This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

The Crater

Topic » The Crater

346 days 4 hours ago
Jaxon
Turcia has decided...
Stay with Jared.
346 days 4 hours ago
Jaxon
Jared has decided to...
Stay with Turcia.

Which means there will be NO new duos formed this round.
343 days 17 hours ago
Jaxon
As Rory has quit before the elimination, tonight the elimination is

Kat vs Jack vs Really
343 days 17 hours ago
Jaxon
Kat Posted:

Jack Posted:

Really Posted:
343 days 17 hours ago
Jaxon
The first winner with an average of 1.5...
Kat!
-
Jaxon- I liked the sensuality this song had, it was really nice. It wasn’t like a super slay for me, but I think of the three songs this is the one I liked most. *1/3*

Josh-  This song is so like melodic and I quite think of what to call but there is a noise throughout the song that reminds me of if you took a piece of laminated paper and shook it so it makes like a wooping noise. *1/3*

Krystal- The singing voice is a bit quiet, no matter how loud I make it, and I’m starting to think maybe I’m just not a big fan of Kali Uchis music. Like when her voice goes all high and stuff, I kind of hate it? A lot. I do like the instrumental though. *1/3*

Deme- Oh... Kali Uchis... cute... I love Kali Uchis... 😶... Will I listen to this again? Doubtful. Nice vocals, though...? I think I like the chorus?? *1/3*
343 days 17 hours ago
Jaxon
Jack, Really...

The second winner with an average of 1.75...
Jack!

-
Jacks Commentary:

Jaxon- This song was fun, I appreciated that. Their voices all sounded nice individually and together which was a nice component the song had. All in all, I didn’t adore this song but I didn’t mind it. *2/3*

Josh- Uhm I really liked the chorus. Like idk what she's saying but the part in the chorus sounds like hide the booty loco so likes go hide our booties yall. *2/3*

Krystal- The singing voice is decent enough. Like she has a lot of intensity and she’s fast and intense. I don’t hate it. It brings a lot of upbeat, fun energy. But it does have a typical Eurovision song feel to it… *1/3*

Deme- Oh... Eurovision... cute... I love Eurovision... 😶... she's fine? I'll never listen to it again, probably, but like... she's fine...? *2/3*

-
Reallys Commentary:

Jaxon- I said it in season 5, I said in in season 11, and I’ll say it again in season 12. I don’t like Bjork at all. The beat was very harsh in this song her vocals don’t really do anything for me, unfortunately this was a complete miss with me. *3/3*

Josh- This song is so like melodic and I quite think of what to call but there is a noise throughout the song that reminds me of if you took a piece of laminated paper and shook it so it makes like a wooping noise. *3/3*

Krystal- This might be one of the few times I’m not certain of a song sent by Bjork. The vocals almost feel like they’re disconnected from the instrumental and in a way, it’s a bit audibly painful? It does get better the longer it goes, but… I think this one’s a miss for me. Might be because I have lower quality earbuds to work with right now? I don’t know. *2/3*

Deme- Oh... Bjork... cute... I love Bjork... 😶... I'm so sorry, I have no idea what the hell is happening here lol. *3/3*
343 days 17 hours ago
Jaxon
Will Kat & Jack stay together as a new duo? Let's find out.
343 days 17 hours ago
Jaxon
Kat has decided...
Steal Alex S. from Xakim.
343 days 17 hours ago
Jaxon
Which means Jack has decided to steal...
Sandy from Austin.

Which means

Kat/Rory
Jack/Really
Alex S./Xakim
Austin/Sandy

Are no longer pairs.

The new duos are as follows:
Alex S./Kat
Jack/Sandy
Austin/Xakim.
340 days 3 hours ago
Jaxon
First Elimination:

Caleb vs Pennifer
340 days 3 hours ago
Jaxon
Caleb Posted:

Pennifer:
340 days 3 hours ago
Jaxon
The winner is by a vote of 3-2...
Pennifer!

-
Pennifers Commentary:

Jaxon- I have one Chymes song on my playlist- I’m actually surprised I haven’t come across this song before. Lyrically, this song is pretty iconic, and I like the vibe she has. Regardless, this is our first strong matchup of the season in an elimination. Both songs could have easily won in a previous matchup.

Deme- I like the vocals...? The vocals were cute, especially the bit right before the chorus hits. The instrumental's nice.

Krystal- I want to like this song, but I’m not sure about this voice. It’s a bit grating in the too sweet way that doesn’t hit me all that well, even if I do like the breathiness. Most of these songs also feel kind of the same, so it’s hard to have much of a difference in ranking them. And this one… it annoys me a bit.

Ali- Oh when the beat drops in "Oh god we are stuck in this"  and "I don't think we will ever quit", my body tingled a bit... this is the sort of music I like, soft vocals without trying too hard, and the song then gets carried also by instrumentals. Not to mention, I will say lyrically speaking you have managed to edge out Calebs submission.

-
Calebs Commentary:

Jaxon- I mean, her best song. I’m pretty vocal about how much I stan miss Emlyn. I’m also pretty vocal about how a song I stan only lacks the element of surprise in slaying me. If this were posted a year ago- I think it would’ve been different, but this is a safe approach in the right now. Safe can work- unless your matchup posts something iconic as well. We’ll see!

Krystal- I actually really like Emlyn, but this is a clear appeal to judges like Jaxon and Josh, and it’s really ugh because my taste is far more diverse than this and I want to listen to stuff that doesn’t feel the same as every other song when submitting here. But I get wanting to be safe, I guess.

Deme-  Oh... yay... emlyn... god sent me as karma... um. It's fine. I liked it when I first heard it like... last year...? Now I'm... well. Shrugs. Jaxon's gonna love it, so... good job there, I guess!

Ali- I remember when Essence and Jaxon introduced me to Emyln and I fell in love with her energy, but those two have used her in many games that she essentially became overused (similarly to Ellise and Dylan). This song in particular isn't her best. On paper she has everything that would essentially make for a good solid song, but it just sounds like something I have heard many times before. In retrospect, I genuinely could have see you slaying this lip sync had Penny submitted a basic song.
340 days 3 hours ago
Jaxon
Second Matchup:

Kemi vs Agni
340 days 3 hours ago
Jaxon
Kemi Posted:

Agni Posted:
340 days 3 hours ago
Jaxon
The winner is by a vote of 3-2...
Kemi!
-

Kemis Commentary

Jaxon- So, Maggie is very hit or miss with me and her songs and I am not familiar with this one. This one- honestly, one of her best. My biggest problem with Maggie is her songs are like fine for a listen, and then I add them to my playlist and always skip them. But I really like the cadence this song has. The pop rock vibe is thriving here, and so is she. This may be the best Maggie song I've heard yet.

Krystal- This is another song that feels along the lines of similar, but like… I am enjoying it, especially because of the vocals where she gets loud and noisy and it’s like got a lot of a good pop rock whine, even if I’d really like to see more than this type of song.

Deme- I was excited for Maggie Lindemann, and like... I mean, I like the instrumental a lot??

Ali- Well, I have said this before but I don't really like Maggies vocals, and this song shows that... it just doesn't suit pop rock/punk rock, for being too soft. But the song does eat though. Would I necessarily come back to it? The honest truth is no.

-

Agnis Commentary:
Jaxon- We’ve heard Kylie quite a few times throughout this series. Her music is always very different and I really appreciate that about her. I did not really care for the autotune present in the song here. It just wasn’t working that much for me unfortunately. Other than that feature, I liked everything about this song- but in matchups these strong, it could be that one thing that takes me away from it.

Deme- ...She's fine. I liked it best when the chorus hit, honestly? Like... okay, bop. I think I'd get incredibly annoyed if I listened to it more than once or twice, but like... as it stands now? Bop!

Krystal- I’m really picky about Kylie Minogue music. I think I do like the general synth vibe to this, and it works pretty well since this makes her sound like she’s genuinely a robot, but… I don’t know. I feel like stuck equally with another song, so I’ll need to think I guess.

Ali- I feel like this is something all three judges would love... Kylie is a national treasure, and I believe Krysal is a fan of her, but I could be wrong. Anyway, your song is more of my taste. You kept it true to yourself and it shows, since catering to the judges could necessarily end up with you submitting they would like, but they wouldn't.

open group

Jaxons Ultimate Song Choice

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!