This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

#NTM12 - Challenge & Photoshoot (2)

Topic » #NTM12 - Challenge &..

1961 days 20 hours ago
SeongWoo
Kang Daniel • https://prnt.sc/lxkhy9

Aphrodite is a goddess of Greek Mythology. She is the goddess of love, beauty and sex.

Aphrodite possesses a charm different from the other gods, she has a unique charm and an unusual sensuality.

For the challenge I am conveying a sexier and more mature vibe as well as the goddess.
With a focus also on red color that represents a warm and seductive color in a general design.
1961 days 19 hours ago
Ajathekween
Naomi Smalls as Artemis

Artemis is the Goddess of Hunt and the moon but is associated with nature so I am serving pretedor in the tropics. I am sweet and sexy yet I go in for the kill. I am living my fantasy.

https://thefader--res-cloudinary-com.cdn.ampproject.org/i/s/thefader-res.cloudinary.com/private_images/w_750,c_limit,f_auto,q_auto:eco/F115_people_2_watch_naomi_gwalzer_05_web_jc9m1h/naomi-smalls-rupaul-drag-race.jpg
1961 days 18 hours ago
Survivorgame1
♡MADISON BEER as...Ares♡

https://peopledotcom.files.wordpress.com/2018/11/madison-beer.jpg

Ares is the greek god of war.. "he often represents the physical or violent and untamed aspect of war". He is all about the physical aspect of war, the savageness. This shoot translates over to this because I am standing in front of my throne, waiting to wage war with two savage dogs in my possession, ready to rip anybody to shreds that stands in my way. An official symbol of Ares is actually a dog, along with various weapons.
1961 days 18 hours ago
Tommy123
Paul Wesley

https://paulwesleynetworkblog.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/bildschirmfoto-2013-05-06-um-20-56-52.png

Athena was known for being the god of many things but the one I wanted to portray was inspiration
I decided to portray inspiration because I am an inspiration to young guys in the world today because I inspire them to find love with someone they are truly destined to be with
1961 days 17 hours ago
Brandonh1
Garrett Neff// Apollo

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c7/8d/09/c78d09305385dd4c326ef4e14aa0a086.jpg

If you have ever been to The Vatican or searched Greek gods you probably saw a sculptor of the seminude curly haired male with well-defined legs that really stood out in the sculpture which was Apollo. He was the god of healing or medicine. Apollo gave all of his knowledge about medicine and healing to his son, Asclepius. Although he was known for many good things, Apollo also had a dark side. He could bring plague, or widespread disease, upon people with whom he was angry. For example, when a human woman named Niobe boasted that she had more children than Leto, Apollo's mother, Leto had Apollo kill all of Niobe's sons! So rather than showing the side of Apollo that we're used to seeing I decided to turn and show the other side of Apollo his dark side while also highlighting his legs which were a focal point of the sculpture of the good knowledgeable man in the Vatican that so many people visit today.
1961 days 8 hours ago
hazbez94
Alice Burdeu

http://www.australiasntm.all-antm.net/albums/userpics/10002/normal_Alice_-_Test_124_28Troyt_Coburn29.jpg

Hestia was the goddess of architecture and the hearth. I wanted to take the idea of architecture and make it high fashion and editorial. I think this shot establishes that as I am strong and feminine in a brilliantly structured building and a gorgeous architecture.
1961 days 6 hours ago
ParvatiS
Adriana Lima as Demeter

Demeter is the goddess of the earth, harvest, fertility, agriculture, and nature, most notably known for being responsible with providing crops, and also the fertility of the earth. She is the source of all growth and life and provides all the nutrition on the earth.
In this photo, I am trying to represent the nurturing and fertility of plants and nature which is what Demeter is known for.

https://www.fashiongonerogue.com/wp-content/uploads/igr/images/2011/6/blumarinecampaign2.jpg
1961 days 1 hour ago
cherishthegirl101
https://goo.gl/images/XwS5Zp

Allison harvard as zues

Zues is the father of the gods and men he usaually wears purple and somtimes gold i chose gold and he is usually in the sky and  so i featured the sky
1960 days 23 hours ago
SummerRae101
Hermes was well known for being the God of translators and interpreters, but he also was the ruler of wealth and this is the aspect I decided to tackle in this shoot.

http://barbarablank.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=76756&fullsize=1

With white and gold to symbolize riches and good fortune that Hermes was well known for. The power within the image as symbolizes the power one wealthy person possesses.
1960 days 20 hours ago
haycsclair
The model who will post after this will get a 2-point deduction.
1960 days 4 hours ago
Jerard
XXCLOSEDXX
1959 days 21 hours ago
wileycoyote
Disha: the image isnt bad per say it just feels underwhelming and you seem to have tsken this one very literally, yes god of wine and yes he was a foreign entity but thats the bare basics of it, hes the god of parties to and hes a foreign entity cause he was the deity of a cult that had excessive parties constantly, this feels far to dignified for dionysius

Iveta: loved your explanation, the picture however really leaves a lot to be desired, i dont really see what your describing in it, its super basic and theres text all over it.

Kang: You had a huge advantage here and i feel you took the safe option, it probably wont send you home here but you will start needing to step out of your comfort zone. the photo itself is very red and in a way that makes nothing stand out and outside of that its the same as everything else you have submitted thus far

Naomi: This i really like, theres sone problems like oversaturated lighting and a bit to much negative space but you cant deny your a good model here, explanation coulda really been expanded on though

Madison: This. is. your. week. little things i would change like facial expression but the posing is on point and you are owning it

Paul: Yeah.... no gotta at least try, generic photo and unrelated fluffy explanation, your gonna need to do more for me

Garrett: research and concept, spot on but really this photo doesnt really deliver for me, bad framing, odd choices and the darkness you say is there i just dont see

Alice: excellent photo, doesnt really fly for me, much like disha you took it very literally, the other one you mentioned "hearth" is home and family, does this photo not do the exact opposite?

Adriana: Another very literal response, you didnt miss anything glaring for me but theres also less you could screw up, its solid but really rather unremarkable

Allison: Ignoring your rather basic explanation is just a very meh photo, framing is a mess, your overwhelmed by the clothes and it really isnt your best

Barbie: your explanations fine but really missing something to stand out, much like the photo with your weak expression and excess dead space
1959 days 16 hours ago
carlyjordan14
:::::CARLY'S COMMENTS:::::

- Adriana Lima (ParvatiS) - Demeter
Is animal print your thing or something? You literally have it on each shot you send in. Overall I think you did a good job capturing Demeter, but would have preferred a less sensual pose.

- Alice Burdeu (hazbez94) - Hestia
I don’t like the smallness of this image and it also feel like one you sent in recently. I get where you were trying to go with this, but overall I think it’s just an okay effort.

- Allison Harvard (cherishthegirl101) - Zeus
This is the best you’ve sent in so far, but still not the strongest shot. I think you did a solid job capturing the mightiness of Zeus. I also like the headwear.

- Barbie Blank (SummerRae101) - Hermes
The styling is on point and I love the vibe it gives off. My only think is I wish there was more context within the shot itself, as it feels very bland and without your description it wouldn’t work.

- Disha Patani (acyuta) - Dionysus
This feels like a candid shot, but I will say this one was a tough character to portray. I appreciate the effort in that you used a wine color for your dress and lips. However, the photo itself doesn’t give me a god-like vibe.

- Garrett Neff (Brandonh1) - Apollo
I really love the description you gave and the provocative nature of this shot. It tells a story and the black and white filter enhances it. Simple, yet impactful.

- Iveta Mukuchyan (SharonMaItems) - Poseidon
I’m at least glad you used a professional shot this time. I don’t care for all of the text, but the shot itself is solid. I would have liked a more powerful pose, however, since this feel more seductive than necessary.

- Kang Daniel (SeongWoo) - Aphrodite
I like the concept you were going for here and I think as a whole you executed it well. Maybe unbutton your shirt and this could have felt sexier.

- Kelsey Merritt (lexi_gab12) - Hera
No photo. No comments. Thank U, Next.

- Madison Beer (Survivorgame1) - Ares
It would have been nice to see the full shot, but I do like this. You have a power stance that works well with the angle of the camera. The vicious dog you have next to you also conveys you mean business.

- Naomi Smalls (Ajathekween) - Artemis
Not a fan of the fishnet, however I do like the theme you were going for. The only think I don’t really like is the lighting as it is too bright on you and distorts the image.

- Paul Wesley (Tommy123) - Athena
The black and white filter doesn’t work for this shot and it’s very bland. I get what you were saying in your description though, but would have liked to seen something with a bit more context.
1959 days 7 hours ago
haycsclair
COMMENTS:

Team A

Adriana Lima (Demeter) - I like your description. Simple but concise. You told us the route you're going for. I'm happy that you portrayed my favorite goddess perfectly face-wise. You really look like a goddess here. What I don't like is your borderline sexy pose. It's not necessary for the goddess given to you and it doesn't connect with your "nurturing and fertility" concept.

Alice Burdeu (Hestia) - Taking the theme literally is a big NO in this competition. You presented a photo with you inside a mansion which has an impeccable architectural design. Yes, I see an architecture. But do I see a connection between you and the architecture? Definitely not. Plus this photo looks the same as your photo last week and the quality is very underwhelming.

Barbie Blank (Hermes) - This photo is so-so for me. I love your overall styling. It matches with the setting. Plus the pose and the facial expression really work for you. My major concern is that I don't see a "ruler of wealth" here. There's no god-like feel in this photo and the representation of wealth is very lacking.

Garrett Neff (Apollo) - That's how you do a description. It's very obvious that you took time to research about the god given to you and it paid off. I know highlighting Apollo's legs in your photo is an odd choice but it works for you. Your photo definitely gives off that god vibe. It demands attention as the photo tells a story. Your facial expression is on point. Overall, you did a good job capturing Apollo.

Naomi Smalls (Artemis) - I like your concept. You're really going in for a kill. I'm not a fan of your styling because it doesn't give off a goddess vibe, but it works for the theme. The overall editing is a bit much. I agree with Judge Carly that the lighting distorts the image. Model-wise, you totally delivered this week.

Paul Wesley (Athena) - You can't deny the fact that you didn't put much effort for the shoot this week. Your explanation sounds corny to me and your photo doesn't have anything to do with the theme. Honestly you don't look "inspiring" in your photo. It's bland and very generic.

Team B

Allison Harvard (Zeus) - OH MY GOSH! My favorite shot so far! THIS IS WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR! A photo which gives off a god or goddess vibe. This photo demands attention and it definitely captures the theme this week. The styling, the facial expression, and the pose are all giving me life! You were on the bottom of my score sheet last week, but now you just took the Top spot. Thank you!

Disha Patani (Dionysus) - Your description is good but you took the theme literally. Your photo is an unprofessional shot which is a big NO in this competition. You don't give off that god vibe in this shot. The styling is good but the overall photo is not acceptable for the theme this week.

Iveta Mukuchyan (Poseidon) - I love your explanation. With regards to your photo, I'm glad that you finally have submitted a professional one. I'm not a fan of the styling though as it makes you look like a sexy star instead of a goddess. Nothing's spectacular with your shot as I feel like it doesn't fully capture the theme this week. You really have to work on what photo is good for a certain theme.

Kang Daniel (Aphrodite) - First of all, congrats on your second challenge win. I'm kinda disappointed that you didn't fully take advantage of your win. Your concept is okay. Nothing's new with your photo. There's no "wow" factor. I'm not a fan of the styling and your facial expression and pose don't look sexy and seductive to me. More like a lazy pose and it feels boring.

Kelsey Merritt (Hera) - NO SUBMISSION.

Madison Beer (Ares) - Nice and unique concept but the photo is not that good actually. It would have been nice if it had fully supported your theme but it isn't. I don't see savageness with your dead facial expression in the photo. I can't feel the "war" vibe and there's no god-like feel to it. The good thing is it's better than some of the photos of the models in Team B.

My Top 2 in Team A: Garrett & Naomi

My Top 2 in Team B: Allison and Madison
1959 days 1 hour ago
SeongWoo
Marlon i respect your opinion but i disagre, we only had sent 4 photos, in 2 of them i sent purity/cuteness which are my comfort zone, the sellable challenge i made a neutral shot in all-white, this is the one who i tried to be sexy and you said :"its the same as everything else", c'mon, be fair, its not that good? Ok, but dont say its everything is the same!

open group

NEXT TOP MODEL 20: Fans vs Favorites

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!