This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

#NTM20 - Challenge & Photoshoot (10)

Topic » #NTM20 - Challenge &..

236 days 15 hours ago
CutieAmy
Guinevere:

For this challenge, and considering its a Billboard one, I have decided to bring my strongest assets to the table; an amazing pose with breathtaking facial expressions. People will stop to glaze at me embodying total confidence in my gorgeous outfit. I have never looked this polished and beautiful before, so I definitely wanted to show a different side of me that will appeal to the general public.

https://www.designscene.net/wp-content/gallery/112012/guinevere-van-seenus-vogue-china-08.jpg
236 days 12 hours ago
icyz
- Xu Meen -

When I think about billboards I think that they are always selling something to the public, so for me it doesn't just have to be beautiful or attract attention, it has to be clear to the public.

In my photo I worked a different pose and I think it fits everything I said previously. Clearly my photo is trying to sell something, and I think I do it in a very creative way. My photo draws attention because of the unusual, different setting and also because I bring a clear photo with colors that capture the audience. My face is beautiful and I value all its features. When they look at my photo they will be observing the details and the audience will be hooked.

https://i.ibb.co/09hCDn8/xumeenbillboarrd.jpg
236 days 11 hours ago
Jerard
XXCLOSEDXX
236 days 11 hours ago
Jerard
Panel will be on Sept. 29, 5 PM EST
235 days 3 hours ago
SeongWoo
Hey guys, i will be doing my comments after the results cause i have a test soon and i wont be home before. So, good luck everyone!
235 days ago
IceBear
Judge Reece Week 10 Challenge Comments:

Alton Mason (brunodrads) - I can see why you were saving this shot. This immediately grabs the viewers attention and you both look so graceful together. The dog isn’t overshadowing you and you somehow found a tricky balance between looking high class while also down to earth. It’s easy to route for you with a shot of this caliber!

Anja Rubik (Delano) - Anja you’ve done it again! You’re so hauntingly pretty that I’d feel intimidated to be in your presence. This looks like it could be latest “American Horror Story” advertisement. You’re selling yourself in a flashy way and that’s exactly what works in an effective billboard!

Chanel Iman (Dimitra) - You came with a vision and executed it well! Your legs are on full display and you look like a boss. Balancing yourself with your upper body rather than resting your legs on the ledge makes this pose more dynamic and would translate better on a billboard. Good job!

Guinevere Van Seenus (CutieAmy) - Talk about a commanding presence! Your pose is powerful and your piercing stare makes you look important. You played into your strengths this round and delivered a high quality shot!

Jonathan Bellini (Russell11) - This is how you use the challenge prompt to your advantage! The up close camera angle highlights your glasses as the product. A critique is it’s leaning more on the casual side for my liking, but nonetheless this would 100% be a catch anybody’s attention. You took a massive risk this week and I think it payed off.

Kim Jong-in "Kai" (Minie) - This is the Kai that I’ve been waiting for!!! Not only do I love the idea of you crawling out of the photo, but your arms don’t look awkward or cramped. Your soft gaze was the right choice to really pull this together. This optical illusion billboard would flourish in a big city environment. This definitely is your blockbuster moment and it couldn’t have come at a better time!

Sora Choi (spinfur) - I was stunned to realize this is the same Sora Choi! I agree that this gives off a “welcome to my beautiful city” vibe and it works well with the shining city lights in the background. I would have loved if your facial expression was more optimistic rather than neutral, but all of the small details really pull this shot together. I’m glad to have seen another version of you!

Xu Meen (icyz) - Your caption proves to me you’ve put your best foot forward this week. I agree that you’re showcasing the bag beautifully and making sure people know what you’re selling to them. Posing horizontally was a clever strategic choice and I appreciate that you are giving something new rather than laying flat on your back. The background seems a bit random to me, but you are doing a great job keeping our attention. Nice work!
235 days ago
Jerard
COMMENTS:

Anja - I like the direction that you took for this photoshoot. I agree with your statement here, billboards need to stick with the viewers and leave them intrigued. I believe, when I saw this shot I was intrigued. This is yet another layer of Anja that we have yet to see in this competition, and what a way to introduce this side of you. Good job!

Chanel - This is interesting, Chanel. It felt like an illusion with how you were posed. The whole setting definitely wasn't the best choice If I am being honest, it is because you only get a few seconds to pass through billboards, maybe a more intense color grading would have helped. Nevertheless, this was an okay submission which I think you could've clearly and have seen you do better.

Alton - I like this submission, Alton. I see why you are keeping this shot because I don't think you can go wrong with this submission. It translates happy energy, while you can easily be outshone by that stunning dog - you were doing your own thing and really radiates the same energy. The white backdrop also helps viewers see through this shot clearly.

Jonathan - Well, Jonathan I believe this is an intriguing shot. I definitely would have looked through this on a highway and would be left amazed. Seeing this in a billboard the way this was shot, and your pose made it really interesting. I was immediately sold with those shades, which as you stated what the photo commercially was.

Sora - I can actually picture this being a billboard shot, especially in a bright city, it transcends that energy, that nightlife. You are the focus of the shot and it was evident here. It definitely gives an advertisement vibe and any product, from perfume, makeup, or items of clothing would actually work.

Kai - Oh I like this shot, easily your best shot of the season and one of the best shots I've seen in the competition. It felt like a scene like you were trying to get out of the billboard which would be really intriguing and exciting for those passing by. I want billboard shots that would leave me shaken and I think you did the assignment right.

Guinevere - High fashion! The first word I could come up with when I saw this shot. Definitely stunning, eye-catching, and overall just a great shot. This would look really good on a billboard and it really is something you can't go wrong with as well. That signature Guinevere fire you have certainly just ignited more.

Xu Meen - Ending this photoshoot, I think this was a solid submission. That red pants was a standout and I would have loved it if it transcended into your whole outfit. I liked the setting of the shot, very unconventional but did work in your favor. This was a solid submission.
235 days ago
Jerard
XXCLOSEDXX
235 days ago
Minie
Kai;Thank you judges! Hope that’s enough to save me.

Good luck everyone ♥️ we are such a solid 8. I’d be sad to see 2 of us leaving 😭
235 days ago
Minie
I hope it’s not me tho 😭😭😭 so nervous
235 days ago
Dimitra
Good luck everyone 💜❤️💜❤️
235 days ago
Jerard
We're going to start now.
235 days ago
Jerard
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~PANEL~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
235 days ago
Jerard
We shall start.
235 days ago
Jerard
Hello, Top 8, Welcome to the panel this week today we'll witness who just survived the Megaleg.

open group

NEXT TOP MODEL 20: Fans vs Favorites

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!