This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

101 - "Kids In America"

Topic » 101 - "Kids In..

2118 days 19 hours ago
Finnick
Mar. 23, 1998 - 1:37 am
Perdido Beach Nuclear Power Plant

Two men sit in the control booth of the power plant, one sipping on his third cup of coffee and the other sitting back with his boots propped on the desk in front of him. It’s six hours into their twelve hour shift and they’re struggling to stay awake.

Coffee: Time for a walkthrough, Stevens.

Stevens: Fuck that, I did the last two. You go, lazy bastard.

He stretches, not inclined to move. His name is Arnold Stevens, he’s worked there for two years. The other, Sam Barton, barely started two months back.

Barton: Okay, sure.

Barton picks up his keys and a flashlight and walks out the door.

---

https://assets.teenvogue.com/photos/579a4c0cc487ee73046beacb/master/w_757,c_limit/18_Stranger-Things.gif

He makes his way through Tower A without issue before walking into Tower B. As soon as he crosses the threshold, something feels off. The air, it’s as warm as the other but something about it raises the hair on his arms. He shakes the feeling off and continues walking through, looking for anything out of the usual.

Barton jumps at the sound of a buzzing, his walkie.

Stevens: What’s taking so long in there?

Barton: Fuck off. I’m almost done.

He barely moves the walkie back to his belt when the ground around him starts to shift. Barton feels himself lifted into the air as the warning sirens go off. Something is wrong in the reactor. He looks around himself in disbelief and terror when as quickly as the siren started, it stops. He falls to the ground.

Barton: … Stevens?

He reaches for the walkie when the tower containing the reactor collapses. The last thing Barton sees before he dies is a flash of green light as his body is buried deep below ground with a massive stock of Uranium.

Miles away, two people drive down Highway One as a meteorite streaks towards the ground, temporarily turning the Perdido Beach sky a bright green.

https://i.gifer.com/1tzW.gif
---
2118 days 19 hours ago
Finnick
---
September 3rd, 2018 - 7:27 am
Reid Household

Jeremy stands outside his house as the bus to comes to a stop. It’s the first day of school and he’s dreading it. He reluctantly walks onto the bus and takes his seat near an older girl. Denee Montgomery. Denee is 16 but she doesn’t have a car yet.

Jeremy: Good morning.
Denee: Hey, Jeremy. You excited for school? There’s going to be an assembly first thing.

https://78.media.tumblr.com/93b58532b3c447e42baff9956f975412/tumblr_inline_oll8c1NSuc1t80jpm_250.gif

Jeremy shrugs, thinking that’s a stupid question.

Jeremy: No? Are you?

Denee smiles and grabs his hand.

Denee: Of course I am. I can’t wait for Student Council to start.

Jeremy doesn’t know why but a sense of calm rushes over him and he starts to believe that everything will be alright. It won’t, but for that second it seems like it might.

---

September 3rd, 2018 9:15 am
Santa Katrina Hills

Terren Joseph is standing outside of the cabin he’s been staying in for the past two weeks. It’s abandoned and leads to a mineshaft down the valley that he hasn’t dared to venture into. It’s quiet and well stocked. Even so, it doesn’t have the best source of clean drinking water so he plans to go down to Perdido Beach to stock up for the week.

As he walks outside with his backpack on his shoulder, he hears a yipping around the back of the cabin. He groans, he’s had to chase off coyotes for weeks now.

He walks around to look and sure enough, there’s a coyote eating… something.

Terren: Get out of here!

The coyote looks up, letting go of his meal and runs off yipping loudly. Terren lets the tension in his shoulders go as he walks up to inspect the dead animal on the ground.

Laying there in a bloody heap is something Terren can’t explain. He isn’t sure but he doesn’t think rabbits are supposed to have claws that big or sharp. He picks it up and puts it in his backpack.

https://78.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lx1ke981U41r8q9yeo1_500.gif

---
2118 days 19 hours ago
Finnick
September 3rd, 2018 - 9:28 am
Clifftop Hotel

Atticus Reddington leans against his parents car as he waits to get the hell out of Perdido Beach. His sister is hugging his mom and dad. She’s just gotten married and is about to head to the airport for her honeymoon. Meanwhile Atticus wants to go home.

Atticus: Are we leaving soon? It’s a four hour drive.
Sister: Come on, Atti. You can leave a little late.
Atticus: We really can’t. We need to get gas.

Dad: Why don’t you do that? Fill up and come back. We’ll be ready to go.
Atticus: The gas station is all the way in Perdido Beach.
Mom: It’s a small town, it’ll take fifteen minutes.

He shrugs, taking the keys to the car he’s usually not allowed to drive. Score. He doesn’t realize it’s the last time he’ll see his parents for a while, if ever again.
---

Here we are! The premiere of Gone.

Now: Your characters are at school, about to go to the school assembly. Atticus is heading to a gas station down Highway One. Terren is heading down the hills to find his car and drive down to Perdido Beach.
At 7: The assembly will happen. Everyone disappears.
Later: Exploring and freaking out.
Tomorrow: Groups will head out to different areas to scout.

Do not post until 6 PM EST on Monday.
2118 days 19 hours ago
Finnick
***Do not post until 6 PM EST on Monday.***
2118 days ago
Kgamer2218
( https://i.imgur.com/MBpWjLK.gif)
2118 days ago
Finnick
*The buses arrive at school*

YOU MAY NOW POST
2118 days ago
JennaValentina
*Raylei gets off the bus and looks around, before heading inside.*
2118 days ago
noobsmoke13
*Terren steps toward his car*

Damn, that thing stinks.
*he throws his backpack into the trunk with the bloody heap inside*
That smell may never wash out.
*He gets into his car and drives down the beach with 'Should I Stay or Should I Go?' by The Clash blaring*
2118 days ago
bigdizzleyomama
*van has his bag on one shoulder he gets off the bus*
^this is so dumb. Why cant i drive my parents car here? Such shit^
2118 days ago
Kgamer2218
(oops I'm a early hoe)
*Reo walks out of his bus and puts one headphone in *
Reo : school eh
2118 days ago
Pokepat
Wyatt exits his father's car, waving goodbye and walking towards the entrance of the school.
2118 days ago
Finnick
*Denee gets off her bus, smiling*
^I can't wait for another great year.^
2118 days ago
JennaValentina
*Raylei looks at her locker inside.*
^No one even uses their lockers anymore.^
2118 days ago
Maya10
Derp)
2118 days ago
noobsmoke13
*Terren drives into town with all of his windows down*
*an adult yells at him about the loud music*
2118 days ago
Rain848
https://media1.tenor.com/images/70b74fafabfae63c04b9416db323cda8/tenor.gif?itemid=10846524

*Glances down the hall looking around*

open group

Gone

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!