks - You are right I do know what it's like to be in your shoes. When I lost my original season, I lost by one vote because I did not make enough relationships or betrayed ones that I valued. You being my friend and reneging on it is one thing, but what really ground my gears this season was when I asked you who influenced your decision to not go forward with the backdoor Jordan plan, you refused to say. That would've been a good time to publicly take ownership and say you made a move of your own. Instead, you fecklessly decided to redact Logan's name to "not betray your alliance's trust" or "let other people in on your ~secret alliance~." Newsflash: we all knew, it was an obvious alliance. I asked you first nicely for honesty. You continued to be vague with me which is whatever but you seemed to forget I was going the jury. If we're going off of learning from a previous season, you clearly did not learn how to manage jury relationships.

Birks: my question to you is - why should I justify voting for you when you refused to give me the straight-up honesty that I deserved as a "friend" and furthermore, vote you over Logan, who decided what you were doing with your veto the week I was evicted?
1405 days 7 hours ago
Birks4444
Birks: my question to you is - why should I justify voting for you when you refused to give me the straight-up honesty that I deserved as a "friend" and furthermore, vote you over Logan, who decided what you were doing with your veto the week I was evicted?

John, Logan was not the reason I didnt use the veto at all. Macken can confirm that Logan was not pulling the strings. And I dont think its a game of integrity or taking leadership for the sake of taking leadership. I dont need to prove that I'm an individual player and that I know how to be in control, because I've already done that various times. Why would I tell you who wasnt on board? How does that serve my game in any positive way? What that does is show that Im incredibly untrustworthy. I didn't use the veto to further show Macken and Nicky that they could trust me. I didnt once ask Logan for his stance that week. I never claimed it would expose an alliance, my issue was that it would be ratting out a close ally in Macken. Its inaccurate to say Logan was controlling things and I followed. I havent played 73 days of this game and I didnt come back for a 3rd time to sheep someone. I made my own decisions every step of the way and I've backed that up. It isn't smart of me to make everyone distrust me just to swap one big threat on the block for another. Logan did not decide what I was doing with my veto, I did. And for me the best move was not using it. Logan was not once messaged that round for insight on whether or not I used the veto. I make my own decisions.
1405 days 7 hours ago
Haykee
My question to you Logan: When we first started talking Week 2 during your HOH, you said you'd be campaigning to help me stay. Help me understand to what extent you were genuine with me. It's a game and lying is a part of it so don't think I'll be pissed with your answer. I'm a calm and grounded Taurus. After all, we targeted each other and it was warranted. Was your strategy that week to truly help me or moreover to eliminate Vlad and save face with me?

Hey John, thanks for your question!

I want to first thank you for your kind words. During week 2 after the pov was used, I was originally like "do what you want, just don't make it tie." and then when it came out that it might tie I was like "VOTE VLAD" because at that point I thought that Vlad would be the bigger threat for me personally going forward. I was able to flip some last minute votes. While I didn't campaign from minute one, I did campaign for you by the end. Between your two choices it turned into eliminate Vlad and hope to work with you going forward.
1405 days 7 hours ago
jojo7784
You know my mind is pretty much made up already but let’s see if my mind can be changed.

My question is a fairly simple one, why do you not deserve to win?

My game had a lot of flaws and I have been able to recognize them and see why I lost (other than a backdoor that made absolutely no sense) and I want to see if you guys have the self awareness to recognize the errors in your game.
1405 days 6 hours ago
Birks4444
My game had a lot of flaws and I have been able to recognize them and see why I lost (other than a backdoor that made absolutely no sense) and I want to see if you guys have the self awareness to recognize the errors in your game.

Hi Joey, I think a reason I dont deserve to win would be the lying. I overestimated how much lies affect people and I should have taken that into account more when playing the game. While I was always honest about how I was going to vote when I was asked, I lied about how I was feeling and what I thought was going in the game in order to progress a lot. I thought that this being an all returnee season, lying would be more respected but thats a flaw in me for not reading the room. I will say I didnt see myself getting here without lying, but regardless of that its still a flaw because it's left a sour taste in a lot of people's mouths.
1405 days 6 hours ago
Birks4444
-------------------------------------Statement for All Jurors----------------------------------------------
This wasn’t a question asked by anyone but I want to take the time to dispel this notion that the 3 person alliance of myself, Logan and Macken was a dictatorship. As I’ve said before, I am not a sheep when it comes to any game. Im going to use Season 7 as an example. Shortly after we hit the jury phase, I controlled the game for the rest of the season and made it to the Final 2. I took out every threat to my game, had good relationships with everyone and won 4 HOHs.

The second point I want to make is that while I have taken into account all the comments made tonight and I 100% agree that the lying was distasteful, I dont think there is a play made by me in this game that can be looked at as the wrong decision. I respect Logan’s game as well but I dont think his HOH in Week 2 was played well. He had campaigned to keep John, when John was the smarter move in that scenario and it proved to be true when John won HOH the next round and Logan, Latisha and Grace were nominated. Latisha got evicted and Logan was 4 votes away from leaving himself. That week was not played to benefit Logan’s game whereas I feel like I made the correct decisions in who I nominated both times I won HOH. I made big shots at the right time. Logan winning HOH early on twice put a target on his back for the rest of the game. My philosophy will always be to work smart and not hard.

Taking into account 3 facets of the game, I won 5 competitions this season; 2 HOHs, 2 POVs and the Power Competition. I was one of the last people to get nominated, proving my social game and I am the ONLY houseguest this season to not receive any official votes to evict. Strategically, I positioned myself for success and used lying as a way of maneuvering every week. I hope you guys can respect the fact that I am the only person in 10 seasons to make it here twice.
1405 days 6 hours ago
Birks4444
If you guys have any other qualms or questions, please do ask, I want to explain my game as best as possible and leave this game somewhat satisfied knowing I tried my hardest.
1405 days 6 hours ago
NotNicky333
It’s gonna be a hard vote.

Logan was the obvious front runner, and y’all let him get to the end. However, Birks and I had my fav convo all game the night before I left.

Now the negatives.. BIRKS I EVICTED YOU! I think you played well but I got you out of the game!! Also you knew Logan was the front runner and you had chances to vote him {against me!} yet he’s still here in the end. Now Logan relied a bit on comps in the end when he should have been in the middle of Birks and macken. Also the way you handled the whole final 5 between us macken and Jordan and Cody kind of disgusts me...? I’m not really sure what it is but it puts an icky feeling in my stomach.

Nonetheless I love both of y’all and glad you made it!! Happy with whoever winning. Voting on gameplay... I think.
1405 days 6 hours ago
Birks4444
Thanks for the compliments Nick! While I agree that having to use the Halting Hex is a knock against me, I also did earn it. I relied on a twist, but Logan also relied on a twist twice (Double Votes) when they weren't his own so I think that kinda balances out. Me and Grace switching teams at Final 16 wasn't actually planned before the season. https://imgur.com/DDK6cXO

So that twist, that helped me switch teams and give the topdogs an extra number, along with the twist of the team with the most members at Final 12 getting extra votes, accumulates to 3 advantages that Logan had to rely on in order to stay at Final 9 and Final 7 respectively.

When it comes to the twist factor, I do think I relied a LOT less on competitions AND twists despite me coming into the game with a larger target.
1405 days 5 hours ago
sergeant
Thank you both for answering my questions. This is definitely going to be a tough decision for me to make!
1405 days 5 hours ago
IceBeast
I haven't made up my mind yet, but I am just saying my vote will not be going to how anyone played in a previous season or based off of any records.

Birks - you mentioned that you didn't follow through with getting out threats that you said you would. The perception and constant stating of Logan being the one to beat makes him a bigger jury threat if he makes it to the end. The jury loves being validated in what they were saying before they left. What do you have to say about this in terms of jury management and why should we vote for you when you were part of why Logan made it to the end.

Logan - You stated that you wouldn't be here if it were not for Macken or Birks. What I want to know is that if on the weeks that you were nominated, would you have won the POV if it were not for your alliance picking who won?

open group

JR Big Brother S16 - Ghost Island

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!