This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

#NTM19 - Challenge & Photoshoot (7)

Topic » #NTM19 - Challenge &..

331 days 9 hours ago
humanwebjet1
~ Du Juan ~

https://www7.lunapic.com/editor/working/168688449596207200?17896

In the heart of a quaint, seemingly ordinary neighborhood, there resides a housewife whose allure is as captivating as it is enigmatic. Behind closed doors, her life takes a mysterious turn, unfolding a tale of secret desires and hidden truths. Meet Amelia, a woman with an air of secrecy that shrouds her every move. By day, she meticulously tends to her household chores, adorning a mask of suburban normalcy. But as twilight falls, a different side of her emerges—one that yearns for adventure, passion, and the thrill of the unknown.

Amelia's captivating black-and-white portrait captures her veiled persona, accentuating the shadows that dance across her face, hinting at the depths of her secrets. Her piercing gaze holds the viewer's attention, inviting them to delve deeper into the mystery she conceals. Intrigued by her aura, we find ourselves drawn into her world, where hidden desires and clandestine rendezvous intertwine.

Is Amelia simply a housewife, or is she an undercover agent navigating a web of intrigue? Perhaps she is a long-lost lover yearning for a forbidden connection, or a prodigious artist harboring her true identity beneath domesticity's guise. Is she a prisoner of her own creation, longing to break free? Or does she revel in the enigma she has become, relishing the duality of her existence? This is what I bring forth for my black and white shot today!
331 days 6 hours ago
coolKat
-Liu Wen-

https://i.imgur.com/po8Wc3y.jpg

For this photo I wanted to give you something that made fun use of shadows. As this is a black and white photo I do think shadows are an integral part of the photo- and helps draw some interests with light which would usually be captivated by color
331 days 3 hours ago
Minie
V
My pose today defines stability. How my performance was throughout this season. Well except this week. :/
I’m in a very tight spot this week but I hope this shot can save me.
https://imgur.com/a/4U2gzJD

Additionally, I also wanted to show off my lean long legs! They are quite famous !
I got some proof here if you are interested!
https://btsbomb.com/bts-taehyung-legs-trended-over-the-world/amp/
331 days ago
Rubes
~ Rianne Van Rompaey ~

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/55f45174e4b0fb5d95b07f39/1555264100476-OBFE0PRESOERNDK8NZFR/Rianne-Van-Rompaey-Vogue-Italia-April-2019-+%282%29.jpg

The task this week is to be captivating while presenting a grayscale photo. And what is more captivating than a photo that makes no sense? I’m at the beach right by the sea, stood on a ladder, dressed with lots of pearl jewellery, looking off into the distance. I look great! Let’s hope a wave doesn’t come and wipe me out though.
331 days ago
Jerard
XXCLOSEDXX
330 days 22 hours ago
Jerard
I already have Woobin’s pick on who she will be changing the photo of…
330 days 22 hours ago
Jerard
Woobin: "I'll use it on the other Doja only because I see them as a power player"
330 days 22 hours ago
Jerard
Doja, will be using her backup photo which she submitted on time.
330 days 22 hours ago
Jerard
Doja's backup shot:

https://hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-prod/images/elm060122wldoja009a-1652469307.jpg?crop=1.00xw:0.963xh;0,0.0374xh&resize=980:*

This is a cookie alien realness. I love the svante guarde and fish out of water archetype.
330 days 20 hours ago
Jerard
Also, for those who weren't picked by Woobin, you can still reuse your submitted backup shots in the future.
330 days 19 hours ago
Jerard
Juan's alternative link (sent via mail):

https://i.ibb.co/LSc0Vpy/1579369-800w-modified.jpg
330 days 4 hours ago
Jerard
Panel tonight at 6PM EST.
330 days ago
tast519
Jon
Thank you, Jerard, for giving me the chance to guest judge. This season's models really impressed me this week. Nice work.

Jackson: You look cute and I like the risk. I wish I could see more of your face though.
Kim Woobin: This is the kind of photo I wanted to see for this theme! You're not doing much, but I can't stop looking at the photo. Your eyes are stunning and you're oozing confidence.

Du Juan: This is pretty, but your competition is stiff! I think if you had more umph in the photo somewhere whether in your eyes hands or body, I think it would have elevated this photo.

Liu Wen: I love the contrast between your pose and the shadow behind you. Other than that, this photo doesn't captivate me. You're kind of just laying there expressionless.

V: I love this one! You have such a wild pose, but your body looks so good in that outfit that it makes me want to buy it.

Rianne: Ooh! This is not what I was expecting from this photoshoot in a good way. Your face, pose, outfit, jewlery, hands, all of it is striking and gorgeous to me.

Doja: I got a chance to see both of your photos. I honestly think your alternative is the stronger one. I think this works well! I love everything from your head positioning to your subtle crooked pose.
329 days 20 hours ago
IceBear
Jude Reece’s Comments:

Jackson - I want to like this more than I do. The dark lighting is the central issue for me. Wearing a shining texture was a smart move to clearly distinguish your arms from your pants, but I would have liked to see your eyes a little more clearly. The closed off pose is not conventional and I can appreciate your risk for that.

Woobin - Yes Woobin! It was a risk to only do an upper body shot, but, I think your decision makes this your stare more dramatic. You’re selling that watch so well. This feels like a step up and a whole different portrayal from the first challenge.

Du - You are such a talented writer! The backstory behind “Amelia” is so well written and creates this mysterious aura about her. I just wish that translated into the photo even more than it does. You eyes look fixated on something into the distance as if you’re waiting for the coast to be clear. Maybe if you were standing up or recreating a pose similar to a household chore I’d appreciate this more, but lying on the bed isn’t my favorite choice. I enjoyed the story you created, I just wished you gave us more.

Liu - You used your surroundings beautifully this round. You look tall as your hand dangles off the ledge, which captured my attention. The shadow is the star of the shot and I found it enjoyable. I agree with Judge Jon that a different facial expression is good recommendation. Your photoshoot has fun, interesting elements to it, but your face isn’t selling me on that.

V - I love this shot! I was so intrigued that I rotated the photo on its side and upside down for a new perspective. Even then you’re as captivating as ever! Your legs are the star of the show and the triangle gap is a great choice! Your hand placement along with your stare show that you’re still serving us a look instead of just laying there. This is a great redemption effort!

Rianne - “What is more captivating than a photo that makes no sense?” Touché. I have no idea what you’re supposed to be portraying, but I am very curious to know more. I love your arched pose on the ladder. It’s a small decision, but it goes a long way to highlight your legs, jewelry, and hair. Well done!

Doja - This may be a hot take, but I think Woobin did you a favor by making you switch photos. You gaze does give me a “fish out of water” vibe but in the best way possible. The rings around your neck in association with the all black outfit help you create an intriguing look. The horn on your head makes this shot memorable for me and I would have liked a more dynamic pose where you could show that off. Considering this was your backup shot, you held your own.
329 days 14 hours ago
Jerard
COMMENTS:

Jackson - For this week, we are looking for a "captivating shot", must I say this is definitely one of your most captivating ones. Now, I did see where Judge Jon is about this but it adds more mystery to me in a good way about your facial expression. This is definitely one of my favorite shots from yours.

Woobin - First of all, Congratulations on your challenge win, starting in a good position this week. Definitely, a more complex task to have a half-body shot, but it does well in focusing on the face. You are really selling me that watch, which is a good thing but I wasn't as sold with this overall.

Juan - That was quite a well-written story, Juan. Now, how I wish that translated as much in your photo, just like Reece I did wish you could have given us more. You had much more to work on here compared to the first two shots tonight, and it could've elevated you in some more ways.

Liu - I am liking the pose you were working on this wide shot. I did wish your facial expression was as strong because it kinda didn't give me that power I usually see from you. Was it enough to ruin the shot? It surely is not. You've managed to still made this shot as captivating as required.

V - You may have started this round in a bad light, but with this shot, I believe you will end it in a good way. I was waiting for "the captivating shot" and I believe you've given us that. I must say, you may have been one of our shorter male models, but this week you look quite as tall as you can get.

Rianne - Oh you really know what you are doing, dear. I am a fan of this shot. Again, the elements you have in this picture are endless and you made sure to use it to your whole advantage. The posing is magnificent, stunning! The elements may not have made sense initially but it definitely made a great overall shot.

Doja - I must say your initial submission wasn't as strong as this, so do say thank you to Woobin for picking you up. The headpiece was extra but it wrapped this whole shot beautifully. And it did definitely gave "captivating", which is what I am looking for tonight. The requirement was that, and you did just that.

open group

NEXT TOP MODEL 20: Fans vs Favorites

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!