This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

#NTM10 - #NTM10 - Challenge & Photoshoot (6)

Topic » #NTM10 - #NTM10 - Challenge..

2231 days 1 hour ago
waf_
ahahah sorry for posting lmao
2230 days 8 hours ago
Jerard
Photoshoot #6

"Pop Culture"

Hello Guys and welcome to your sixth photoshoot. This photoshoot is really important for you as for the nine of you, in this photoshoot will come your starting money for phase 2 while for the one of you - it is the end of his/her time in the competition. Now for our photoshoot, this is something that Judge Saskia is familiar with - as it was a photoshoot for Week 3 of Next Top Model 9 - Dream Team, which she eventually won best photo.

Now for your photoshoot we are talking about "Pop Culture". So basically what is it - is the entirety of attitudes, ideas, images, perspectives, and other phenomena within the mainstream of a given culture, especially Western culture of the early to mid-20th century and the emerging global mainstream of the late 20th and early 21st century.

Basically, we are taking a hit on the pop culture's entertainment and fashion. So, what you need to present us is basically a photo which will appeal to the masses - mostly the millennials. Describe us the lifestyle and tastes of the majority "younger" ones. Music by Taylor Swift, One Direction, Justin Bieber, etc, appeals to the young ones. Movies like Friday The 13th, The Notebook, Fast & Furious, also did have the chance to be on the spotlight, now it's your turn.

Be creative with your ideas, an EXPLANATION is HIGHLY NECESSARY -  You have 24 hours to do the task. So please submit it within 24 hrs. Goodluck!
2230 days 8 hours ago
SeongWoo
Woaaaah, too hard challenge
2230 days 2 hours ago
waf_
KIT

https://i.imgur.com/Cf1dotU.jpg

I have chosen this photograph among many, the truth. I was very hesitant but I'm going to take a chance on this one.
I think it pretty much defines the photoshoot theme, because Kit wears a fairly youthful and modern outfit, like the sheepskin jacket and autumn colors.
The hairstyle she wears is also very modern, a carefree toupee that makes the look more casual and more "street".
2229 days 23 hours ago
Brandonh1
Arthur Kulkov-

I think from head to toe this is what the youth would wear. It doesn’t take jeans and suits to make an outfit now day plus many say that isn’t all that comfortable. Arthur has chosen a very Modern Bomber Jacket with some very comfortable grey sweat pants. I was kinda stuck between two outfits and I believe this one would appeal most to the youth then the other with a lot of jackets and jeans.

https://www.thefashionisto.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Arthur-Kulkov-American-GQ-Style-005.jpg
2229 days 22 hours ago
Rubes
I think that Taylor Swift is a pop culture icon especially with her newest album and with the song "Look what you made me do." It's about how you can move on, be a new person and erase all the bad things about you and chance from old personalities. In this photo I am being fierceness while I stand tall and proud of the new me. I feel like this would appeal to the youth because they will look at it and think if she can wear what she wants, be who she wants to be and be proud of who she is then I can too when I grow up.

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5710c262e707ebb8c5904115/59e4b62bf43b5526bc887015/59e4b663b07869a85b25c5cc/1508161154482/2017_08_22_MISSGUIDED_S_01_042.jpg?format=1000w
2229 days 21 hours ago
SeongWoo
Seongwoo - https://prnt.sc/iw4my8

When we talk about pop couture, i remind about YOUTUBE/ IDOLS /MUSIC VIDEOS. Since i'm a young and i live this pop culture, i tried to do a shot like a Music Video with a lot of lights, sparks and smokes. I'm showing my mature and sexy side, the new Seongwoo. For clothes, i mixed 3 types of them, casual white jeans, a sporty jacket and a fashion turtleneck.
2229 days 16 hours ago
bambinoswag
Augusta Alexander -- https://prnt.sc/iw8an2

Coca-Cola advertising has been among the most prolific in marketing history, with a notable and major impact on popular culture and society as a whole. Since its inception in 1886, Coca Cola has dominated the soda market well into the 21st century. The Coca Cola logo is a pop culture icon in itself, being immediately recognizable by all generations and representing a popular taste & flavour of American culture. Since big logo-ed T shirts are back in style (see: Gucci, Supreme), I decided to proudly wear and promote the Coca Cola brand in a way that would represent millenial style.
2229 days 14 hours ago
imprincearthur
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/e5/97/b3/e597b38d87c52a67e3e26cd547f3db2a--fall-winter--autumn.jpg

Athletics have dominated our culture for centuries and centuries spawning all the way to the first olympics that can dated all the way to 776 B.C. and even nowadays with football, basketball, lacrosse, tennis and many others. In this photo I tried to demonstrate both sides of athletics The field portions as well as the other side. I tried demonstrating The Olympic portions with the bicycle and with the other portion I tried demonstrating the field portions by wearing a letterman jacket.
2229 days 12 hours ago
Bella1
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/2f/17/60/2f176020e0fa4652a1b8449290cf3743.jpg

With the photo I have chosen this week I really wanted to embrace the continuously growing influence Pop Cukture has on our society! People like Justin Bieber, Rihanna and Camilla Cabello are all very influential figures when making their music and the videos to go with it! They have to make sure that they are looking a certain way to entertain their support, with my photo I wanted to promote the exsistence Of always having to look in the mirror and truly appreciate what u see or not! With Pop culture becoming more popular and influential people are more and more changing as well altering themselves to look a certain way, that is why I used a shot that shows a reflection! The fashion and lighting is all inspired by music videos created by Demi Lovato and Justin Bieber who are both pop culture icons!
2229 days 12 hours ago
Maxi1234
ROMEE STRIJD - https://i.pinimg.com/originals/a0/1d/93/a01d937b45913690e1c852e31f6102a5.jpg

For this photoshoot, I decided to represent the infamous American south. Many people aren't familiar with the southern culture, other than being controversial figures on it's own that make America, well American! These are the driving force behind many fashion staples that are timeless and still worn to this day. For example, cowboy boots, flannels, and thrashed denim can be noticed as southern staples that originated from the cowboy era. For this week, I decided to embrace another figure of clothing that is typically well renown in the southern American states, the infamous short shorts.

"Daisy Dukes" are extremely short, form-fitting, denim cut-off shorts worn by young women, originally in the American South. They were named after the character Daisy Duke (portrayed by actress Catherine Bach) in the early 1980's American television series, The Dukes of Hazzard.

With the absence of the "Dukes of Hazzard" show, the term would certainly have lost its popularity and meaning without the 1990's hit song "Dazzey Duks," by Hip Hop artist Duice. Duice not only revived the term "Daisy Dukes," but also introduced it to a new generation not aware of the terms origins. From country to urban, Daisy Dukes will always be remembered as "denim short shorts." And they have forever been engraved as a staple fashion wear in Pop Culture.

Hope y'all enjoy my Dukes of Hazzard inspired shoot!
2229 days 11 hours ago
DrG2
Harry
http://harryshumjr.net/photos/albums/userpics/10001/World_Meet_Boy_Harry2.jpg

This time my inspiration is from K-Pop Fashion which is usual suit but mixed with turtle neck shirt on a Video Clip or even Photoshoot in a movie (I ever saw a movie photoshoot that uses that kind of natural sunrise effect but forgot where)
2229 days 10 hours ago
IceBear
Don Benjamin: https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/vp/45376334f0660912de02e0ef5ed6ed50/5B2D9B89/t51.2885-15/e15/1170041_1420162464883585_1055390598_n.jpg

For this photoshoot on pop culture, I went for a casual look with a hint of personality of flare. Singers such as Pharell Williams and Harry Styles popularized the use of wearing a fedora type of hat, but Jusitn Bieber brought the trend together with a flannel and t-shirt. This look expresses a relaxed attitude as well as keeping a fashionable look. This style can be copied by fans to show support in the artist while staying true to themselves.
2229 days 10 hours ago
Jerard
XXCLOSEDXX
2228 days 23 hours ago
carlyjordan14
- Adrien Sahores (imprincearthur)
The explanation you gave helps a bit, but it’s a bit tough to really get the pop culture vibe. I think overall the shot is good, but not really your strongest. If it was in color it might have been a bit better to make it pop.

- Arthur Kulkov (Brandonh1)
The outfit certainly fits and looks great on you. However, this is still a photoshoot challenge and needs to stand out. This isn’t a shot that will be remembered as it’s a bit too catalogue model-esque.

- Augusta Alexander (bambinoswag)
I love the history you managed to incorporate with this shot. Not only does this look good enough to be on a billboard, but it meshes the classic with the modern. Not a big fan of the text though.

- Don Benjamin (IceBear)
The styling is cool and there is no denying that you are a great fashion model. However, I think a lot of what you have produced up to this point is about the clothing. I want to see you take some risks because you have the potential of going much further.

- Harry Shum Jr. (DrG2)
I appreciate the description you gave, but honestly this shot is very bland to me. At first glance there isn’t anything that screams pop culture to me. The lighting seems to be too bright and distorts the overall image a bit too much.

- Jordan Barrett (Bella1)
I LOVE this shot! Not only is it oozing sex appeal, but it connects so well with pop culture. The lighting, the colors and the implication that sex sells - given the money near your crotch - is great. Your best shot to date I believe.

- Jourdan Dunn (Rubes)
This feels very pop culture with your styling and the lighting used. It’s seductive and bold which is great for this theme. I think it would have been a bit stronger if you were closer to the foreground.

- Kit Butler (waft)
Overall I like the styling of your outfit and the side profile pose. I don’t really see the pop culture aspect though. The outfit is a mix of modern and classic, which is nice but still slightly missing the mark to me.

- Ong Seongwoo (SeongWoo)
The diagonal angle is a bit odd for me, but I think you did a solid job. I’m sure this did come from an actual music video rather than a photoshoot. This feels a bit more like an action movie shot than a pop culture themed one.

- Romee Strijd (Maxi1234)
Overall I get the look you were going for and your explanation was very well thought out. However, I’m not a big fan of the styling. But I do think you gave this, with help of your explanation, a really strong effort so I applaud you for that.

open group

NEXT TOP MODEL 20: Fans vs Favorites

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!