This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Final Tribal Council [Ethiopia]

Topic » Final Tribal Council..

2221 days 17 hours ago
OldNewz
Welcome Ryan, Eli, and Guilherme to the Final Tribal Council. The power now shifts to the jury who will vote for the Sole Survivor of Survivor: Ethiopia.

Please welcome our members of the jury - Will, John, Tyler, James, Slothy, Tashi, and Josh, voted out at the last Tribal Council.

Ryan, Eli, and Guilherme you may each make an opening statement. The jury members can either make comments or ask questions, there is no limit to the amount they do or don't say. Once you have decided who to vote for please mail both Mike and I your vote.

Jury, your votes are due Wednesday (3/28/18) at 7pm EST.
2221 days 17 hours ago
Iceey
If you told me Day 1 that I would be in the final tribal council, I would call you insane. Coming into the game I didnt know anyone in the cast in terms of group game players. I knew Eli and Ryan S outside of group games, but I wasn't sure how they would be in this type of setting. From the instant that we got seperated into our original tribes, I turned on the southern charm and tried to really make personal connections with people because I knew that was the way I was going to be able to survive. I contributed in challenges, took the lead in most challenges, and really tried to implement myself socially within the tribe to make people feel comfortable with me by their side. My strategy carried me through the first vote as Alf went home 7-1 and then we won our way to the tribe swap. The swap wasn't really good to me because it placed me in minority with 4 former Jimma and 3 from my former Sodo tribe. Being in minority worked out for me though because it really made me work on getting on the good side of the majority. We were able to win our way up until the double tribal, but during that time I didn't take it as down time. While we were winning, I was still working on building bonds so that whenever we did face tribal, my name wouldn't be brought up. I made really solid connections with Tashi, John and Tyler and I think that's what got me through the one vote we faced. In turn I had to vote out a good ally in Ryan, but I KNEW he was going home and with merge looming, I had to do something to instill some trust with the larger group moving forward. I decided to leave James out of me voting for Ryan because with him voting John, that meant he had a target on himself for that and would help keep me safe. Once merge hit, I knew I wanted to win the first immunity so that I would be able to be vocal about what I wanted to happen and not feel any repercussions. To people's knowledge there were 3 pairs; Tyler and Tashi(which proved to not be too "pairish" lol) John and Josh, Guil and Sloth. I knew that I could use this as leverage moving forward but for the first vote, I wanted to target Will. He didn't have a pair, but he also ignored most of the messages I sent him throughout the game. Getting him out meant getting someone out who I had no connection to but also put me in a final 9 with 3 pairs that I could easily pit against each other. After the Will vote, almost all of the decisions I had to make were TOUGH, but I get in trouble for playing with my emotions in a lot of games and I knew I couldn't let that happen this time. Voting out John was hard because we had a good personal connection, but he and Josh would never go against each other and I had gotten to know Josh more than John. Getting John out meant I got to bring Josh closer to me and also take out a huge threat. The next vote was tough because I feel like Tyler just fell victim to circumstance, people thought he was close to Tashi but as the game progressed people also saw him as aligned with James. James going home the tribal following Tyler's vote out was a complete blindside to me. After I won immunity this round, I received a clue to the idol which I was able to use to find the idol within about 10 minutes. When I sent it in, much to my dismay it was revealed that someone had already found it. I knew the only other person left in game and who had received a clue was Josh, so immediately went to him and he admitted to me that he had the idol.. I took this information to Tashi and Eli in an attempt to blindside Josh and send him home with idol. However, Tashi flipped and voted out James with Sloth and Guil and ruined that plan. At the time I thought James going home and Josh knowing that I had voted for him would ruin my game, but it actually proved opposite. At the final 6 is when I finally was discussed as a possible vote and when I finally received votes. The plan was for Josh, Eli and I to vote for Guil and that Guil, Tashi and Sloth would vote for Josh. The intent was that if Josh played his idol, Guil would go home, and if he didn't, then vice versa. However, hours before the votes were revealed, I was made aware of a few things. Eli informed me that Tashi was trying to persuade him to vote for me and get me out for sixth, AND Josh told me that Tashi was telling him that he needed to play his idol. After being told both of these things, I knew I would be getting votes. The fact Tashi was telling Josh he needed to play his idol meant he was trying to get on Josh's good side, pretend like he's doing him a solid, flush his idol, and in turn throw votes at someone else to take out two birds with one stone. Once the votes were revealed I was a little stunned because I felt like Eli had flipped on me. However, he somehow accidentally voted for Josh with Guil, while Josh and I voted Guil and Tashi and Sloth voted for me. With Josh playing his idol, this meant it was going to be a revote between me and Guil. Tashi and Sloth would for sure be voting for me so I knew I had to assure I had Eli's and Josh's votes. I knew it was almost a guarantee I had Eli's vote, but after admittedly voting for Josh the previous tribal, I wasn't for sure Josh  would save me. But he did!! Eli was willing to risk his OWN game so that I was safe and Josh saved me after knowing I had voted for him just one tribal ago. I think that speaks volumes to the way I was able to to work myself in socially with people because they always felt like they needed me in the game. I feel like both of my counterparts here in final tribal made fatal mistakes at this tribal as well. Had Guil voted for me with Tashi and Sloth, I would've been sent packing and he could've avoided his friend getting rocked out. Eli made a big strategic mistake because I felt like I had played a knowingly strong game to that point and he was still willing to risk his own safety so that I would be safe. It was clear to me after all of this that the next person that needed to go was Tashi. He was stronger than Josh in comps and had just as strong of a chance to win the game as Josh, and also showed me his true colors by trying to get me out. Once Josh pulled out a second idol at final 5, and the fact he had one vote wrapped up in John, I knew he had to be the final victim of the season. He was the last person in the game that I couldn't confidentally sit beside and know I played the best game. He had built such a resume and even though he and I had become very close, I knew I had to leave my emotions off of the table.
2221 days 17 hours ago
Iceey
All in all, I think I deserve to win this game because I exhibited qualities in all aspects of the game. Socially I was able to create personal relationships with almost every member of the jury and a majority of the pre jury casualties. I had people going to work for me even when I wasn't doing it for myself; I was really weary of the Tyler vote because I didn't want to have to lie to James, but Eli offered to take all of the blame with James so I could still be in good with James. I was able at all times of this game to make the majority of the people think that I was a better asset to them in the game, than out of the game. I was able to keep Josh on my side and save me at final 6 in the revote even after I blindsided his closest ally AND admitted to voting for him in the previous tribal. I was also able to work myself in socially with people to the point where the information I would freely give, was NEVER relayed back to anyone. There were several instances in which people could've used my own words against me, but it didn't happen. Strategically, I was able to maneuver through this game and make decisions that would not only benefit for the present situation, but also set me up to be successful in future rounds as well. I never voted with the same group of people more than once in this game, in most games I confine myself to a group but I was very fluid this game because I never wanted to completely show my cards. The only person I was fully committed to was Eli, and that was because I had the best read on him of anyone else and knew he wouldn't turn his back on me. I also put myself in a position to where people would come to me and want my input or my reasoning on a vote or any other game matter. Psychically, I feel like I kind of owned this season. I won several challenges for my tribes pre merge and was the only person to win multiple individual immunities, having won 3. None of the immunities I won were back to back, and that was also strategic. Any time you win two challenges in a row it immediately pegs you as a threat, so spreading out my wins was more advantageous because my previous win was never fresh on people's minds.

I'm open to any questions people have and am willing to explain any portion of my game that people may need more clarity on!
2221 days 17 hours ago
Iceey
I am also the last remaining original Sodo tribe member and the last from the swapped Sodo tribe
2221 days 16 hours ago
Sloth_Roman
Gui honey, my child, I am so proud of you.
*votes for gui*

Eli + Ryan be like:
https://media.giphy.com/media/8mnbqs7GsO5ittSkZb/giphy.gif

Me be like:
https://media.giphy.com/media/SKxGvxvrzx9YK6DNx8/giphy.gif
2221 days 15 hours ago
J2999
To all:
What is the one thing you regret the most?
Which votes would you say you controlled?
What was the smartest decision you made?
2221 days 15 hours ago
Chandelier
First of all I'd like to thank the Host and all of you for helping me get here.
My gameplay may seem a little invisible to everyone but that was just a matter of strategy and lack of time due to studies.
When we started the game I was fortunate enough to be able to set up my own tribe and having this opportunity I soon set up something that could be the dream tribe with people I had played in past games and people who appeared to be strong.
During the tribal phase I made a point of not becoming a target and even with a swap where I was totally without numbers, I found a way to keep in the game forming an alliance with Slothy and later with Tashi.
During the merge I got under the radar while everyone was killing to tip somebody until I turned the target of Van and began to move a little more.
During 4 tribal councils I was the main target and I still figured out a way to remain intact even if some allies were to leave.
My physical game may not have been very good but my social and strategic were good enough to have allies choosing rocks to save me and to have participated in all tribal councils except for the first
I urge you to consider me worthy of the title of Sole Survivor.
Thanks to all and good luck!
2221 days 15 hours ago
Chandelier

I regret not having had time to devote myself to immunity challenges.

None because I spent most of this game in the minority

What was the smartest decision you made

My smartest decision was to have an alliance with Slothy because, thanks to her, he chose rocks instead of betraying me. If it was not for that moment I might not be here now
2221 days 15 hours ago
tashi
Well I don’t have time to wait for the other 2 to post thier long testimony’s why they deserve to win so I’ll just say what I have to say and move on.

Ryan,

If I’m going to be completely honest I don’t know what you did in this game to deserve this win. Even after reading your essay each thing you took credit for wasn’t actually you doing it. You didn’t make all of these moves that you said you did. And you weren’t always in control of the game. You also claim you had a good Social game which in fact you didn’t. A good social game would mean that you had good connections to the jury and that hun you do not have. Over 3/4ths of the jury has expressed thier disgust towards you not only as a player but as a person.

You are an annoying loser and a blemish in society. Working with you was like working with a toddler, who I had to constantly comfort or reassure that they would be okay. There is no need to get so pissed off over a vote like you did.  Maybe one day you’ll grow up and mature as a player and a person but for right now in this game I don’t see you deserving to win. This isn’t be being a bitter juror or a spiteful human. This is me being honest. You’ll see once the Confessional Group is opened my feelings expressed here were throughout most of the game.

Eli,

Working with you was fun and quite the adventure and I feel like we could have worked better together had we not had Ryan in our alliance as well. I wanted to go to the end with you and I wanted to work with you but obviously the feeling was not mutual.

Now my question,

Besides win immunities you really didn’t do much this whole game. As far as I know you only talked to a select few people and never ventured outside of your circle. Besides forcing rocks and risking your whole game (which is a good move but sadly not enough to deserve my vote) I want you to tell me one big move YOU made. Not your alliance or people you had worked with.

Guil,

Honestly you really did play the best game. You layed low and you didn’t cause any ripples in the water. But you still survived. You were supposed to go out for a lot of different votes because people saw you as inactive and just a waste of space in the game. But I admire your strategy because it was able to get you here.

My question for you is,

Was being this invisible part of your strategy to get you to the end?

Good luck to the three of you. And may the best person win.
2221 days 15 hours ago
Iceey

I can honestly sit here and say I don't regret any of the moves I made this season. I felt like they were all necessary to get me into this position and aided in my gameplay as a whole.

I would say the two votes I had the most influence over were the Will vote out and Tashis vote out. I was able to win immunity and peg a target on Will because of our lack of communication and him not having a pair meant I was able to go into a situation with lower numbers and still able to paint a target on the pairs in the game.

I think the smartest decision I made was voting for Ryan S with the majority. It allowed me to establish trust moving into the merge and set me up in a position to where I had people willing to work with me from all angles.
2221 days 15 hours ago
EliOrtiz1234
Eli,

Working with you was fun and quite the adventure and I feel like we could have worked better together had we not had Ryan in our alliance as well. I wanted to go to the end with you and I wanted to work with you but obviously the feeling was not mutual.

Now my question,

Besides win immunities you really didn’t do much this whole game. As far as I know you only talked to a select few people and never ventured outside of your circle. Besides forcing rocks and risking your whole game (which is a good move but sadly not enough to deserve my vote) I want you to tell me one big move YOU made. Not your alliance or people you had worked with.

@Tashi

How can you say "besides winning immunites" when I only won ONE immunity lmao. also pre merge i was on the losing tribe a lot so yeah i didnt win anything really i was forced to make alliances here and there because i went to tribal so much. In this game you don't have to be the person front and center in every vote for it to be called "your move" there were a lot of times where my move worked but i didnt take credit for. For example voting out John was something i wanted to do. All i had to do was go into the chat with me/you/ryan and say hey John is a threat lets target him and you guys will be like "yeah he is lets vote him next tribal". Or the Tyler vote all i had to do was go to Ryan and be like "hey tyler and james are close lets cut one of them out" literally everything that i wanted to happen did happen besides the James vote. But honestly if james did survive that vote he wouldve been out the next tribal so that one didnt really matter much. As for me not talking to anyone outside of my "circle" i dont think that is true. I talked to you/sloth/Ryan/Josh a lot. I TRIED talking to Gui but she ignored every message. I talked to John and Tyler when they were in the game too. I feel like i talked to a lot of people

At the end of the day though i feel like i was a very important vote going into every tribal. I lied to people like Josh so much and he STILL came to me to talk about votes
2221 days 15 hours ago
EliOrtiz1234
J2999
To all:
idk after reading tashis question maybe i should have been more loud and out there so people will give me credit?

I feel like I had a say in every vote besides your tribal

I was able to align myself with a lot of people. Like i said in the answer to Tashi i would lie so much and people would still come to me asking about a vote. So many people needed me which is why i dont think i got any votes at tribal(idk the host can confirm or deny that)
2221 days 15 hours ago
Iceey
Tashi, I'm honestly completely disheartened at how you handled yourself since the final 6 vote. You truly thought you had the control to get me out the game, and once that proved to be false you decided to start personally attacking me and making me out to be someone I'm not. The fact you're lying in your statement to me to try and discredit my game to the jury just because you're mad that you couldn't get me out, but I was able to save myself and get you out the following round, shows way more immaturity than whetever immaturity you're claiming I displayed. When I asked you why you were coming at me so hard and trying to make me feel like shit, you replied that you were just trying to get villain of the season... So who's really immature here??

You can say anything you want about me now to try and make me look bad, but let's all look back and see what Tashi had to say about me whenever he "knew" I was going home:

20 hours 15 min ago
tashi
So I'm just gonna say it here. Ryan I'm going to vote you again and I'm sorry. You're a really good player and really skilled at this game. You have the chops to make it to the end in all the categories. Physical, social, and strategic. But that's why we need to send you home over Guil. Only love and respect with this vote :( <3
2221 days 14 hours ago
Iceey
And YES I was paranoid and constantly checking in with people to assure the were voting the way I intended them to, but that was because I could not believe I was never a consideration to be voted for, before final 6. I felt like I was in a VERY strong position and people should have been wanting to target me, but they weren't.
2221 days 14 hours ago
EliOrtiz1234
All im going to say is the jury can vote how they want obviously but if youre going to vote Gui then just admit why. Don't say things like "gui played better" when she almost got med evac out of this game due to being inactive and wouldnt even be here right now
2221 days 14 hours ago
tashi
Ryan leave me alone. Ur bullying a 16 yr old girl over a onlive survivor game :((((( i’m so sad about this. fattie i’ve hated you and everything about u this whole game. do u want me to leak my confessionals rn??? ur so annoying !!!!!! i would rather slit my throat with a rusty pizza cuter than ever talk to u again !!! and bitch ur a fucking immature little monkey too !!! when i told you i voted you YOU FRESKED OUT on me and literally said “i’ll never vote you to win.”

Son if u can’t handle what ur serving than get out of the goddamn litchen. really u should get out of the kitchen anyways since you could stand to lose a couple pounds.

open group

M&N's Survivor (2016-2020)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!