This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Jury Questioning

Topic » Jury Questioning

2196 days 18 hours ago
ziggyzaggy16
Hey guys! I will say that this wasn’t my finest game strategy-wise and I figured my only hope of winning was getting to the end and getting all the votes from Tsoros, lol.

Anyway, for the final 2, I wanna say congratulations! I think you both deserve to be here and I’m admittedly slightly bitter, but not so much that I won’t be able to make a logical decision tonight.

JB: I think you played a really strong game seeing now how close you were with the original Olkhonuds, my hope was that you would be scared by Clair enough to take her out, but I guess not. That shows some real confidence that you let her get as far as she did so I wanna know at what point in this game did you figure out that you wanted to be sitting next to James in the end and why?

James: I think you played a very average game. Clearly you played better than the majority of the people here, but I can’t really find a word to describe your game other than simplistic and average or some synonym like that. You laid out your game nicely in your speech, but there doesn’t appear to be many ups and downs, or obstacles that stood in your way. It feels like you had your alliance, and stuck with them to the end. I’m not saying that’s a bad thing because there are plenty of survivor winners that have won that way, but it’s not the best thing in my opinion. Can you tell me why your consistent, yet simplistic gameplay is more deserving of a win?
2196 days 18 hours ago
_JB_
Just got home from work. Will post my speech and answer questions afterwards.
2196 days 17 hours ago
_JB_
Hello jury. First of all, I would like to thank Ben for being an excellent host and the 15 other players for not making this game easy for me. I had a lot of fun and I hope that my efforts can lead me to my first group game win in nearly FOUR YEARS!

Starting off the game, Olkhonud was strong and Clair was very much a vocal leader preaching tribe unity, and I was all about it. Aligning with Clair and Nicky early on really helped me out in my game. In the first five votes, four Olkhonuds went home and we earned majority at the merge.

The sixth vote was where this game really began for me. I was swapped into the minority on a tribe with Natalie, Dan, Ferdi, Ziggy and Nicky, one of my two closest allies at the time. I found the Tsoros idol and I knew I was going to play it. Dan told me not to, but I could not trust the Tsoros tribe to keep me over Nicky. I played my idol and nullified the two only votes that were cast against me during this game. Ultimately, I was asked to vote for Nicky in the revote but decided to show him some loyalty on the revote and vote for Natalie even though I knew Nicky was going.

Heading into the merge 6-4, I was happy but I knew there were cracks based on the Josh boot. Someone voted for Lorenzo and he wasn't happy. He wanted an Olkhonud to go home and I didn't because I wanted to stick with the numbers. Clair was also very adamant about this, and Clair was my top ally, so I was going to stick with the group. However, Lorenzo accused the wrong person of flipping and it forced James and Josh to flip and take Lorenzo out. I had considered voting for Lorenzo, but wanted to stay loyal. After this vote, the game changed.

For the F9 vote, when Natalie approached me to take out Josh, I was surprised. I would have preferred to vote out somebody I was not as close to, but voting out Josh was a way for me to get back into the majority, so I took it and voted him out.

The F8 vote went to rocks and where Natalie was playing both sides. I was frustrated that she was playing both sides and she got caught and the rock draw saved my life in the game. When Dan went out, I really felt like I had a shot to win this.

From then on, taking out Tsoros was exactly what the Olkhonuds wanted to do. The only hiccup was when Zach got medivac'd, which screwed my plans because he was my original F2 and the guy I wanted to go to the end with from the merge on. James emerged as my next best option because I felt like I would have had a better chance to beat him.

My strategy was to lay low, but not too low. I was hiding behind Clair and Natalie for the merge part of the game because I knew that the two of them would be targeted before me.
However, while I was hiding, I was building relationships. Josh and I talked about basketball. I got Dan and Clair to share idol clues with me. I made a fake F2 deal with Ferdi. Ferdi told me today that my jury management was 10/10. 

I always knew that I was going to cut Clair at F3 because I knew that Clair was someone who was going to put loyalty over everything and take me. So if I lost Final Immunity, I was going to still make it. I banked on my challenge skills to get me to the end and it worked. Clair told me that speed was not her strong suit, and that was the part during the FIC that I built a huge lead from Clair that led me to my victory. I might've lost Clair's vote, but I think I stood a much better chance at winning this game against James than Clair.

I won 3 immunities, Clair won 3 I believe, and James won 0.

I found a hidden immunity idol, and James didn't.

I had zero votes go against me in this game, and James nearly went home pre-merge with 2 votes against him.

James didn't show up to the finale today, and I did.

I'm not trying to knock James or say that it was his fault that he didn't show up. But the reason I brought him here was because I felt I played a superior game than he did. If you feel like James played a better game than I did, then vote for him. But I think my game speaks for itself and my job is to give the jury the hardest job to not give me their vote in the end, and I believe I've done my job.

Good luck James.
2196 days 17 hours ago
_JB_
So James and JB I think you are here by total luck. I believe if one of you 2 picked the rock instead of me, I probably would've won. So since Bec of final 8 you both got here by luck it evens out for both of you sic e you are equally as guilty as the other Anyways my questions are:
JB- I do feel like taking Clair put was the right move Bec she was gonna win. Heck I would have voted her. Anwyas yu basically just used air as a shield and then cut her last minute. I want to know if you can name a single move that was totally your idea(not Clair's) and Clair had nothing to do about it or participated in your plan

You're absolutely right. Had I drawn the rock, I wouldn't have been out, but I think it showed that I was willing to take risks in this game. I would say my biggest move was to give Nicky a screenshot of my idol discovery and he did some photoshop around it and tried to pass it off as his. It didn't work but we gave it a shot. We knew we were screwed in that situation but we gave it our best shot.

Honorable mention would probably be getting an idol clue from you. You had no business giving me that clue but you did. It showed that I was willing to step outside my alliance and build relationships.
2196 days 17 hours ago
_JB_
I hate this jury, I wish I was on the perjury ponderosa trip, heeelp.

As for you too, why should I vote for you from my standpoint. Tell me how I affected your game before and after I left

Before you left Josh, I saw you as an Olkhonud and someone I could trust. But when you played your idol, you became a gamer. I saw you as a threat. You weren't someone I wanted to eliminate immediately but I knew that you were an obstacle I would have to get past. After you left, it took away some of the muddiness in the game. Once you, Dan, and Natalie, who I believed were my three biggest competitors in the game, were voted out, the game became much more clear and straightforward.
2196 days 17 hours ago
haycsclair
I won 4 immunities, JB. Just a correction.
2196 days 17 hours ago
_JB_
JB: I think you played a really strong game seeing now how close you were with the original Olkhonuds, my hope was that you would be scared by Clair enough to take her out, but I guess not. That shows some real confidence that you let her get as far as she did so I wanna know at what point in this game did you figure out that you wanted to be sitting next to James in the end and why?

The reason why I wanted to keep Clair in for as long as I did was because I knew people would target her over me. I knew that with Clair in the game, I would be safe. Zach was the person I wanted to take to the end from the merge onwards. He was going to be a goat, he self-voted once and I knew I could beat him. When he was medivac'd, that's when James became my best ally. James made me nervous in this game because we didn't speak that much because of our time difference but I tried to speak with him every day in the merge. My only concern was that James and Ferdi would team up at F4 to take Clair out and it would have forced me to win Final Immunity to get to F2. But I was able to convince James that Ferdi would have been a bigger jury threat than myself, which I didn't actually believe to be true. I told him sweet nothings about how Tsoros were going to be loyal to Ferdi and how he needed to go. And that was that. James became my F2 by default really, but I'm glad that he is here with me.
2196 days 17 hours ago
haycsclair
JB:

"In the first five votes, four Olkhonuds went home and we earned majority at the merge."

- TSOROS
2196 days 17 hours ago
_JB_
Oops. Nobody's perfect.
2196 days 17 hours ago
haycsclair
It's all good. <3
2196 days 17 hours ago
haycsclair
It's so easy, Dan.
2196 days 17 hours ago
haycsclair
G U C K Y O U!

Should be 6. Lol.
2196 days 17 hours ago
haycsclair
Why did you delete it, Dan?
2196 days 17 hours ago
dwipeouts
Puer autem clausa thr commodo Claro
2196 days 17 hours ago
dwipeouts
Jk

open group

BigBen Survivor - End of an Era

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!