This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Final Tribal Council - Jambalaya

Topic » Final Tribal Council -..

2172 days 17 hours ago
Vlad21
We'll now bring our members of the jury. Timothy, Dylan, Will, Garrett, Glen, Hufus and Hoop voted out at the last Tribal Council.
Greg, Sergio and James congratulations. It really is quite an accomplishment to get to day 39, but it is not the goal. The goal is to win this game. Tonight the jury, 7 people that you voted out of this game will decide who wins.

It is now time for you three to plead your cases to the jurors as to why you should win this game. You will each post an opening statement, explaining your gameplay, why you deserve to win, and anything else you would like to say to the jury.

ONCE all three of you have posted your opening statements, the jurors will be allowed to begin asking their questions, and post their speeches. Jurors you can ask any of the finalists anything you wish.

Jurors, you have 48 hours from the time this final Tribal Council has been posted to send me your jury vote to win, and to the final 3, 48 hours to convince the jury as to why you should be crowned the sole survivor. I hope to have everyones jury vote by then. It's time to find out who the third winner of VLAD'S SURVIVOR will be.

With that, good luck to each of you, and you may begin.
2172 days 17 hours ago
J2999
Coming into this I knew very few people. The original tribe phase, I stated building some relationships, and forming a couple of one in one alliances. I confidently got through the first few votes, until the F16 vote. Glen played his idol and I was stuck in a revote situation. From then I built a couple of more relationships and ending up getting enough votes to ensure I’d be safe.

Tribe swap 1

The closest person I was to on this tribe was Sergio. We continued our strong bond and I made amends with Hoop which meant I had another ally. I also knew Dylan, meaning I had 3 relationships landing me in a pretty comfortable position. That meant for me the only tribal we went to as that tribe was a pretty easy decision.

MERGE

I’ll go over this stage vote by vote

11th- I was in the minority here. I was helping push for votes to be on Glen which ultimately failed. However, after the vote I quickly used my social skills to find out who voted who, and I built stronger bonds with the people who voted with me.

10th- wasn’t at this vote

9th- I believe I had quite a bit of control this vote. Will brought forward the idea to vote Dylan, I pushed for it with Hufus, overall a pretty easy vote. Also a smart vote, Dylan had a great social game.

8th- Hated this vote. My closest ally was voted out. However, I had done quite a bit this vote. I had helped guarantee we had the votes to finally send a social threat, Glen, out the game. It would’ve happened and Will and Hufus’ votes not been cancelled.

7th- ok I was quite inactive for this vote, I sent Glen and tried pushing for that but it was too late.

6th- I was more active again, and I brought forward the idea TJ finally vote Glen with multiple people and racked up the votes. Out of all the game, I personally feel this was MY biggest and most individual move

5th- I had the legacy advantage from loyal legend Will which ensured my position in the F4. My strategy was to push for Hoop to be voted, I brought up the idea with everyone as it would hopefully either mean that 1- Hoop would be our or 2- They’d think I wanted Hufus to stay so much that they’d vote me and my advantage would ultimately send Hoop out the game.

Sure it didn’t go as planned, but the fact I was pushing Hoop over Hufus quite a lot and they didn’t vote me portrays how my social game had worked well as it built the relationships to save me.

4th- I knew Sergio was going to vote me some point as he saw me as his biggest threat left other than himself. However, I’d built a strong enough relationship with Greg in game and from the past to ensure he wouldn’t vote me. It worked and I beat Hoop in the tiebreaker, which ensured my position here.

Why should I win?

I think I had the strongest social game and built the strongest relationships out of the F3. I didn’t receive votes since F16 until F6. This wasn’t because I wasn’t seen as a threat, it’s becuase this is when I ensured I could have strong social relationships without being seen as a threat. I received a vote at F6 purely because Glen didn’t know what was going on, as I ensured HE was the vote so people didn’t leak by speaking to him.  And In my opinion I only received votes at F4 because people finally clicked to my strategy, though it was too late.
2172 days 17 hours ago
J2999
Ask any questions, and I appreciate any votes <3
Good luck Greg and Sergio
2172 days 17 hours ago
lhooper902976
You got lucky that I got spammed block, otherwise I could have beat you.
2172 days 17 hours ago
J2999
We both got spam blocked....
If you were catching up I'd have just have spammed more hahah, gg nonetheless
2172 days 17 hours ago
lhooper902976
Can't wait to give you guys my questions. I'm going to be the devil's advocate after the rest of the opening statements are made by greg and sergio.
2172 days 16 hours ago
IceBeast
Congrats on final 3!

I am completely undecided on who to vote as I had good relationships with all 3 of you, and am not sure what type of winner I want yet so I will be reading every word you write and taking everything to consideration.

I will ask questions after I read the speeches
2172 days 15 hours ago
sihz
First and foremost, congratulations to my fellow tribemates James and Greg on making as far as we could. It was definitely not an easy road for anyone with often ups and downs here and there. To the rest of the cast it was great playing with all of you, it was a fun game.

Moving on, before I explain my journey throughout this game I want to say that this game was definitely my redemption from my failed past experiences. I specifically played two consecutive games where I made the very end and was cut short off finals because I was a jury threat due to my very outstanding gameplay, and the reason I didn't win both times (3rd and 4th place) was because of my absolutely bad physical game as I'm not known for being a challenge beast; so coming here I had to reevaluate my personal strategy and realize that just avoiding bullets wasn't gonna be enough to win and needed to step it up to make up for my weakness, in this case my challenge skills and I feel like I did that. I tend to think of myself as a good strategist while remaining socially approachable, but this time around I felt like I also brought it in the challenge aspect and this is what I'm going to explain now.

I saw the cast and was like uh this is gonna be messy considering there's about 5 people playing in another game I was playing at the same time but I said to myself, I can't let it stop me from making moves I can always find a way out. And the first days I spent on trying to make connections and made it through successfully but then the swap came and I'm pretty sure we all nearly shat our pants as there were 3 tribes of 5, which meant NOWHERE to hide LOL. I made stronger bonds with Hoop and James, I already had made them with Dylan the previous tribe so I secured myself in all angles and were able to vote out Alycia. I have to mention that the best advantage I could have possibly have gotten, I got it in the challenge where the highest scores from both tribes would get one, I had the luck of getting to CANCEL 2 VOTES AT ANY TRIBAL, I didn't share this with anyone at all because that would have been my demise.

Merge came around at f11, Glenn had the biggest target from everyone in the tribe and while he approached me to vote out Patrick who was the counter vote. Patrick seemed to be the "easy" vote so everyone went with it except a few that almost get Glenn voted out so I survived a very split vote, I was jumping of happiness at this split because like in the Game of Thrones they say, "Chaos isn't a pit, chaos is a ladder" and I saw a bright opportunity inside this madness.

F10, the shocking twist of the season was an absolute BOMB. I had made a lot of connections however, all of them ended up in the other tribe (Will, James, Hufus, Dylan Garret) and I was stuck with the people I least knew of (Glenn, Greg, Hoop, Timothy) like literally this couldn't have been any more unwanted for my own personal game because not only did I not want my group but also someone who I trusted from the other tribe was getting the chop no matter who the person was. I focused on my tribe only because I had 1 in 4 shot of going home so I approached Greg, someone who thought was already going home bc he didn't know anyone but we could help each other. I really needed to secure myself on every angle, Glenn told me to vote Hoop, but then Hoop and I compared notes and Glenn also told Hoop to blindside me soooooooooo Glenn was definitely setting US up; mind you, this might have been the crucial information to make a decision, Glenn told ME that Timothy was his sheep so I got Greg on board with Hoop and I to split Glenn/Timothy but since Glenn had the necklace, Timothy was shockingly voted out. On a side note, Timothy and I had just played another game where I also blindsided him so what makes me think he isn't seeking for revenge? I had no more reason to keep him.

With the double tribal taking place, Dylan a close ally was no longer in the game, but the game goes on and we were down to f8. I think this was a turning point where I realized this was gonna be a battle of the 2 tribes that were divided at the double. I managed to snatch a immunity win and it was not an easy road and after holding conversations with everyone I realized that Will had Garret, Hufus and James wrapped around his finger. Will is a very close friend of mine and I already made the mistake of letting him go so far in a previous experience with him because I thought we were playing Barney and friends where him and I would take each other to f3 and that wasn't the case because I forgot this was Survivor. I knew Will was likeable enough to win, I knew how big of a challenge beast he was, I knew of what he was capable of and on top of that he already had a big alliance that was pushing for Glenn to go but then I had the tough task to turn the game around for my own good with my advantage. With two of their votes being cancelled, I only needed Glenn and Hoop to do what I said and I executed it exactly the way I expected it to be. I learned from my mistake that time and moved on to play the game I wanted.

F7 and the weight felt a bit lighter, I managed to snatch another win and I thought that cutting down one of their numbers wasn't enough to position myself in a better spot and even though I had connection with Garret, he wouldn't have put me above others in the game. We weren't as close as he was with James and Hufus so I had to make another tough decision. Glenn once again was the main target but keeping him would take the target off my back and I could use him as a number as he had no other choice. It really wasn't a personal vote, none of them were though.

6 players remain and to my misfortune, I wasn't able to play the challenge since I didn't know it was happening. I thought my fate was already sealed after I won 2 immunities and on top of that I had single-handedly blindsided Will before but I didn't give up, I did freak out tho cuz that's just my nature LMFAO the target remained on Glenn, he wasn't active enough so him and I could reach a conversation, and while I told Hoop to vote for James, it was too late for me to turn tables so I went with what majority said to spare myself another day and once the votes were read, my loyalties with Greg, James, Hufus and Hoop were proven when Glenn was finally voted out, I feel like his time was actually overdue after I saved him so many times. This is how I can prove people that I didn't solely rely on immunities to stay in the game and prove that my social game was always alive and not muted by my immunity because even after I turned on that big alliance taking out Will and Garret, they still trusted me. I have to say though that another reason of why I played a strong physical game was because I knew there was another advantage still in the game from the same time I won mine and I didn't want to end up in the losing end of the outcome of its play, I couldn't risk my own safety knowing I could have lost.

Final 5 came around and after the last vote I sensed that Greg was actually close with James when I suggested him to vote James out the round before and therefore I felt like I was in danger. Even though James and I communicated a lot, we always voted in different ways, which speaks volumes that in this game you might not always agree with people as long as you keep each other safe, numbers are numbers. I was able to win another immunity, huge sigh of relief at f5 but my plan was to finally get James out of the game and with Greg not giving me clear answers I knew there was water under the bridge. It was basically me and Hoop vs James/Greg/Hufus but Hufus seemed to be inactive he would self vote, and with his self vote plus mine and Hoop's he was voted off, I wish he woulda been more active in the last rounds because I feel like him and I would have accomplished a lot of things but sadly that didn't happen. I have a disclaimer to counter James' argument that his social game was so good that we didn't end up voting for him, because the reason why we didn't was because Hufus was self-voting and therefore I decided to not take the risk on him to keep Hoop by my side, and it happened exactly how I wanted. In another world maybe I would have voted for James and he would have voted for me if I didn't have that immunity but to my luck, I was immune.

Down to four players there wasn't much to do other than win the final immunity to secure my spot at f3 which is huge to me considering the past games I have failed to do so being so close to it. Greg was solid with James just like I was solid with Hoop so it came down to the fire making challenge, I did try to get Greg to vote for James but maybe it was too late for him to make a diff decision and here we are.

I believe that I played the strongest game as a whole, not only physically proving that when I think and plan of something I can get it done, refer to Timothy's vote and Will's vote. Like I said before, I'm usually known for being very social and strategic and that only got me to 3rd and 4th place before, this time around I proved that I can also excel the physical aspect by getting rid of my personal biggest threat in the game and that was Will. I feel that out of the final 3, I was the one who communicated with absolutely everyone from both sides Hoop/Glenn/Greg even Timothy, and Garret/Hufus/Will/James and even Dylan who I had no hand in him getting voted out but we were very close. I had to make sure I remained socially approachable and I did that the best.

With that said, I wish good luck to the finalists. It was a tough and twisted game so whoever wins, deserves it. I'm open to all the questions, I will answer with full honesty I have nothing to hide. Also I didn't proof read this speech lmfao so it might be super messy
2172 days 15 hours ago
sihz
jesus christ why do i type so much without realizing..lol
2172 days 12 hours ago
J2999
Sergio, Hufus didn't self vote at F5 hahaha
2172 days 12 hours ago
sihz
still, my plan went through
idk why you or greg would vote hufus over hoop when you used the idol
2172 days 8 hours ago
sihz
by the way, Hufus' vote didn't matter when I cancelled it. He voted for Hoop bc he thought Glenn had an idol
Therefore it would have been a tie 3 on Glenn and 3 on Will as Hufus voted Hoop and Greg self voted, Glenn wouldnt have left had I not played my advantage. I was just making sure that I had majority on the vote.

Just a clarification
2171 days 18 hours ago
spikedcurley
Originally all game I wanted my original tribe to stick together as long as possible we even made a final 4 alliance pretty quickly into the game :P
(Myself ,Garret, Will, Varito)
Eventually Patrice would try to talk to Varito and I and he wanted to work with us

Then we got tribe swapped but all of us ended up staying together Lol (Myself , Garret, Will , Patrick)
Except Varito :(
We kept winning comps and would eventually vote out the only non member of our original tribe burger
Merge timeee with one of the only times I felt on the outside because Patrick would get voted with an idol inside of his pocket :/ 7-6 and this caused me to freakkk outttt I thought after that I was in the minority
With the next vote though we tried scrambling as much as possible we wanted to target someone we knew that we couldn't trust and someone we knew we couldn't sway into our side so we chose Timothy and somehow we ended up getting the votes Lol

The same happened with the next vote and things seemed to be going smooth sailing

HOwever , the next vote disaster would strike as my best ally would be eliminated :/ And I can't help but think it was my fault :/ it was a very important part of the game and definitely the most important vote of the game :/  if things went differently with this vote the game would have been completely different . I screwed up because I was super busy that day and ended up self voting :/ whereas if I would have voted Will would've still been in the game :/

The next vote I felt sooo nervous :/ Our alliance of 4 was down to 2 and I continued to push for glen like usual and my last alliance member was voted out
final 6 and I would win immunity which I felt like I needed :/ I was thankful that I would be able to finally get people to vote Glen out after sooo many attempts

Final 5 and I came to realize it was pretty much 2 pairs and then myself remaining and I just was closer to one on each side being serge and James lmao and I got the votes to keep James safe as serge won immunity and final 4 I knew I didn't want to go to finals with a solid pair and be seen as a goat as well as my loyalty towards James so I forced a tie between hooper and James to cause a tie breaker

Clearly I wasn't some comp beast
In this game all I could do is be as loyal to the people I was close with all game
I feel like in a way I was in control for a lot of the game
A lot of people trusted me and had faith in me
I was outcasted and left for wolves but I made an incredible comeback and feel as I made the moves necessary to make it here :) I wish best of luck to James and serge
2171 days 15 hours ago
IceBeast
James - What was the big (or small) moment in the game that you think propelled you to the final 3?

Sergio - Do you think you would be sitting here without your advantage and being lucky with self voters?

Greg - What makes your game stand out above Sergio’s or James’? Why do you deserve my vote for having cast a self vote in this game.
2171 days 13 hours ago
sihz
Sergio - Do you think you would be sitting here without your advantage and being lucky with self voters?

Great question!
Firstly, advantages are part of the game and unlike hidden idols I didn't get it by luck by guessing numbers, it was a challenge score that got me it. I took the opportunity to go for it and I did the right thing. Now, was it the ONLY factor that allowed me to get rid of you? yes and no, because had I not had Hoop and Glenn do what I said my advantage would have failed. As we can see, you had James, Hufus, Garret and I just came to know you apparently also had Greg from what I read (not sure if it's that true that if he voted, you'd still be in the game because he did promise me to vote you out that round but he forgot so that argument of his loyalty towards you is open to interpretation and we will never know what would have actually happened) so yes that advantage allowed me to get rid of you. My social game also helped get my plan to get rid of you actually work. Without it, it wouldn't have been easy to get rid of you but I would have definitely been awake way before I was in the last game we played

And second of all, self voters I wouldn't say it's luck. I would say they're rather careless while I sent a vote every single time, I was the one to take control of my own fate unlike Greg who was screwed by his own absences. In that sense, I do believe I outlasted them by taking control of my destiny and adapting to new scenarios when Hufus was sorta inactive yet I was in minority with Hoop so I do believe. Nothing in this game is luck, except maybe finding idols by guessing numbers.

So with that said, advantages without social game don't work and self voters just dont take as much control of their destiny as the ones that do actually vote. I believe I outplayed, outlasted and outwitted my fellow finalists.

Thanks for your question Will, I hope I gave you a clear answer.
2171 days 13 hours ago
Garrett5
Hey, congrats guys. What would you say was the hardest moment in the game for you where you overcame the most adversity?

open group

Vlad's Survivor [S5]: Greece

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!