This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

The Crater

Topic » The Crater

332 days 14 hours ago
Jaxon
The winner is by a vote of 4-1...
Andrew!
-
Andrew's Commentary:

Jaxon- Oh I loveddddd this intro! The distant vocals were a really nice touch when they started also. I think the song lost a bit of its magic during the second verse, and I wanted the tempo and vocals to pop off a bit... but other than that an extremely strong song IMO.

Krystal- This instrumental is actually super fun. It feels like being on a dreamy lil spaceship. And her vocals? Actually really strong. Like… I really enjoy the edge to her voice, and the guitar, and I extra like this bit of static to it. I do think it could pick up a little in some places, but it still gets there eventually, and I really like this.

Deme- ...Honestly, I don't know how I feel about this one? It's kind of iconic. Like, I think I love the vibes, and the intro kind of really went off? I'm just... shrugs. Shrugs a lot!

Josh- I feel like some songs this season that are more focused on storytelling with the lyrics don't also have like a good beat or instrumental and fall dull. This isnt the case for this song to me. Honestly at first I was listening I was like.. these bells are lowkey giving Christmas vibes and I was engaged from the start.

-
Jevy's Commentary:

Josh- I feel like I almost liked the other Rebecca Black song we had earlier this season? This isn't too bad it just doesn't feel quite as dynamic and I want? Idk.

Deme- Oh, this is so sad... I loved the song when it first started, but like... the longer it went on, the less I liked it... 👉👈... what am I gonna do with you... what am I gonna do with you... what am I gonna do with you... what am I gonna do with you...

Krystal- I can honestly barely hear Rebecca here, which is a massive detriment to the song for me. But what I do hear is meh. Like I just think maybe I don’t like her singing voice. It’s very… boring. There’s no substance. The instrumental is the only good part. This synth bit makes me want to die.

Jaxon- Oh? Rebecca Black again... and honestly, this song kinda puts the other to shame. Her voice was very seductive here and just kinda kept you pulled in. If I had to pick a complaint, the chorus felt a bit uninspired, but honestly another extremely strong song.
332 days 14 hours ago
Jaxon
Second Elimination:

Sean vs Joey
332 days 14 hours ago
Jaxon
Sean Posted:

Joey Posted:
332 days 14 hours ago
Jaxon
The winner is by a vote of 4-1...
Sean!

-
Sean's Commentary:

Jaxon- I absolutely ADORE this song, its one Ive never been able to use but have wanted to use myself on numerous games Ive competed in. From my knowledge... this soundtrack is just kind of amazing in general, but this is a standout song from it. This is by far the best and hardest elim round to rank. Great pick!

Krystal- I honestly really liked this song from the Birds of Prey OST. Like… it’s really good vocals and has a lot of smoothness and just overall it’s really, really good in terms of like meshing all these sounds like the backing vocals in with the actual song.

Deme- Oooh, a song from Birds of Prey? Here? I love love love the vocals, wow. This really goes off, honestly.

Josh- Oh wow I love the sound of this song. Especially the chorus is really captivating to me. It likes hit hard while staying so sultry sounding.

-
Joey's Commentary:

Josh- Oh I'm familiar with her. I think I sent her in something. NSC maybe? Idk I really like her she is really fun. I think she was in my playlist to use for all stars 2 that I never got around to using.

Deme- This intro is so cute? Wait, this... is all cute. I'm kind of obsessed with the little talking bits? And the instrumental... okay. Okay. Go off?

Krystal- I think I’ve heard this before, and it disappointed me a little. Yeah… this is the song. The autotune feels kind of lazy this time. But I do still kind of like what it’s trying to do. Like it has a clear, fun idea. It just pans out kinda meh and boring. Lolo is ready to chat. Uhhhh BLOCK.

Jaxon- Lolo has such a fun discography of music. The song was very interactive and was just full of elements that kept me entertained. It didnt feel crowded, it felt very much so like everything fit and worked together. Three for three in extremely strong songs!
332 days 14 hours ago
Jaxon
Jaxon:
1. Joke’s On You
2. pl4yg1rl
3. What Am I Gonna Do With You
4. Hatefuck

Ali:
1. Hatefuck
2. Jokes On You
3. Pl4g1rl
4. What Am I Gonna Do With You

Josh:
1. Joke’s On You
2. Hatefuck
3. Playgirl

Krystal:
1. Hatefuck
2. Joke’s On You
3. pl4yg1rl

Deme:
1. pl4yg1rl
2. Joke’s On You
3. Hatefuck

Overall:
Jokes On You (1.6)
Hatefuck (2.2)
-
pl4yg1rl (2.4)
What Am I Gonna Do With You (3.8)

Sean gets partner picking priority.
332 days 14 hours ago
Jaxon
Sean has decided...
To steal Kemi.
332 days 14 hours ago
Jaxon
Andrew has decided...
To Steal Alex S.
332 days 14 hours ago
Jaxon
New Pairs:

Sean & Kemi
Andrew & Alex S.
Turcia & Kat
329 days 15 hours ago
Jaxon
First Elimination:

Kat vs Cameron
329 days 15 hours ago
Jaxon
Kat Posted:

Cameron Posted:
329 days 15 hours ago
Jaxon
The winner is by a vote of 4-0...
Cameron!
-
Cameron's Commentary:

Krystal- Wait I love the name. And I do really like the lyrics. But I also like being able to hear the singer, and damn if she isn’t ridiculously quiet. And ngl she’s also got a kind of annoying voice here, except for at points in the chorus. But the song does start to make up for it over time.

Deme- Oooh, Zella Day? I used to love her, so let's see if this holds up... um. I mean, I definitely prefer other songs by her, but this isn't horrible? I love her voice, and the chorus is fun.

Josh- I think this song is perfectly fine. I like the power in her vocals during the chorus and I feel like it makes me want to see what other songs she could have because this one shows me I like her voice itself but I'm not in love with the full song.

-
Kat's Commentary:

Josh- The verses and chorus have such different paces and sounds?? I like the chorus a lot but the verses are so disjointed I just end up kind of more indifferent than liking it

Deme- The vocals are pretty. The instrumental kind of sounds like.. familiar? But I definitely prefer the instrumental to the parts in the song where there's like... absolutely nothing going on. It's fine? The other judges will probably like it more than I did.

Krystal- This is a decent singing voice and instrumental. Like it’s very strong vocals. I don’t know if this is my type of song, but it’s not bad by any means. Like it’s got really, really nice vocals.
329 days 15 hours ago
Jaxon
Second Elimination:

Turcia vs Braden
329 days 15 hours ago
Jaxon
Turcia Posted:

Braden Posted:
329 days 15 hours ago
Jaxon
The winner is by a vote of 3-1...
Turcia!
-
Turcia's Commentary:

Krystal- This is like one of my new favorite songs. I’m obsessed with Honey Revenge right now. They’re a bit basic in some ways, but they’ve got a nice rock edge in the chorus.

Deme- Oh, Krystal's gonna loooove this. And honestly, I will, too, because Honey Revenge goes off? The little vocal effects... the vocals in general... the instrumental... I am so glad you actually went with this song lool.

Josh- I really liked the rasp the vocalist has in her voice. I can def see myself coming back to this song and actually seeing what else honey revenge has done.

-
Braden's Commentary:

Josh- Oh I love a few of Michaels songs including this one. I submitted fluids for XMC and pretty sure they hated it. Love the beat of this song and the opening is so good lol "HAVENT YOU HAD ENOUGH???"

Deme- Oh, this really is disco, isn't it... This is so fun, actually. Like... I'm kind of obsessed... the instrumental is so fun, and I love the way the vocals sound outside of the chorus? Like... 🥰...

Krystal- I really like the instrumental, and I want to like the vocals, but I also… don’t know if I do. I appreciate getting sent a man, for sure. I just don’t know if this is my type of man. He sounds like Studio Killers without the right elements to me.
329 days 15 hours ago
Jaxon
Jaxon:
1. Rerun
2. Mushroom Punch
3. Meaningless
4. Disco Sleaze

Krystal:
1. Rerun
2. Mushroom Punch
3. Disco Sleaze
4. Meaningless

Deme:
1. Rerun
2. Disco Sleaze
3. Mushroom Punch
4. Meaningless

Josh:
1. Disco Sleaze
2. Rerun
3. Mushroom Punch
4. Meaningless

Averages:

Rerun (1.25)
Mushroom Punch (2.5)

Disco Sleaze (2.5)
Meaningless (3.75)

Turcia had the highest averages which means she gets partner priority.

open group

Jaxons Ultimate Song Choice

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!