This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

#NTM10 - #NTM10 - Challenge & Photoshoot (6)

Topic » #NTM10 - #NTM10 - Challenge..

2228 days 6 hours ago
Neme91
- Adrien Sahores (imprincearthur)
I have to agree with judge Carly for if this shot was in the tone of color I think maybe it would appeal more of that pop vibe. I’m not fully getting it though i can see through your explanation. I feel this as for this shot this could’ve been a lot more sharper but as a individual shot this is perfect.

- Arthur Kulkov (Brandonh1)
One thing I want to comment is that i love that you Arthur are stepping up your game because i could barely recognize photoshoot 6 Arthur to photoshoot 1 Arthur. You look very good in this shot and attributing to the theme i think it plays off it really nice. I get where judge Carly is coming from with maybe too forgettable but in it’s own way it stands out.

- Augusta Alexander (bambinoswag)
Honesty you nailed it when you incorporated coca-cola into it. Any coca-cola shot I think would immediately appeal to modern pop culture if you do it right and you did it right. I like your brain. You see what’s wanted and you go for it and you make the best out of it. Good job

- Don Benjamin (IceBear)
I do not see this as your strongest shot. I’m not loving at all for the fact that this really is only selling me clothes but I’m not getting the modern pop culture vibe from it at all. Your pose is not as appealing as it could be and hate to say it but the clothes do not mesh for my liking. I do feel this was hit and mis for you.

- Harry Shum Jr. (DrG2)
I personally do not see the pop culture in this shit. It’ very old school to me or maybe more sophisticated rich type vibes but not modern pop culture. I would love to judge the photo more on how it is but it’s not tying into the theme that I can’t really depict on anything else.

- Jordan Barrett (Bella1)
Jordan congratulations you earned my first 10. This whole shot scream POP CULTURE and sex… which is very pop culture. You hit the nail on the coffin, buried it, and watched it grow. Good job Jordan.

- Jourdan Dunn (Rubes)
I like the lighting in this shot I do feel like this type of lighting automatically gives you the modern pop vibe. You then have to match it up with the proper clothing and give a bomb ass pose and you nailed it. Jourdan Dunn you have earned my second 10 because you brought your A-game.

- Kit Butler (waft)
I agree with Carly that this photo lies right between modern and classic but i’m okay with that part of it. The facing position of only giving one dimension of your face doesn’t please a lot in this particular shot though because I do not see the necessity for it. Maybe if you were facing forward and gave us a sharper glare in facial features I do think the photo may have been a lot “pop”-ier and less blandish.

- Ong Seongwoo (SeongWoo)
Oh this shot most definitely had to come from an actual music video but it doesn’t bother me because this is a perfect shot as it is. It does match immediately up to theme and your explanation is spot on. It’s risky to take this from a music video BUT for me at least it paid off.

- Romee Strijd (Maxi1234)
You definitely gave a thorough explanation for me to under this photo but what I may have wanted more is to have seen color. Color is major major important when dealing with a shot focusing on POP CULTURE. I want to see that pop in the art that is modeling and looking dead at your facial expressions this could have been an amazing ten photo had color been involved but color is not involved. Nevertheless does it mean that is a bad shot. It’s good.
2228 days 6 hours ago
Neme91
RANKINGS

Jordan B.
Jourdan D.
Romee
Augusta
Seongwoo
Adrien
Arthur
Kit
Don
Harry
2228 days 5 hours ago
Bella1
Wow thanks so much Judges <3
2228 days 5 hours ago
Rubes
Thank you so much lucky :D gj Jordan for getting his first 10 :)
2228 days 5 hours ago
SeongWoo
Thank you Judges!
2228 days 2 hours ago
deshonBANNEDISBACK
CRITIQUES ~

KIT ~ I am going to be really honest with you. There is an aspect about your photos that really bore me week after week. It's the same sitting on a bench and catalog type photos.There's nothing that really wows me, and I think when you're given the theme pop culture, then it has to be eye-catching. I see what you were going for with the modernized fashion approach, but just because something is modern doesn't necessarily mean that it is something that adds to society's definition of pop culture. This isn't a bad photo, it is just extremely basic.

ARTHUR ~ This photo is not working for me at all. From a pop culture standpoint, the Bomber jacket could work here, however, this photo as a whole doesn't scream pop culture. It screams catalog model. You went the fashion route to pop culture like KIt, but there is nothing really defining pop culture. When I think of pop culture in fashion, I think of Hippy, Geek Culture, Vintage, Punk Rock something that was remarkably popular at any point in time, that attracted a younger crowd. This to me is very basic.

JOURDAN ~ This is fierce! I adore this photo for the simple fact that when I first looked at this photo (before even reading your inspiration) I could pinpoint pop culture. I love the inspiration. You look like a badass pop star in a music video. I love the faux type jacket which is definitely defined in today's fashion. The lights and the background also lure me in. This is a strong shot!

SEONGWOO ~ Now this was your type of photoshoot, don't you agree? I mean this is right up your alley. K-POP is the all-new trend in today's pop culture, and you are serving that on a platter. Much like the music video inspiration like Jourdan, you are working this shot. Your face is kind of a little dead in this picture which could've definitely been improved.

AUGUSTA ~ I mean Coca Cola advertising is one of the main examples of Pop Culture. There's been Coca cola ads in Movies, Television shows, Music Videos, Commercials. I mean it really is the drink of the era and has made a storm in Pop Culture, so I love this example you've chosen. I like the photo swell. There i kind of a quirky sexiness and flintiness to it, with the mouth of the straw of the coke bottle. Could you have done better? Of course, you have proven yourself in this competition, so it is tough to compare this week with weeks you've absolutely wow'd me in.

ADRIEN ~ I see what you were going within your explanation, however, it doesn't quite translate in your picture. I mean, the Olympics is a worldwide competition that is definitely highlighted in today's pop culture, so I am glad you thought outside of the box. As far as the bicycling goes, when I look at this photo, it seems very dated to me. From the background to the type of bike. I don't think the photo being in black and white helped you out either. This is actually a great photo but doesn't really translate into pop culture.

JORDAN ~ This is actually very very good. I feel like you were one of the models that really understood the photo shoot completely. I love how your inspiration derives from strong and inspirational messages in today's pop culture, specifically in pop music. This photo definitely has a message but also has a sexual appeal side which I love. The colors really add a nice touch to the photo as well. I mean this really draws me in. You look fierce as always, and very demanding. Great job!

ROMEE ~ As far as inspiration, I think this was the strongest and well written out. The photo in itself is very bold and sensual which I like about it. I love how you took western culture and translated that into pop culture because that's one of the most known and prominent ones in pop culture. However, I think as far as the "Daisy Dukes" bit goes, I think you went too specific by just pinpointing the shorts in the photo, rather than just merely giving us a broad interpretation of pop culture. I think the black and white bit does you no justice in terms of a pop culture editorial. It kind of takes away from the shoot itself. But this was a good week for you.

HARRY ~ I think this is a good explanation as far as K-POP fashion goes. I do get K-POP vibes in this photo, which is good. However, there's something that really takes away from the pop culture aspect of this photo. I don't know if its the furniture in the picture or the dreary lighting in the photo, but something really takes away from the photo. I also wish you were doing more in the photo, rather than just sitting on the couch. I mean this was a really good week to give it your all and be creative.

DON ~ I agree with Carly, there is no risk in this photo, and this week screams risks. I mean, you nailed the description, because there are aspects of the styling that definitely translate into pop culture. The flannel, the hat, and even the tatoos. There is an edge about this photo that I like, but in general it is a basic shot. It's nothing that we haven't see already. You could've done more.

OVERALL RANKINGS ~

1. Jordan
2. Jourdan
3. Seongwoo
4. Augusta
5. Romee
6. Adrien
7. Don
8. Harry
9. Kit
10. Arthur

All in all, I may have been a little hard on some of you, but I was so disappointed with the lack of inspiration and creativity. Only the first 5 of you really did good in this week's photoshoot. The rest I felt like it either lacked in creativity and didn't have that wow factor or didn't have a strong enough inspiration. This Pop culture photoshoot was not only the second phase in the competition, but an opportunity to give a second first impression with breath-taking and creative takes on today's pop culture, and some of you just missed the mark.
2228 days ago
SeongWoo
Harry did a good photo, but this isn't K-POP as Music, is a better shot for Korean Doramas (TV)
--------

Also, Thank you SO MUCH Saskia!
2228 days ago
Bella1
Wow thank you Saskia <3
2227 days 8 hours ago
Jerard
Panel tonight x
2227 days 1 hour ago
Jerard
Will do my thoughts first then panel afterwards x
2227 days ago
SeongWoo
Waiting...
2227 days ago
SeongWoo
-
2227 days ago
SeongWoo
-
2227 days ago
SeongWoo
-
2227 days ago
SeongWoo
-

open group

NEXT TOP MODEL 20: Fans vs Favorites

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!