This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

#NTM16 - Challenge & Photoshoot (7)

Topic » #NTM16 - Challenge &..

1387 days 12 hours ago
coolKat
Fernanda Ly- Women’s Safety

One thing I’m very very passionate about is women’s safety. Many women in today’s day and age still fear for themselves when out in public and alone. They have to resort to defense mechanisms to keep themselves safe and unharmed. Like keeping keys between their knuckles or pepper spray. Most men and even some women don’t realize the extent of this problem. Sure women aren’t the only targets of harassment or kidnappings or well... you know, but they are deemed an easier target- especially when alone. The people who target women in this kind of way usually go after them because they see them as weak and unable to fight for themselves. However I await a day where women are free to walk to their car late at night and drive home without any problems with anybody. I await the day where women are free to take late night walks and not have to stop at every single noise they hear because they are scared.

In this photo I’m modeling that day where women can feel safe to be outside alone, where they don’t have to fear for their lives.

https://fashioneditorials.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Grazia-Australia-September-2016-Fernanda-Ly-by-David-Mandelberg-6.jpg

I’m walking outside at night! Enjoying myself, not caring about the noises because now there is nothing to be scared of... women are no longer having to be scared anymore because they are safe- in this fictional world...
1387 days 11 hours ago
spinfur
==Caroline Tretini===

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/2c/3a/8e/2c3a8ed90b5a6395e8e0400a82931d76.jpg

Something that I fight for is the conversation of Native lands, you know those who have tradition and who were true settlers in locations before they got taken over. Nowadays they are rare but natives were a big part of our history, and we even adopted some of our culture from them, or something we stole it without giving credit. Things like dream catchers and stuff are now popular but they were a native thing first.

With the urbanization and just overall the need to take more land from natives in order to build strive, we're soon going to make their culture extinct if we don't do anything, so I decided for this photo shoot I'm going to embrace my native side.
1387 days 9 hours ago
turkeylover
▀▄▀▄▀▄ Jason Anthony ▄▀▄▀▄▀

One thing I’m passionate about is bringing awareness to alcoholism and its effect on people. Alcoholism can lead to mental and psychical health problems which is why we should bring awareness to it. So, for this photoshoot, I wanted to play a character and tell a story with my photo while also showing some of the consequences of alcoholism. In this photo, I’m representing a man who turned to alcohol as a way to cope with his problems. My body language is more depressed while my facial expression is angry. Both of these emotions can get worse as a result of drinking.

https://www.malemodelscene.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Jason-Anthony-How-To-Spend-It-03-620x827.jpg
1387 days 8 hours ago
Rubes
Ajak Deng Photoshoot

https://66.media.tumblr.com/3ddc20cd9c479aad1373fe410042d05f/tumblr_p78gu0MvXw1sg9ucio1_1280.jpg

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Today I am showing awareness for Black Lives Matter. As a black person it is my duty to stand up for myself. Don’t let anybody treat you differently because of the colour of your skin. Nobody should go through the awful things that black people have had to suffer through it’s absurd and it’s a violation to our community. Everyone needs to come together to make Black Lives Mattter he heard! And that is exactly what happened.

Another thing I would like to bring up is the poverty in certain countries in Africa specifically Yemen and even Ajak’s home country South Sudan. Dozens of petitions went round attempting to save adults and children living in Yemen. The virus hit them and their country has been getting worse every day. Still nothing has been done to save them of their AWFUL lifestyle which they have to put up with 24/7! I am here to show you and emote to you the pain these PEOPLE suffer through as well as all the black community as a whole. Things need to change and we are the ones that are lucky enough to be living in luxury. And you may say “oh but I’m poor” and that may be true but to those children suffering every single day in Yemen would DIE to have a life like yours! We are lucky. We are privileged and we need to help those who are not so fortunate to fell safe and looked after. Thank you.

PS: (I am giving you vulnerability and passion in this shot. Although it’s a simple headshot it packs a punch when you realise it’s meaning! I hope you enjoy!)
1387 days 8 hours ago
RainbowKing
Joan Smalls || Fight

WOMENS EQUALITY IN THE WORKFORCE

Women's rights in the workplace has always been a long fought battle, and its gotten better, but its still not to the point it should be at. For example, many women still do not make as much money as a man would in the same position. Take into account a CEO of a company. Chances are, if they were male, they would make more money than a female CEO would. Does this seem right? Does this seem fair? Workplaces also shouldn't be able to fire (or use as an example not to hire) a woman if she's pregnant, but they still do. This has been a long fought battle that hopefully will be solved one day. Not to mention, women of color face an even steeper battle. Women are also more likely to be confronted with harassment of many different types compared to men.

In this photo, Joan is shown as a strong, confident, independent, and SUCCESSFUL woman who can hold her own against any man in the workforce! No matter what people identify as, NOBODY should be subjected to harassment, unfair treatment, or pay cuts.

https://bestofcomicbooks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Joan-Smalls-Photoshoot.jpg
1387 days 8 hours ago
humanwebjet1
(As an individual part of the black community, this was soooo well written!!!)
1387 days 8 hours ago
Jerard
XXCLOSEDXX
1387 days 8 hours ago
Jerard
I will see you on July 17, 6PM EST for the panel.
1386 days 22 hours ago
Rubes
humanwebjet1
(As an individual part of the black community, this was soooo well written!!!)

<3333
1385 days 16 hours ago
nikw98
Lenox Tillman Comments:
Before we begin, I just wanted to say i will be judging these shots a bit harsher as it is getting further into the competition and this round will decide who was the bottom half of this competition and which is the top half. I don't want you to be too shocked or upset with them, as i am looking with a magnifying glass and nit picking. (When i say your description helps, take it as a compliment. It means you're understanding what we as judges are needing from you. And if i say it elevates your photo, even better.)

Jacob: I feel this photo comes off as a bit insensitive as it is legitimately you self harming and there is nothing left to the imagination. As someone who has gone through this in the past, it's a bit triggering to see, and the entire photo is a bit cringy/cheesy to me as well. You have definitely done better.

Xi: A shot this close up is a HUGE risk, especially this late in the game, but my god does it work! I love it! While i don't think it's anything groundbreaking, i do think that it works for everything you want it to work for! Great Job!

Naty: Your description helped A LOT. It definitely guided me along and helped me understand your view point, but if it wasn't there, i don't think the picture alone is strong enough to tell me exactly what you were going for. I probably would've gotten more of a human trafficking vibe. I think you did a very solid job!

Aline: Similarly to Naty, i think your description helped a bit. I think that i can still get homelessness from the shot, but i also get (and this is very controversial of me to say) drug addiction. And i believe that to be due to the vibe of the shot. I think it's great, just not your best.

Fernanda: I'm going to start out with the positives. The background of this photo is absolutely perfect for what you are going for. The negatives. The background is the only thing that clues me into what you are going for. I don't get feeling safe in this photo. You seem almost lost to me.

Caroline: Okay. I'm not really understanding this shot. I know what you were trying to go for and i understand the concept, but this photo doesn't connect for me. It doesn't really make much sense to me. It looks ~kinda! indigenous. Not really. I was expecting more... better perhaps.

Jason: I'm torn on this one. On one hand, the vibe of this photo is spot on. The messy hair, the pose, the empty drink in his hand. On the other hand, there are some minor flaws, like the fact that that drink is very obviously not alcohol. But all in all, great job!

Ajak: You never fail to amaze me. I'm in awe. This is fantastic. I love it! I don't really have much to critique! Keep bringing shots of this caliber!

Joan: Joan, Joan, Joan. You HAVE to stop posting late (In general), number 1. Number 2, you have to post photos that you haven't used(This Shoot). Granted this one was for a challenge shot in week 2, it's still not acceptable. I'm most likely going to go easier on you than other judges, due to the fact that i myself in, my first cycle, posted late a bunch and, in my winning cycle, also accidentally posted a photo i had already submitted. Sometimes you forget and that's normal, but you have to be more vigilant. Not onto the shot itself. I really like it. I think it does everything you want it to do without an explanation. I'm just sad i'm going to have to take into consideration that it has already been used, because it was a contender for my best photo this week.

Tops (Before Reconsideration):
Ajak
Joan
Naty

Bottoms:
Jacob
Caroline
1385 days 14 hours ago
kaylee21
I find the critiques above quite frankly, laughable. I mean that with all respect & I respectfully am giving my opinion. I think week after week, Joan is given a pass, when she continues to post late & has now even went as far and gotten lazy to even reuse a photo & you're still giving her a more "nice" review.

Us models are not dumb, we know you two in real life are dating & I think it's unfair. This shouldn't be allowed, because now it makes me personally question if you've always given Joan a high score & better critique because of it. I think this week, you gave me a bad comment & you're probably going to rate me low BECAUSE I speak out. If you do, you do. If this is out of line & I'm removed for this, then that's fine, I'll at least know that the remaining models will not have to worry or will at least be in the know about it. If you're going to be bias, I'd at least do it discreetly. I know my photo was one of the higher ones this week & you're pressed about it. But, it's all good.
1385 days 14 hours ago
coolKat
Man I must be dumb cause I had no idea they were dating... but I do see where Aline is coming from like a lot
1385 days 14 hours ago
tswiftlover13
https://media.giphy.com/media/rYCbb0KkIT0Nq/giphy.gif
https://media.giphy.com/media/J5jmQF8IwNS6Y/giphy.gif
1385 days 14 hours ago
coolKat
Also Joan is like one of the only models I knew coming into this and she is a supermodel she shouldn’t have to reuse shots...., none of us should
1385 days 14 hours ago
tswiftlover13
I agree with ALL OF THIS!!
https://media.giphy.com/media/3oKIP8kNuTJJL3zT0I/giphy.gif

open group

NEXT TOP MODEL 20: Fans vs Favorites

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!