This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

#NTM19 - Challenge & Photoshoot (6)

Topic » #NTM19 - Challenge &..

323 days 18 hours ago
Jerard
Challenge #6

"Lindsey Wixson"

https://media.giphy.com/media/v1.Y2lkPTc5MGI3NjExMmY3MjIyMmVjOTc5ZWNmOWY3NGQ0MjI2MTllYTU2MGZlMDBmYTBhZSZlcD12MV9pbnRlcm5hbF9naWZzX2dpZklkJmN0PWc/77ga93aongk215N4bu/giphy.gif

Hello, Top 8, welcome to your challenge this week. We are starting this week by giving a tribute to Lindsey Wixson, the winner of the Next Top Model Cycle 7: Rise to Stardom!

Lindsey Wixson is most known for her unique features, defined in part by her bee-stung, that's what will be the focus of your challenge today. You will be tasked to showcase what you are most known for.

You will be given an opportunity to showcase what you're known for, not just limited to your physical features, but also accomplishments, areas, and talents you excelled on. It is a task wherein when we think about your name, that will be one of the most obvious things that come to mind.

You have 24 hours for this challenge. Thank you and good luck!
323 days 16 hours ago
Ajathekween
Doja Cat:

So obviously I’m not known for my modeling and I am the shortest in the competition standing at a whopping 5’3. If you don’t know what I’m known for is my music. I first started making music and making beats since I was 16 on SoundCloud and my song MOO took off and I was starting to get well known. However, it was because of Tik Tok I catapulted into mainstream success with my song “Say So”. I then went onto be have Grammy nominations and a Grammy for my song with SZA “Kiss Me More”. In this photo I am paying homage to my most commercially successful and Grammy nominated album “Planet Her” and spaced centered album that had many bops.

https://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-JhNd0z1m69TUU6Oc-zJmO1Q-t500x500.jpg
323 days 14 hours ago
Delano
Anja Rubik

My shoot today is based on my trajectory so far in the competition. My choice was to show the dark tones in the background, but this time not totally black and white, as I did at the beginning. I received criticism in the first episodes for having this darker side in my photos, but it is something I like and that represents my personality. The critics asked me to show some more colorful tones, and I brought this here too. This work is a combination of criticism and my personal taste. In addition to the background, I am bringing another mark of Anja: the face showing complex emotions and a stare, there are those who say that a little melancholy, another trait of mine.

https://imgur.com/a/bg6oS9s
323 days 1 hour ago
coolKat
-Liu Wen-

Today I wanted to highlight my best feature, and something that I often find myself getting complimented on for my shoots, and that is my eyes. My eyes always seem to tell a story, and while I have yet to highlight that so far I’m highlighting them now, by showing you a photo shoot that is captivating and no matter what other business is going on- in this case my clothes, your eyes are drawn to my own 

https://www.designscene.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Liu-Wen-Edit-Magazine-Jason-Kibbler-06.jpg
323 days 1 hour ago
humanwebjet1
~ Du Juan ~

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/55f45174e4b0fb5d95b07f39/1681481819370-4QHG1Y0YUR2B5MXYLLJX/Du-Juan-by-Liu-Song-T-Magazine-China-April-2023-00005.jpg?format=2500w

I'd like to expand more on a characteristic or trait that I've discovered of myself through this competition ... which is my artistic nature. Throughout this journey, I have created shots that are not mere photographs but powerful visual stories, reflecting who Du Juan is at her core. This is what sets me apart and immediately comes to mind when people think of me.

This image encapsulates the essence of a carefree artist, and it serves as a symbol of the creative spirit that resides within me. What truly sets me apart is my versatility as an artist. When people think of Du Juan, they envision a free-spirited soul who fearlessly embraces her artistic pursuits. From the world of high fashion to intimate moments of vulnerability, I embrace every opportunity to showcase my adaptability and bring forth the essence of the moment.

Shots that I've produced have always had a story or reasoning behind it which I believe is what sets me apart showing layer by layer who Du Juan is. I've found storytelling through my shots and allowing my audience to digest it particularly fulfilling because I feel as though I'm a versatile model as my artistry allows me to acclimate to different situations.
322 days 23 hours ago
camell22
~~~~~~~~~~Kim Woobin~~~~~~~~~~~

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/93/3e/da/933eda3cd696c0faf5b66c2581d2a447.jpg

In this photo, I want to showcase taking on challenges and going forward and through with the challenges, being in this was one of them because life would always throw you a curve ball while at least expected and I'm always gonna ride it through.

Being a model first and then translating to being an actor has been a challenging path because I had to place it on hold when dealing with nasopharyngeal cancer (Cancer that's located at the nasopharynx, located behind the nose and above the back of the throat)

So I had to take a step down and now that's gone I'm definitely ready to make a big comeback into the things I love doing and make another chapter in my life. Thank god I'm wearing my favorite suit in this water.
322 days 23 hours ago
SeongWoo
'Jackson Yee - https://i.imgur.com/g1Q87bO.png

Well, i already pointed out how i am very BORED/UPSET by this season, it turned into a writing contest, every challenge based on writing a story or an subjective theme that take us a lot of lines to explain because judges need to have every particle of the shot explained when they can also use their imagination to see some perspectives from the shot (come on, they all played the game).

So, what i am bringing here? Jackson knowing for being kinda a cunt. I really disagree with some stuff happening here but i still want to be the winner, thats why i am using this "crown".

Bored about (almost) everything? Yes!
Giving up? Never!

And always having an eye in my oponents!
322 days 19 hours ago
Minie
V
https://i.imgur.com/g8VlKFO.jpg

When you say V the first thing that surely comes to your mind is BTS right? I am known to be the unique childish carefree personality of BTS.

So today I am displaying my childish side. But, there’s actually more to it.

The photoshoot was made to promote my solo, Inner Child which was a song in our most successful album Map of Soul.

In addition to my personality, it also displays one of my most intimate hobbies, painting and drawing. Feeling inspired by Picasso or a Van Gogh, I produced the conceptual photoshoot which includes my own drawings.

The photoshoot as whole best describes me as a I thrive to excel and reach for the clouds in the most carefree way.
322 days 18 hours ago
Rubes
~ Rianne Van Rompaey ~

I feel like some models have not really done much research about themselves and some of the stuff they have spoken about in this challenge has been a bit of stretch and not related to what we’ve actually been tasked to do.

But anyways…onto my shot this week! The main thing that I think of when I look at Rianne is her beautiful ginger hair, she’s a gorgeous red head and definitely uses that to her advantage in her shoots. On top of her gorgeous ginger hair she has piercing blue-green eyes which can be seen from a mile away. So in this shot I wanted both my hair and eyes to really pop with this outfit.

A second thing that I noticed with Rianne’s photoshoots is that she loves to have an interesting background to set a scene. So far I’ve had backgrounds from a beautiful forest to an empty dessert to a skyscraper building you name it. I wanted to have another visually stunning background in this shoot.

However, this background isn’t just any background. Rianne is a Dutch model so she was born and raised in Netherlands. When she started her modelling career at the age of 19, she quickly started living her live in Amsterdam. Amsterdam is an incredible city but one thing it’s most known for is it’s stunning canals (Brouwersgracht, Singel, Herengracht, Keizergracht and Prinsengracht to just name a few). Therefore my background is to highlight and showcase the beautiful city that Rianne lives in!

Hope you enjoy!

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/4a/b8/f9/4ab8f917eae3673a9cf5fef5d95c46e4.jpg
322 days 18 hours ago
Jerard
XXCLOSEDXX
322 days 11 hours ago
tswiftlover13
🤍Judge Taylor’s Critiques🤍

Doja Cat: YUS! This is everything I wanted from you for this theme. You picked your music which is what I know you for and this was a perfect representation of the album you’re going for. I love the pose and the outfit you’re wearing. You’re short but the way you’ve posed yourself it makes you seem taller than you are. Honestly no complaints here.

Anja Rubik: I really love this shot. I’ll be honest I don’t know much about you so I was hoping you’d give me more to work with here other than what you’ve given so far in the competition. When I look at this photo I don’t see what you’re trying to sell. But I still love this shot. You look fierce! You look like you’re literally climbing out of a painting. 😍

Liu Wen: I like this shot in general with your pose and outfit! I love the way your pose seems so natural for you! But with what you chose to showcase I don’t feel your eyes were the highlight of this shot. They were the last thing I saw. This is not a bad shot at all but I’m not seeing your eyes as the highlight here.

Du Juan: you put so much effort into this shot. I almost didn’t need all the explanation but wow it all came together perfectly!! This shot is TOP MODEL! I love everything about it from the pose to the props and your outfit. Your facial expression!! And the RAIN. It’s all so beautiful. I got lost for a moment in this shot and that’s what I look for most in a model.

Kim Woobin: I really love how fun your shot is, I love how you’re wearing a suit while skiing in the snow!!!? Different but seems fun. This feels like what you’re known for is being able to overcome any obstacles that get thrown your way. I’m feeling it all right when I saw this shot. GORGEOUS!!

Jackson Yee: First off the shot is killer! You are serving up angst and I see frustration in your face which you expressed in your post. But I’m not sure what you’re going for here. You were supposed to showcase something you’re known for in a photo. You being a c*** is not something I know you for. You completely missed the Mark for me and I feel to win this game you need to be humble or at least try to be? and have some sort of ‘grace’ about how you approach any situation thrown your way.  I didn’t always get the best critiques in my season but I took the constructive criticism and did what the judges wanted and won. You can too! 💜

V: Oh THIS IS FUN! Instantly I know exactly what you’re going for when I opened your shot. When I think of you V this is instantly what pops into my head. I love how you’re showing off your inner child but also your creativity which is what I know you for. I think your pose is a bit simple and that’s the only thing I would’ve changed about this shot. Everything else is great!

Rianne Van Rompaey: THIS is how you show off your features! When I think of you I instantly think of your gorgeous red hair so kudos to you for picking that. Your eyes are also a standout here. I didn’t need to zoom in to see those gorgeous piercing blue eyes. Now the photo itself is a work of art! Your posing is spot on, your outfit didn’t take any  distraction away from what you’re trying to show off here and your background is gorgeous. This is a top model shot!!!!!
322 days 11 hours ago
SeongWoo
Just to making it clear, i really understood the assignment wrong lmao
but i am not talking about the judging itself.
its more about the themes.
322 days 10 hours ago
Jerard
Results will be posted at 6 PM EST, and then your photoshoot.

Thanks! x
322 days 9 hours ago
Minie
So who is judging this challenge?
322 days 9 hours ago
spinfur
"Just to making it clear, i really understood the assignment wrong lmao
but i am not talking about the judging itself.
its more about the themes."

Yeah most of the things are inspiring by a lot of challenges from previous times yet if you look at all the themes that we've had this edition there's been minimal writing involved if not none the only three where we required a good amount of writing was Garrett's challenge where you had to write what you fight for, Marlons challenge where you had to write a kingdom, and then last challenge where you had to write a story.

The rest of the challenges you could have gotten away with writing one to two sentences and still secure yourself a win, you're a veteran so I don't get how you think this season's any different than other seasons because most of these challenges have been inspired by challenges of the past

open group

NEXT TOP MODEL 20: Fans vs Favorites

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!