This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

#NTM19 - Challenge & Photoshoot (6)

Topic » #NTM19 - Challenge &..

333 days 13 hours ago
Delano
Anja Rubik

ERA: EVERMORE

This shoot represents the era of EVERMORE. Here I am bringing a representation of the sadness that Taylor shows in her songs, but even if the sad feeling is the most part, you can see details of Taylor's resilience and strength in some songs. An example is the song WILLOW, in which she says that she is hard on the outside and cuts like a knife on the inside, demonstrating that she is also strong to deal with losses and love disappointments. In my photo, I'm working with this duality. Simple clothes, fixed look, which shows an ambiguous feeling, just like this album. It is a sad era, but it can also mean a transition to a moment of self-knowledge. The environment I chose was also purposeful, giving an idea that she is away to connect with herself, just as I interpret this era of taylor and the photos in the album also demonstrate this.

https://imgur.com/a/N2S0lXq
333 days 13 hours ago
Ajathekween
Doja Cat

Era: Reputation

Big reputation, big reputation
Ooh, you and me, we got big reputations, ah
And you heard about me, ooh
I got some big enemies

Surprisingly this is my favorite Taylor Swift Era, she fully embraces being a villain rather than a victim and takes control of her narrative all due to the beef with Kim Kardasian and her now ex husband Kanye West. The most memorable moment is when Taylor was swarmed with snake emoji’s in the comments. So I’m bringing the snakes to life and showing darker more villainous side to Doja.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FtYGAJJXgBYeMAi?format=jpg&name=large
333 days 12 hours ago
Rubes
~ Rianne Van Rompaey ~

ERA: FOLKLORE

Folklore is all about the observation and reflection on change. Simply sitting back and taking it in is what’s needed instead of taking action. I also wanted to take into account the nature in Taylor Swift’s album photos too taking them from black and white to colour.

Photo 1:
https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/55f45174e4b0fb5d95b07f39/1608651410293-3BWF93G6EK0MMCFKRA63/Rianne+Von+Rompaey+by+Luigi+Iango+Vogue+Japan+Feb+2021+%2813%29.jpg

Photo 2:
https://www.fashionotography.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Rianne-van-Rompaey-covers-Vogue-Japan-February-2021-by-Luigi-Iango-12.jpg
333 days 11 hours ago
humanwebjet1
~ Du Juan ~

Era: Red

https://i.mdel.net/i/db/2020/4/1322330/1322330-800w.jpg

In this shot I hope to capture the essence of Taylor Swift's album "Red." It serves as a visual representation of the emotional journey depicted in the album's evocative lyrics. Within this image, I, as the subject, am portrayed as a figure consumed by the depths of heartbreak, rendered motionless and paralyzed by an overwhelming wave of emotions that echo the sentiments expressed in Taylor Swift's music.

The setting chosen for the shot plays a vital role in reinforcing the correlation with the album. The scene is overtaken by a sea of red and darkness, creating a metaphorical landscape that mirrors the tumultuous emotions. As you gaze upon the photo, you are immediately struck by the immobility and stagnation that permeate the scene. It is a frozen moment in time, where the weight of my heartbreak holds me captive, rendering me incapable of moving forward or breaking free from the overwhelming emotions that surround me. PARALYSIS.
333 days 10 hours ago
camell22
~~~Kim Woobin~~~

Era: Speak Now

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/f0/8e/2c/f08e2c008c1c5ce8a16e8519bac2bc80.jpg

Who wants to seek love with me? Come, come sit next to me as I put your mind at ease while I sing you a tune.

I'm giving you much of a gentler approach, so far you have seen the serious, fun, and adventurous side of me, but right now I'm giving you more of a softer side of myself.

The story I'm giving you with this photo is that my father who is a very wealthy man, wants me to take over his company with a pre-selected wife.

Obviously, I don't want that because I don't care about the money and the business. I want my life to be controlled by myself. Seeking my own wealth, seeking my own happiness, and hoping to seek my own love.

So I'm not gonna stop traveling place by place, strumming my ukulele going towards the bright future with my future love one.
333 days 9 hours ago
SeongWoo
Jackson Yee ' Midnights

https://i.imgur.com/Q3GqFAc.png

Midnights is a versatile album that tackles Taylor's personal issues, particularly with regard to her relationships and love life. It's an era that's going to be about insecurity, wanting to come out on top and also wanting to be loved, and that's noticeable in a lot of the songs.

The color palette that the album brings reflects the immensity of confused feelings about what is happening to her. The environments are also paramount in the era, because it demonstrates how difficult it is to be okay with some situations.

Also, it's an era where she's falling in love all over again, and she'd better brace herself for the new rollercoaster of emotions that are going to come. So, the phrase that defines this era well is: internal conflicts.

Connecting what was described above to my photo we can see the facial expression connecting to the internal conflicts experienced by Taylor. The environment and the window representing the possibility of something new and because they are closed shows a certain insecurity.

Leaving the emotional part and going to the aesthetic part, taking a little of what was mentioned, a palette focused on earthy colors like the autumn palette, wide pants and in neutral tones, exuberant and cozy clothes, and everything else found in this photo seeks to make a connection with the feelings that the album brings.
333 days 4 hours ago
Minie
V
Era : 1989

Taylor Swift named 1989 after her birth year, which corroborates the influence of 1980s synth-pop.She described the title as a symbolic rebirth of her image and artistry, severing ties with the country stylings of her previous albums.

In this album cover the sweat shirt she’s wearing has flying seagulls which represents freedom.

Now to what the judge Taylor provided us with:

The aesthetic of “1989” celebrated youth and the freedom that comes with growing up — but also a sadness, too. Wanting to feel some nostalgic  (based on the Polaroid for the album cover)

So finally for todays shoot I have taken all these points into consideration.

In my picture, I am dressed in white to celebrate her rebirth while also showcasing the white feathers that symbolizes new beginnings & hope!

The black hole represents my past filled with nostalgic emotions of happiness, sadness, regrets & accomplishments.

My stance and expressions in the picture implies that even though I am ready for a new beginning and a new chapter that I am still drawn to my past as it’s something that’s not easy to let go of.

https://i.imgur.com/wZLENbn.jpg
332 days 19 hours ago
coolKat
-Liu Wen-

Era: Lover

It is mentioned that this album is a light era for Taylor Swift, and it is. It’s sandwiched between an album that’s a little more angry and then an album that is a little more somber. It is also mentioned you should go for a colorful aesthetic for this era which is exactly what I’m doing. And I’m also following the colors of the album, with the blue, purple, pink, and gold.

https://i.mdel.net/i/db/2022/11/1826626/1826626-800w.jpg

Cover:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/cd/Taylor_Swift_-_Lover.png
332 days 16 hours ago
Jerard
XXCLOSEDXX
332 days 13 hours ago
spinfur
Anja: “Evermore” - Hello Anja! I was really surprised that you took the Evermore era, especially having the first pick as you posted first. I think you could have given us something completely unique with this dark era however I just don’t get that in your photo. I do think your emotions and especially your eyes captivate the feeling of the era, but everything around you is really hurting this as it seems so bright and colorful, and Judge Taylor specifically said in her description of the era that it’s more dark and despair. With all the bright colors of the flowers and the sun giving you this beautiful spotlight, it’s hard to see dark and despair and even a bit of moodiness since light can do a lot to set the stage for a moody picture, just look at some of the photos from the last episode. Overall I think you have the emotion and posing right, but you have to make sure every element works out here.

Doja - So I have a really bad phobia of snakes but it’s not going to stop me from judging this photo, I do love the nod to Taylor’s past with the snake emoji, plus I just love the boss energy your facing is serving, with the makeup and everything you’re serving villain which I love. The issue I’m having with this photo is besides the snake and your face everything else just fades in the background, like I’m not saying do a full body shot, but the angle and posing seem to not do you any favors regarding serving a full photo since this photo seems very empty. It’s not a bad shot by any means, but this week has so many good shots I have to be picky. I also want to challenge you here since it seems most of your shots have a basic background with amazing outfits, and I want to challenge you to give us something different and outside the box. Try to give us something complicated with a complex background, and dynamic posing. It’s just a little challenge for you.

Rianne - Congrats on your challenge win! I think you nailed the theme on the head especially with the second photo in which we talk about in a moment. For the first photo where you’re laying in the grass, I think it’s simple but definitely effective, but it’s nothing really to impress me by, the second photo though really gives me Folklore vibes, especially your posing, and I could actually see the inspiration in the album with the forest and you sitting in the tree. I love you’re looking away, and the zoom of the photo is just right to give us an idea of how you're reflecting and thinking within yourself. Plus the draping veil really adds to the effect, I think perhaps maybe a little too much? I think I would have moved that veil behind you so we can see your face reflecting much more clearly, but overall good photo!

Juan - JUAAAAN Oh my god after your hiccup last week this week I’m honestly so impressed with the photoshoot. The moment I opened up your photo I got hit with a sense of you being trapped, and just your face looking straight into the camera to scream for help, but there truly is no escape from this heartbroken state. I think my only critique is regarding how small you seem but that isn’t a major thing since I know when you feel heartbroken you feel really small in the world. I think the major gripe I have is how relaxed you seem in this photo, at least in your lower half with how you are sitting. And how slouched over you are. I think if you were truly paralyzed you would be more tense or the pose would have you more stiff and vertical. Just a tiny critique but this is a really great photo to represent the Red era.

Woobin - I think you’re finally getting your footing in this competition as I think this is your best photo, especially for Speak Now as it’s the quintessential time Taylor got on the map, and talk about wholesome love. When I look at your photo you just have this inviting presence of you being a nice guy and being super wholesome. I think the posing, your eyes, and the emotion check the right boxers, and I think the angle. I really wish the cropping was a bit more open so we can see the whole background and area to really feel like we’re sitting with you as you play that ukelele, but this is a really strong photo to represent just that era of Taylor swift, it’s simple but really effective

Jackson - I’m really unsure on how I feel about this shot, because you have all the elements that I can see in the album aesthetics and just the era in general. Like I see isolation in this photo from all the emotions you’re feeling, and I love that you’re peaking out a window as like a “is it safe to come out” sorta pose, especially after seeing Taylor’s journey this is her moment she finally come out and be seen as normal and not a villain. I also love the orange hues as it matches the album photos really well. I think my only critique is how Midnights has two distinct sides, the comfy side which you portrayed but also the glam side, and I kinda wanted to see a mix of both. It’s not a big deal that you didn't also include the glamorous side, but still I wanted to see a nice blend of both since Midnights did include both. Overall though I think this was a solid attempt to portray this era.

V - V honestly you just keep surprising me with these photos you keep delivering like I never know what to expect, 1989 is about youth, and with your photo I think I can see something related to that. I definitely get freedom from just posing and everything going on in the photo, plus you wearing all white and throwing those feathers down the hole makes me think you broke free from captivity, and finally doing something that frees you. With the black hole being in relation to the heaviness of nostalgia I think it slightly is a bit of a stretch however you really sell it with how you’re modeling this photo. I think I want a little more light hearted elements with this photo though as I’m not getting enough youth, and seeing Taylor in this era she’s having fun with who she is and enjoying her 20s. Overall though I am really impressed with this photo, and you just keep bringing it.

Liu - I think Lover is one of the most difficult eras to portray since there isn’t much especially since it is between two MAJOR eras with Folklore and Reputation so I am kinda shocked you picked this one over Fearless. The challenge was to create this era as a person, and although the background is very colorful and matches the aesthetic, I’m really not impressed with the main focus which is you, the mono-gold look doesn’t really get me to think of the lover era, while also the posing and emotion doesn’t make me think it’s a love story to itself, ergo stepping into a light mentality and headspace from being in your “villain era”. I think you did have the right idea with the colors, but the colors in the background really can’t do this photo justice to match the era you were trying to portray. The mood also seems a bit more darker compared to the actual album with the bright and color pastels. I think in a normal week this would be a good photo, but this week everything has been bringing it so unfortunately this is one of the weaker shots.
331 days 13 hours ago
Brandonh1
Garrett Neff//

Anja Rubik (Delano): "EVERMORE," I will second everything Judge Malika stated. Judge Taylor stated that Evermore is more like "sadness" and "dark," which isn't represented here in your photo. The flowers in the background are very bright, and with the overall look and pose, it's not screaming sadness to me. I can see "Speak Now" or "Lover" instead of "EVERMORE."

Doja Cat (Ajathekween): "Reputation" Doja, I agree when you think "Reputation," you think about snakes and the very iconic song "Look What You Made Me Do," which had several snake references. You did a great job incorporating the snake persona that Taylor ran with and turned a negative into a positive. In terms of your shot, I think you did a great job. I love the pose and facial expression, which, for some reason, screams "revenge," which I love, so good job!

Jackson Yee (SeongWoo): "Midnights" I can for sure see the autumn-type aesthetic with the cozy clothing (the sweater and pants), so you for sure hit the aesthetic factor that Judge Taylor asked for. Regarding your photo, you did a good job as well. I love the pose of you looking out the window. I came across a picture of Taylor from a promotional photo shoot she did for "Midnights," and I saw a photo very similar to yours where Taylor was looking off into the distance with a similar color background and similar clothing, so with that, I don't have anything negative to say.

Du Juan (humanwebjet1): "Red" Du, I love the thought and creativity of connecting all the pieces here. You did well correlating the sea of red to sadness or being heartbroken. The scenery takes the focus from you just a little since there is so much to take in with your shot, but overall, I don't think you did a bad job.

Liu Wen (coolKat): "Lover" I agree Lover was a bit lighter. I don't have that much to comment on, but you did a solid job connecting the album cover to your photo.

Rianne Van Rompaey (Rubes): "Folklore" Folklore was very "black and white," so I will say I do wish the first photo, which is one I could for sure see as the album cover was black and white. I do, however, like the second picture more than the first. The second photo resembles a few images from the "Folklore" album, where Taylor sits under a tree and on top of a tree stump. Again I wish these photos were black and white, BUT I will say I love the interpretation and route you are going with. "Reflection" and "Observation" were referenced as it relates to Folklore, and both are present in photo #2, so overall, I think you did well.

Kim Taehyung "V" (Minie): "1989" This was one of my favorites from Taylor, and I'm not even the biggest Taylor Swift follower like most. I agree 1989 was a shift from her usual country and where Taylor tapped into her "pop" side. Like Judge Malika, I see the "freedom" and even "rebirth" side of things, especially with the white feathers. I believe the black hole is a stretch, but you could persuade someone to see otherwise.

Kim Woobin (camell22): "Speak Now," I think your description was a lot to take in and accurately figure out what you're trying to display, which could turn into a "stretch," especially with me trying to figure out how your explanation connects to your photo. This one isn't one of your blatant, obvious ones, which is not a bad thing at all, but with your picture, it did take me a little while to take everything in and accurately figure out what you were showing and how this photo is showcasing "Speak Now." If we reference Judge Taylor's description of "Speak Now," part of what she stated was "the heroin era…where she was writing mostly about love," so I guess that's present depending on how you look at it, but it's a stretch at the same time.

Garrett’s Top 3 (No Particular Order)

- Doja Cat

- Rianne Van Rompaey

- Jackson Yee
331 days 13 hours ago
SeongWoo
' Jackson Yee

omg, im crying 😭😭
331 days 3 hours ago
Jerard
Panel tonight at 6 PM EST.
330 days 14 hours ago
Jerard
COMMENTS:

Anja (Evermore) - Hi Anja, I definitely see where my two co-judges are pointing out in your photo this week, the popping colors really didn't help you here. Now, I love the whole look. The eyes themselves are screaming sadness to me but also with hints of resiliency you realize you had, just like what you said. I just don't know how this overall photo will do against others' tonight.

Doja (Reputation) - I think out of everyone tonight, I kinda did expect you to pick the Reputation, not that it's a bad thing. It shows you know your branding and your strengths. You having that snake as a metaphor was definitely smart. The black clothes and facial expressions are on point, it does scream power and revenge. Again, Doja you did not disappoint.

Rianne (Folklore) - Visually, your two shots are just stunning. Your first shot, I think this would have looked as good as a black and white shot. But then, when I saw your second photo, that's what I am looking for. You definitely captured the feels of Folklore, not only that, the overall presentation is definitely top-notch, one of your best shots I believe.

Juan (Red) - In contrast with Doja tonight, I didn't see you going in this route, Juan. Now, I was glad you didn't because of this photo - "Wow!", that's the only word that really came to my mind when I saw this shot. Everything you just stated in your explanation I saw it the first glance. Your last two weeks have been rough compared to the earlier ones, but I believe this week that fire in you just came back.
330 days 14 hours ago
Jerard
Woobin (Speak Now) - First of all, Speak Now is one of my favorite albums by Taylor. Your photo, I think did give a different feel, not only tonight but also with the previous shots I've seen you, that shows versatility which I like very much. I do wish the image itself was expanded more.

Jackson (Midnights) - After that challenge, you really need to prove yourself in this photoshoot tonight Jackson, and that is what you certainly most did. I am glad you took this direction, the overall is definitely a stand-out tonight. You captured the aesthetic I see the Midnights were trying to portray in its audience. This is a job well done.

V (1989) - I also did not see it coming, you picking 1989. But that definitely not was the highlight for me, the shot itself - again, you are constantly surprising me, or should I say all of us in the judging panel. V, you are just doing better and better each round. The whole "rebirth", and "new beginnings", are very evident in your photo even without explanation it would have worked.

Liu (Lover) - I would agree with Judge Malaika on her statement, first on your pick of the era, definitely a hard one. The background, and the color palette you need not explain, but I don't know it felt like it was the only connection I can see in your shot. But the shot itself was gorgeous nonetheless.

open group

NEXT TOP MODEL 20: Fans vs Favorites

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!