This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

#NTM19 - Challenge & Photoshoot (10)

Topic » #NTM19 - Challenge &..

312 days 9 hours ago
Jerard
XXCLOSEDXX
312 days 8 hours ago
Jerard
Panel will be on July 3, 6:00 PM EST
311 days 3 hours ago
spinfur
ngl I'm actually kinda disappointed by a lot of these shots (sorry haven't been around recently been sick and had vacation so I'm hoping to get back on it)

Anyways let's actually dive into these critiques

V - This is one of the two shots I'm actually really impressed with, I definitely get the vibe of waking up early in the morning hungover confused as to why you're in a bathtub at a party. The clothes being a bit more torn open makes me think you did some things you may regret as well and I could see this as like a darker version of Katy Perry's "Last Friday Night" which is kinda funny. I also really love your facial expression in this as it's a mix of annoyance but also confusion because you just don't remember anything. I think the only thing I have to critique is your arm being posed by your hand, I think it would be more of an affect if you had that arm by your side that makes you just completely dazed and out of it but overall good job!

Anja - First of all welcome back! I was so sad to see you go when you were eliminated so I was happy to see you back in this race. So for your photo I can see how you twisted this episode title to fit what you were going for and I agree with how the "ladies of the night" could drive men crazy. However looking at the photo I think the quality is what really kills this shot here as it's giving vintage but also with how vintage this shot looks and all the lights and everything going on, I think it could be mistaken for a paparazzi photo is someone weren't looking close attention. I don't know if that was your intention or not but I do warn that paparazzi photos tend to be looked down upon. I also think with how the lighting is and where your standing, the lighting isn't really complimenting you here you just seem so small in relation to the rest of the photo which I don't think was your intention. Overall I'm glad your back I just hope this wasn't a revolving door.

Liu - This is the other photo I'm really impressed with, I thought you were take the prompt and go literal with the meaning but I really do appreciate your explanation and I think everyone knows the reference you're making with Wednesday, and I really appreciate you not going the obvious route, and instead doing something more dark, and really diving into the episode meaning and what it could represent. I think you are really finishing strong in this contest, and I do hope you can continue the momentum to get you to the semis.

Jackson - I like the story behind this photo, and I do see what you're going for. All the elements are blending together quite nicely it's just the lighting is really killing the quality, plus with what you're wearing it's really not helping to flatter you. I would take off those sunglasses especially since you're in such a dark lighted area, we NEED to see your eyes to help bring us into the photo a bit more because I just feel that this photo isn't the strongest I've seen from you and it just seems very cheap (for a lack of a better word). I do think if you were able to give us a stronger presence in your photo it would have been amazing but you sitting there just drinking a drink with those huge sunglasses blocking your face... yeah I'm not sure.

Rianne - Again the quality of the photo isn't the greatest, and I think it was such a killer having this photo in black and white because you blend in way too much with how low quality this photo is. It just seems very grainy, and with you wearing that blackish fabric it really harms you. I do appreciate how comedic this photo is,  and your posing but the quality of the photo really hurts this as it just seems too grainy for me. Overall it's a simple photo so I can't critique much, but comparing this photo to some of the stuff your competitors submitted yeah idk this might be one of the weaker photos of the night.
311 days 2 hours ago
Jerard
COMMENTS:

V (The Guy Who Parties Too Hard) - A prompt I definitely did not see someone will be picking up, much else, you. I actually like this shot, it is direct to the point. You created a story that sums up this whole look and it worked. The facial expression speaks "now, what did I do?" moment, and the entire setting really worked in your favor.

Anja (The Girl Who Drives Everyone Crazy) - First of all, you look completely different here, and if I wouldn't have guessed it was you. One thing I really liked here is the color scheme, the lighting, the nightlife in colors. Now, when I look at this shot - I wasn't getting that prompt completely, but your explanation did make sense and really helped make this shot more than what it actually is.

Liu (The Girl Who Wants To Step on a Pretty Flower) - Again, one of the prompts I wouldn't predict being chosen. When I saw this shot, I immediately was struck with that prompt. This definitely looks the part, and you look great. The whole look definitely gives Wednesday vibes, which you also do seem to portray, which also seems something Wednesday would do - step on a cutesie, colorful, pretty flower. Great job!

Jackson (The Guy Who Sets a Trap) - Just by looking at this shot, this is something I'd be remembering for a while, in a good way, or should I say in the best way? Jackson, this was really smart. These last remaining weeks are the most critical, while you need to be really careful, you also should think about going big and that's what you did right here. I need no scenario in order to get this. You look like a mastermind who's up with something, and that big shadow behind you was a nice touch as well.

Rianne (The Girl Who Gets Rushed to the Emergency Room) - The things you'd do in this competition though... Anyway, what an unexpected prompt, that took a shot at going big, big time. I don't know if the black & white worked in your favor here because you blended in here which poorly again wasn't working well. I liked how this was very different from most of your shots though, but it wasn't just impactful for me as with your other shots or from what I've seen tonight in the Top 5.
311 days 1 hour ago
Jerard
Judge Garrett will be filling in Judge Lenox's seat, and starting his comments now. Again, apologies for the delay.
311 days 1 hour ago
Jerard
Do wait for a couple more minutes, because there's an announcement after the panel and you might not want to miss it.
311 days 1 hour ago
SeongWoo
馃槺馃槺
311 days 1 hour ago
Minie
:o
311 days 1 hour ago
Brandonh1
Garrett Neff//

Anja Rubik (Delano): "The Girl Who Drives Everyone Crazy," I think your description was very detailed and thought out; however, I think your shot, although it was scenic, was basic. If I saw this photo, I would not automatically match it to this episode because it does not go with it.

Jackson Yee (SeongWoo): "The Guy Who Sets a Trap" Jackson, this shot is pretty solid. I can see the "trap" representation with the red light, normally associated with traps.

Liu Wen (coolKat): "The Girl Who Wants To Step on a Pretty Flower" Overall, I think this shot is very bland. I can see the whole Wednesday Addams look, but that's pretty much it.

Rianne Van Rompaey (Rubes): "The Girl Who Gets Rushed to the Emergency Room" Why did I laugh when I saw your shot? LOLL Anyways, Rianne, I think this shot was probably my favorite of the night, and I don't feel bad about saying that. I think this shot gives everything you speak of in your explanation. It matches your title and everything, so good job!

Kim Taehyung "V" (Minie): V, I think overall you did a good job interpreting "The Guy Who Parties Too Hard." I think the "bathtub" and expression on your face depict that. Another interesting but obvious approach would have been a shot with you, maybe over the toilet, sick, and throwing up, but overall, this wasn't bad.
311 days 1 hour ago
Jerard
Panel in a few minutes.
311 days 1 hour ago
Jerard
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~PANEL~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
311 days 1 hour ago
Jerard
If you are here, do not hesitate to join in...
311 days 1 hour ago
Jerard
Unfortunately, Judge Taylor wasn't able to make comments, but she did manage to send her scores. Judge Lenox's seat was filled by our very own Judge Garrett.
311 days 1 hour ago
Jerard
The scores that you will get are based on:

CHALLENGE SCORE + JUDGES SCORE (from highest to lowest) = TOTAL
311 days 1 hour ago
Jerard
To remind you again, the scores you will get this week will be added to your scores for the next panel wherein one of you will be eliminated. So if anyone of you did go the easy route this week, you might want to kick it up a notch next week.

open group

NEXT TOP MODEL 20: Fans vs Favorites

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!